808 Bienville St.
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gwfins.com/
- Phone: 5045813467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tenney Flynn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining up to 28 people - restaurant available for buyouts.
A word from GW Fins
Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
GW Fins - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
GW Fins reviews from OpenTable diners
598 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (424)special occasion (419)romantic (298)notable wine list (209)good for groups (190)neighborhood gem (156)hot spot (146)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (17)scenic view (14)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- "Fast Food"charlieVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food was great and the service friendly but unfortunatel the pace of the service was very rushed. Yes they are popular, yes they have people waiting to get a table, but that is not a good reason for a place that serves great food to serve it at a "McDonalds" pace. Our 7 PM reservation had us seated by 7:15. Our dessert, the third course, was being served 30 minutes later. We did not realise when we ordered our pre-dinner cocktils and food at the same time that the cocktails would show up at the end of the apetizer course. I thought this was the "Big Easy", slow down and let people enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- Will revisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great atmosphere great food great and a great and knowledgable service! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2014We dined here a second time in a week - equally excellent as the first! Waiter's recommendations superb - high recommended.Special Features:
- Best Food and Service Ever!DonnaLDined on 10/27/2014We dined at GW Fins last evening and we thought the food, service and the ambiance was outstanding! Our waiter Marlin was just the right amount of attentive and he was so kind and friendly we felt we had made a friend. We can't wait to come back to New Orleans to dine here again. Simply the Best! Our reservations made on Open Table were ready when we arrived and we had a wonderful table. Great experience, we can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PERFECT EVENINGmjjloveseajDined on 10/27/2014Celebrated my 25th anniversary here- of all the NOLA restaurants I chose GW's and it was a homerun! The special touches they offered made our night. Oliver our server was informative- polite and displayed excellent table side manner. I started with Lobster dumplings that seemed to melt in your mouth then had the red snapper (Oliver's Recommendation)- EXCELLENT- if there was anything that might not qualify for excellent it was the apple pie which was still very good but seemed fried?? never felt rushed and sat in a romantic booth for two on the upper level- stayed only three days- if I stayed a fourth probably would have gone back- it stood out that much!Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014We dined at GW Finns for our wedding anniversary. Everything was excellent. GW Finns is in my top 5 restaurants I would definitely dine at again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood lover's delightMy2senseDined on 10/27/2014The menu has token nods to terrestrial food, but the focus here is on fresh seafood. The menus are printed daily and are designed based on what quality ingredients are available. A large assortment of fish options live up to the Fins name, but the house specialty, Scalibut, tempts the first-time visitor. During our visit we enjoyed the biscuits, crab-cake appetizer, Tri-wedge Salad, Scalibut, and acorn squash side. For dessert we skipped the classic individual apple pies and had the chocolate mousse and the bread pudding. A wide range of drinks are available and won't disappoint. Everything was great, especially the crab cake and the Scalibut. The service is attentive and the price is reasonable. Five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014Nothing but good to say about this fine dining experience ...... Excellent food ..excellent service
- Fun time at GW FinsDisgustingVIPDined on 10/27/2014Had the Lobster Dumplings and they were outstanding. Also had the scallops and they were okay, nothing special and rather bland.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Great food, great service. The perfect venue for a special birthday celebration.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Went here on a visit to New Orleans to celebrate birthday. Noisy, had to wait for reserved table. Biggest disappointment was the food. Scallops were overcooked and tasteless. Both mushroom and lobster risotto tasted like spackle paste. Salad overdressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We ordered the lobster dumplings and the scallibut which was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Thank you GW Fins for a memorable anniversary experience that we will never forget!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter Marlon was great, very friendly knowledgeable and atentative without being over bearing. His recommendations were excellent. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I chose these restaurant based on reviews, and it was a great decision. The food was excellent and the service was good. My Red Snapper was perfect and my wife chose the gumbo and a crab cake appetizer. We also enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine with our meal. Overall, it was the perfect experience for a romantic weekend in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014This restaurant was recommended initially by someone who was from New Orleans and is now living in our home state of Maryland We ate in several restaurants during our stay in New Orleans, and without a doubt, GW Fins was by far OUTSTANDING!! From the hostess who sat us at our table, all of the wait staff, the ambiance, the food....I could go on and on...EVERYTHING was FIRST CLASS!! And the prices were definitely reasonable for the quality we received. I would not hesitate to recommend GW Finns. It was truly a GREAT FIND!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for New Orlean's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014And I think we found it. The food was excellent and the service impeccable. For a first time visit how could you order anything but the Scalibuit, Halibut, Sea Scallops, sugar snap peas, lobster risotto, and pea shoot butter. The Halibut was cooked to perfection, the scallops were well seared and the Lobster Risotto was rich and creamy with good lobster flavor. The main dinning room is quite large and understandably noisy. We were lucky to be seated in a much smaller adjacent room where the noise was not nearly so bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fantastic serviceLasTuristasDined on 10/23/2014GW Fin was recommended to us by a local...and she wasn't wrong. We had a delightful experience, with good food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.jndfranDined on 10/22/2014Great food, atomsphere and service. Loved the lion fish cerviche and snapper. The white chocolate bread pudding was heavenly. Our server, Tabitha, was wonderful. Would do it all again in a hearbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurant in New Orleans!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014We had an excellent meal at GW Fins! Everything was first rate - it was the best restaurant meal we've had in years.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014Menu changes daily with a few specialties - Parmesan crusted Drum fish was amazing - our server John V made the experience! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014definetly make a reservation if you can get one. bartenders were very friendly and welcoming. craft cocktails tasted great. the dining room was beautiful. hostess refreshigly smiley and courteous when we checked in. this is not your typical tourist driven french quarter restaurant. this restauarant is for locals so please dress appropriately. the food was amazing seafood driven, fresh, and creative with a hint of cajun influence. lobster ravioli was a stand out. i have already recommended this restauarant to many professionals travellng to new orleans. dont come in wearing plastic beads and carrying a grenade drink.Special Features:
- Great Menu and Servicebojangles1austinDined on 10/20/2014This was a restaurant recommended by a family member and it lived up to its reputation very well. Our server, Fallon, was extremely knowledgable and described all the choices so very well that we were all (four) able to choose our courses with minimal questioning. The food was very well prepared/delicious and the service continued to be outstanding throughout the meal. The choices were so diverse and all sounded so good that we shall definitely return here the next time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!SuperbDined on 10/20/2014First visit - wonderful biscuits - lobster dumplings were "to die for". Three of us eating - each ordered a different entree. Three wedge salad was perfect for us - all three wedges had different toppings and dressings, so we each chose one wedge! Their house specialty, Scalibut was superb! Also enjoyed the Parmesan crusted sheephead. The grouper entree was the least favorite of the three. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lobster dumplingsKzioloDined on 10/20/2014If nothing else, get the lobster dumplings! Everything else we had was wonderful too! I'm always a sucker for the special so we were super happy with the barracuda as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in New OrleansRoadtripVIPDined on 10/19/2014I had studied restaurants on open table and other reviews and made this reservation 6-8 weeks ago and we were not disappointed! We arrive early to a bustling bar and restaurant so we went across the street for a drink. Me came back ten minutes before our 8:00 reservatioins and enjoyed a drink at the bar and were seated exactly at 8:00. The place was packed and our server was WONDERFUL! He was attentive and helpful the entire time. The lobster ravioli was a wonderful appetizer. The Iceberg lettuce trio salad was amazing! The grouper and redfish so good. Prices seemed very reasonable to us. Recommended to strangers we met around the city. We enjoyed our next nights dining as well but this was tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sciguyluvs2eatDined on 10/19/2014The food was outstanding! Loved the hot biscuits that were brought to the table. My wife and I both had fish, which was prepared perfectly. Our waiter was very attentive and carefully explained the menu items and the food preparation. We had a wonderful experience. We would definately return!Special Features:
- Happy in NOLALovenewplacesDined on 10/18/2014After eating heavy, fried foods in calorie rich sauces in other New Orleans restaurants, CW Fins was a welcomed breath of fresh air. The menu was what tempted us to secure a reservation and it did not disappoint! All four of us raved about the unique, masterfully executed fare, from appetizers through entrees and crowned by dessert and after dinner drinks. The wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive...all that you could ask for. The restaurant's ambiance felt warmly intimate despite its open floor plan. The decor was well appointed. We rank our experience here as one of the top 10 meals of our restaurant dining experiences!Special Features:
- Great accommodation !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I made a mistake in the time I entered on my opentable app. I did not realize I had entered military time of 17:00 thinking I was entering 7:00 PM. I realized my mistake at 3:00 and called the restaurant. GWFins was awesome to accommodate us on a busy night. They took us at 7:00 and we had a great meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014We recently went to New Orleans and GW Fins was on our list to try. The restaurant itself was beautiful, great design and decor. The food was amazing and the service was out of this world. We had multiple servers and each one was better than the next. They really made the meal!!! We had a great night and an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- tifzDined on 10/18/2014Great food! Fabulous appetizers, delicious fresh fish meal! But, I"m still dreaming about the dessert!Special Features:
- in a word...rickyVIPDined on 10/17/2014SUPERB! my husband and i are uber critical but i can't make one negative comment about this restaurant. from beginning to end, it was a great experience. if you go, please have the yellowtail tartare appetizer; it was incredible! the biscuits are wonderful. the service is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Outstanding!WineAndDineMeDined on 10/17/2014The food was amazing. Salads, vegetable sides, BBQ shrimp - it was all delicious. The staff was attentive, helpful and personable. This is one of New Orleans' best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food here is great - every time I have been here. It is unique and changes based on what is fresh and in season. Service is usually great. At times they seem overwhelmed, especially on busy weekend nights. That said, I would never hesitate to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Love this place Always a favorite when in New OrleansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLoPaDined on 10/17/2014Top notch food for each course. there's a reason why the lobster dumplings are famous...they are excellent. red snapper was a perfectly crafted symphony of flavors. Salty Malty ice cream pie topped it all off perfectly. Marlon D is outstanding wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expensive as I expected.RobkressDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is rated $$$. And it is but it didn't cost as much for our dinner as it could have. The wife and I spent $100 for 2 starters, 2 drinks, and 2 entrées. It has everything that you would expect, good service and great food. But we felt like we were treated to a higher level of service than we were paying for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAll4FOODDined on 10/16/2014One word that can describe this dining experience. Quickly becoming one of my New Orleans favorites. The food or the service will not disappoint. My wife and I gave eaten here several times and it is always the level of quality. We look forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and disappointingStevefuzzyVIPDined on 10/16/2014While the fish seemed fresh enough, the dishes were surprisingly bland for such a highly rated restaurant. The chef does not seem to know his way around a salt and paper shaker, much less more exotic spices. While not bad, everything we had was basically just adequate. More On par with the Bonefish Grill than with a fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in New OrleansDiner7766Dined on 10/16/2014One of my top five meals ever!service and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.