4938 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lathaiuptown.com/
- Phone: 5048998886
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Thai
Come experience the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia. Savor the delicious and tantalizing flavors of Thai cuisine with a Louisiana flair, in a fun and inviting atmosphere. From the traditional to the contemporary, our dishes will invigorate the senses and delight the soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (31)romantic (26)special occasion (24)great for lunch (19)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OutstandingEzEw504Dined on 9/13/2014Our food was outstanding and our waitress Miranda was fantastic. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not specialNothappydiner7Dined on 9/5/2014Pecan crusted redfish had no flavor. Could not taste pecan flavor . Had limited menu items for people who do not tolerate shellfish.
- Good Foodluv2eatDined on 9/5/2014When we visited La Thai we had an enjoyable experience. The ambiance was good. There was a good selection for food and drink and the service, our server was Cory was very good. We will definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Great food with good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014LaThai has great cuisine and is a family favorite. My daughter insists we visit whenever she's in from college.Special Features:
- ExcellentDm0122Dined on 8/31/2014Absolutely loved everything we ate. I crave their Chillean Seabass. OMG!!!Special Features:
- visit to la thaiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014the food was excellant and service was great. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Neighborhood Thai SpotOrlandoConnection38Dined on 8/24/2014We used a Groupon which allowed me to go and explore and even with that the meal was what i considered to be high. The taste of the food very good and ingredients appeared to be fresh. One comment, for my taste, the seafood curry had too much sauce and that is the reason for the 3 star because the seafood was soaked in the sauce. I do not like soggy fried seafood and that was the case if I had not removed it. My husband's dish was wonderful. For dessert we had a slice of chocolate cake and I was not impressed. I suggest they reconsider the choice of the chocolate cake because it is not tasty, does not appear to be homemade like the server suggested and it did not appear to be fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Really good, tasty Thai infused with a little local flare. Everything looked and taste fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, good areaThaiDined on 8/22/2014I tried the green curry chicken, and it was great with the perfect amount of spice.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Great Always enjoyable, food consistently good. our go to place for an excellent meal, livly atmosphe. Great restaurant to meet and enjoy really good Thai food with a New Orleans twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Very NoisyAgaionDined on 8/13/2014There is a full bar with speciality cocktails that are quite good. Steamed Dumpling appetizer was excellent- as was Shrimp Red Curry entree. The curry did not come with enough rice, but the waiter noticed this and brought more without being asked. Dining partner had Mee Grob which was good but not quite on the level of the curry. Owner - a very nice lady who goes by Mama - was working the floor and making sure guests were well attended. Only real negative was the noise level, but this may have been louder than usual, as even the waiter commented on it. Overall a very good dining experience and very well priced for the quality of food and service provided. Will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong.stcharleslaDined on 8/2/2014Great restaurant. Thai cuisine prepared with Louisiana ingredients. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- NOLA/Thai fusionMochasBossDined on 7/29/2014All orders came out together, all smokin' hot, all beautiful, all delicious! A wonderful evening. Veggie spring rolls nothing special…but everything else very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was an awesome experience. I was having trouble deciding between 2 dishes so the waitress suggested that i just try both....I looked at her and said I cant eat that much and she laughed. She said they would give me a half order of each....PERFECT IDEA. the food was great service was unbeatable. everything was refilled as you emptied it, the wait staff was very attentive and the ambiance was nice and relaxing. the area is very open so you will have some noise but not enough to distract you from the amazing food.Special Features:
- Ms CrabtreemscrabtreeDined on 7/24/2014This big open & mostly empty space (empty as far as patrons) was a disappointment from the minute we walked in. The menu is all over the Asian Map; it is hardly a Thai restaurant. Service was mediocre at best, spring rolls were greasy, and the drunken noodle dish had way too much sauce & the vegetables in it were over cooked. Would not return again
- ROCKIN'RellimillaDined on 7/9/2014The food is for sure as good as it gets! Mama's stuffed chicken is Devine! Service is friendly & professional.... a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Best in NolaTpaigeDined on 7/3/2014This is one of myself and my boyfriend's favorite places to go in New Orleans. The food is always consistently amazing!! Great Thai/Nola style fusion, we love it here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointingReadytofeastVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have been here on other occasions and really liked it....this time the food was bland and service was terrible. My iced tea ran out and was never refilled (the server never came back to the table.) Really needs to go back to the way it was!
- A favorite!Aligator28Dined on 6/14/2014LaThai is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans! I love that they are willing and able to accommodate my gluten free diet (medical reason...not for the fad). LaThai is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ThaiOsbornesVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SteakFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014When we were seated there was some confusion and no one was servicing us. Finally the Chef came out apologized and took care of us. A take care of us he did! We ordered pad Thai, shrimp, pineapple fried rice. While waiting for our food he brought up food for the table. On the house! We ate so much that night we couldn't fit dessert. We've been here before and will definitely be back. The food is consistently great and probably the best Thai Asian fusion cuisine in NOLA.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!LoveLoveLoveDined on 6/7/2014We drive from Baton Rouge to come eat here! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNavyDaveDined on 5/31/2014Never a bad experience, food is wonderful, service is great. A must for Thai lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerNolagirlDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant never disappoints. We had a great meal and great service. The drunken Noodles are my favorite and the vegetable spring rolls were delicious too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B.E.S.TVooDooQueenDined on 5/27/2014This is my favorite place to eat with friends or just my husband. The staff is very personal and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the La Thai reviews archive.
- Great food and wonderful service!Diner123Dined on 5/17/2014We really enjoyed our meal and Chef Merlin did a great job serving us! We were so glad we took his recommendation to get the Green Curry, it's a must try.Special Features:
- Love it!!!BrookieDined on 5/11/2014This place is a true gem. One of my favorite spots in nola ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad info-restaurant was closedLeeSDined on 5/6/2014I made a reservation on open table for Monday May 5...upon taking a $20 cab ride we arrived and saw the sign on the door that they are closed on Mondays. Really disappointed that we were able to make a reservation on a dark night.
- We were dubious...BorisgoodenoughDined on 5/4/2014About the idea of a fusion between Thai and New Orleans, but figured it was worth a try. And turns out that it works surprisingly well, mixing Thai flavorings and preparations with ingredients like oysters and soft-shell crab. Throw in a decent beer list and you're good to go. Interior is Spartan / utilitarian, probably not the best spot for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood spotMasonDined on 5/2/2014food was terrific, but the concrete floor and brick walls make it a very cacophonous environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy TasteseclecticdinersDined on 4/29/2014The food at La Thai is uniformly excellent. There is a large variety and we have not been served anything less than very good. Many of the dishes are outstanding and the prices are moderate.Special Features:
- Restaurant a "no-show"RGG2Dined on 4/20/2014I purposely used OpenTable because I was looking for a res for Easter Sunday lunch in New Orleans. I assumed if the time was listed available and was confirmed, the restaurant was open. It wasn't. After a 2 hour drive, I was very disappointed not to mention now in NOLA w/ no res on Easter. OpenTable was very clear about my obligation to show up or cancel res, but what about La Thai? Are they not obligated to have current info for customers?
- La Thai reigns supremeDurgaDined on 4/19/2014If you are looking for the best Thai food and best service in New Orleans, go to La Thai. Their superb dishes are served by an attentive wait staff. La Thai carries on the legacy of the Chauvin family's creativity, quality and hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana quantities; Thai qualitySteveBangkokDined on 4/19/2014As a resident of Bangkok, I was pleasantly surprised by the menu choices and the genuine green curry taste of the seafood curry that I ordered. Many Americans confuse Thai curries with Indian ones, not knowing that Thai curries are much better than Indian curries, so perhaps an explanation on the menu or by the waiter is in order. The service was impeccable and the ambiance tasteful. I highly recommend this place in the trendy Uptown Prytania neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodFood55Dined on 4/18/2014Some plates were a little spicy for my taste but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for gluten-free eaters!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014It can be hard sometimes to find a restaurant that serves gluten-free dishes, but La Thai has a plethora of options. They not only have specified gluten-free dishes on the menu, but the kitchen can accommodate any noodle dish to a gluten-free version. They also took out the vegetables I was allergic to, so those with allergies should have nothing to fear. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; okay foodPeachesDined on 4/17/2014The service really couldn't be better. The food though was average. If my wife was writing this review, she'd rate the food higher because she enjoyed the veggie curry but my cashew chicken was too sweet and a little odd tasting. The kids rice noodles were good but also kind of sweet. Because of the exceptional service, I would return--I would just order something other than the cashew chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was presented in a veryLoliDined on 4/11/2014Food was presented in a very nicely matter, but not terribly impressive in taste! Still a good place to go in groups and have a good time. Service was prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- Great Expectations poor serviceDonacondaDined on 4/4/2014Food was ok . Soup was cold had to send back . An hour passed before entre's arrived with excuses. Tablesarriving 30 minutes later than hour were eating entree's
- Great Thai restaurant UptowngdizzleDined on 3/30/2014Looking for something different than the usual Creole/Cajun in New Orleans, we discovered this gem of a Thai restaurant Uptown. The food was excellent and service was very efficient. The noise level made it hard for the waiter to hear our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.