Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
716 Iberville Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5045222467x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Creole
- Executive Chef: Alfred Singleton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: All Private Dining Reservations must be made through our Group Sales Department. Please contact Sales at 504-521-8310 for information.
A word from Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
“Top Steakhouses in America” Maxim Magazine and Playboy, and featured in the Wall Street Journal, Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse serves straightforward prime steaks with a New Orleans touch. Signature dishes and sides include: The House Filet (served with masa flash-fried Louisiana oysters), Tomato Bleu Cheese Napoleon, Pontalba Potatoes, and a Roasted Sweet Potato with Creole Pecan Butter. The house favorite dessert is a toss up between the Coconut Cake with a chiffon buttercream and the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding—so go ahead and order both.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)romantic (93)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (55)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014The atmostphere was good the service was very good the food was prepaired correctly the first time out - the 2 things I would say that was not right was when I took 1/2 of my Prime Rib dinner to my hotel they did not put the creamy horseradish in the box and could have added a small thing of AU jus in the box and last the price was I feel was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible timingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/28/2014A group of 5 of us arrived for our reservation 6:45 and were seated right away although it was probably the worst table in the restaurant...we were practically sitting in the foyer. The two waiters, Roy & Dennis were very prompt to take our drink & order within the first 15 minutes. Then it all went downhill from there. The apps & drinks arrived within 10-15 minutes & the entrees were FINALLY brought out an hour & 15 mins later. Mind you we ordered two steaks & two fish entrees at a steakhouse. Within that hour, we had to ask where our food was only to be told it was just going on the grill. Manager came over to apologize & offer us appetizer or salads - already had that so no thank you. Steaks came out & they were well done! Not a good.Special Features:
- Not this Brennan restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We've been to NOLA many times, dined at nearly all the classics, many of the Brennan family group, but will never eat at this one again. Tho reserved, waited over 1/2 hour just to be seated. Then our drink order, taken right away, took another 20 min to come. Also had to ASK to place our dinner order! We were embarrassed about all this; our guest was a good sport about it. Drinks and food were good, but couldn't make up for the erratic service, noise, and attitude of 'this is normal' for Saturday night. No it's not. Across the street at Galatoire's, even on Saturday night, dining's a pleasure. This restaurant is over booking or something, but it was no impressive experience, and we would never recommend it or take anyone there again.Special Features:
- Always great never disappointsTomgolfsDined on 9/27/2014My favorite steakhouse in the country, from drinks at the bar to dessert and coffee always consistent high level of quality for both food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Great Steak and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The servers who helped us were superb. Friendly and yet businesslike, wasting no time with excess chatter but always there for us. I had the Cowboy Rib-Eye, a special, and it was simple and perfect, just butter and fine marbling that gave me all I had hoped for. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FAVORITE!LSUTIGERDined on 9/27/2014We visit NO for a week several times a year and we always eat at Dickie Brennan's.....most often more than once while here. Regardless of what you order, the item will be delicious. Naturally, the steaks can't be beat, especially the filet; but don't overlook the seafood. Try the Napoleon salad...what treat! And, don't skip their home-made ice cream; it's a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything was exceptional, from making reservation, to the service, and of course the spectacular food. They even named prices when describing their specials, including the days market price for lobster! The only room for improvement is they need a greater beer selection. For such a high caliber restaurant, the beer menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you improve on excellenceDickandJeannieDined on 9/24/2014We were celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary, and everyone in this restaurant helped to make this a very special occasion. The wait staff was beyond excellent, and he food was made in heaven. I had to ask our waitress Andrea to pinch me, because I was sure I had gone to heaven. I would recommend this restaurant to any and everyone I know.Special Features:
- Perfect steak-perfect dessert!!1CoconutDined on 9/23/2014Alejandro was our server-she is excellent. She listened to our order and the filets were cooked to perfection! Potatoes au gratin were undercooked-but were replaced immediately without the meal getting cold. Very attentive service-the food outstanding and the coconut cake - to die for!!! That's why we go to Dickie B's every visit to NOLA!!Special Features:
- Worst steak in a long timeAlwaysoutDined on 9/21/2014Ordered steak medium and received an overcooked and dried out piece of old meat
- Service woesMosesDined on 9/20/2014Food was outstanding as always. This was the worst service ever experienced at a restaurant at this price point. The very long wait for the initial greeting set the service tone for the evening...long wait to order wine, long wait to receive wine, long wait to order dinner, long wait to receive dinner, no pepper offered for salads, no check-back on steak quality or doneness, no offer of desserts (which we might have considered) and ultimately a disappointing experience. The team service aspect left us confused as to who our waitress really was. There are plenty of other prime steak house options to choose from.Special Features:
- DisappointedKobeDined on 9/20/2014I was rather disappointed with my dining experience at Dickie Brennan's. After reading reviews I expected a wonderful experience with great food, great ambiance and service. I was very disappointed with my meal. I ordered the parmesan crusted fish served over asparagus with oven roasted baby potatoes. Unfortunately, the fish was very salty, which by the way was the only flavor I could taste, Also, served over spinach not asparagus, with over done roasted potatoes. We also ordered an appetizer, fried oysters. Awful, they had so much crust on them you could not even taste the oysters and they were burnt, I actually could not believe they served them. My Husbands meal was good though He had Prime Rib. Hard to screw up Prime Rib.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuvbirdsDined on 9/19/2014Awesome experience, food, and service! Staff was very helpful with food/wine suggestions. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hot spot for steaks in NOLALuvGoodFoodDined on 9/19/2014Excellent quality of food, fine bar where we had our first drinks while waiting for the table; reservation highly recommended!Special Features:
- Best Place in NOLAclcheatDined on 9/19/2014We eat here every trip we make to New Orleans. We have NEVER been disappointed. The food is excellent and the staff are more attentive than any other restaurant we have visited in New Orleans. We have ordered many different items and always loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExperienceNOLAgirlDined on 9/19/2014The bartender was great while waiting on my party to arrive. The wait staff after being seated was very attentive and helpful. Great start to my birthday weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect servicejzbbDined on 9/17/2014This steakhouse not only has great steaks but the service is outstanding. Everyone is friendly and attentive without standing over you. They aim to make sure your experience will keep you coming back! There are lots of great places in the French Quarter and they understand their extra attentiveness will definitely keep you coming back when you can. Don't miss it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary disappointmentBiloxicouple89Dined on 9/16/2014Dined there for our 25th anniversary. Food was wonderful...above what we expected, food service..outstanding. Our problem came after we dined and paid. I stepped into the restroom, and husband waited outside for me. While waiting a woman who worked for the restaurant came to sit by him and told him that the only reason she ALLOWED us into the restaurant to dine was because it was our anniversary. Apparently, my husband didn't meet their dress code (which I might add was no where to be found). After speaking to management, I pointed out at least three other patrons in there that were wearing much more casual attire than we were. I explained they should have told us about attire BEFORE they seated us and accepted our money.Special Features:
- Just good steaksTaylorDined on 9/13/2014I've always enjoyed the atmosphere here, but the quality of beef is still a bit lacking. Still a very nice overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LargoDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal service. Excellent food. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Streak HouseJohnDined on 9/13/2014I say historic meaning, these guys know how to setup and service someone at a classy steak house! They really do it well. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- nuggetDined on 9/13/2014The food was so delicious...it was my first time and it won't be my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat you like you are special.PhouseDined on 9/12/2014We loved our dining experience! The food was great, the service exceptional. We brought friends that had not been here before and they were really impressed by the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Prime ribDissatisfiedDined on 9/11/2014The prime rib was cold and very tough. The au jus was like a gravy, not very good. We have eaten here several times before but thinking we won't go back.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed the dinner, food was excellent, service was timely. Overall a great experience, would highly recommend for a night out in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Our faviorte restaurant in N.O. services was outstanding and each food coarse was delicious...pure southern hospitality at its best...best turtle soup we have ever had....Special Features:
- special anniversary1stTimeDinersDined on 9/6/2014my wife and I went to Dickie Brennan's steakhouse for the first time. what a treat. the food was excellent and the wait staff were attentive, cheerful and charming. Dickie's put us in a romantic spot and three gentleman walked around and sang tunes at different tables.Special Features:
- Great food and geat stafffranksDined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was great. The food was really delicious. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the staff was super. If you are in need of a little red meat on your trip to New Orleans, you will not be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFleurTDined on 9/6/2014One of the best steaks we've had in New Orleans - and we are from here. The crab cake was delectable. We had dined at this restaurant several years ago and enjoyed it. We regret not coming back sooner! So many great restaurants in New Orleans, it's difficult to decide where to go. Put on your dressy casual clothes and enjoy this fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Love, love, loveDmartinVIPDined on 9/5/2014Found this place by accident but now when I have a need for beef.....this is my #1 go to place. Filet is amazing; Baked potato (all the way) is amazing; Bread pudding is amazing.....what more can I say...it's just all around amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Bust!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Soup of the day was a tomato soup with parmesan twill (cracker) and it was excellent. Had the gumbo which had a good portion of chicken and andouille sausage in it, but the roux was too dark for my taste. A bit too salty as well. Prime rib and petit filet were very disappointing. Both cuts were not up to par as they were tough and had way too much gristle in them. Sautéed spinach and au gratin potatoes were very good. Dessert of black forest ice cream and coconut cake with 5 layers of chiffon cake and Italian buttercream frosting and soaked in creme anglaise were excellent. Service was very good!! I would recommend this restaurant, but a new beef purveyor is needed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!corycollierDined on 8/30/2014Some of the best steak I've ever had! If you can try this place out, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/Anniversary Celebrationjuzus2Dined on 8/30/2014My experience was great. We were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and his 39th birthday. Our wait staff, Patrick, Chris and Ashley took good care of us. The food was delicious and I finally found a red wine that I loved. I would eat here again for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Attention to DetailPrincipalDinerDined on 8/30/2014I mentioned that my wife and I were celebrating our "re-engagement" when I made the reservation. The staff made a point to make this night a special dining experience with well wishes, complementary appetizer and dessert, and a very nice table. The food and service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak/great serviceGigijrzcapeDined on 8/29/2014We were seated right away on a busy Friday evening when we arrived fit our 8 pm reservation. Our table service was very attentive without being over-bearing. Steaks were on level with Ruths Cris, and cooked just as we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The steak was cooked perfectly, but the cut of meat was tough and almost un-eatable. The glasses had a very funky smell when it was raised to drink. I will never go back to this restaurant.
- 34 year Anniversarylift221Dined on 8/23/2014All was great except we sat by a group of guys that night who were crude and rude with there language as my wife and I tried to enjoy our 34th year anniversary. We stayed the weekenfd at the Ritz Carlton (1st class) dined at Brennan's which we thought would be 1st class only to have the table of about 10 - 12 guys ruin the evening. Although I was willing to move or asked to be moved my wife not wanting to cause a scene just grinned and bared thru the crudeness. I, we understand that all are entitled to there thoughts but when you are going to conduct yourself in that manner you should ask for a proivate room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & service!ConnieDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant equalled the excellent food and service. Strongly recommend and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAlgirlDined on 8/23/2014We went to Dickie Brennens for a good steak. The prime rib was the best we've had. The wait staff were attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back. It was totally worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!!yen70072Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Dickie Brennan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.