385 West Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levallauris.com/
- Phone: (760) 325-5059
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Le Vallauris has a policy that requires a credit card for reservations of 8 persons or more. Reservations MUST be cancelled by 9:00AM for LUNCH reservations and by 12:00 noon for DINNER reservations. A charge of $25 per person will be levied for cancellations made AFTER these hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Lair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Vallauris has developed a famous reputation for outside caterings from 2 to 500 guests. The key to success is that Chef Jean Paul prepares all the food on site, no pre-cooked food is kept in hot boxes for a whole day! Le Vallauris has catered to parties as far as Laguna Beach at the coast. A professional service staff is used to give unobtrusive and friendly service. Weddings and Corporate events are their specialty. Comprehensive packages are available to accommodate budgets. Le Vallauris includes in its packages for up to 200 guests all the equipment needed except tables and chairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Le Vallauris has 2 inside dining rooms for private parties each one with a capacity for up to 50 persons. The Patio can also be used on a "buy out" basis for up to 150 persons and a tree shaded Gazebo is available for up to 120 guests. These facilities are able to use an array of "prix fixe" menus.
- Private Party Contact: Omar Haddedou 8669719532
- Entertainment: Le Vallauris has a pianist in the bar.
- Special Events: Le Vallauris can arrange for private events according to the wishes of the clients. We like to be known to be a "one stop shop!"
A word from Le Vallauris
Established in the heart of Palm Springs since 1973, Le Vallauris located at the foot of San Jacinto Mountains has been the highest rated restaurant in the Palm Springs Valley since its inception. Owned and operated by the well known restaurateur Paul Bruggemans who was also owner of the Famous Le St Germain restaurant in Hollywood. The Historic Landmark was built in 1927 and was owned by the owners of the famous Desert Inn which was The hotel in the Valley. Many grand parties were held in the house for guests such as Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong and many more. It was a favorite place for General Patton when he was based in Palm Springs to stage the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. Later on, when the restaurant was established it became a favorite place for Presidents and the Hollywood elite. The renowned Patio lined with Giant Fichus trees is THE place to dine. The Patio is cooled in the Summer and heated in the Winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Vallauris - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Le Vallauris reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (82)special occasion (77)romantic (70)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (25)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fine dining at its bestLEP25VIPDined on 11/21/2014Le Vallauris is an elegant French restaurant with charm.Special Features:
- EnchantingPSILUVUDined on 11/18/2014Tha patio space is wonderful, The Wine list is excellent, the meal was superb, a morale and enchanting eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most elegant Sunday Brunch in Palm SpringssagewoodVIPDined on 11/16/2014Treat your special ones to this absolutely elegant Sunday Brunch. Be sure to make a reservation, as you will want to get a table on their stunningly beautiful patio under near century old ficus trees. The menu will be wheeled to your table where you may choose from an array of starter courses (my personal favorite is the Shrimp Katafi - large prawns artfully prepared and wrapped in a "bird's nest".) Next, order your main course from at least a dozen choices. And finally your meal will be finished off with a choice of decadent desserts. No getting up to get your food here. Superbly trained wait staff attends to your every need, including complimentary quality champagne or a house pour wine. Complimentary Valet parking is also offered. Step back to the old Hollywood days in Palm Springs and enjoy this incredible restaurant. On our visit, seated at the next table to us was none other than the first lady of musical stage, Carol Channing. We had the joy of treated our out of town family to an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere was equal to the food: very unique,LilMEDined on 11/15/2014While jacketed waiters and a live band made the scene feel timeless Our food was excellent (filet and veal medallions ). The champagne and wine list was nice too. Our table was next to the step from the entrance I'll ask for a table with a view of the restaurant next time. We were in a corner a bit removed yet in a traffic area. Lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionbirthdayDined on 11/15/2014I booked this to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday. They greeted us by saying "Happy 75th Birthday"to him. It was a very special place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un Coin de ParadismustangVIPDined on 11/15/2014For lunch we headed straight for an excellent French place, le Vallauris, on W. Tahquitz Canyon. Beautiful huge patio under shady trees, flowers on white tablecloths. We ordered beautifully flavored fresh pea soup, and tender loin of lamb crusted with a Dijon grainy mustard sauce on spinach. I ordered a 3 course menu: wild boar pate, cornichons, and onion jelly followed by roasted duck breast, potato croquette, and spinach. Dessert was a dense blood orange pannacotta topped with orange slices and lemon cake. We had glasses of 2008 Chateau Pipeau and a Syrah. It was as good a French meal as any we’ve enjoyed in France. The owners worked the room, speaking personally with each guest. The chef was fantastic. We would return in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting and food06annieDined on 11/13/2014Very good traditional French food. Great service and very welcoming staff. The outdoor garden is beautiful. Music at the bar..wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at Le Vallaurissld33Dined on 11/12/2014We dine at Le Vallauris every time we are in Palm Springs. And it never disappoints! From the romantic courtyard setting, to the excellent service, the logistics here are outstanding! And the food is the star of the evening. My crab appetizer and crispy duck was very, very good. My boyfriend had the best filet with a wonderful sauce. We ended the meal with a grand marnier souffle. The food delivery was well paced. And as always, we were greeted by the owner during the evening. Don't miss out on this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly exceptionalKellyDDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance is terrific, but the food was remarkableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Luv2dineVIPDined on 11/8/2014I went to Le Vallauris for the first time last weekend, I absolutely loved everything about it!Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasions.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent for special occasions. Expensive but worth it - definitely not an ordinary restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerchefmeDined on 11/8/2014This was a fabulous restaurant. Old school, white tablecloth elegance! The entire staff was gracious and elegant. The food was unbelievably wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherryDined on 11/8/2014Have always loved Le Vallauris for a Special Birthday or a delightful night out. My favorite table is in front of the fireplace on a cold winter night.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSuncoastDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner here. My starter, the pork belly dish was excellent though my main course, the lobster salad was dull. Wouldn't recommend that, especially at $46. My husbands beet salad was very dull, just thin slices of beet with a bit of cheese on top, though his lobster dish was excellent. We shared a passion fruit tart which was okay but not mind blowing. It was our first time here so had high expectations. So despite those two disappointing dishes we will come back for another try. Then it will be back to Copleys if that second go disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014The service was exceptional. The ambiance unbeatable. A warm, romantic room with old trees growing insice the courtyard atmosphere, decorated in white lights. The food fell a little short of the ambiance most particularly in the Appetizer sampler of tuna tartare, lobster bisque (which was excellent) and wild boar pate. The main course was very tasty - we had fish and lamb - and the dessert, although beautiful, seemed to not have been made in-house. All in all, one of the best dining experiences in Palm Springs however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Palm SpringsScottiePVIPDined on 11/1/2014If you're ever in Palm Springs, CA and are looking for a fine dining experience, look no further. This spot will satisfy your hunger and make your taste buds dance. An amazing wine list. An incredible menu and even a prix fix option if you're looking for an elegant experience without being on an "a la carte" budget! It's an amazing night that your palette won't soon forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Perfection!DesertRodentDined on 11/1/2014After ALL these many years, CONSISTENCY is KING! The ONLY thing that has really changed is the menu...always excellent, always something new to enjoy. With all that is only mediocre in our world, it is such a joy to keep coming home to our beloved Le Vallauris!! Much love, much joy.....the true GEM of Palm Springs! Simply the very best restaurant on the planet.Special Features:
- God bless WillyFreddieRhythmDined on 10/28/2014The stars of the show at Le Vallauris are the setting, the menu, the chefs and everyone back and front of house. But the star who shines brightest and makes a meal there so special is Maître D Willy. Thank you. And see you Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable French Cuisine!SwissmissDined on 10/21/2014We couldn't have dined at a more beautiful place for our 24th wedding anniversary! The service was very attentive and the food was divine in everyway! A very special evening and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less Than ExpectedChipVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went with great expectations. We found the place to be very stuffy. They treated us as if we were lucky to be there. You also felt as if they just wanted to feed you and have you leave so someone else could use the table. Our food was OK but not great. My wife ordered the chicken which came after all the other meals had been delivered for some five minutes; not the sign of a great restaurant. It was overcooked and very chewy. They did take it away and a manager cam over after a few minutes and told us he was taking it off the check as if he was doing us a favor. He did not comp my wife with even a desert. We will not be going back; it is not worth the price!Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary DinnerLvtoeatfishDined on 10/18/2014Le Vallauris's dining was an evening out to remember, seated out on the outdoor patio with large lighted trees was delightful. We noted how nice is was that staff asked if we wish to share the blue crab, crab cake appetizer. Then proceed to present this nicely between us. Compliments to the chef, my ravioli stuff with lobster covered with bisque sauce was perfect for me. Notable texture, flavor and presentation were a treat. My husband choice was the sheered lobster presented nicely, he enjoyed his meal very much also. The extra touch by staff was also done for dessert of homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh fruit topped off with a candle for 30th wedding anniversary to be shared by two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review by RichardrichardVIPDined on 10/14/2014La Vallauris was perfect in every way ... That's why we dine there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We came for our anniversary dinner. The outdoor terrace is beautiful and I highly recommend specially requesting the patio when you make your reservation. Our waiter was very informative and I appreciated that he had an opinion about the menu, it made it easier for me to make a choice! I rated the service a little lower because there were times where we were waiting a bit long for them to clear our plates...another way to loo at it was that they weren't rushing us to leave! Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousauntierDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has consistently fabulous everything.Special Features:
- MaggieMaggieDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dining experience, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Gem in the Desert!!LovefoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014Whenever in Palm Springs Le Vallauris is always on our list of restaurants to go to. There is a beautiful outdoor patio that is below a cluster of large, lit up ficus trees. Even if it's warm out they have air-conditioners that cool down the patio. It's lovely! The food is absolutely delicious and the menu is on a dry erase board that sits on an easel. It adds to the charm! The waiters are in tuxedos and provide superior service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveninghighstandardsdinerDined on 10/8/2014Quiet, away-from-it-all courtyard setting. Wonderful ambience, good food, if a little overpriced. Perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Have been visiting the Desert Area for years, and for some reason never got around to getting over to this restaurant. What a mistake. Was told it had been there for 43 years, and you would never know it! Well kept, very nice, with great service, and great food. Very impressive wine list. We enjoyed everything and will return every time we are out there from now on!Special Features:
- Fabulous,as alwaysPJMcDined on 10/5/2014Our favorite and the most special restaurant in Palm Springs and desert cities ... In every way!Special Features:
- MVSJDined on 10/2/2014Wonderful ambience, wonderful staff, wonderful food. Could not have been more impressed to stumble across this gem of a resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Hollywood glamourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Great ambience, service and setting. Romantic. The owners come round to ask how the meal was and make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GirlsnightDined on 10/2/2014Visiting Palm Springs on a girls trip, we decided to dine at Le Vallauris. It was outstanding! We dined at night in the courtyard and the ambiance was fantastic. The food was incredible and we both wished we could have eaten more. We tried the Halibut and the lobster as our entrees and they were wonderful. Service was perfect. Our favorite place! We will return for sure!!!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WSR FLmadge20thDined on 10/2/2014The food was unique and some of the best I have ever had.The service was superb and the owner took the time to speak with us for several minutes. It was a magical evening for my wife and I. I f we are ever back in Palm Springs this will be our first dining stop.Special Features:
- C'est bon-One of my best everJDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Traveling we try to find special dining venues. In Palm Springs my hubby suggested Le Vallauris. Arriving Thurs @ 7 pm to no hostess, an empty bar & dining room was concerning. However the Maitre D swept us away to a magical courtyard w/45 yr old lit ficus trees. The chalkboard menu reinforced the daily changing creativity of chef. Maybe the best thing we have ever eaten was a Roquefort stuffed Pear on frisee. The crab duo was sublime & flawlessly cooked. Scared to try sweetbreads they made an app portion, & now it is my favorite item EVER! The delicate chops of Rack of Lamb perfectly cooked/seasoned as was the Whitefish on the menu for 40 years. Paul stopped by the table & is so charming. Don't miss this place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteDesertSpinDocVIPDined on 9/29/2014We were so impressed with Le Vallauris the first time that we had to go back again just to make sure it was real. Everything about this restaurant is perfect. Everything. Tonight I had vichyssoise to start and a lobster salad that featured half a lobster, at least. Great martinis. Great wine list. Terrific desserts. This valley has many good restaurants and even a few that are exceptional, but this is the best. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect French meal!KitushaDined on 9/29/2014Friends recommended this restaurant very highly; they were not wrong. Our evening at beautiful Le Vallauris was a delight, from first to last. Every person treated us with friendly politesse. We enjoyed our meal on the enchanting patio, with just the right amount of light, plenty of space, NO clanking dishes or cutlery, NO dinging cash register or ringing phones - an oasis of elegance and luxury! The food was superbly prepared and presented: escargots in perfect buttery garlic, fresh warm bread, thick flavorful vichyssoise, duck and sweetbreads delicious, with perfect accompaniments. Excellent wines. The servers never rushed us. Dessert was creamy sweet vacherin with cherries, and Armagnac. Worth every penny. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Vallauris - great as usualpracticaldinerDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Le Vallauris - as usual, the service was impeccable, the food was wonderful, and the ambiance was perfect. Our favorite place for a special dinner in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencelovetoeatDined on 9/27/2014I picked this restaurant for my anniversary and it was everything I hoped for. The servers were excellent and friendly. The food was wonderful and I really enjoyed the music. We sat inside but could see outside. I'd definitely go back when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingCHobsonDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary dinner; small child with us, made a reservation at 5 PM, no other diners there. Staff seemed dismayed to see child; put us in dark corner (no other diners came in restaurant until around 6 PM). Waitress (probably in her 60s) acted as if she had never seen a small child before, and was flustered by any requests having to do with her. We requested that we move courses along quickly due to being there with a small child, but even so, meal took around 2 hours. I should mention that our child was very well-behaved during this time (stayed at table, didn't make noise, etc). I am vegetarian; only menu option was the vegetarian medley, which consisted of 5 sauteed vegetables with no seasoning for $27. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful meal, the lobster and halibut dishes we ordered were excellent and we would both order them again. Service was attentive and ambiance was pleasant.Special Features: