45 West Thomas Place
Beaver Creek, CO 81620Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hookedbc.com/
- Phone: 9709494321x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Riley Romanin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hooked
Hooked is an American Seafood House serving the freshest fish in an eclectic collection of hot and cold dishes.The amazing food and exciting ambience creates memories forever. Get Hooked!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hooked reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fresh fish daily & kind to vegansBetsyDined on 8/25/2014Fun restaurant with a very hospitable owner, Riley! Three of our group raved about the raw oysters, fried calamari, and sushi. Our vegan was happy with all veggie California roll, and a tomato roasted with a luscious garlic topping. Wine list is nice. Guys drank a Flowers Chardonnay and Gals drank Dom Perignon. Both glorious bottles. Mike was such a caring server. Very nice and happy ambiance. We're locals and will definitely return!Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 8/22/2014The menu is extensive and therefore it is hard to decide. Great dinner and delicious! Menu not friendly, too much information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous conceptunderwhelmedVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great menu, great service, great vibe. The food was so well prepared, fresh, great flavors. A great concept for fish place unexpected in a mountain town in Colorado but it's here so a must visit.Special Features:
- fresh, creative, friendlyBusinessTraveler2VIPDined on 8/19/2014They lived up to what we had heard. Good to know they have a daily fresh fish delivery flown in from their buyer in Japan, an important attention to freshness with creative taste combinations. Their "hooked" roll was one of he best we have ever had - anywhere. The maple whipped cream dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries was awesome - and they shared the recipe (told you hey were nice). They offer several whole fish and will cook it any of 7 different ways. We stuck with a traditional lemon and buerrre-blanc pan seared version, the sauce was out if this world, although one side of the fish was a little over done (trying to find something negative to be balanced), it was expertly filleted. Attentive, friendly service. Will be back!Special Features:
- temujinDined on 8/16/2014OK place with fresh fish available in a mountain resort. Quality of preparation far below what is available in Denver or other larger places. At a mountain resort perhaps it's best to stick with meat or pizza restaurants!
- Fish at it's bestspiegDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful experience. Different preparation for the fish and available choices were many. You choose the fish and how to prepare it from a list of suggestions. Different sushi rolls which were very taste. Highly recommend it if you want fish. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Small place make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKittieDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has wonderful intimate ambience. The food was wonderful and very fresh. The waitperson was very knowledgeable and helpful; he answered all our questions. The food was served quickly. A very special dinner.Special Features:
- Much more than just sushi...longhornowlDined on 7/18/2014Hooked is the combination of a sushi bar and a fishmonger's shop. It's the best sushi in the Beaver Creek area. Highly recommended! Get reservations in the high season or you will be turned away. The space is cramped and limited. If you are uncomfortable in a hot space, DO NOT sit to the right side of the sushi bar; the refrigerator coils from the bar will blow hot air on you and for a 50+ year old woman, in my case, it is UNBEARABLE!!!Special Features:
- The freshest seafood! Fun place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014New and different preparations, delicious, a must do for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous diningPhoenixVisitorDined on 7/1/2014Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Food was incredible in both presentation and preparation. Loved my dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tables too close and smallHookandlineDined on 6/27/2014Food was wonderful, and the staff was great. There isn't a "romantic" table anywhere or a table for private conversation. Otherwise, go for it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals ever.DMPDDined on 6/19/2014Seriously, one of the best meals we've ever had. Ask for their specialty, which is taking one whole fish (in our case it was a Kampachi which is the same as an Amberjack). We let the chefs decide how to prepare it for sushi, sashimi, and cooked. They prepared it twelve different ways including 4 different cooked versions. Ask for real wasabi, they have it, and it's worth it.Special Features:
- Beaver Creek RestaurantblondiDined on 5/30/2014Hooked is a wonderful addition to the Beaver Creek area. The food is "divine", the service so very friendly and informative, the atmosphere casual and warm, an overall "gem" with fabulous fish and seafood among other entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Hooked reviews archive.
- We were HookedKLoCigDined on 4/11/2014From the moment we walked into Hooked our experience was superb. Hostess, Bartender, Waiter, and Chef were great. Loved every single moment of our evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeFatDaddyVIPDined on 3/29/2014The most creative restaurant in Beaver Creek. Food was diverse and good. Service was solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnnyVIPDined on 3/26/2014One of our new favorites in Beaver Creek! Totally fresh, awesome sommelier, and cool ambiance. We'll be back.
- Whine...wineDeanieDined on 3/25/2014It's one thing if you want to drop a fortune on wine...but it's another when there are no other choices. Each wine my husband picked...they were out of...except the most expensive on the menu...what?Special Features:
- Outstanding!NatiDined on 3/24/2014Every bite if food was outstanding ! The signature whole fish presentation is one of a kind as the service was fantastic. This is truly a gem of a restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most memorable mealsCodfishVIPDined on 3/21/2014There are restaurants and there are memorable restaurants. Everything at hooked that we had was incredible and the service was superb. Hooked is a Colorado gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this. WorldCodfishVIPDined on 3/11/2014Simply delightful seafood restaurant in every way. Nothing like it anyway. If you like food adventures Riley and his staff will delight you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tries Too Hard!NickJardineDined on 3/6/2014The menu is extensive and everyone found something to satisfy their fishy desires (I went for the simple fish & chips not being into the more extreme end of the sea food market. We were however dissapointed with the choice of drinks available. The wine list is a tad pretentious and the prices far too high - why not offer some reasonably priced house wines for those people who don't want to spend a fortune on a simple bottle to accompany their meal? I was the designated driver so opted for a ginger beer but I was surprised when everyone else simply opted for water!
- Bad service.JennyDined on 3/6/2014I am not someone who expects a lot.... But charging for a slice of bread with no butter for a child? Really? Not having a fork for the mussels ? Very shoddy service and the food was good but not great.
- Fun, New, DIfferentBigCfromBigDDined on 3/4/2014Not sure how new Hooked is on the BC scene, but it is different. Not the same old resort style place. The food is primarily fresh fish, which seem a bit odd over a thousand miles from the sea. However, the get fresh fish 6 times daily and then cook them however you wish. Their signature is the whole fish which can be cooked to your specifics. However, a fish monger will suggest what is best based on the type of fish. They also do a "Hot & Raw" which is half the fish sushmi style and the other half flash fried. As a lover of sushi we tried it that way and it was excellent. The Dynamite Shrimp Nachos were also spectacular although hard to each as a true nacho. If you like fish, want something different, give Hooked a call and give it a try!Special Features:
- A little pricey for the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014A little pricey for the ambiance but it is Beaver Creek. The food is great, the people are too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, slow, small portionsBethDined on 2/22/2014The hostess had her hands full. For a busy night they should have scheduled another host. We had a 7:15 reservation and were seated at 7:40. Another couple had a 7:30 and were still waiting at 8:20!! It felt like forever for our waitress to finally greet us. She was brusque and offered no warm welcome or apology for taking so long to get to us. She just launched in with " what do you want to drink?" Our drink order did not arrive for another 15 minutes. Again, no apology. We asked about the menu and and she sort of shrugged and told us 2 items that were popular. We placed our order and when the food finally came she forgot to bring our appetizer. The food was ok. Our bill was pretty expensive for the lousy, slow service and just so-so food.
- Innovative and fun!PotterygirlDined on 2/19/2014Great concept, fun to pick a fish and a preparation and then wait to see what comes out of the kitchen! Very innovative. Desserts are unusual too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many "bests" here!JulielynDined on 2/19/2014Smooth Moscow Mule with sake and ginger cream on top was the best I've ever had. The Hooked rolls with lobster and shaved truffle was so intensely flavorful. Another "best". That's all I ate, so I can't wait to go back and try more. My hubby loved all the bits in his fish tacos, and for him to notice is shocking! It's such an improvement over the prior establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitHoppyVIPDined on 2/16/2014We took another couple for lunch at Hooked and none of us was disappointed. We shared several appetizers, all of which were just wonderful! The 3 tuna tartars were awesome and the shrimp nachos were incredible. Our friends enjoyed fish tacos and sushi rolls which they raved over. Wine selection was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are "hooked!"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014We loved this bustling restaurant! They need to expand as it's small and very popular. Our family liked watching the Olympics on the flat screen televisions while dining. Beware, as it's very pricey. Our only complaint. Food is a la carte and not reasonable. The dishes are unique and tasty, but portions are small. Ugh. Loved the Krimpster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealDaveDined on 2/13/2014Third time here and just as good as the first two, if not better. The Matrix rolls have ruined me as I will never get anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste sensation!PRLandLamboDined on 2/11/2014This was out first visit to Hooked and we are hooked! Absolutely delectable tasting sashimi and sushi rolls prepared with flair and finesse. Obviously being a sushi restaurant in Beaver Creek, one can expect elevated prices and that certainly is true for Hooked, but in the end we didn't feel as if we got shorted on taste compared to the expense of the dinner. Service was attentive and personnable, which is always appreciated. We'd look to return on a future Beaver Creek excursion.Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fish choicesoppyDined on 2/7/2014Excellent selection of fresh whole fish, beautifully presented and prepared to perfection, both cooked and raw. Staff was friendly and well informed about food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea World ComplexityTonyVIPDined on 2/6/2014A menu almost too complex to be explained. The waitress tried and still we were left with half a dozen questions before we could place our order. You need to get in and out in under two hours or you charged for parking. Seafood fillets of kampichi came to the table on cold plates and plunged to room temperature in nothing flat. If I want cold fish, I'll eat tuna out of a can. Despite all the fanfare the food was very ordinary (and very expensive) and the whole feel was way too fussy despite the decidedly casual and cramped environment. I don't think we'll be going back.
- Great Fish SpotLebocarmanVIPDined on 2/5/2014Excellent location in the Beaver Creek Village for Sushi and Large Fresh Fish choices that they offer about 20 various Cooking recipes for.Special Features:
- New findVailDined on 1/30/2014First time here. Food was delicious and some unique dishes like the whole fish done as sushimi and flash fried. Salmon pasta was great too. A bit noisy and small but we'd go again, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the fresh catchVailSkierDined on 1/30/2014When you order a whole fish (for two or more persons), they prepare half of it sashimi style and the other half flash fried and you eat the flesh off of the bone with chopsticks! Had real "foodie" friends from New York, and they were thrilled! Fun, different, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got us " hook, line & sinker "NYGiants1Dined on 1/29/2014Learn from our experience. Ask what the MP is ! My friend wanted a steak. The waiter offered a 23oz. Or 24oz. ribeye. ( 23 or 24 ? ) Strange. He went for the 24oz. Tasty, even though it was not a ribeye. The real kicker, we were charged $134 !!!Special Features:
- good food, but they need toPeteVIPDined on 1/24/2014good food, but they need to have Japanese beer to go with the SushiSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food We had theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2014Excellent Food We had the chef's tasting menu and each course brought a new taste as great as the course before. We have dined at Hooked one previous time and had the half and half sashimi and flash fried fresh fish combo which was marvelous. We absolutely recommend this restaurant and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Beav gets a cool spot, but.....VolklLocalVIPDined on 1/11/2014On the surface, Hooked looked great. Truth is it boils down to only one main issue for me.....way too expensive for what you get. You want to charge over the top Beaver Creek prices? Then at least offer a decent sized portion. The quality of the food was pretty good, just not enough of it given the price. Entree pricing for tapas plates.Special Features: