Hau Tree Lanai
2863 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Hau Tree Lanai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kaimana.com/dining.htm
- Phone: (808) 921-7066
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45pm - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rene Caba
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Private Dining Room overlooks the Pacific Ocean, has spectacular sunset views and accommodates parties of 20 to 80 guests. For more information visit our website at kaimana.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the San Souci Room, which features perfect ocean Views. It can accommodate up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Teruya 8089217067x
- Entertainment: We feature a live guitarist on weekends.
A word from Hau Tree Lanai
This shimmering jewel of a restaurant was awarded Honolulu Magazine's and Hale Aina "Top Write In" (people's choice) award for for Best Brunch in 2013, OpenTable Best View in 2013, Hale Aina Gold Medal for Best Outdoor Dining in 2010, and Hale Aina award Silver Medal for Best Restaurant to Take Out of Town Guests in 2009. Set on the quiet side of Waikiki beach, it offers stunning unobstructed Ocean views and breathtaking romantic sunsets. We offer casual, elegant dining in a purely peaceful and idyllic setting. We offer fresh seafood of Mahi Mahi, Opakapaka, and Ahi Tuna prepared in 5 different styles as well as Harris Ranch all natural beef for guests desiring Filet Mignon, New York, Rib Eye Steak, or Colorado Lamb Chops. The wine list is friendly, reasonably priced and personal help in pairing the food and wine is available. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
Hau Tree Lanai - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Hau Tree Lanai reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (151)great for outdoor dining (127)romantic (101)special occasion (95)great for brunch (87)fit for foodies (59)great for lunch (55)neighborhood gem (37)kid-friendly (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Evening at Hau TreegeriDined on 11/25/2014Our party of six adults thoroughly enjoyed Hau Tree. It is one of the few places on the island that reminds us of "old Hawaii". It is a lovely place to relax and you are almost dining on the beach! Highly recommend a visit to the Hau Tree Lanai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Breakfast as a Special OccasionBearOahuDined on 11/20/2014Old world charm in a beautiful setting. I am always impressed by the food and service. My favorite breakfast spot for out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh Fish on the BeachHawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 11/17/2014We enjoyed our dininig experience at the Hau Tree as the food was excellent and the view and atmosphere is outstanding. I had the opakapaka with lemon caper sauce and it was very good. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of WaikikimauigirlDined on 11/17/2014Breathtaking views of Waikiki Beach! Their Mimosas are the best anywhere with a little froth on top..yummylicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 全体としてOKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014お料理も雰囲気も全体としてOKでした ひとつあれ？っと思ったのがパンケーキのクリームが溶けかかってたいた事 お皿が暑いものを使われていたのを加味しても、きっとロブスターのベネディクトと一緒にサーブしたかったんだろうな？と思いました。 そこが唯一で、一番残念なことです。 非情に忙しいレストランなので、予約必須です。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014It's a very good rocation and nice food, we are very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastshinDined on 11/15/2014It was first time to visit there. Also Hawaii. It made us great memory. I'll be back again definitely! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High on our special dining list on Waikiki...lacike99Dined on 11/13/2014We have had lunch here several times before, back in Jim Nabors time, and always found the ambience and the quality of the food to be first rate. We now have switched from La Mer at the Halekulani to Hau Tree Lanai as our special dinner dining experience! It may not be quite as formal or the service not quite as exclusive, but at about half the price, it is Waikiki's new dining gem for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmcbobbyVIPDined on 11/13/2014This place never disappoints. One of the best views in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Hau TreeRunningManDined on 11/11/2014The dining area of the restaurant had a beautiful hau tree that provide privacy and beautiful scenery. The restaurant is located right on the beach. If you are sitting by retaining wall, be prepared to have beach goers right next to you. We had brunch, the eggs benedict was good, but the hamburger was overcooked and tasteless. Overall, the scenery and the location won out. It was a nice peaceful spot to have lunch.Special Features:
- jydeguzmDined on 11/11/2014service was ok and food was ok prices aren't bad but your really paying for the great beach viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for out of town guestsTaraspiritDined on 11/9/2014On San Souci Beach embued with old style Hawaiiana. A sense of place with great Benedicts, a memorable Loco Moco, and Fish Burgers. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- edithEdithVIPDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food, we enjoyed the brunch. Both my husband and I had eggs benedict, terrific and thoroughly enjoyed it. The view is great, service is efficient, professional and friendly. The place is a great place to people watch, the view is so relaxing. We love this place, very comfortable and simply amazing. We make it a point to come dine here every time we visit Honolulu.Special Features:
- BreakfastjydeguzmDined on 11/7/2014Good breakfast menu had the continental benedict and the island fried rice with kale pork. The food was ok but the view was great overall not a bad place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Dinner on the BeachHiddenGemsDined on 11/7/2014Lovely beach side, sunset setting, wonderful service, delicious food, live music and a surprise fireworks display in the distance! A great Friday night find!Special Features:
- エッグベネディクトkikiDined on 11/7/2014生まれて初めてエッグベネディクトを食べましたが、最高においしかったです！ 13時からの予約で20分程早めに着いてしまったのですが、すぐに通してくれました。ランチで２日前に予定しましたが、シーサイドの右奥の角の席が空いていたので、そちらに通されました。木の真下の席がいいなぁと思いましたが、少し暗い感じでしたので、明るく食事ができるこの席で良かったです。ゆっくり食事ができましたし、スタッフの方たちが話しかけてくれたり写真を撮ってくれたり、とてもフレンドリーで楽しく過ごせました。 一緒に行った母親は、いたくハンバーガーを気に入った様子でした。 ただ一点、鳩が苦手な方にはオススメしません。食事中もテーブルの下をせわしなく鳩が通り、足に当たったりしますので…。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 美味しいエッグベネディクトh1013Dined on 11/4/2014二度目のハウツリーラナイ。 今回は仲間と五人で訪問。前回は予約せずに行って、その日は入れずに予約だけして再度訪問したので、今回は事前にネット予約して行きました。 良いロケーションと美味しいエッグベネディクトは最高。 ただ、ワイキキ中心のホテルからは少し距離があるのは難点かな。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally....fish cooked perfectlyCountercultureDined on 11/2/2014One of my biggest attractions to Hawaii is the availability of so many wonderful varieties of fish. But so often, it arrives cooked to death. Not here. Beautifully done. A perfect evening.Special Features:
- Romantic settingPaulKenVIPDined on 10/27/2014Beautiful setting with average food with overpriced menu. Seafood entrees are $49.00, but you can get a four curse fixed price menu for $50. Doese not make any sense to me.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Reservation was on time. Nice view of the beach and ocean. Food was excellent. Waiters attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchPasta47VIPDined on 10/26/2014We had an extended layover at the Honolulu airport and decided to make the best of our time. This restaurant had previously been recommended to us by our friends who said that it was great. We took a cab ride in and had the best French toast either one of us had ever enjoyed. Too bad it's so far from San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomebmacdonaldDined on 10/14/2014Mike and staff were great, all staff chipped in. Best filet ever...hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- egg benedictripocDined on 10/13/2014egg Benedict was very delicious. I want to eat it again.Special Features:
- 子供連れにも優しいsachikoDined on 10/11/2014ハウツリーラナイの素敵なテラス席を楽しみに日本から予約を入れて行きました。希望通りの眺めの素敵な席に案内されましたが、席の周りを何羽かの鳩がおこぼれを貰おうと歩き廻っていました。我が家の子供達はあいにく鳥が苦手で怖がり泣き出してしまいました。他のお客様にも迷惑かと思い、注文前にキャンセルを申し出た所、せっかくいらしたからとBARエリアの席へと移して頂けました。その後も何度か子供達の様子を心配してもらい、ゆったりと食事をする事が出来ました。味はもちろんの事サービスも素晴らしかったです。Special Features:
- Egg Benedictyuzuponzu0527Dined on 10/5/2014Hau Tree Lanai is the one of the best Restaurants to have a Egg benedict. We enjoy the atomosphere of this restaurant as well! we would love to come back again in my next trip to Hawaii!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite local Waikiki dining spotvinnieDined on 10/4/2014This is THE place to go for the best cosmopolitan (and Japanese) food in town. Best on-the-beach dining and the view hasn't changed in 50 years! Breakfast is special, and lunch is also good. But the most romantic and tropical ambiance is sunset dinner! Don't miss it. The fresh local fish is a must have and prepared your choice of 4 ways . A tad on the expensive side but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor diningLachyJnesDined on 10/4/2014We visited the Hau Tree Lanai on our honeymoon following a recommendation from a local. The setting right on the beach was beautiful, we'd hoped to watch the sunset but clouds prevented this happening- it didn't spoil our experience. We were given bread & an amuse bouche before dinner which was a lovely touch. The menu offered a great range of local fish cooked in a variety of ways plus meat options. The filet mignon was melt in the mouth! We are only sad that we can't afford to eat there every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for brunchk130525yDined on 10/4/2014I went there to eat egg benedict which is well known in Japan. It was great due to the place close to the beach and diamond head. And also the food was as so delicious as I have neer eaten before. I'd like to go when I visit Hawaii again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fan for many yearskonaDined on 10/3/2014Just rediscovered this gem for my daughter's 21st. The fare is excellent. the staff very pleasant. I wish they would trim back the Banyan overhang to the beach just a little.Special Features:
- Hau TreefoodiefestDined on 10/2/2014Lovely at sunset and then -- once dark it is the same as being indoors with respect to the view. That said -- you can still hear the ocean waves crashing and the air is ocean balmy. Wonderful service and very good menu recommendations from our server, William.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingJCMEDMHavertownPADined on 10/2/2014Came here with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries...the most beautiful setting under the old hau tree, on the beach and the gorgeous sunset. Our server was so attentive...delicious food and most memorable evening. The owner came over to us and made us feel so welcomed. It was the restaurants 50th aniiversary. This was an occasion we'll never forget. Make the Hau Tree a place for your next special meal in Honolulu.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurantMickeyDDined on 9/28/2014Our favorite restaurant for special occasions and entertaining out-of town guests. Great view, menu, and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Semper Superb!CDevineDined on 9/27/2014This spot is a favorite of both my wife and I, and we usually visit once every 4-5 months on a random date-night. Hau Tree is simply one of the finest dining experiences in Oahu and the food never disappoints, especially the fresh, local fish entrees. However, this past visit I broke my norm and decided on the lamb chops....OMG, the best I have ever had bar none. Great Service and one of the best sunset views on island.Special Features:
- Best restaurant!!!mikiDined on 9/27/2014It was the first visit this time. It arrived in Honolulu from Japan and visited here with my boyfriend immediately. That Waiters met to FRIENDLY first has moved. Moreover, the taste of important egg Benedict is also the highest! It was worrisome that only one point and a lovely pigeon ride on a table. Moreover, I think that I will visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I love itSpecial Features:
- great eggs benedictEriquitaDined on 9/26/2014I ordered eggs benedict and acai bowl. Eggs benedict was really good! Acai bowl was not so sweet. If you go there, you should request beach side table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining under the treesOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/25/2014We had an enjoyable evening but due to the Japanese wedding party we were a little overlooked. When I booked I told them we were celebrating our 40th anniversary but they never acknowledged it. Pricey and ok food.Special Features:
- AmazingAlohaJudeDined on 9/22/2014Fantastic venue, impeccable friendly service. Food was delicious Could not fault it at all. The best breakfast on the Island. Looking now to book a dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MASAHIRODined on 9/20/2014家族４人で、遅めの朝食に行きました。エッグベネディクトとオレンジジュースを注文しました。 スタッフのサービスも良く、店内の気軽な雰囲気、値段、味も満足しました。 また、行きたいと思います。Special Features:
- 朝食で利用しました。PORORODined on 9/20/2014雰囲気も良く、満足しました。ハーフベネディクトを注文しましたが、量も丁度よく、美味しくいただきました。また利用したいです。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.