4938 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lathaiuptown.com/
- Phone: (504) 899-8886
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Thai
Come experience the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia. Savor the delicious and tantalizing flavors of Thai cuisine with a Louisiana flair, in a fun and inviting atmosphere. From the traditional to the contemporary, our dishes will invigorate the senses and delight the soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
La Thai - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
La Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)romantic (23)great for lunch (20)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Every bite is deliciousLizzardBDined on 11/21/2014Each time I eat here I try something new and I'm never disappointed. The calamari is some of the best in town. Mama's hot and sour soup is savory. This time Mama recommended the seafood curry. Wow! Was she right. It had soft shell crab, shrimp, crawfish and,if you like curry, a sauce to blow you away. The staff are amazing we have our favorites. Diana and Mama are the most gracious hosts also. They are welcoming and hard workers. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two visits---Two great mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Great food and good service. Hard to find parking sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014They have a great happy hour with discounted apps. I wish the beverage selection was larger for happy hour but still not dissapointed. Everyone there was very nice and extremely accommodating. We had a large party for a birthday and I never heard the word no! Everything was great and it's such a chill laid back spot. Definitely a place I would recommend for date night or for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Ordered 4 appetizers and 4 entrees, all delicious! Pretty decor, attentive friendly service, but very loud crowd the evening we went ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not noteworthydth1Dined on 11/14/2014Food was good but not memorable especially in New Orleans
- Who do you want to be?CalWVIPDined on 11/2/2014This should be a no brainier. We need a good Thai restaurant uptown. Is the "La" for Louisiana or because the entire staff is Hispanic -- no matter. Egg rolls and coconut shrimp were very good. My entree, cashew chicken with vegetables, was swimming in a brown sauce (even though I asked for very light sauce). The veggies were extremely over-cooked. My nephew's Thad pai was like glue-- so over-cooked. The food should be served in the mid-west it's so bland. You're in New Orleans! Staff was overly-attentive.
- Great experience again!Lisa8hereDined on 11/1/2014We were at La Thai with a large party for my mother's birthday. Our food was delicious, the service was impeccable. The restaurant is spacious and beautifully decorated. Whenever we are in New Orleans, we try to have a meal at La Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodConsistentDined on 10/28/2014Love going to LaThai for lunch or an evening meal. It's become a family favorite. Dined there this week and sat outside since the weather was so beautiful. Overall a wonderful meal and relaxing evening over a glass of wine with good company, good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- It's okMichaelScottVIPDined on 10/26/2014Nothing great, nothing awful. Perfectly serviceable spot for a pleasant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Deal!Tm05VIPDined on 10/21/2014Went in and ordered appetizers as dinner. Didn't know they were $5 on Tuesdays! What a deal! Everything was great. Large portions too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnernolapapiDined on 10/21/2014We had the Crab Three Ways and the coconut shrimp. Both were delicious. Service was outstanding and will definitely return to try other menu items. When I made the reservation, I stated that I was celebrating my wife's birthday and wanted a table with low traffic. They met those expectations and the server even brought out a piece of red velvet cake for her to blow out her candles without me even have to say a word or ask.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodNOFoodieDined on 10/21/2014LaThai has always been consistent. Everything I've chosen each time has been delicious. The menu selection is fantastic and has a little bit of everything you are looking for. Highly recommend if you've not experienced LaThai.Special Features:
- good experienceptlbDined on 9/30/2014Overall the experience was very good. Expected the good to be similar to the old Bankock Cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceDatingexperiencesDined on 9/28/2014Menu variety to fit all styles, service was great.Special Features:
- Great foodcubsfanatic1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Sea Bass and Seafood Curry were to die for. Phat Thai, just so soSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Friendly ServicenolacharDined on 9/18/2014I've eaten here many times: large groups, date nights with my husband, and quick lunches with friends. This time my mother and I went there for a nice catch up lunch. And, although we stayed for two hours, we were never rushed or felt that we needed to leave (there were other tables, so we weren't preventing anyone else from sitting down). Their lunch specials are so well-priced and still generous portions, though not as insanely large as their dinner entrees (so, truly, perfect for lunch). Our server was very friendly and responded quickly to every request. I've never had a bad meal here and find their food fresh and delicious. Plus, there are plenty of options so I think anyone can find numerous tempting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingEzEw504Dined on 9/13/2014Our food was outstanding and our waitress Miranda was fantastic. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not specialNothappydiner7Dined on 9/5/2014Pecan crusted redfish had no flavor. Could not taste pecan flavor . Had limited menu items for people who do not tolerate shellfish.
- Good Foodluv2eatDined on 9/5/2014When we visited La Thai we had an enjoyable experience. The ambiance was good. There was a good selection for food and drink and the service, our server was Cory was very good. We will definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Great food with good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014LaThai has great cuisine and is a family favorite. My daughter insists we visit whenever she's in from college.Special Features:
- ExcellentDm0122Dined on 8/31/2014Absolutely loved everything we ate. I crave their Chillean Seabass. OMG!!!Special Features:
- visit to la thaiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014the food was excellant and service was great. will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot Neighborhood Thai SpotOrlandoConnection38Dined on 8/24/2014We used a Groupon which allowed me to go and explore and even with that the meal was what i considered to be high. The taste of the food very good and ingredients appeared to be fresh. One comment, for my taste, the seafood curry had too much sauce and that is the reason for the 3 star because the seafood was soaked in the sauce. I do not like soggy fried seafood and that was the case if I had not removed it. My husband's dish was wonderful. For dessert we had a slice of chocolate cake and I was not impressed. I suggest they reconsider the choice of the chocolate cake because it is not tasty, does not appear to be homemade like the server suggested and it did not appear to be fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Really good, tasty Thai infused with a little local flare. Everything looked and taste fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, good areaThaiDined on 8/22/2014I tried the green curry chicken, and it was great with the perfect amount of spice.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Great Always enjoyable, food consistently good. our go to place for an excellent meal, livly atmosphe. Great restaurant to meet and enjoy really good Thai food with a New Orleans twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Very NoisyAgaionDined on 8/13/2014There is a full bar with speciality cocktails that are quite good. Steamed Dumpling appetizer was excellent- as was Shrimp Red Curry entree. The curry did not come with enough rice, but the waiter noticed this and brought more without being asked. Dining partner had Mee Grob which was good but not quite on the level of the curry. Owner - a very nice lady who goes by Mama - was working the floor and making sure guests were well attended. Only real negative was the noise level, but this may have been louder than usual, as even the waiter commented on it. Overall a very good dining experience and very well priced for the quality of food and service provided. Will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong.stcharleslaDined on 8/2/2014Great restaurant. Thai cuisine prepared with Louisiana ingredients. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- NOLA/Thai fusionMochasBossDined on 7/29/2014All orders came out together, all smokin' hot, all beautiful, all delicious! A wonderful evening. Veggie spring rolls nothing special…but everything else very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was an awesome experience. I was having trouble deciding between 2 dishes so the waitress suggested that i just try both....I looked at her and said I cant eat that much and she laughed. She said they would give me a half order of each....PERFECT IDEA. the food was great service was unbeatable. everything was refilled as you emptied it, the wait staff was very attentive and the ambiance was nice and relaxing. the area is very open so you will have some noise but not enough to distract you from the amazing food.Special Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the La Thai reviews archive.
- Ms CrabtreemscrabtreeDined on 7/24/2014This big open & mostly empty space (empty as far as patrons) was a disappointment from the minute we walked in. The menu is all over the Asian Map; it is hardly a Thai restaurant. Service was mediocre at best, spring rolls were greasy, and the drunken noodle dish had way too much sauce & the vegetables in it were over cooked. Would not return again
- ROCKIN'RellimillaDined on 7/9/2014The food is for sure as good as it gets! Mama's stuffed chicken is Devine! Service is friendly & professional.... a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Best in NolaTpaigeDined on 7/3/2014This is one of myself and my boyfriend's favorite places to go in New Orleans. The food is always consistently amazing!! Great Thai/Nola style fusion, we love it here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointingReadytofeastVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have been here on other occasions and really liked it....this time the food was bland and service was terrible. My iced tea ran out and was never refilled (the server never came back to the table.) Really needs to go back to the way it was!
- A favorite!Aligator28Dined on 6/14/2014LaThai is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans! I love that they are willing and able to accommodate my gluten free diet (medical reason...not for the fad). LaThai is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ThaiOsbornesVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SteakFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014When we were seated there was some confusion and no one was servicing us. Finally the Chef came out apologized and took care of us. A take care of us he did! We ordered pad Thai, shrimp, pineapple fried rice. While waiting for our food he brought up food for the table. On the house! We ate so much that night we couldn't fit dessert. We've been here before and will definitely be back. The food is consistently great and probably the best Thai Asian fusion cuisine in NOLA.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!LoveLoveLoveDined on 6/7/2014We drive from Baton Rouge to come eat here! We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNavyDaveDined on 5/31/2014Never a bad experience, food is wonderful, service is great. A must for Thai lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerNolagirlDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant never disappoints. We had a great meal and great service. The drunken Noodles are my favorite and the vegetable spring rolls were delicious too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.