Duke's Beach House Maui
130 Kai Malina Parkway
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $30 and under
Duke's Beach House Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dukesmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086622900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:45pm - 9:30pm;
Happy Hour: Everyday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Greg Gifford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Duke's Beach House offers a spectacular oceanfront setting for your celebration. Treat your guests to amazing views of the Pacific and the islands of Molokai and Lanai from the sparkling shores of Kaanapali North Beach. A variety of menus are available all featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients, sustainable seafood and premium steaks served along with the genuine friendly service that is a signature of Duke's. Consider our dramatic oceanfront restaurant for your next special event. Large Parties and Banquet reservations may be arranged for parties of 30 or more.
- Private Party Contact: KC Hendrickson, firstname.lastname@example.org 8086622900x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Entertainment: 3:00pm – 5:00pm; Dinner Entertainment: 6:00pm – 8:30pm. Henry Kapono will perform on Friday, June 6, 2014, Friday, July 4, 2014 and Friday, August 8, 2014 from 5-7pm. Visit us at dukesmaui.com for complete entertainment schedule.
A word from Duke's Beach House Maui
Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaiian
Duke's Beach House Maui - Best Restaurants in Kaanapali ›
Duke's Beach House Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (138)scenic view (129)romantic (75)special occasion (73)good for groups (50)kid-friendly (46)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (25)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (12)late-night find (11)Show More
- MakakiloVIPDined on 10/16/2014Good food, great view, but Duke's gets very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerMauiTripDined on 10/15/2014We have had lunch at dukes before but never dinner. Didn't realize dinner was more of a fancy menu. We were very impressed with the food. The seared ahi was cooked perfectly and the macnut crusted seasonal fish has perfect flavor. I would recommend both dishes. The hula pie for dessert is a must. The restaurant has a nice patio and good views of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved the best for lastdinealotDined on 10/14/2014It was our last night on Maui and wanted to have a special dinner. We have eaten in many restaurants on Maui but hadn't tried Duke's, although we'd been to the one in Honolulu. First, our table was ready when we arrived and we were shown to a table at the edge of the dining area overlooking the grounds. The food was delicious - best we had in our 2-week stay. Our waitress was very nice and brought out everything in a timely manner. All in all, a really great evening of dining on Maui! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceConnappDined on 10/14/2014Knowledgeable waiter, good support staff, awesome view and food.Special Features:
- Dukes is a favorite every Maui tripOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Did not get our request to sit out on patio (they did offer the two of us a table for six which we declined). Had a great table, but did have about six little kids running around behind us. Greyson our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 10/10/2014Drinks served to us after 2/3 of our salad eaten. It seems they want a fast turnover. Very disappointed. Dinner there immediately after salad. No pineapples served with the Mai Tai, just a flower.
- CClanDined on 10/7/2014Food was decent, the menu seemed limited. Pretty much as expected for a hotel restaraunt. Local food/restaraunts in Lahina are your best bet.Special Features:
- Derrick at Dukes was Great!!!CherieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Derrick really did a wonderful job taking care of us!!! He was great! MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine at Dukes!DiningDiverDined on 9/30/2014The food ... was fresh, delicious and artful plated. Our party of four shared several appetizers including the poke, coconut shrimp and the lobster coconut milk soup (which I felt was too salty, but the rest our party didn't think so). Each couple shared an entrée; each delicious fish dinners. The server was super knowledgable and professional and friendly.Special Features:
- the rain didn't ruin the funRitasfamDined on 9/30/2014with our group of 8 we were seated right away under cover. great view of sunset and out of the rain. after changing wine selection 3 time- because of no stock- we got a good one & appetizers. everything was fabulous. AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal with a good view of beachCCFoodLoversDined on 9/29/2014Had a good time at Duke's in Kaanapali Beach. Lots of memorabilia of Duke's life and other beach motif. This restaurant is above average-to-good, but is not a spectacular high-level place. Our service was good and the location was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimFLDined on 9/26/2014Staying at the Honua Kai on our honeymoon this was a convenient and lovely place to have food and drinks. We had drinks and appetizers here for Aloha hour which were average. We returned for dinner reservations the next day and were really impressed by the high quality of the food. Everything was delicious and far exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-poor serviceJFedDined on 9/26/2014Food was great. Table service was unacceptable. We were there to celebrate our wedding. One person in our party of 4 had to wait until after our meal was served to get her drink. We ate there before this event and had no problem. The issue must have been isolated to our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okDash08Dined on 9/26/2014While the ambiance was lovely with the live music, the food was just mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I had the best evening and dinner here and our favorite restaurant of the week! We had wonderful service, the ambience with a view of the ocean with open windows and ocean breezes, you can't beat. I had the Mango BBQ ribs and they were outstanding. My husband had the seafood risotto and one of the best risotto dishes he has had. We had the trio of creme brulle for dessert. WE like the vanilla tahitian flavor the best. So reasonably priced compared to other high end Kapalua restaurants!! We can't wait to go back several times next year!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Exceptional meal, great view, great service . My wife's birthday and all was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every time!RobcatDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Grayson took great care of us. A must try in any vacation to Kaanapali Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeGerabooVIPDined on 9/17/2014Once again, Duke's hit it out of the park! Had a special family celebration and everyone, from the 2 year old to the adults, enjoyed the food, ambiance, and service. Consideration was given to the kids, including a special sparkling drink in a flute for the champagne toast, and the celebratory dessert capped off a delicious dinner of succulent fish (we couldn't pick a favorite between the mac encrusted, the banana leaf steamed, the Duke's favorite, and the special fish pairing). Even the pickiest eater of the group devoured the calamari! Frank, our waiter, was outstanding and all the staff made us feel welcome and valued. Highly recommend to anyone in the area!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnercphs68champsDined on 9/16/2014Great atmosphere, fantastic service (Craig), and a wonderful New York Steak. What a special place for our 43 year wedding anniversary celebration!Special Features:
- Beautiful ocean viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Beautiful ocean view, great service, great food. Celebrating a birthday and the service was great, and the fresh fish was wonderful, and a very delicious macadamia ice cream cake (huge slice- easily feeds four).Special Features:
- Loved Dukes!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had the special treat of dining here several times as we stayed right on the property! We would highly recommend Dukes, for breakfast or dinner! We also enjoyed their sister property in Lahaina, Kimo's!Special Features:
- DianeL14Dined on 9/12/2014Staff is exceptional. Both of my parents are in wheelchairs and the staff was always so helpful in getting them to a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dukes Maui was greatPMAmundsonDined on 9/11/2014We have been to multiple Dukes and restaurants owned by the chain. Good was great, staff was cordial and responsive and beach front location capped off a great evening. Not the easiest to find or get to but worth the trouble.Special Features:
- Sunset dinnerAlohaDined on 9/10/2014Good food, great view! Service ok, could be better.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and view!TammyDined on 9/8/2014What a great location. Right on the beach and the best view of the sunset. The food was amazing. Of course the fish (Ono & Onaga) were on a special for the evening and melted in your mouth. But I had the Pork Shank and not only was it HUGE, but it was so tender if fell right off the bone. It was the best pork shank I have ever had. Even our waiter recommended it when I told him I was torn between fish or pork. He was so right. And please save room for Hula Pie. You only live once!!Special Features:
- excellent food and ambienceCrusaderDined on 9/7/2014Our favorite place in Maui for dinner. Great sunsets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has good varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoyed the outdoor dining experience and ambiance of the restaurant. We had a need for vegetarian, seafood and steak and Duke's menu provided this variety. I try to stay away from butter and cream but somewhat difficult to avoid here as it is in most restaurants in the area. Service was ok - why did some have rolls and we did not, for example?Special Features:
- Great!MauinokaoiDined on 9/4/2014Never disappointed. Always great food and service. The view is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014Dukes is good. Fairly predictable, but good. The view is the best deal, especially at sunset. Most of the time the wait staff is very good but not Andrew P.. Empty drink glasses left on the table for the entire meal. No water refils and only 1 dessert menu offered for a table of 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing!2YumsUpDined on 9/3/2014This is exactly the type of restaurant I've been looking for on our honeymoon. Gorgeous view of the ocean and sunset. Amazing service - our server knew the preparation of each meal from front, made great recommendations and did not skip a beat. Food was outstanding! I had the banana leaf steamed fish and shrimp, husband had the ahi tuna. Will definitely be going back for another dinner before we leave Maui!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Dukes!JustineDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I loved our recently experience at Dukes. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I have the seafood risotto, which was out of this world and my husband had the pork shank which was equally delicious! Of course, the Hula pie was amazing and an absolute must for dessert! Can't wait to go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duke's is greatBal1VIPDined on 9/1/2014Have been to Duke's all over the island and they are great. Food is good and the restaurants are always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink, & be merry at Duke'sibcr8ivDined on 8/31/2014We booked via OpenTable for 3 people at 5:30pm and let them know we would be celebrating our wedding anniversary with our 4-year old. When we checked in at the hostess stand the ladies had the crayons and kids menu ready before I even finished telling them my name. They sat us outside in one of the few tables that were shaded from the setting sun. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. To help celebrate our anniversary they brought us a slice of heaven- a huge slice of Hula Pie (macadamia nut ice cream with a chocolate crust). The crew at Duke's did a great job at providing a memorable dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhoenixDined on 8/31/2014Service and dinner were top notch. The eating area was clean and spacious and our server responded only when we needed anything. He was polite and didn't engage in unnecessary info. Great place and we'll be back. Also good steak taco'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeeJayDined on 8/30/2014Great experience. Our server, Jeffrey was super kind and relatable - he made us feel comfortable and a great end to Maui for me and my travel companions birthday vacation. Our hotel provided a coupon for a hula pie and it came highly recommended by Jeffrey. We asked about his story and he kindly and freely shared. He also took our picture to commemorate our visit there and made our visit, all the more pleasurable. :)Special Features:
- Enjoyed!CollinVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very nice setting and good food with good service. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good food and viewalkoiv24VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was very good and the sunset view was great. Not the best meal we had on Maui but still very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and atmosphere!!!SunshineDined on 8/28/2014This was our second time in Maui and at Duke's. It was just as wonderful the second time around!! The food was delicious and our server had many helpful suggestions on what to order. The weather was gorgeous the night we were there, which made our experience even more delightful!! Will definitely be back when we return to Maui!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and great food!LittleNutDined on 8/23/2014Loved the outside seating and tiki torches!!!! Great fresh fish! One if my nicest meals on maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but miss Tasting menuMauiDonDined on 8/22/2014The service and food was outstanding. Andy does a great job, and is very knowledgeable and attentive. We were disappointed that they no longer offered the one price tasting menu, which we had there several times and was a great value, especially for we locals who can't afford the full price offerings. It will definitely affect how often we can visit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.