Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
5223 Orient Rd
Tampa, FL 33610Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants/co
- Phone: 8136277625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wine
- Entertainment: The Council Oak Lounge offers live entertainment seven days a week and has a full bar and relaxing atmosphere.
A word from Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is Tampa's number one destination for prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list served in a contemporary upscale atmosphere. In the mood for steak? How about a 100% U.S.D.A. prime? All dry aged 21 to 28 days, cut right in our very own on-site butcher shop. If you're feeling like seafood, you can sample any one of our fresh fish, line-caught right here in Florida. Our Alaskan King Crab legs are right from the Bering Sea and our custom saltwater tanks keep the live Maine lobsters fresh. Complement your meal with a visit to the Council Oak Lounge where you can listen to live entertainment nightly, enjoy our Lounge menu and our superb specialty drink list or a fine cigar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)romantic (63)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (40)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Second time is a charmJreyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Myself and several business partners had visited council Oak within the last month. Our experience was less than stellar. After agreeing to go back and give the restaurant a second chance it was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Can't go wrong with the surf & turf. Unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceCamiDined on 10/24/2014Our service was perfect, food delicious and fun time had by all. If you haven't been, you must try Council Oak Steak. Make sure to have the steak!Special Features:
- Kia1Dined on 10/21/2014Great place for dinner with great friends will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The second time we have been and was even better than the first. Smart trained knowledgable waiting staff and great food. Portions huge so careful on the sides.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience2leftyDined on 10/20/2014The food was excellent. The flavors, presentation, and service was the very best. We enjoyed not being rushed, the music in the background, and the attention our server gave us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous meal!allaboutthefoodDined on 10/19/2014Can't go wrong! Food will bring you back over and over again! Staff is great, from entrance to exit!Special Features:
- cinbillDined on 10/19/2014Again another great meal. We always look forward to going to the Council Oak, just wish we could go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the experience was very goodlen44Dined on 10/19/2014The food/wine was very good but a little overpriced! If you want to spend a nice nite out for a anniversary or birthday then this is a great place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary destinationldunlapDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great; food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No problemsRFCarmelVIPDined on 10/17/2014Richard, server, very friendly and helpful! Food was delicious and served timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimberly RomanskiPerfectDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner prior to attending a concert. Great service. Beautiful setting. Each person had a different entrée and each meal was perfectly prepared. Wine selection is outstanding. Our server, Chris, was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged beef & truffle fries!MAMdinesDined on 10/16/2014What more could one want, but there are so many choices whether you are a meat or seafood eater! The sides are luxurious & there's a great selection of sauces or toppings for your meat as well. We were celebrating my Mom's 85th birthday and she loved combining two of her favorite activities, p,aging the slots & having a great steak dinner.Special Features:
- Aged Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Always a great meal. The Bone-in Ribeye is always delicious and melts in your mouth. Portion is generous!Special Features:
- billcDined on 10/11/2014It was everything we expected. Great food, great wind, great service, not inexpensive but worth what we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food!CLWfdfnVIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was great, Food is great! $$$$$ worth the price for a special occasion or a great night out.Special Features:
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014The best Steak in Tampa. The view of kitchen is wondwerful entertainment . Great Wines Great Staff. Had a the best time watching them cook. Better steak than all steakhouses in Tampa and than go gambleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceanniversarydinnerDined on 10/9/2014From the wine, to the appetizers, the side dishes, the steaks & the desserts, there wasn't one element of the dinner that was out of place. Everything was well prepared & spot on. The prices may be a little steep, but you are paying for a well crafted dinner. We had the bacon appetizer then french onion soup. For dinner, I had the lamb chops, the wife had the long bone ribeye. Side dishes were button mushrooms, asparagus & baked potatoes. For dessert, we had the creme brulee. Everything we order was excellent & well prepared. Its not cheap, but well worth it for the special occasion or if you have money to blow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices WAY too highkathyDined on 10/8/2014The food was good, but the prices are entirely too high. I've had steak just as good at reasonably priced chain restaurants.Special Features:
- Superb!MamaNanaof5Dined on 10/4/2014Its been a few months since we last dined at Council Oak...we tried a new item: Bone-in Filet which was superb! Waiter states it may be added to the menu! All the sides we ordered were well cooked and well seasoned: Lobster & mac had huge pieces of lobster, brussell sprouts and bacon was awesome, potatoes, delish!! Lobster tail was undercooked and was removed from our bill. Service was impeccable. We definitely will be back! However, overall in the Casino and Restaurant, the smoke is getting very bad, seems the exhaust systems are not as useful as they have been in the past.Special Features:
- Pricy but worth it.MarfreeDined on 10/4/2014Very nice Restaurant for dining at the Hard Rock Casino Tampa. Slightly pricey but the service and food are worth it. Although my husband and I expected it to be fine dining it was typical of most restaurants today; people in shorts, jeans, loud voices, etc. The food was worthy of fine dining by the ambiance was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We have dined here twice and both times were wonderful. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomahawksteakvetDined on 10/2/2014My husband just came home from overseas and I wanted to treat him to a special dinner. He loves his steak so when he ordered the cowboy long bone I was not surprised. He started drooling before we were even seated after staring in awe at the butcher shop. When his steak arrived he was like a kid at Christmas! Everything was excellent and his initials were burned into the bone. I enjoyed my chicken and the smoked sea salt was heavenly.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant bad WeatherSteveDined on 9/27/2014As we walked up to the hostess stand the ceiling in the dinning room fell in from all the rain. We were able to find seats at the bar and ate our dinner there just before the closed the kitchen. The food and service was very good. I will go back and hopefully be able to sit in the dinning room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water leak put a damper on our mealkacneDined on 9/27/2014My wine was fine, husbands Margarita had to be sent back as too watery tasting and then it still tasted like it was missing something. His Strip steak wasn't as flavorful or tender as he thought it would be and the Brussel Sprouts were under cooked. His chopped salad was excellent. My lobster was steamed and brought whole to the table with a small fork and a claw cracker. I was left to rip the tail from the body and the claws were huge. Having difficulty from the heat the waiter came to take over and free the meat. He also took the cracker and fork!! Made the little legs too hard to capture any meat. creamed spinach was delish. Would have be nice to have a hot cloth to keep my hands clean. I had to ask for one when I was finishedSpecial Features:
- The food was great.montskierDined on 9/26/2014I felt like I was in a wonderful New York restaurant. Shrimp cocktail, escargots, and lobster !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and musicgracieDined on 9/26/2014Food was good but too pricey! The service was great. The best was Taylor John Trio what a great band! Would come back for them!Special Features:
- Great steakharryh813Dined on 9/26/2014Had the 26 oz bone-in Cowboy Rib eye and it was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. My brother in law ordered the New York Strip and we traded tastes. The New York Strip was delicious but the flavor and tenderness of the rib eye was much better. We had the creamed spinache as an appetizer and that was some of the best creamed spinach I ever had.Special Features:
- Chef's grilling skills lackingDisappointedDined on 9/21/2014I took my mother here for her 82nd birthday. She likes her steaks well-done (not good, but that is her preference). The filet had to be butterflied and what she received looked like a charcoal briquette. After all the spin on how they age their steaks and the qualify, why would they want to cook the meat so long that it was dried up like a piece of leather. I wanted to return it; but, she didn't want me to make a fuss over it. How that piece of meat was allowed to leave the kitchen and be served, I can't imagine. Shame on the kitchen and our server!
- First time visitBirthdaysteakDined on 9/21/2014For my husbands birthday he had been begging to go so we planned and it did not disappoint the food was out of this word good. From the gourmet butters (yum!) to the artisan cheese and cured meats, FYI they pickle there own pickels and peppers. Lobster bisque was decadent and my grouper with watermelon topping sounds wired but it was surprisingly fanominal. I love being surprised! However the ony complaint was I could still smell the smoke from the casino in the restaurant yuk! And let me tell you I dressed like a 10, well not nessAsary since many people come in from the casino to dine. Oh well. Also bring a lot of money to pay your bill but it's worth it if you are a foodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed with foodDisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Called to complain the night after. Never received a response from manager. Steak was under cook & lobster over cooked. Best thing of the entire MEAL was bread and espresso. Will never go back.Special Features:
- FoodLightningFanDined on 9/17/2014I ordered a steak with lobster mac and cheese. Apparently the waiter (Richard) forget the lobster mac and cheese and served it as dessert. Dismal.
- Treat yourself, once a month!MissJR727Dined on 9/12/2014Best steak dinner in town and pretty good everything else. Only thing that was not prepard to what I was familiar with was the lobster bisque. Rich satisfying soup but needed the real piece of lobster to really bring out the soup. Great place! I try to treat myself here, once a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak done rightFoodhackDined on 9/5/2014The star was definitely the steak. We started off with an ahi tuna app and had the surf and turf w lobster jambalaya side. The ahi was ok as was the jambalaya. The lobster part of the surf an turf was over cooked but still very tasty. The steak was fantastic. I had a very good fish plate the first time I dined here. However the streak is just special. I wouldn't have anything else for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the priceMrD62Dined on 9/5/2014Had reservation and seated immediately. They make a very strong cocktail. Had steak tartar and tuna appetizers, very good. Wife got the twin lobster tails and I had New York strip and we shared. The tails were huge and the steak cooked perfectly. Nice decor. We were too full to order desert. Service was good. No dress code enforced. Great for special occasion because it is pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Disappointed!PattycakesDined on 8/31/2014We have been here on several occasions and it used to be our favorite restaurant. It wasn't great last time but we thought we would try again, very disappointed! The lobster tails ($70.00) were over cooked and dry, lobster Mac and cheese used to be the best pasta I ever had, dry! Caesar salad was great! Service was slow, is this why our food all seemed to be over cooked? Whatever it was we probably won't go back! For $200.00 plus dollars really a disappointment!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014THEY TOOK THE BEST DESSERT OFF THE MENU, NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I think that the prices were rather high and everything was ala cart. The steak I had which was a strip steak was not exceptional for the price. I have had better elsewhere. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...like a good playbrossDined on 8/27/2014Council Oaks brings it every night! Great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- They couldn't care lessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I went to Council Oak like we had monthly previously. This time was awful and changed our mind on going back. The server was awful. I remembered that she use to work in the poker room and I have no idea how she got this job but she's awful. We told her straight away before ordering food that my husband was allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts. She said "K" and then stood there. We ordered steak tar tar and told her NO EGG. It came out with egg yolk crumpled on the plate and then when I said what is that?? She said oh there's eggs in there but I removed the egg on top....what!?? Then, my husband orders a side of corn and asparagus with entree. Both had egg or cream...no manager came to apologize. No responsibility. HORRIBLE