DK Steak House
2552 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
DK Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8089316280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Miyasaki
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering in private homes or off premises. All of our menus are customized to the client"s specifications. Please contact Ivy Nagayama.
- Private Party Contact: Ivy Nagayama 8089316280
A word from DK Steak House
d.k Steak House is a local Hawaiian Regional steak house specializing in Dry-aged steaks. We are O‘ahu’s first Dry-Aging Room where we dry age on premise ---which imparts a sweeter, fuller, and more robust flavor as well as tenderizing the meat. We use only USDA high-grade beef- Vintage Natural which has NO hormones, NO antibiotics, NO steroids, the beef is all natural. Our double broiler grilling process ensures high-temperature cooking that seals in juices and enhances the natural flavor of the beef. We offer classic sides dishes, and at d.k Steak House we also offer a beautiful sunset view overlooking Waikiki beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
DK Steak House - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
DK Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (44)notable wine list (40)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (39)scenic view (31)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- More for tourist than localsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Noise level was louder than normal. Booths were uncomfortable with no padding or cushion. Not the same atmosphere as Hys or The Signature. More on par with The Chart House
- Excellent foodEnjoyfoodDined on 9/24/2014I did not try the dry aged steak because they only cook them to medium rare temp. I did have the 8oz filet and two lobster tails. They were both excellent. The meat melted in your mouth and the lobster was sweet enough without adding butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged Steak @ WaikikiBmwmasterDined on 9/23/2014Looking for a really good Steak brings US to this place at Waikiki. Because of online-reservation by opentable, we're able to grab our booth (as recommended in the comment to the reservation) with only a 3min. waiting. The boothes are very private and thats, what we're looking for. Our waitress was a little bit of shy, but friendly and helpful. Because we want to enjoy the entrees, we quit ordering a starter. The Dinner was served quickly: Petit Filet with mashed potatoes and asparagus // 15 days aged Bone-In Ribeye with sweet potatoe-fries. The meats were awesome delicious, the sides are big and enough to share; for me the mached potatoes are made with a little too much garlic. After all we ordered an apple coppler to share.Special Features:
- Go for the dry aged rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Came here on a recommendation from a friend in California. Service was great! Crab cake was raw in the middle. (The size of a cue ball!) bresaola carpaccio was fine, the salad garnish was so overdressed! Prawn cocktail was good. How can u mess up boiled jumbo prawns. The Caesar salad was so over dressed I grabbed a fistful of it and squeezed out so much dressing, just to show the waiter how overdressed it was. Although he didn't notice. 30 day dry aged rib eye was great! Veggies (carrots and zucchini seemed frozen) potato gratin had no salt or pepper, only bitter roasted garlic. Chocolate bomb was great! Free ice cream to our baby from the server... Nice touch!Special Features:
- Great Food!tfromrokDined on 9/21/2014Awesome Steak!!! and great recommendation for food from the staff.Special Features:
- 2mcdineoutDined on 9/20/2014This was our 2nd visit and they provided excellent service and food without fail. We were warmly greeted by the hostesses at the entrance and immediately seated shortly thereafter in a nice booth. The server provided menus and took our drink order right away. Recommendations from the server were given to us which helped. The dishes from appetizer to dessert came out in a timely manner with hardly much wait in between. The dry age steaks were EXCELLENT!!! Large portion - couldn't eat it all and was glad I could take it home and enjoy it as a 2nd meal the following day. We ended the evening with a complimentary dessert of panna cotta since we were celebrating our anniversary-it was a nice touch - thanks DK Steakhouse!Special Features:
- What an experience!firsttimetryDined on 9/19/2014Heard from some of my friends about DK Steak house and decided to try it. Took my family there for my daughter's birthday. The service and the food was Outstanding!! Although I brought in my own wine, their wine selection is excellent! We've tried the Morton's and the Ruth's Chris, (we never went back --even for a special occasion) but DK Steakhouse is on our list for a repeat visit! I think it's the ambiance and that local "Come inside" make yourself comfortable feeling that tops this place over Morton's and Ruth's Chris. And the one thing that I was thankful for was the A/C was just the right temperature. The last time we ate at Morton's, we were all fanning ourselves because the A/C was turned up! Not a good environment for dinner!Special Features:
- Awesome steaks!Love2eatDined on 9/16/2014Second time being at this restaurant and the 30 day dry aged steaks are the best! Had the truffle crouquettes and it was tasty as usual! Can't wait to go back again! Server was good but could've been a little more personable. Hostesses were very friendly and gives a good first impression of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious steak with nice servicekymyDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed their fillet which was so soft and tasty. Their wine list was so extensive, whichwas also plus. But you cannot expect nice dessert.Special Features:
- Not fine diningOceanPrimoVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you are going to charge fine dining prices, you have to provide a nice atmosphere. Menu covers are similar to a casual breakfast/lunch restaurant, interior atmosphere reminds me off a casual, chain restaurant and the bar area is old and archaic. If you can sit outside do it. It's the only atmosphere the restaurant has. Entering the restaurant is not easy and you have to walk by the pool to get there. Food ok. Not worth your time if you are celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great variety, well preparedJiSchiDined on 9/10/2014Something for everyone - steak, sushi, seafood. Locally owned.Special Features:
- half fullkkobay01Dined on 9/9/2014girl server had no personality. our water was empty and had to ask for it to be filled even after she brought us our wine. wanted to take away our plates too soon. manager on duty not very attentive of the guest. I guess they were short of staff. Since being there last year, the service had gone down. Guess will not make it another time.Special Features:
- wonderful place to dine in Waikiki.AmericanSteakLoverDined on 9/9/2014Every time , our family vacation in Hawaii, DK is one of our favorite place to visit. The foods are so good, recommended wines are so good and hospitality is also so good. We love American Steak, and DK is one of the best steak house. The signature aged beef is excellent, and Hawaian Beef is also wonderful. We will visit DK again on next vacation in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely sensational. Everything was cooked and prepared to perfection. The changing daily specials keep the menu fresh, but without losing our favorite standbys.Special Features:
- Good food but...jackodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I eat out at least 3 times a week and was looking for a steak place I hadn't tried yet and found this one. The food was good, as expected without disappointment, very traditional. The two negatives are the wine list and parking. The wine list had very few merlot and cab which I found strange for a steak restaurant. The parking was $37 for 2 hours and $12 after validation. No other find dining place in the area charges for parking with validation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchVIPDined on 9/2/2014Definitely would do our anniversary dinner here again! Steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Always a good choicesheiksanDined on 8/31/2014We've been to DK Steak House a few times and this last time did not disappoint. The combination appetizer included crab cake, blue fin sashimi and wagyu beef which were all excellent (also included shrimp cocktail that had great large prawns but the sauce was unimpressive). We tried the pork shoulder instead of the dry-aged beef and it was pretty good, but I definitely think the rib-eye is their best choice if you go here. The wines are extensive, very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Amazing!AlyBel81Dined on 8/29/2014Speechless! Possibly one of the best steaks we have ever eaten. Service was impeccable (chang). Desert was melt in your mouth. Great variety on the menu. Would recommend table outside as quieter then inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownMojoDaddyDined on 8/29/201430-day aged 22 oz rib-eye steak is simply the best in town. Service is outstanding. My birthday dinner with my wife was very memorable. Came here for the first time last year for my birthday and hope to return again real soon. Prices are comparable with similar fine dining restaurants. As a final perk: free validated parking for the first three hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksWaktDined on 8/22/2014Had the 30 day aged rib eye, as usual very tasty and tender. We celebrate special occasions here because of the aged rib eyes. Had the potato croquettes and cream spinach sides, very consistent. Joshua was a great server, very attentive, knowledgeable, can tell he likes his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak I'd been looking forPhantomscribeDined on 8/17/2014I had been googling steakhouses in Waikiki for a week trying to find the best one. In the end, I couldn't decide so just picked DK. I wasn't disappointed. Great aged beef, great wines, and pretty good service. On the expensive side, but everything in Waikiki is compared to Australian prices and the quality of food and service make you feel it's worth it. Only negative was that I had a booking for 7:30 but had to wait ten minutes before being seated ( only three quarters full at that stage), and then it took another 30 minutes before I had a drink in hand! Oh, and the bread sticks were kind of tough/ uninspired but the garlic butter was nice. Good steaks and sides and decent wine list. Would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksFatNHappyDined on 8/9/2014Being a past resident of Hawaii and multiple returning Waikiki visitor I was hesitant to try somewhere new to eat. I hate the thought of spending a lot of money on a meal I don't enjoy. Not the case with DK Steaks. Best steak I've eaten in years. Fantastic ocean view. I will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak is a Rare Find!LouieOfWaikikiDined on 8/9/2014I love great steaks, and they are increasingly harder to find. DK Steakhouse does a great job filling this need here in Waikiki. They do dry age one of their cuts (the 22 oz Bone-In Rib Eye), offering a 15 day or 30 day ageing period to choose from. I tried 15 day this time, and it was tender as a scallop and beautifully cooked. Unfortunately, no other cuts are offered as dry aged, though the person I dined with had the New York Strip, and it was also perfectly cooked, and full of flavor. These were well selected cuts of meat, with none of the tendon/sinewy mess that you find in lesser quality beef. The sides dishes were pleasant, but not amazing. The Cesar Salad, om the other hand, was brilliant: Lemony, Anchovy-y bliss. Thanks DK!
- Great gluten free optionsGreatGlutenFreeMenuDined on 8/2/2014I was very impressed by the gluten free menu! Thank you!! All of our food was delicious. We sat outside so the view was breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu, but Great!JRinVADined on 7/30/2014This was a highlight of our trip to Waikiki. We requested and received a table outside, which was amazing. Do this if you can. Even being the middle of summer, we had a very pleasant evening outside overlooking the surf and enjoying great food. We started with some very tasty appetizers, including the scallops with bacon and lobster ravioli. The scallops were perfect and the bacon was a great smoky addition. The ravioli was sweet and savory--very tasty. Followed by a filet and the dry-aged ribeye, which was perfectly cooked. The highlight of the evening was our server, who knew the menu in and out as well as the winelist. She really made the evening and suggested a fantastic wine pairing. For a wonderful evening, be sure to visit.Special Features:
- awesome steaksyummygirl12323Dined on 7/28/2014Super great happy hour and best dirty martinis. kabobs very tender and juicy...would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steak house!SienajDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed very much dk's'nice food, especially sampler for appetizer and dry aging beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary dinner!12yrsoloveDined on 7/20/2014We had the prefix meal with upgraded aged beef and was so yummy and tender like butter! Very tasty and Lots of food enough for lunch the next day! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaks and great seafoodOnvacationDined on 7/15/2014We had a mince dinner for two nice dinner for two ran about $ 140 great food nice view good place to meet with a large party. Would go back. Mud pie was enough for four peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks on the planet!ColoradoCraigDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant, wifey and I went last year on our 29th anniversary "tour" and thought it was the best steak I had ever had. Same impression this year. Had the 15 day aged beef last year and the 30 day this time. Awesome stuff, and the sides are equally fantastic. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014The service and the steak were outstanding. Well done with a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHonoluluBestDined on 7/9/2014We dine here regularly and it's a great place for dinner with friends or couples. We love the Caesar salad and the paniolo steak rub on the bone in ribeye. The crap dip appetizer is also a delicious way to start, but it's filling. For Dessert, I would highly recommend the massive mud pie to share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak & Delicious SushiHIfoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014DK's food is delicious. Took some "out-of-towners" and they're glad we "turned them on" to the restaurant and will definitely go back on their own when they next travel to Hawaii. The must order is the 30 day dry-aged beef - we shared because we had indulged in wonderful food off of Sansei's menu (we shared 2 truffle ramen's with 6 of us and other sushi items) prior to moving to the main course with lots of side dishes. Wonderful onion rings, scallop potatoes, truffle mac and cheese and the rest of the traditional sides. Don't forget to have the Mud Pie. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakHawaiianDined on 7/4/2014Best steak on the island. The aged ribeye was amazing. Service was good considering the Holiday. It was a great way to spend my 25 anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased in ParadiseHappyCustomerDined on 6/24/2014DK Steakhouse has the best filet mignon I've ever eaten. It melts in your mouth, and you can almost cut it with your fork! Pair it with their Caesar Salad and my personal favorite--the loaded potato (which is definitely large enough to share with someone else)--and you've got the perfect meal. I've never had room for dessert afterwards, but hey, that's even better--eating healthy on top of it! Wait staff was great and the view by the window was stunning. A little pricey but great for a special occasion or vacation treat!Special Features:
- Great Foodoldham79VIPDined on 6/23/2014Recommend 15 day dry aged bone in rib-eye. Fair prices on good wineSpecial Features:
- First timer and loved it!CaviarloverDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful steaks! Tried 15 day aged rib eye and it was amazing! Escargot was very tasty! Thanx for bday surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterWillworkforfoodDined on 6/18/2014We were attracted to this steakhouse by their promise of in-house dry-aged steaks. While the food and service were both good, we were seated between the kitchen and a group with infants, who vocalized loudly and continuously. As much as we enjoyed the food, we couldn't wait to get out from between the crashing of plates and the shrieks of toddlers. I would expect better from a restaurant that dedicates so much effort to the food; ambiance is as much a part of the dining experience as the food.Special Features:
- Great steakKaneoheDeeDined on 6/16/2014I have been here 3 times now, twice with my husband and once with my family. I believe our server's name was Tate and he was very friendly. I really like his service and the food as always was outstanding! Will definitely visit this restaurant in the near future. I love their steak it is very pricey but its worth it!Special Features:
- EnjoyableYumYumDined on 6/15/201415 days Aged Rib Eye Steak...tenderly delicious! I usually need condiments when I eat a steak but not this one. Will definitely try the 30 day Aged next time. Sides were okay. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.