5020 W 137th St
Leawood, KS 66224Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gaslightgrill.com/
- Phone: 9138973540x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tues: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00 - 10:00 Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Breakfast or Lunch for Groups: Monday through Sunday. We are a full service banquet facility open for groups of 20 or more for Breakfast or Lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thom Zoog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining rooms for all groups, business meetings, wedding receptions. rehearsal dinners, graduations, family reunions. Call or email us for personalized event planning.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music Wednesday - Sunday from 6:30pm - 9:30pm (Friday and Saturday band plays until 10:30pm)
- Special Events: Receptions. Anniversaries. Business Meeting. Reunions. Graduations. For parties large and small - The Gaslight Grill can make your special event the one everyone remembers. We open for breakfast and lunch gatherings with a minimum of 20 people.
A word from Gaslight Grill
World-Class Fine Dining and World-Class Live Entertainment in casual elegance. No pretensions, just elegant food and wine in a comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy our classic American cuisine, served with an European flair in our main dining room, out on the patio or while listening to live jazz in the Back Room with Lynn Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We serve Aged Black Angus and Prime Steaks, Flight Fresh Seafood, and many Chef Jeremy inspired culinary creations daily. Full bar service and Happy Hour discounts daily. Private dining rooms and banquet rooms for large or intimate gatherings. Choose from more than 200 wines from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Gaslight Grill - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Gaslight Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)romantic (106)good for groups (90)notable wine list (76)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (73)great for brunch (59)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (22)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (17)late-night find (16)great for lunch (14)scenic view (5)Show More
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding, David, our waiter was most helpful in answering all of our questions and making a recommendation on the salad dressing for the cranberry almond salad, reservation timely, no waiting, very friendly, cordial staff just a wonderful experience to share with my out of town quests.meeting Dick Hawk a plus. Most eating establishments do not take time to mingle with clients. Sometimes the music a little too loud but very nice music. Would like to know the name of the vinegarette dressing used on the cranberry almond dressing --- outstanding. Will definitely be back. Thank you so so much!!!! Everybody raved on your excellent food. Eloise HultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I dined there for our wedding anniversary after I had been recommended by a friend and man, did it impress both of us! The food was outstanding (some of the best steak I've had in a while) and the atmosphere was set perfect. We thought the price of the food and drink was well worth it and you certainly won't leave hungry. Loved the live band and host. Definitely on my top list of fine dining establishments. Great venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014excellent food & service, convenient location and adequate parkingSpecial Features:
- great happy hourDannyVIPDined on 9/23/2014$5 drinks and apps, what a deal! martinis, wine, shrimp, calamari and flat breads, etc all very good, plus watch the gameSpecial Features:
- Love Gaslight GrillHappydinerDined on 9/22/2014We eat dinner at Gaslight Grill about once a month and always have a wonderful time. The food and service are excellent in the dining room, Jazz room, and happy hour bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhousefoodie2011Dined on 9/22/2014The Gaslight Grill has gotten the steakhouse tradition down pat. Their steak was flavorful and delicious, and their service excellent. Even the loaded baked potato was far better than the usual. A definite find and well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great EnvironmentSSHunterDined on 9/21/2014When I reserved our table I didn't know it was going to be "private" dinning. They put us in a room to ourselves. The food was ok for a buffet (food could have been a little warmer and I am not a big fan of powdered eggs). The selection for my family was great. A little bit of everything for all of them. I am looking forward to trying dinner sometime (Prime Rib is one of my favs).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityLstwrdDined on 9/20/2014Too much batter on fish. Was supposed to be tempura but tasted like pancake batter.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in South JOCOJoCoPickyEaterDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food service and atmosphere. Have been twice to Gaslight Grill and had great experiences.Special Features:
- Go here for chateau for 2GetMeatDined on 9/19/2014Outstanding food, warm bread, attentive staff and great music. Amazing appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner specials are incredibleKCPJDined on 9/19/2014The Sea Bass with crab topping is worth going back again soon. The bar with happy hour was great fun with specials and appetizers. We will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!HenriettaDined on 9/18/2014My friend thought the ribs were great. I enjoyed the fish and chips. The owner, Dick Hawk, is always so friendly. We really went for the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, Great ExperinceStewDined on 9/14/2014Decided to try this place after seeing ads on TV. The owner makes a point of visiting tables and greeting guests. Very nice touch. Food was good and service excellent. It is so nice to see a professional wait staff who takes their job serious.Special Features:
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food. The prime rib is very good. They have added several dessert options, which were fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice Brunchldn55Dined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed the brunch - the menu offered a lot of variety. There were a few times when various items were out and we had to wait until it was replenished, but overall it was a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Horrible foodBillybanks33Dined on 9/14/2014Food was horrible Food had no taste , no special touch . Taste like it was straight out of the boxSpecial Features:
- flekVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fabulous food as always and service was great too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great but we were seated in the jazz room for dinner and that was not by our request. We perfer to have dinner where we can sit and have coversation. If we want to go into the Jazz room afterwards, we will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice environmentRonLDined on 9/13/2014bar is very nice. Waiter was pleasant and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- flight747Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent. Food was outstanding, Service was excellent, waiter very nice, helpful, a great evening. MBSpecial Features:
- First of many visitsIslandgirlDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit and now our favorite. Our server Brady was very professional and friendly. Our steaks were delicious. Loved the ambiance with the great jazz music playing in the background. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 9/10/2014Had a great time on our anniversary and the Back Room was great w/ the jazz band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The jazz spot to go to in South OPgaslightregularDined on 9/6/2014Great food, check. Great atmosphere, check. Great music from local favorites, check. My wife and I have chosen the Gas Light for several special occasions. Their food portions are full, but not over the top, and the pricing is on par with others in its class. The food selections are not the most creative, but I do not choose to go here to get outside the box. We go for the consistency. The Cajun Chicken is juicy, never over cooked, delicious! Their Jazz Room is the place to dine in my opinion. The lighting is great and they have a dance floor for that extra touch of romance. The sound levels are well tuned. You will not have to yell in conversation in order for people to hear you. Service was good both times we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a supper club from the moviesjwhiteDined on 9/6/2014We took friends to Gaslight Grill last Saturday to experience, not only excellent cuisine with a wide variety of choices, but also the ambience with a table near the jazz combo and access to the dance floor. My partner and I go there often because the music is not earsplitting and is the type that older folks danced to in their youth. You will always find us here on New Year's Eve. Service is excellent, and the owner, Dick Hawk, greets everyone personally. Gaslight Grill is a unique place in a city filled with good restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty PotatoesStrideDined on 9/5/2014In the past, we have always received very good food, but with this most recent visit, the potato puree served with my wife's steak was very salty.Special Features:
- Best Steak in many yearsEagleClawDined on 9/1/2014Myself, wife, son, daughter-in-law and 15 month old grandson – Expected a more-stuffy environment; it was casual and inviting to our liking. My son and I had 10 oz. center-cut filet mignon (MR); cooked to perfection; first-rate cut; not since 1986 in Washington DC have I had a steak that good! PERFECT. Ladies had crusted-salmon; same accolades. All accompanied sides were fantastic as well. Wonderful waiter; support staff – cannot say enough good things. We will return to the Gaslight Grill many times to come. I can still taste the steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food and great wine selection...the waitress was not very attentive and our food took about an hour to come out...too long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SARGDined on 8/31/2014The food was wonderful. The location is excellent.Special Features:
- Jazz notejoy2dineDined on 8/30/2014We decided to try the Back Room with the Jazz band. The music was excellent but sometimes a bit too loud which was distractive and hindered a nice conversation.Special Features:
- High quality steak56lbsDined on 8/30/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Gaslight. The steaks enjoyed by my dinner party(strip, filet, & ribeye) were all excellent flavor and very juicy. Side dish portion size was generous compared to other high end steak houses. Gaslight is a top 5 steakhouse in my opinion for the KC metro area. Service was good; waiter has no issues with getting one steak re-fired which was ordered medium but was delivered medium rare. The jazz music is nice, but you may not want to sit too close to the band if you intend to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Expensive but (mostly) worth itGourmetPreferredDined on 8/30/2014Initially this started off great! Reservation made, we were called to clarify ambiance was desired. Our birthday party of 7 was placed in a private area to allow conversation, but the table was so large it actually inhibited it. Our waiter was wonderful. Service slow tho to be expected for a holiday Sat. evening. Veggies good-crisp green beans, asparagus grilled past al dente. One diner was forced to return steak cooked well NOT med. rare tho. Desserts limited but good as well. Experience was soured by finding that a second groupon would not be honored as implied, however- fine print allowed the use of two for parties over 5, but they would not honor the second 4/$120 as it was for only 3. NO offer to mitigate their unclear communication.Special Features:
- Wonderful again.jandrDined on 8/30/2014Went for a birthday celebration and it was made special. Special thanks to the hostess and Nick, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and shrimpDaddybig78Dined on 8/29/2014Food was horrible and under cooked. They ran out of baby back ribs, we will never go back. This was our 29 th wedding anniversary,
- UsmcDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service. Happy hour prices very good. Will visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had advance reservations.Gr8tJazzDined on 8/28/2014Our table was in a prime location, set and ready for us when we arrived. All in all, treated like "special guests." Owner visits and chats with people at each table.Special Features:
- TeddVIPDined on 8/26/2014The more times we go to the Gaslight Grill the more we appreciate it's high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchEvelinaDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Gaslight Grill since we live in Topeka, KS. The restaurant atmosphere was very elegant. The brunch was set up in a large room which made it easy to go to each setting for food. There was also a large choice of food. The wine and drink selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight Grill - 2nd timeluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014First time we went two years ago everything was great. This time Hostess seated us in an area the waiters had blocked off, as such took 30 minutes and me going to grab a waiter before we got served. Once served the service was good, they comp'd our two appetizers to cover the delay. While they have an extensive wine list they did not have a rather popular wine one if our party wanted, The food was good not great and i don't think worth the price. Jury is out as to whether we will return.Special Features:
- Average at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014After years of hearing add on local media we gave this place a try for a friends birthday. Food was uninspired and average at best. Steaks were ok, but nothing I cannot get a better version of somewhere else. Service and price were good, we al lease had a very professional waiter. Desserts smelles like they spent all day uncovered in the walk in. We wont go back any time soon
- Great foodWPTiffany2Dined on 8/22/2014The food was very good. I had the stuffed grouper which was delicious. The menu selection was varied and it was difficult to choose. Our service was great. Our server was attentive and patient with our questions. My phone battery was about dead and the manager even had it charged for us. We enjoyed our evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.