Christakis Greek Cuisine
13011 Newport Ave
Tustin, CA 92780Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Christakis Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.christakisgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: 7147316600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Sarah N. Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You are more than welcome to rent out the restaurant for private events. The night of the event will determine the cost of the room fee.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Wallace 7147316600
- Entertainment: The amazing Amir and the fantastic Isamu, both play European music with a certain panache and flair, all while with a comforting sound to the ear.You will feel at home with both of these masterful musicians.
Wednesday Amir 6 to 9 & Thursday, Friday and Saturday Isamu 6 to 9
A word from Christakis Greek Cuisine
On April 1, 1996, Yanoula Christakis Wallace opened the doors of Christakis, a restaurant that represented her homeland and the passion she felt towards her culture. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch or celebrating a special event, Christakis Greek Cuisine is the place to enjoy traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Since 1996, we’ve used only the finest and freshest ingredients to create traditional Greek cuisine. Today, the family at Christakis continues to bring the authentic spirit and warmth of Greece to Orange County.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Christakis Greek Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
Christakis Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (18)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- LUVGDFOODDined on 10/15/2014I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THIS RESTRAURANT FOR YEARS! HOWEVER, HAVE NOT BEEN BK. FOR ABOUT 2 YRS. I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE FOOD. THREE OF THE ENTREES WERE VERY DRY. GREEN BEANS WERE WAY TOO OVERDONE AND LIMP. RICE WAS TOO RUNNY! THE SERVICE IS STILL GREAT!Special Features:
- Great jem in TustinJimH8Dined on 10/12/2014Wonderful little place tucked away in a nicely kept strip center in Tustin. Service is exceptional. Food is wonderful, with a great wine list. A little patio area outside is very nice at night. A place we will go to often.Special Features:
- Highly SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Our table was set up outside when we got there with water at every place setting. The food was delicious and since my grandmother (the birthday girl) like white wine and lamb, the waiter was extremely helpful in finding a white wine to go with lamb and even let us taste one to help with the decision. I've been to this restaurant several times and it is always a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Find & CuisineTomcat88VIPDined on 9/27/2014While visiting Southern California we had the taste for Greek food. When making reservations at "Christakis" we had no idea we would stumble upon such fine restaurant tucked away in Tustin. Our experience was excellent!! The rack of lamb and pastitsio, plus assorted feta cheese and olive dishes were just perfect. "Scott" was a very attentive waiter, but also warm and friendly with his recommendations and service. Don't miss the opportunity to try Greek wines by the glass... we expressly enjoyed the Santorini reds available. If you are in the area give this small local restaurant a try. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Christakis is a diamond in the rough. Very charming and intimate with a nice outdoor patio. Excellent Greek cuisine and attentive staff. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisine - very authenticfoodfindsDined on 9/25/2014A lovely surprise. Very hospitable and excellent service. The food was wonderful and authentic tho with a unique touch. The only drawback was that the restaurant closed at nine so no late nite drinking, eating and chatting. Also loved the guitarist and classical music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ColleenDined on 9/20/2014We were delighted to find this neighborhood gem. We drove to this Tustin restaurant from Newport and had a beautiful lunch. Michael, our server was helpful describing some of the entrees to us. It was well worth our drive, we enjoyed the food. The authentic offerings were a great value. We'll be back to taste some other entrees we didn't order.Special Features:
- North Tustin FoodieLuvNoTuVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been coming to Christakis since they opened. Having lived in the area most my life I can say this is a real OC gem. If you are looking for a great Greek dining experience or any great food I highly recommended Christakis. Consistently outstanding food (lamb chops CANNOT be beat), excellent service at a fair price makes this a go-to spot for my wife and I. We visit a few times per month and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luckyroseDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our first visit here and will return soon. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Greek food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Lamb chops were excellent! Service was friendly! You feel like you've come to visit at a Greek family's homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGreateatsDined on 8/22/2014If you like Greek food, you must try Christakis restaurant! The food is delicious and savory. From the appetizers to the soup, salads, entrees and desserts, every course is outstanding. My husband and I dine here at least once a month, and comment after every bite how great the flavors are! We always bring our out of town guests here for a special treat and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Owned GemTomMDined on 8/17/2014I have eaten at Christakis 6 times now. Every meal has been very good. The service has always been outstanding and the family that runs the restaurant are fabulous. If the weather is nice I suggest dining on the patio.Special Features:
- Its All Greek To MeCoachGVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been going to this place for 35 years and the family has maintained the taste , selection and value while striving to keep up the friendly atmosphere. Don't miss this experience. Best greek in Orange CountySpecial Features:
- Great find.TryanewrestaurantDined on 8/16/2014We went there to try out something new and thoroughly enjoyed the food and dining experience. Just nice relaxed casual outdoor sitting area with water fountain, clean tables with white table cloth, comfortable chairs, and real live acoustic guitar music. I thought it was recorded music but there was a live guitarist sitting around the corner by indoor dining area. Just to top it off the food was really great. No matter how great the ambience if the food is bad I don't go back but this restaurant is worth returning just to try out different menu. I'm not a Greek and don't know much about Greek food other than gyros but walked out of there feeling I got a taste of what Greek is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gent60ishDined on 8/1/2014quite good reasonably price for the food and atmosphere definably make reservations ask for outsideSpecial Features:
- eileenDined on 7/24/2014consistently excellent - couple by couple, we are bringing all our friends.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Christakis Greek Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great Rack of Lamb!VasiliDined on 6/15/2014Stick with the exceptional Greek cuisine at this restaurant. The specials were not Greek and not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not like!!AlbaDined on 6/15/2014Food was not good, far from Greek tasting... The music was terrible,so sad... Greek are happy places!!ibwill ever come back norbrecommendbthis place to any body.
- Instant FavoritemattehawkDined on 6/4/2014My wife and I have a short list of favored restaurants that we frequent for any occasion. After finally getting a chance t dine at Christakis, we have a new favorite on our list. The service is excellent, and the staff is very friendly and personable. The food was excellent, and the wine list is diverse enough to suit your any palate. I'm always on the lookout for really good baklava. I buikt a love for it when I was about 4, and theirs is superb. I've been here a few times now, tried different dishes and wines, lunch and dinner, inside and outside, and Christakis deserves the top rating in every regard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- degostallionVIPDined on 5/17/2014OK, Food was great..... Service was rushed.... very quiet......Special Features:
- excellent Greek cusinecadavevDined on 5/11/2014Since moving to ca from NY 19 yrs ago few Greek restaurant have measured up. This one did food was fantastic. The baklava for desert was not saw dust it was amazing like my grandmother used to make. The Moussaka and soulvaki were excellent. Great service and great prices will drive me back to this restaurant. If you want a good meal this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authenticRinkaDined on 5/6/2014Great, authentic greek food in a caring, family, atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014i had dinner a few weeks ago and the food was great. this time, i had the chicken gyro with salad. the chicken was dry like jerky. the waitress switched it out for lamb which was much better. i thought there should be more lettuce and vegetables in the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of foodDisappointedDined on 4/27/2014Our party had different entrees, but the food was not flavorful at all. It used to be much better than it was on this visit.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014The service was wonderful... And timing for food delivery was perfect. The food was served so hit, a pleasant change from most restaurants! Lamb chops were so nicely seasoned!! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek FestbfjetsetterVIPDined on 4/9/2014Our group of four was delighted by the friendly service and outdoor dining area. The lovely guitar music was a plus, though we understand the music is livelier on the weekends. Overall, the food was quite good. Our personal palates have lots of experience with Greek food and a few items were a bit bland for us, but there was nothing wrong with them. The menu has lots to choose from and we will return without hesitation to enjoy some of the other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek food worthy of the godsMohrysDined on 4/8/2014If you love Greek you'll love Christakis! They do EVERYTHING superb but you absolutely must try their house salad dressing - the color and flavor are amazing!! Try it..you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service & Good Foodtw3retireeDined on 3/10/2014A very nice little place with very good and friendly service. An excellent menu with good diversity. Some really tasty items. Try the salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNodinewhinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014With every course and every visit this place delivers. For those of you who don't like the noise and spectacle of belly dancing, then maybe this isn't your place for a weekend dinner. Otherwise, very worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opa!TinaDined on 3/1/2014The food at Christakis is amazing. I had the Mousaka, which was laced with subtle spices and a bechamel sauce that was almost mousse-like in consistency. Lovely flavor and texture. My friend enjoyed the Pastitsio, which he said was the best Greek mac & cheese ever. The guitar player added just enough music to enhance the experience, but not so loud that it interfered with conversation. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeWillieDined on 2/14/2014we had a wonderful dinner with impeccable service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDenisDined on 2/14/2014This has now become a regular stop for my wife's birthday and Valentines Day. It is superb and the owner, brother, and wife all are there to make sure the food and the service are the best. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Greek FoodGreekGirlDined on 2/7/2014We visit Christakis' often. The food is always consistently good and very good service. It is a family owned and operated restaurant that values its customers and the quality of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, friendly restaurantOTaurusDined on 2/4/2014Food was ok but a little bit on the expensive side. My husband & I were not very impress of their falafel. It was very grainy & dry. The rack of lamb was great but I think the best thing we had in their menu was their hummus & pita bread. Service was good. The servers were very friendly & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014This restaurant is amazing! The food is wonderful - not a bad thing on the menu. The dolmades are the best I've had, the hummus is smooth and flavorful and the baklava is a must have. Just a great family owned restaurant - they are kind, accommodating and attentive. We will be back again and agaim'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner & wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here on a Friday night. They had an incredible guitarist playing nice background music, suitable for the environment. We definitely feel like you get the money's worth of food & the service was great! The Lamb is a must-delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodBaseballDadDined on 1/26/2014We went there to celebrate my parents birthdays. We had a group of 9, and when we arrived, we were immediately seated to a table that that was especially prepared for our group. We were warmly greeted and were allowed to get all situated before service began. Things weren't rushed, which allowed us to enjoy our time together and our meal. The food was tremendous, and have a great wine list to go with their menu. Everything tasted so fresh. Everyone in our group loved it, and all want to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Authentic Greek!BdayDinner2014Dined on 1/25/2014I had a delightful dining experience here for my husband's birthday dinner. The pita bread & taramosolata appetizer was incredibly yummy. It was really hard to save room for the main course! Also loved the moussaka; it was perfectly spiced and delicate -- not overly starchy like at some other restaurants. Most of all, we loved the atmosphere. The quiet outdoor patio has a gentle fountain and lots of greenery dotted with soft white lights. The heaters by each table made it comfortable even in January. The service was warm and attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChatmalDined on 1/25/2014Beautiful ambience! Live entertainment really made a girls' night out feel like a special occasion! Everyone loved the food and wine. Those who'd planned to share, didn't because they liked their own dish so much. Our server was very helpful and attentive to food allergies in our group. The fresh hummus was really good, even all by itself. I'm sure all of us will return soon and continue to spread the word!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Christakis!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We discovered Christakis 3 years ago when we first moved to North Tustin from Atlanta, GA . It is hard to find those 'favorite restaurants' after making such a move so we are so pleased to have Christakis right in our area! We love bringing our out of town visitors and local Friends to Christakis. We often dine here with our 4.5 year old as well. The staff is wonderful and the food is fabulous! We would love to keep it our secret but given how crowded it was on Saturday...I guess the word is out. You must try Christakis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.