Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche - Bonita Springs
3300 Bonita Beach Rd.
Bonita Springs, FL 34134Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche - Bonita Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.komoonthai.com/
- Phone: 2399484663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Latin American, Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche - Bonita Springs
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche opened its 2nd location in Bonita Springs on July 25th, 2013. Owners Saifon Sombun and Paul Adrianzen created the concept of offering a unique selection of the finest foods from Thailand, Japan and Peru.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche - Bonita Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Thai and Sushikhiggs5Dined on 9/13/2014Both venues were terrific. They are working outside of the restaurant but the inside is perfect. Waitress was informative and the food was great. Price was perfect. A wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Bad situationBrew2goDined on 8/1/2014The sushi was actually decent. However there were a group of drunks being very obnoxious. The staff continued to serve them sake bombs and alcohol. Service was slow but friendly. We will not be back.
- Had some great crispy ducknosurprisesVIPDined on 7/23/2014I had a group of 7 for dinner try komoon and we all had good dishes served. The chicken rice soup was excellent. The sushi rolls were good. Just a nice variety of dishes to chooses from includian peruvian which we did not try this time. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushibonitababeVIPDined on 7/6/2014We're used to NY/ Long Island prices for Sushi...these were quite high. Would not return.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Komoon Thai Sushi & Ceviche - Bonita Springs reviews archive.
- ExcellentRONDMNDined on 6/7/2014I pass this neighborhood restaurant everyday and didn't think a Thai, Sushi and Ceviche was that inviting. We finally to try this restaurant out on Saturday night. Boy were we surprise!!!!! The food was excellent, the choices all looked appetizing. I see that this will probably become a once a week restaurant.Special Features:
- Greattabletraveler56Dined on 5/28/2014Excellent menu choices. Service was crisp and efficient. Entrees were presented well, and tasted fresh. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiLovestodineVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food here was actually very good although with so many sushi restaurants around town I gave it a lower score because their wine list was really lacking and service was slow and disinterested. Hopefully management takes note as this would be a good restaurant.Special Features:
- A nice spot for lunchMDFoodiesVIPDined on 4/5/2014We stopped in for lunch on our drive to tour the coast with the parent in the back seat. This place as great because it offered something for everyone. The sushi was fresh, the tempura was light, the thai was spicy hot as ordered, and the sweet and sour was sweet and sour! All was nicely done, fast, and efficient. Prices were good too.Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousGailVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was fantastic. The red and green curry dishes are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was disappointingLorisDined on 3/8/2014Food was fine, service not so good, very inconsistent. It was disappointing.
- Was an average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/6/2014Service was okay, good was okay. Would definitely not done there again. It wasn't bad it was just mediocre and with other similarly priced much better options just won't return.
- Sushi and Sashimi at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We found this place longing for good sushi without the high rent glitz. The variety and wonderfully blended flavor has made this our #1 spot for sushi. From the miso soup to rolls the offerings on the menu are there for everyone's taste.Special Features:
- DeliciousSnowDined on 2/27/2014The food was wonderful-a great variety and decent prices. The service was efficient and amiable. Our waiter knew the menu and patiently explained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backDonaldDined on 2/21/20141st time Ceviche ,Fish was excellent. Pad Thai also excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for EntertainingAngeloDined on 2/21/2014Invited family from out of town to have dinner at Komoon. Everyone was very pleased especially with the variety of the menu and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeHowardDined on 2/15/2014We read the reviews on Open Table and since we both like Thai cuisine we gave it a try. The reviews were correct.. We loved the deep fried curry duck but the pad thai was lacking in flavor. The service was attentive but a bit slow which we did not mind since we were just out for dinner. We would go back because the duck was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent - Service SlowMuffy1Dined on 2/14/2014Our reservation was on Valentine's Day dinner Restaurant over booked. We had our table promptly but not served food for over an hour. They were under staffed in all areas. Will not return on a special occasion as they do not know how to handle crowds. Very loud - not an enjoyable dining experience. Good thing - food was good. Would recommend but only not on special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very slow service!CristynaDined on 2/14/2014Great food unfortunately we did not get our appetizer until after an hour that we were seated!! The servers were very nice and apologetic and the food was delicious. But if you would ask me if I would come back, the answer would be "no". Just because there is good competition out there and other restaurants that are just as good as well but serve food quicker. I don't want to go out and dine and have to wait for my food for an hour and a half! I think the problem was they were understaffed on such a busy night. Good luck to them, I hope they improve on this problem.Special Features:
- Great surprising FindGailVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went to Komoon for the first time this past Saturday and thought the food and service were fantastic. From the spicy mango tuna and shrimp roll we split as an appetizer to the red thai curry with crispy duck and the green thai curry chicken, every bite was delicious. We will definitely go back again and have already spread the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprise Find!BonitaBabeDined on 2/6/2014Had a craving for Sushi and this place hit the spot! Innovative rolls, fantastic flavor, and outstanding service! Plus the sake was good! Will definitely go back over and over! Try the Scuba Roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a late reservationfoodlover1Dined on 1/31/2014We had a late reservation (7:30) on a friday and were surprised to find the restaurant half empty, but that was probably because of the later time. The ambiance was fine, the food was very good - fresh, well made. The menu is huge so it was kind of hard to make up our minds Only hitch - the server had literally started the day before and was a little slow. Also, forgot to bring water (we didn't get it until almost the end of the dinner) - he was a little nervous, and apologized for the oversight.. But we are easy going and did not take it out on him. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDavidVIPDined on 1/27/2014Always good service great, no matter who we introduce it to, end up loving itSpecial Features:
- This was our second visitDavidVIPDined on 1/14/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant this week. It is our "go to" for Japanese & Thai foods. Everything is fresh, beautifully presented and very tasty. The menu has lots of choices and the staff is very helpful with explanations. We always enjoy the food here and have introduced several of our friends to it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/6/2014will follow by more. Our party of four all loved our meals.
- Great Food!tabletraveler56Dined on 1/3/2014My wife and I both really enjoyed the food, and the service was polite and efficient. The ceviche was outstanding, the duck thai curry was fantastic, and the sushi was fresh. Our only deduction with the service was a language barrier with our server. I had some compliments and questions regarding our food, and although apologetic, our server was unable to understand or answer me. This was only a slight disappointment, and the food and timeliness more than made up for it. We'll certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just ok but very expensiveVIPReviewerVIPDined on 1/1/2014We live here full time in Bonita. This was our first trip there. Everything was just ok. We liked it but there prices will prevent us from going back. It is significantly more expensive than our usual sushi Thai .
- FabulousCinfullyDeliciousVIPDined on 12/27/2013The food was great, service was excellent (we had 12 people) and they even allowed us to do separate checks. I would definitely go here again. Very conveniently located right on Bonita Beach Road in the Publix Shopping Center which also means plenty of parking!Special Features:
- Food was good when it finallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2013Food was good when it finally arrived an hour after it was ordered. Not a good thing with 3 small chlidren in party. We had a reservation and were exactly on time, but it didn't seem to matter.
- JewelNewResidentDined on 12/14/2013We are from DC where there are many good Thai and sushi restaurants. The food here is fantastic with a big menu -- Thai, Peruvian, sushi, etc. Naples location tucked in a shopping mall but nevertheless has great food and great service. Can't wait to go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kommon Thai on Bonita Beach Rddrdms1VIPDined on 11/22/2013I really enjoyed my first dining experience at the original Komoon Thai. At the new location on Bonita Beach Rd I think the food needs to step up its game. The sweet & sour lacked vegetables and, to the restaurant's defense, the dish came exactly as it was described. However, many restaurants add vegetables that aren't listed not the menu. But, the dish's ingredients were sparse. The stir fry looked so much more plentiful and satisfying; as was the review given to it by my dining companion. Overall, Kommon Thai is good and has a wonderful variety of dishes to please every diner. I will go back but will order something other than the sweet & sour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2013We were looking for a restaurant with enough variety for us and friends. The combination of Thai, Sushi, and Ceviche was hard to pass up. I had ceviche; it was authentic and spicy. The corn nuts were especially tasty. A friend had a Thai curry and was impressed by it. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Service TBD1NCSUloverDined on 10/19/2013Raw fish is the safest thing I can eat due to food allergies and Komoon did not disappoint. The fish was quite fresh and the ceviche was good. My table mates had no complaints on their orders. However, I have to often order "custom" items due to my allergies. When ordering sushi, that generally means just plain fish and no sauces. Unfortunately, my order came out as it is on the menu. I had to re-order. My tablemates agreed to cancel one of their orders so that the food would not go to waste. I was disappointed that the restaurant did nothing to make up for their mistake. In fact, they passed the mistake on to our table and charged us for the item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placedearrlydepravedDined on 10/6/2013My family stopped through here on vacation. The atmosphere is chic but not "trying to hard", the food is good- who knew peruvian and sushi would be such a good mix?! Staff is helpful though not outstanding. The food was fresh and the lunch specials were great food at a reasonable price. Definitely check them out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for ceviche andJpnpDined on 9/14/2013Great place for ceviche and sushi! We want to back to try the Peruvian and Thai entrees.Special Features:
- Average FoodMonicaVIPDined on 9/6/2013Disappointing -- especially considering how superb Home Thai Sushi had been.