406 Main Street
Windsor, CO 80550Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chimneypark.com/
- Phone: 9706861477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Monday through Saturday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shaeffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chimney Park offers off site catering drop off and set up.
- Private Party Facilities: Chimney Park has two separate dining rooms and can be reserved for completely private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Shaeffer or James Gurley 9706861477
- Entertainment: Patio viewing Windsor Lake and Boardwalk Park open seasonally. Summer Concert Series features free live music at Boardwalk Park every Thursday evening in the summer months, concerts can easily be seen and heard from Chimney Park patio. Check Town of Windsor's website for a full list of events and activities.
A word from Chimney Park
Chimney Park Restaurant and Bar has a warm and inviting atmosphere combined with a straight forward approach to cuisine. The menu reflects seasonality and items produced within the region. Exceptional service and an award winning wine program will assure you an outstanding dining experience. Menus include an a la carte and 4 course chef's tasting. Chef and owner, Jason Shaeffer, embraces a refined but casual style in cuisine and dining. Shaeffer trained under renowned chefs Thomas Keller (Per Se) and Terrance Brennan (Artisanal) in New York City. He most recently opened 1500 Ocean at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego gaining local and national accolades. Chef Shaeffer's vision is to create a destination dining spot in Northern Colorado. Chimney Park Restaurant and Bar is conveniently located between Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley; Chimney Park is a short drive from I-25 to historic downtown Windsor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chimney Park - Best Restaurants in Windsor ›
Chimney Park reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (70)romantic (63)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (59)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (11)scenic view (8)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Overall, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014We were so happy with everything about Chimney Park. Can't say enough good things.Special Features:
- goodDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant is a wonderful find in northern Colorado.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed this experience very much. We each chose the Chef's Tasting, and the different combinations of ingredients and sauces was amazing. The Angus beef was outstanding, and the corn chowder soup with haddock was a knockout. We were there on a Monday evening, and the crowd was small which was enjoyable. Waitstaff was very knowledgable and courteous. We will look forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about this restaurant was superb. Worth the 1 hour drive from Denver. Casually elegant, and un-pretentious. The salmon entre was excellent and perfectly cooked. Every dish was creative, in both taste and presentation. Truly worthy of a 5 Star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Hands down, that was the best meal I have ever had! The entire experience was wonderful in every way. Our waiter was knowledgable, perceptive, gracious, accommodating, timely- simply fantastic! There really are no words to properly express how what a wonderful evening we had! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful EveningeatwhereDined on 8/22/2014You can't beat this restaurant. It is such a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's TastingPopsDined on 8/21/2014We had the Chef's tasting and it was excellent. Flavors, flavors, flavors! You can taste the farm to table that Chimney Park is known for. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- First visit in years ...VannolaDined on 8/16/2014We chose Chimney Park for our 50th anniversary dinner, based on a recommendation from a friend (we were there years ago.) Liked the understated interior décor. Considered sitting outside, but noticed several people constantly flapping at flies, so declined outside seating. Overall, the food was wonderful, especially the artichoke and crab soup. My scallop dish lacked flavor -- needed some zip. Husband declared his crab cakes and bass dinner excellent. Dessert was terrific and the coffee (Jackie's Java) was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. I especially enjoyed the subtle and low-decibel music selections -- it is rare anymore to find a restaurant where one can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful date night experiencehappywifeDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I decided to try out Chimney Park after many months of debating on going or not. We had the chef's choice. It was amazing! The food was delicious and having a surprise for each course was fun! We each had a completely different meal. This restaurant is definitely worth the slightly higher cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!rtbjjcDined on 8/15/2014Just spent our 10th anniversary at Chimney Park and had a wonderful experience. My husband loved the Black Angus Ribeye. I made some special requests from the chef; I tend to love vegetables and hoped he could tailor to my preferences. The entire experience was impressive - every dish was so beautiful and tasty and unique. This chef is obviously passionate about what he does and works to please those who eat here. We are looking forward to going back to Chimney Park again and would highly recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrnfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Have read multiple 5 star reviews from multiple sources and had to try for our anniversary. Had experienced a small tease from this amazing chef at 5 chefs and 5 farms dinner and was amazed. Dinner was incredible! We had the shrimp and grits and tuna tartare appetizer - highly recommend. The shrimp and grits my favorite. For our main course we both tried the colorado lamb 3 ways - belly, rub and tenderloin - we requested rare preparation and for the first time ever it was cooked to the true meaning of rare - Absolutely delicious. We opted to pass on dessert but were brought two delicious chocolate truffles in honor of our anniversary. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainScottishdmcDined on 8/12/2014Anniversary supper. Everyone friendly and professional. Scott was great and accommodating to our wishes. Food was Excellant and of right size. Recommended wine was very good. A place I would recommend to folks that appreciate great food and service.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner ever!FoodSceneDined on 8/11/2014We almost cancelled our reservation for my birthday dinner as the previous night we returned home to a broken pipe, water leak and a mess! After spending all night and day dealing with that we very nearly decided not to go out--boy would that have been a big mistake! From the moment we walked in and were seated we were able to take a deep breath and relax. James took such good care of us all evening and the food....ohhhhhh the food! Shrimp & grits appetizer--simply amazing! We shared the bison and the scallops which were both spectacular. James made the perfect suggestion for a lovely Pinot Noir. We've traveled pretty extensively and eaten many fine meals, but Chimney Park--right here in my home town-- is truly a "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- A Michelin starAMichelinloverDined on 8/10/2014A Michelin star hidden in Windsor. If you are a foodie, don’t cheat yourself off this great places, prices are fair, the vine list are out of this world, if you think about where you are. Surprises your wife, girlfriend or mother in law, give them a great taste of honest food made with love.Special Features:
- Best in the Front RangeDAaaVIPDined on 8/9/2014The most knowledgeable wait staff. The food is delicious too.Special Features:
- worth a trip to windsorfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Stunning design of restaurant, stunning presentation of food, fabulous taste. Steak beautifully prepared, medium rare as ordered. Fois Gras terrine was delicious, with that perfect silky texture. Scallop carpaccio not to be missed as well. Waiter paired some lovely wines. Best priced, most generous pour on a single malt ever. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice special occasionSherryDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was as well. I added a private note but it told me I exceeded the characters so I will just add here that the noise level was very high and we had a hard time having a conversation, which one would expect as such an expensive and high caliber restaurant.Special Features:
- Gourmet dining in WindsorBarbDined on 8/8/2014Always delicious and love having exquisite dining in our small town neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art on a PlateLizabethDined on 8/8/2014We've been eating at Chimney Park Bistro for over nine years and feel so fortunate that such an excellent restaurant is in our hometown of Windsor, Colorado! The menu changes with the seasons and Chef Jason taps into local sources for cheeses, veggies, etc. to work his wonders. Like a fine painting, he dishes up art on a plate with layers of intricate flavors and color. This restaurant is prime without being arrogant. The service is attentive, but not intrusive. Savor the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect dinnerthewheelDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time and we were wowed. Robert was our excellent host and server for the night. Very personable and attentive. A true professional. John, the Sou chef was on hand to make our meal an incredible journey of visually appealing and tasteful delights. (sorry for over doing it but this place is an amazing restaurant in our opinion) Having eaten at Bouchon in Napa, the sister restaurant to French Laundry, Chimney Park may not have the same ambiance/location of the wine country, but the food is over the top and the service made it that much more special for our anniversary. Thank you Robert and John. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Online Reservations Need WorkRussDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good. Service was very good. Staff was friendly and accommodating with the exception noted below. Open Table online reservation system was lacking. Limited to reservations at 8:15 pm but when we showed up at 7:00 pm for cocktails, were seated at the bar in our reserved seats which were available. No effort to find us a table and seating at the bar was not optimal. Otherwise, a good experience.
- Always wonderful!IreneVIPDined on 7/28/2014Enjoyed a delicious meal, service was fantastic and we always enjoy sitting on the patio! Always a great experience!Special Features:
- favorite placeHeatherDined on 7/26/2014this is always my favorite place to eat... i get excited when i know we are dining thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had an amazing time at Chimney Park… amazing food, service, atmosphere… everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Best food in northern Colorado, hands down. Very romantic atmosphere, wait staff are the best and most knowledgeable around. Couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalibutSandowDined on 7/24/2014Where else can you get fresh halibut? Says it all. Service is always excellent. Wine list is unbelievable for a small restaurant. Always love the Chef bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BebackDined on 7/23/2014As always...Need to go back soon to try the watermelon salad.Special Features:
- cmaderlucyloveitDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful dinner for my daughters 16th birthday. The food was excellent as will as the service. Will definitely be a first choice for special occasions. I liked the small size of the restaurant which lends to the special treatment by the staff. Loved it and can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- coni39Dined on 7/19/2014Outstanding food, atmosphere and service. One always at the top of our list. Very quiet with soft music - one can actually hear your table companions without a lot of shouting! Hope they never leave this charming neighborhood location.Special Features:
- Dr. OlsonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Best place to eat in Northern CO. Will compete with fine restaurants in Scottsdale and Phoenix where we spend much of our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for 20th anniversary!chipheaddaveDined on 7/16/20143rd time visiting here. We went for our 20th anniversary. Did the chefs special 4 course dinner plus the wine paring. Food was awesome and they definitely took our hints and preferences and worked them into a great occasion and night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Chimney ParkYummyDined on 7/12/2014This was my second time in three weeks at Chimney Park, celebrating special birthdays. The first was an intimate for two, which was perfect. The second was shared with family, which was a completely different experience but fabulous. In fact, for the latter celebration, we added four more people at the last minute, which was kindly accommodated. The hostess, our lovely server, James and everyone looked after us and the food, as always, was outstanding. Thank you for a brilliant evening!Special Features:
- Kittylover4catsDined on 7/9/2014Had the Tasting Menu with Wine Pairing. Superb! All four courses were wonderful!!! It's been our special occasion spot for years and years. We'll continue to dine there regularly.Special Features:
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/2/2014The chef's tasting menu and wine pairing is phenomenal-- it's an absolute delight for the senses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful treatfitnessmomDined on 6/20/2014We have been wanting to try the chef's tasting menu for awhile and it did not disappoint. It begins with sharing your likes, dislikes and allergies with the wait staff. Then sit back and be prepared to be amazed. We were given 5 courses, each paired with the perfect wine. Every course is like Christmas, though be sure to wear your Thanksgiving pants because you will devour every last bite. It's a pricey affair ($200 ish for two) but a must-experience even if you only have it just once.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday CelebrationYummyDined on 6/20/2014We celebrated my 50th birthday at Chimney Park. Everything was lovely - our server, James, the wine sommelier and our hostess. The food was spectacular. We asked for a few changes to our meal and the chef was very kind to oblige. I asked for a special table and we were given a great spot. We had an amazing evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- From ?? to WOWLovelandDinerDined on 6/20/2014This was our first time to Chimney Park. Was a bit worried with the brashness of the hostess when we arrived. Then we opted to sit outside, as it was a nice evening. After sitting for a few, it became apparent there was absolutely no ambiance outside - with the exception of listening to the cooks in the kitchen working. Made a mention to our waitress and she turned the music. Then the food started to arrive. It was heaven! The food made us forget all of the questions we had when we walked in. If you like good food, this is the place. We did the Chef's four course meal. Ate and greatly enjoyed many things we would never have ordered. Absolutely outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfoodieatheartDined on 6/20/2014Every time we go to Chimney Park Bistro, we have a wonderful meal. Their wine list is by far the best in Northern Colorado and the waiters know the list well. The food is amazing as well. The foie gras is impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you are into food, you will have a wonderful time. If you are not, it is worth exploration. You may become a foodie!Special Features:
- Northern SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014We had their 4 course tasting menu with matching wines, was wonderful. Our waiter made it fun and exciting, each course was a creation from the chef that was explained by our waiter completely. Best dinner including the food, wine, and service we've had.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodRestaurantfrequenterDined on 6/18/2014The food was great. Good selection and appropriate portions.Special Features: