Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
8490 Melrose Place
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.figandolive.com/
- Phone: 3103609100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday –Friday 12pm – 3pm
Saturday 12pm – 3pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
Monday 6pm to 10pm
Tuesday to Thursday 6pm-10:30pm
Friday to Saturday 5:30pm- 11pm
Bar & Lounge:
Sunday to Thursday 5:30pm-11pm
Friday- Saturday 5:30pm- 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Lorange
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: FIG & OLIVE is coming to you!
Our Customized Catering Menu features many of FIG & OLIVE’S favorite dishes along with many other new and exciting options.
Our Full Service Special Events Team handles every detail – from intimate dinners in your own home to extravagant galas.
Our experienced team of chefs and planners will bring exceptional cuisine and impeccable service every time.
Consider FIG & OLIVE Catering for your next event.
Please inquire for a customized quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Entertainment Live Dj - Wednesday - Friday- Saturday.
- Special Events: This spacious 8,000 square foot venue located in the heart of West Hollywood has become a favorite for media conferences, post-award ceremonies, political and corporate functions, hotel launches, bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, fund raisers, birthdays and anniversaries.
FIG & OLIVE West Hollywood centers around its delicious authentic Mediterranean cuisine from the South of France, Spain and Italy.
This space enables you to host a variety of events including fully booking private events for up 200 to 800 guests.
For more information about Special Events at FIG & OLIVE MELROSE PLACE we invite you to check our website and for a customized quote please email: email@example.com
A word from Fig & Olive - Melrose Place
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the ambiance, coastal cuisine and flavors from the Riviera and Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy, and Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Fig & Olive - Melrose Place reviews from OpenTable diners
534 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (341)special occasion (328)romantic (242)hot spot (221)good for groups (192)neighborhood gem (164)great for lunch (144)notable wine list (120)vibrant bar scene (105)great for brunch (100)great for outdoor dining (51)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (15)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014Very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere with good service.Special Features:
- Meh serviceNotatalossDined on 9/14/2014We ate at the Fig and Olive on 52nd Street in NY last month and enjoyed it. Hoping for the same experience, we went to the Melrose Place site. Relevant to Open Table users, I booked the reservation fewer than two hours before we wanted to dine. There were plenty of times available on Open Table even though this restaurant is supposed to be in demand. For our Open Table reservation, we were seated in the back in a cramped table. There were plenty of other tables in the back, let alone in the front dining area with all the apparently beautiful people; i.e., poseurs. I could have asked to change the table but I wanted to see if the service would mirror the table placement. It certainly did. The service was slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- Surprisingly ExcellentCharmboyDined on 9/14/2014With the Group On Deal, we were expecting to be treated as second class citizens. However the service was impeccable, and each food item was delicious. From the crostini, where all three were great, to a salad and an appetizer where both were large and beautifully prepared, we were happy. The main courses were excellent, and actually came as complete plates, where you did not have to order additional sides. The menu prices were very high however, and if we did not have Group On, the cost would have been astronomical. I give the whole place a giant thumbs up for looks, service, food and pleasant dining, but if I go back without "a deal," we will have to be much more careful in what we order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceWestsidedinerDined on 9/14/2014I expect more when paying $75 per person for brunch. Truffle eggs were oily, my husband's omelette was dry, the buratta was tasteless served with unripe melon. Brunch meals aren't even that complicated!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Finally had a chance to check out what all the hype was about- and it was completely true! Fun scene at the bar, great food, great décor. The crostini's were the best part of the meal. We need to go back to perhaps make an entire meal of crostini's! Wife and I had the chateaubriand for 2, which was amazing. David Gussin is an amazing chef de cuisine. Only (minor) complaint would be the service, which started off great, then when it came time for ordering dessert and subsequently getting the check, our server did a disappearing act. Had to get the floor manager to get our check. It's a common enough occurrence but we didn't expect it here, given how everything else was so spot-on. All-in-all a great culinary experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner started great, appetizers and salad came out quick. Our waiter was on it. We placed our order and then the restaurant got busy. Finally got our food, and every single person in the dinner party's food was luke warm. Our waiter had gone AWOL, and we were headed to a comedy show, so we didn't have the luxury to send the food back. Very disappointing.
- ENJOYABLE MEALMetooVIPDined on 9/13/2014but our Waiter must have been new ... he seemed like a nice guy but he kept disappearing without attending to everyone's needs. Appetizers/Tapas were tasty & artfully presented (all come highly recommended!); Loved some of the Signature Drinks ... As for our entrees Our party savored the tastes of FILET MIGNON, WHITE SEA BASS PAPILLOTE, PAELLA DEL MAR, and FETTUCCINE SHRIMP MASCARPONE all perfectly prepared. Whereas, the crème de la crème, had to be the tantalizing selection of desserts! Our table selected several items to share and needless to say, there were some items where a ‘taste’ was just not satisfying enough; hence another round for some! All in all, this restaurant is Definitely worth your while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ambiance EXELLENT serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014This was our first visit to Fig & Olive and the restaurant met all our expectations. While the hot food came out extremely salty, the staff, location, presentation mood and atmosphere made up for it. I think there was a small problem in the kitchen but that won't deter me from coming back again. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better forget!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Really unpleasent food and unsatisfactory service. We went to fig and olive new york last week and it was outstanding. So we tried LA one week later on our USA journey, but this was horrible and the money not worse at all. Table booked for 8 was set up only set up for 6 and we had to squezze on that table. Chairs were almost broken. Service and food quality was much beyond expectations - risotto was liquid, the salads were without figs and the salmon was completly try. Feedback to manager and server did not really interest them. I would not go there anymore!!!
- Dinner for threeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Always enjoy the food and atmosphere at Fig & Olive. Good clean food and interesting preparations. Sometimes service isn't but generally ok. Had an older person in the party and unfortunately the noise level is a little high and makes it hard at times to carry on a conversion. Will look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJustinLDined on 9/6/2014I've eaten here a number of times and always the staff, waiters, and bartenders are pleasant and do their jobs well. And the menu always has great options and variety. It's become one of my favorite places to recommend to people.Special Features:
- maggiethedogDined on 9/5/2014The lamb chops were not quite cooked fully and they arrived before the other 2 meals where served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in Every WayArtanisDined on 9/3/2014We first heard of this place when it was featured on TV on " Hells Kitchen". We had one of our best dining experiences ever here. First, our server Julia was over the top great. Knowledgeable, accomodating, always there when needed but never intrusive!! Food was fabulous, Branzino, lamb chops, crab and tomato salad, crostinis, and figs, figs, figs. Everywhere there were figs. Great selection of wines by the glass, great set of specialty cocktails. Great desert to finish, the chocolate soufflé was outstanding. Highly recommended!!!!Special Features:
- notafoodieDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food done with variations on a dish you may have tried before and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choicemimi10019VIPDined on 9/2/2014Great ambience. Great service Food was OK. Some was excellent some was good. Nothing bad. Service was great. Will come again. Thanks
- Exceeds expectationscallmemochelleVIPDined on 8/31/2014President Obama ate here. The pre Emmy dinner was held here. Lots of hype, which can mean its not good, right? NO! It was great! Best of all, we had a groupon, so we ate like celebs but save a few bucks in doing so. I heard the paella is hit n miss. My paella tasted great but rice a bit mushy. Stephen's lamb was amazing and the smoked rosemary knocked it out of the ballpark. Amazing food and excellent service!Special Features:
- Great spot in WeHoDetroitFoodLoverDined on 8/31/2014Went here with my parents. They are notoriously finicky eaters and loved it! They had the salmon and even experimented with some appetizers. Great service and a good time!Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Service was excellent and the so was the ambiance! From the candles to the Rosemary to the Olive Tree. Beautiful, food was delish as was the olive oils! Olive and Fig Salad was very refreshing and the Crostini's were excellent. The Filet was prepared perfectly and the Veal was great also. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs revitalizationBittersweetDined on 8/31/2014Silverware dirty, Food is fair - chicken dried out and barely warm. Service was rough, no smiles, no welcome, they don't want to be there..server placed the champagne bucket on the ground instead of grabbing the 'stand' it goes on...not smart. Server not paying attention to what she's billing me on, overcharged. Was re-billed after I brought it to her attention. At the end of the day, where is the problem? Unfortunately, Poor Management is the root of the problem. Good luck.
- shaheDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dinner at Fig Olive . The server was very good, friendly and restpectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I was very disappointed in this restaurant. The quality of the food did not meet expectations, nor the hype from the waiter. It was also quite pricey. The best dish was an appetizer, the mushroom and artichoke crostini. A friend and ordered the Branzino for two, which was tasteless. Another friend had lamb chops which she said were quite good. The waiter was pushy, overly explaining items on the menu as if we have never dined out before. He also referred to us a "girls" or "guys" (we are mature women.) Service was spotty. With all of the restaurant choices in Los Angeles, I will not return to this one.
- Well balanced experience.chownowDined on 8/30/2014Unusual and exciting food choices. Items you've had at other restaurants are treated with innovation and care, bringing delight to your palette. The wait staff is attentive, friendly, and attractive. Just be prepared for the price tag at the end and you'll enjoy the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding innovative foodPrimatesDined on 8/30/2014Tasty crostinis especially the mushroom with truffle oil and also had the carrot brussel sprouts side dish which was outstanding. Had the shrimp fettucine and lobster salad also great and good size portions. We loved everythingSpecial Features:
- Fabulous FoodFearsome1foodieDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and had wanted to try out this restaurant for a long time. The table was a small 2 seater in a busy isle. It was very noisy and we couldn't hear each other talk. The server was barely adequate, but I guess he got the job done. The positive was the meal. I ordered the lamb chops and they were delicious, my husband had the paella and it was very good too. The highlight was the chocolate soufflé for dessert. Not sure we would go back since it was quite expensive and we weren't all that comfortable. Maybe it would have been better in the back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome CrostiniRossvanDDined on 8/26/2014All the food was great but the crostini variety was by far the best portion of our meal. The cured beef with gorgonzola was crazy good. Entree portions seemed on the smaller side for the price. Cocktails were very good as well, but a couple of our friends came un-garnished. Not at all a big deal to me but if you're paying $14 for a drink you want to look like the pretty picture you saw on yelp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014Have been here before, and it's still exceptional. great food, ambiance and service!Special Features:
- ConsistentHalpVIPDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant seldom misses...well worth return visits.Special Features:
- Ahh Fig and OliveJWP3VIPDined on 8/22/2014Oh yes, you never fail to impress me... Every time I come here, you prove that you can only get better and better. I first came here for lunch over a year ago - completely random, and now I come back seemingly more and more. This recent time was for my mother's birthday dinner and truly - beyond everyone's expectations! Thank you! I will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu, wonderful foodscarlettDined on 8/22/2014I wanted to order everything on the menu. We were delighted with our choices. And the presentation of the dishes is beautiful as well. We were surprised at the size of the bill. I guess we over-ordered. Our reservation was at 7 p.m. Noise level good. The later it got, the louder we shouted.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!LaurenandcoDined on 8/20/2014We ran 20 mins late. I called and let them know they were very nice and kept our table and reservation. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerkaprockDined on 8/20/2014Food and service could not have been better. Every course, every detail was perfect. Every dish a highlight: sea bass, lobster risotto, trio of crudo, gazpacho, desert sampler, even the bread and oil. Awesome all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFoodFirstVIPDined on 8/20/2014While the restuarant itself is lovely, the service, food and wine list-not so much. The wine list is interesting but over-the-top expensive. The least expensive wine was $70 per bottle and of course, they were out of it. Most likely, the other diners had similar thoughts about the remaining offerings. We ordered an appetizer to share among 4 of us--just something to eat while we were chatting. 3 tiny pieces. You think the server would have alerted us to that fact. The main courses were good. Well prepared with interesting presentations. But, given the choice in LA at this price point, there are far better options.Special Features:
- a big fig'n disappointmentDinoVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Fig & Olive restaurant is all pretty, pomp, and plush. The food unsophisticated, unpalatable, and the service unbelievable. The price immoderate. Respecting their selection of farms and ingredients for their genuineness and seasonality, such as Kenter Farm (lettuces & herbs); Weiser Farm (cattle); Country Fresh (herbs) ; Mary's Farm (chicken); and Babe Farm (fruits & vegetables) - the preparing and presentation is lost. Our favorite fare were the artichokes tossed in garlic, parmesan, and balsamic ($9). The lobster bisque ($12) was more-like a spicy seafood stew - Manhattan-style served with a dollop of chive mascarpone but no spoon(s). Yes, service was unbelievable and If lobster is desired in-the-bisque? - add $6.Special Features:
- Crostini Fo LifeCrostiniDined on 8/20/2014Honestly, everything was fabulous. The cocktails (tried four, no shame), the appetizers (truffle croquets), and the entrees (goat cheese ravioli) were all amazing. But I can't stop fantasizing about those crostini. My life is ruined.Special Features:
- funkymanDined on 8/19/2014Amazing flavors and textures. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- AMAZINGGeemoneyDined on 8/19/2014I consider myself a foodie and this meal certainly rates as one of my all time best. Outstanding mix of flavors and styles. There are multiple options for even the choosiest of eaters.Special Features:
- Definitely Meets Up to The Hype!UpForDeliciousDined on 8/18/2014I am always a little reluctant to agree with the masses just because something is all the rage. Fig & Olive really had a lot to live up to because of all the buzz lately. We went here for my partner's birthday -- just me and him. Luckily, I was able to do a 4-course dinner through GroupOn and I had NO REGRETS. This place is an amazing atmosphere and the food is TOP NOTCH. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special occasion experience or to just have a tasty food and wine adventure intimately or with friends.Special Features:
- Impress SomeoneOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2014This is quality all the way- beautiful modern decor in a pleasantly uplifting light filled room (went for lunch), comfortable seats, perfectly spaced tables for privacy, delicious Mediterranean type food impeccably presented, prix fix and regular menu. Imagined how equally wonderful it would be at night sitting in one of loft tables overlooking room below with candle lit wall. There's also a great bar with plush sofas and chairs as you enter the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't get enough of fig & olive!Saffi2050VIPDined on 8/18/2014I really love this place - just to enter the doors is wonderful, your stress level just drops & you feel transported. Their ambience, including the ultra high ceilings and glass to an outdoor patio (enclosed except for the sky) is unparalleled in Los Angeles! Then, the food - oh, the food - rapturous is not a good enough word. This place is like having a mini-vacation.Special Features:
- DecevantPhSoDined on 8/17/2014Artificial and superficial.food standard , service average. Nothing specialSpecial Features: