Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
5223 Orient Rd
Tampa, FL 33610Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants/co
- Phone: (813) 627-7625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wine
- Entertainment: The Council Oak Lounge offers live entertainment seven days a week and has a full bar and relaxing atmosphere.
A word from Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is Tampa's number one destination for prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list served in a contemporary upscale atmosphere. In the mood for steak? How about a 100% U.S.D.A. prime? All dry aged 21 to 28 days, cut right in our very own on-site butcher shop. If you're feeling like seafood, you can sample any one of our fresh fish, line-caught right here in Florida. Our Alaskan King Crab legs are right from the Bering Sea and our custom saltwater tanks keep the live Maine lobsters fresh. Complement your meal with a visit to the Council Oak Lounge where you can listen to live entertainment nightly, enjoy our Lounge menu and our superb specialty drink list or a fine cigar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (57)romantic (55)notable wine list (50)good for groups (43)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Top drawerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014From the welcing staff when we entered till the time we left food service was impeccable. Only negative is the noise level. Was difficult to have a conversation over dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Awesome steaks! Everything was delicious and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We had three people to our party. The food was great, the service was prompt and very attentive. The servers were fantastic and knowledgeable, wine list is very good. We really enjoyed the whole experience for Council Oaks. A true 5 star night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHappyAnniversaryDined on 11/16/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. We were greeted with Happy Anniversary and after over an hour dining we left. On our way out the receptionist said good night and have a great anniversary. She had remembered us even after that length of time. And all the people that had come and gone. You will definitely see us again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poornotsatisfied1Dined on 11/14/2014Service was poor. I watched people get seated after me and we're brought bread and appetizers week after I ordered. Had to send my wife's steak back, she requested well done it came out medium. How hard is it to cook a steak well done. I was half way completed with my meal before her steak was brought out a second time.Special Features:
- GREAT TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014GREAT PLACE TO DINE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASSION. WE WILL DEFINITELY RETURN FOR ANOTHER DINING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:
- Delicious romanceTimADined on 11/9/2014We visited Council Oaks for our 25th anniversary and the service and food was among the best on the entire west coast of Florida. Surely the best steak within 3 counties. The service was attentive yet not over the top, and the experience was perfect.Special Features:
- Host and accommodationsMLewlew5Dined on 11/8/2014They were very concerned with how late our reservation was for and made it a point to tell us the kitchen was closing. I also called to tell them I had to add more people. When we got there they did not have the change and told us they could not accommodate us at one table. Yet when we walked in we were the only ones is the place and there were plenty of open table that could have pulled together to seat the remaining 4 people. Once all that was taken care of the wait staff was very good and attentive. All I cal say if you are not willing to have people there that late don't allow me to make the reservation.Special Features:
- Fine Diningtholland911Dined on 11/8/2014Our experience was wonderful. one of the best meals I have had. great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceLuv2dineDined on 11/8/2014Our evening out was amazing! The food was outstanding and the service was great! Thank you Chris for taking care of us! Recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding once again!allaboutthefoodDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated parents 57th wedding anniversary. They loved everything about the restaurant!Special Features:
- Best SteaksGoldFingerDined on 11/8/2014Although Council Oaks is expensive, it is well worth the cost. The dry aged Porter House at C. O., is truly the finest steak that I have ever eaten anywhere, it is Big, Bold and delicious. If you love aged meats, this is the place to go. Richard our waiter and his assistant, did an outstanding job making sure our dining was a true experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrot CakeHappybull78Dined on 11/8/2014Disappointed to learn they won't offer carrot cake going forward. However, I really didn't need it anyways and everything else is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingperlaDined on 11/7/2014best quality steaks I've ever had, incredible sides, steaks, drinks, etc, can't go wrong. pricey but worth it for special occasionSpecial Features:
- Excellent for Casino food!drjds71Dined on 11/7/2014We saw mixed reviews on this place but decided to give it a try while we had some family in town. We were seated quickly. When you are taken to your table you can see a huge open kitchen which was very nice. We had drinks to start which were comparable in prices to high end steak houses. $9.25 for a rum & coke. $14 for a mojito. $16 for a glass of wine. Our server seemed very concerned about getting the bill as high as he could which was a little annoying. Shrimp cocktail was excellent. Chopped salads looked more like a regular salad there was nothing chopped about it. I would not get that again. We had 2 filet which were excellent. We had a bone in filet which came out quite undercooked but good flavor Not worth $70 though.Special Features:
- impressedchefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I am a chef and the food was outstanding. The service was top scale we wanted and waited for nothing.Special Features:
- Great choice for anniversaryMarFamDined on 10/31/2014First time at Council Oak and although it is pricey it was terrific for a special occasion. Our waiter was great. He did a great job with recommendations but was not pushy. Food portions are large so share everything so you can try more variety. We could have easily shared a steak as well. Look forward to another opportunity to go! We will ask for a table with view of the kitchen next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnermontskierDined on 10/31/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! Steaks and lobster are notable. The escargot is the best we have eaten.
- Second time is a charmJreyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Myself and several business partners had visited council Oak within the last month. Our experience was less than stellar. After agreeing to go back and give the restaurant a second chance it was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownFoodie22Dined on 10/26/2014Can't go wrong with the surf & turf. Unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceCamiDined on 10/24/2014Our service was perfect, food delicious and fun time had by all. If you haven't been, you must try Council Oak Steak. Make sure to have the steak!Special Features:
- Kia1Dined on 10/21/2014Great place for dinner with great friends will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The second time we have been and was even better than the first. Smart trained knowledgable waiting staff and great food. Portions huge so careful on the sides.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience2leftyDined on 10/20/2014The food was excellent. The flavors, presentation, and service was the very best. We enjoyed not being rushed, the music in the background, and the attention our server gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous meal!allaboutthefoodDined on 10/19/2014Can't go wrong! Food will bring you back over and over again! Staff is great, from entrance to exit!Special Features:
- cinbillDined on 10/19/2014Again another great meal. We always look forward to going to the Council Oak, just wish we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the experience was very goodlen44Dined on 10/19/2014The food/wine was very good but a little overpriced! If you want to spend a nice nite out for a anniversary or birthday then this is a great place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary destinationldunlapDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great; food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No problemsRFCarmelVIPDined on 10/17/2014Richard, server, very friendly and helpful! Food was delicious and served timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimberly RomanskiPerfectDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner prior to attending a concert. Great service. Beautiful setting. Each person had a different entrée and each meal was perfectly prepared. Wine selection is outstanding. Our server, Chris, was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged beef & truffle fries!MAMdinesDined on 10/16/2014What more could one want, but there are so many choices whether you are a meat or seafood eater! The sides are luxurious & there's a great selection of sauces or toppings for your meat as well. We were celebrating my Mom's 85th birthday and she loved combining two of her favorite activities, p,aging the slots & having a great steak dinner.Special Features:
- Aged Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Always a great meal. The Bone-in Ribeye is always delicious and melts in your mouth. Portion is generous!Special Features:
- billcDined on 10/11/2014It was everything we expected. Great food, great wind, great service, not inexpensive but worth what we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food!CLWfdfnVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was great, Food is great! $$$$$ worth the price for a special occasion or a great night out.Special Features:
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014The best Steak in Tampa. The view of kitchen is wondwerful entertainment . Great Wines Great Staff. Had a the best time watching them cook. Better steak than all steakhouses in Tampa and than go gambleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceanniversarydinnerDined on 10/9/2014From the wine, to the appetizers, the side dishes, the steaks & the desserts, there wasn't one element of the dinner that was out of place. Everything was well prepared & spot on. The prices may be a little steep, but you are paying for a well crafted dinner. We had the bacon appetizer then french onion soup. For dinner, I had the lamb chops, the wife had the long bone ribeye. Side dishes were button mushrooms, asparagus & baked potatoes. For dessert, we had the creme brulee. Everything we order was excellent & well prepared. Its not cheap, but well worth it for the special occasion or if you have money to blow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices WAY too highkathyDined on 10/8/2014The food was good, but the prices are entirely too high. I've had steak just as good at reasonably priced chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Superb!MamaNanaof5Dined on 10/4/2014Its been a few months since we last dined at Council Oak...we tried a new item: Bone-in Filet which was superb! Waiter states it may be added to the menu! All the sides we ordered were well cooked and well seasoned: Lobster & mac had huge pieces of lobster, brussell sprouts and bacon was awesome, potatoes, delish!! Lobster tail was undercooked and was removed from our bill. Service was impeccable. We definitely will be back! However, overall in the Casino and Restaurant, the smoke is getting very bad, seems the exhaust systems are not as useful as they have been in the past.Special Features:
- Pricy but worth it.MarfreeDined on 10/4/2014Very nice Restaurant for dining at the Hard Rock Casino Tampa. Slightly pricey but the service and food are worth it. Although my husband and I expected it to be fine dining it was typical of most restaurants today; people in shorts, jeans, loud voices, etc. The food was worthy of fine dining by the ambiance was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We have dined here twice and both times were wonderful. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.