Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse
600 S. 21st St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (719) 466-8240
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Brewery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for 10-1000 from an intimate cocktail reception to a pre-game BBQ at the AFA, Colorado Mountain Brewery will insure your get-together will be an extraordinary event. Contact and ask for our Event Coordinator.
- Private Party Facilities: Our outdoor patio is anchored by a see-through 8" wide fireplace and includes a direct view to Pike's Peak. The patio can serve 80 seated guests for a uniquely gorgeous dining experience, or up to 120 for a casual cocktail reception. Colorado Mountain Brewery also provides a private dining experience on our upstairs mezzanine. Access is limited, and includes private restrooms as well as a dedicated bar. The mezzanine can be additionally split to include a more intimate dining space that has full internet capacity as well as a 70" HDTV screen for business or personal presentations. Seating on the mezzanine includes parties of 12-120. Finally, Colorado Mountain Brewery can potentially accommodate up to 400 by making the entire facility available to a single group on select days or evenings. Consider CMB when planning your wedding ceremony/reception, or class reunion.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Dehner 7194668240
A word from Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse
Colorado Mountain Brewery…. Good Food, View and a Fresh Microbrewed Beer! Brewpub doesn’t begin to define the cuisine or atmosphere our establishment has set for guests who crave a famous Colorado craft beer. Accompanied by an awe-inspiring view of Pikes Peak, our fare will entice every palate from the fastidious foodie to the most discerning craft brew connoisseur. A tasty cup of our famous Triple Cheese Beer Soup leads to a savory local Rocky Mountain game plate complemented by our brewmaster's original seasonal pint. From hoppy to malty, we've brewed an array that will tempt the followers of the ever-expanding craft brew industry as well as a few flavors to lure the novice taster. Come celebrate our beautiful summer days from a patio table perfectly laid out for the pure enjoyment of a classic Colorado scene and a fresh hand crafted beer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very pleasedMygirlss2Dined on 11/9/2014I made a reservation based off word of mouth that this restaurant was worth a try. We had visitors in town from the East Coast. I wanted somewhere they could experience colorado brewed beer and colorado food. It was warm, inviting, food was fabulous, and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014We have eaten here numerous times and have always had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute ChoiceColoradoDined on 10/30/2014My daughter and I were looking for a restaurant at the last minute. We found Colorado Mountain Brewery on OpenTable. The food was very good, and the wait staff were attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Great Serviceob1pc2Dined on 10/27/2014Made two visits with two separate groups of friends. On the first visit I tried the cheeseburger with bacon, which was a great disappointment--the bun was very dry. I usually don't use any condiments, but I have had burgers from just about everywhere and they were mostly still juicy without the condiments. On the second visit I tried the Fish & Chips, which was probably the best I've ever eaten. That meal more than made up for the substandard cheeseburger on the previous visit. In the half dozen or so times that we have dined at the Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse table service has always exceeded expectations. We highly recommend this eating establishment.Special Features:
- Love.foodgroupieDined on 9/13/2014We love this place and choose it for lunches, dinners, groups, dates, a quick drink at the bar … Just love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014One of my favorite Springs goto places for outstanding food, beer, and professional service. The latest outing to the restaurant as usual was no different from the first visit - From the initial drink order to after dessert cordials was outstanding. Our server Meagan gets a special shout out as our new favorite for her exceptionally outstanding service and making the evening truly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our reservation was honored upon arriving and we were seated in a nice spot. Our waitress was particularly effective and knowledgeable about the beer and food. The food was excellent. My brother who was visiting from Houston particularly liked the nachos.Special Features:
- AllaboutdessertDined on 8/18/2014The food is always great. The Bread Pudding is to die for....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To Try Out Micro-BrewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014I just returned back home from a 2 year deployment from Afghanistan and I wanted to find a great place for Micro-Brews and great food and atmosphere and the Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse was a perfect fit for me and my group.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Colorado Mountain Brewery at the Roundhouse reviews archive.
- Great local beer and food!guarunnerDined on 7/22/2014We've been here before and they have certainly improved their service in comparison to when this location opened up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed the unique food options beer, but everything was just alright. We were sat by the kitchen and the servers just huddled there talking and joking unprofessionally. Our server wasn't very attentive especially because it was our first time.
- Prime Rib French DipOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2014First time I didn't like it. Meat was all dried out. Not tender like the last time I ordered it. Hope this was a one time occurance
- 40yrloveDined on 6/15/2014Food was great. Hostess had no record of my reservation and tried to place us in the bar seating area, however, my 3-year granddaughter could not handle the high seat, so after some discussion, they moved us to the main dinning room. Server or kitchen forgot my wife's dinner order. When delivered, it was wrong, so manager ensured they got it right the second time and removed cost of meal from bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better ExperienceTravelerVIPDined on 6/8/2014Overall, a much more favorable experience than last time. Food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service for Large GroupStitchDined on 5/27/2014We visited as a large family group for a special occasion. The weather was iffy, but the staff set us up outside as the air was nice and several people wanted to be there. The staff assured us they could move us inside if the rains came. After a very pleasant cocktail/appetizer hour, just as the food came, so did the rain. Indeed the staff quickly made a large table for us and the food was nicely and promptly presented at the correct temperature. Everyone enjoyed the food and a nice celebration continued. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ConcernsTravelerVIPDined on 5/26/2014(1) Had to ask for manager to clear up our Open Table Reservation. The host said my reservation was not in their system, although I showed them the confirmed reservation on my smart phone. The host's response was "Open Table doesn't always work". I had to ask for the manager three different times to clear this up. Ultimately, this was not cleared up until I contacted Open Table. (2) The food order delivered was incorrect and needed to be rectified. (3) Although the restaurant did not appear crowded, I was not given attention to take my order in a timely manner (almost 10min waiting, after sitting down).
- Slow ServiceSevvDined on 5/24/2014I will start off saying I have been to this restaurant before and had no problem, but that was not the case on this occasion. We were seated at our table and waited 15 minutes before our server came to the table to take our drink order even though there were servers going to all the tables around us. We then had to wait another 45 minuted to get our food. Other customers that were seated 20 minutes after our group were receiving their food. We were then told that the kitchen was having problems by our server and that the manager was aware of the problem. The manager apologized and comped us our 3 beers but charged us for a fourth that we never ordered. However the food was prepared well and was delicious. All in all a disappointing visit.
- Disappointed1992texDined on 5/10/2014I guess we we're expecting something more elegant, but it was like going to a bar a lot of drunk noise people. Only the burgers were good but the rest of the food was awfull.
- Disappointing for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The bison poppers were amazing! We went for for the bone in Ribeye listed on the company website and they no longer have it. My husband then chose the bison meatloaf which they were out of. I got the filet mignon and my husband got the new York strip...both were cooked properly but lacked flavor. The Brussel sprouts were the best thing we ate and it was a side. Wouldn't go back for the price.Special Features:
- fun place for dinnerKatheyVIPDined on 4/24/2014We went with our kids for dinner. It was very busy but we had a reservation, so we did not have a wait. The waitress was very nice and helpful. The food was good. Because the atmosphere is busy and sort of loud, the kids did not have to worry about being quiet and they really enjoyed eating here.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Beer, Great PizzascottDined on 4/22/2014We often eat at home, and usually eat very clean and organic, so most restaurants leave us not feeling so great. But Colorado Mountain Brewery is not most restaurants. Most of the food is very good, but the pizza really stands out for us. Im not sure if they have a wood burning brick oven or what, but we drive 45 minutes on purpose, for their beer and pizza. Their micro brews are good, Uni-Brau Hefe is my favorite, and the service is always great.
- Easter BrunchwemathVIPDined on 4/20/2014Rubber eggs, cold bacon, stale bread couple with slow/inattentative service (for which a 20% tip was automatically added)....would have been far better off at Golden Corral!
- Primo prime ribZakieChanDined on 4/17/2014The prime rib literally changed my life. Sorry for the language, but god damn it was good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYummyDined on 4/15/2014Best prime rib I have had in years. Wait staff was excellent. Cant wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Evening with FriendsDinerFoodDined on 3/29/2014We had dinner with friends on an early Saturday night. The service was good and we felt comfortable to sit and chat for a while after our meal was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but … almost too bigSailingonrooftopsDined on 3/17/2014Set in a old stone building which used to be a railroad maintenance or transfer station, the space is huge. And though beautiful in many ways, it is so huge that it lacks a feeling of warmth. The food is solid, but not exceptional. You really can't go wrong - might be ideal for a large group business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Brew, and ViewsciguyDined on 3/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed visiting this brewery/restaurant, located in the historic railroad roundhouse building in Colorado Springs. It not only provides fine food and service at a moderate price, but the service was also excellent. I only had an opportunity to sample their on-site brewed amber ale, but it was flavorful. The contemporary decor was tastefully done, even though located within an historic building. The high, open ceilings added to the atmosphere, but the acoustics made it a bit loud for quiet conversation. A large glassed-in area permitted viewing some of the brewing apparatus. The long, semicircular bar was impressive. We requested, and got, a table near a window facing Pikes Peak. We higly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Birthday DinnerTrishDined on 3/10/2014This place was really wonderful from the front desk staff to the wait staff to other staff who stopped by to see if we needed any help. The food was excellent and the menu was varied. My husband had a Ruben and chose from the dinner menu. It was my husband's birthday and he got a free dessert at the end of the meal, plus he got to taste some of their brew and enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, beer and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Buffalo meatloaf was great. Ran out of my favorite stout but backup was good. Confusing over who was our server and getting someone's attention, otherwise a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Good Nott GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014A good experience, but fair service made this experience worse then expected. The food is good and beers are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Food and hand craftedFoodieDined on 12/31/2013Service, Food and hand crafted Beers were very good. I would suggest this place to anyone wanting a Colorado experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceVickiDined on 12/31/2013This was my 3rd visit to the Colorado Mountain Brewery, and everytime has been a great experience. The staff are friendly, service is great, and the food is fantastic. Keep up the good work and I will be a consistent customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with wellingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Have eaten here several times before and everything has been good. Tried the meatloaf Wellington on New Year's Eve and was disappointed. It was dry and bland tasting.Special Features:
- only had lunchnancypants60Dined on 12/31/2013We could see the beautiful mountains from where we sat. Love that! Our waiter was attentive, the food was great & the menu had some unique choices that sounded great. I'd love to go again. The only thing I wished for was that our Mother, celebrating her 90th birthday that day, 1/31, was offered a free dessert or a song. She wore a 90th pin and other waiters did give their best wishes. That was noted & much appreciated. We absolutely would come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Service was fantastic and the food was great. They were really busy when we arrived early, but our table was waiting for us exactly as we had requested. The view from the table was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Visitdogs2luvDined on 12/2/2013This was the first time that anyone in our party had been to the Roundhouse. We loved the décor and the large fireplaces. We sat in the bar area and it was very comfortable. Our waitress was fantastic, our food and beverages came quickly and as glasses became empty she was right there filling them up. The food was very good and the portions were large, we all took home boxes. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for good food, a mid-day lunch, anytime place to come. The bar also had plenty of TV's to watch sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdianeDined on 11/21/2013easily accessed, friendly staff, good food but noise level is a little highSpecial Features:
- Awesome Place!MichaelDined on 9/2/2013Colorado Mountain Brewery was simply awesome. Great food, great service, absolutely great beer! My wife and I were curious why they received a couple of bad ratings on UrbanSpoon, as we are both foodies and were totally impressed! One of our best stops in the 10-12 places we ate during our trip! Highly recommend anyone to dine hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely visitaleloverDined on 9/2/2013I had been to Colorado Mountain Brewery before, but never at this location. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The building itself is beautiful and it was a great meeting place for my friends and I. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wind Downbirdlady1Dined on 9/1/2013A good place to wind down at week's end. Our group of 4 had salmon salad, salmon, prime rib and a 1/2 rack of ribs. Everyone was satisfied with their meal. Several different beers were tried well liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.