6610 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chispacca.com/
- Phone: 3232971133x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY - FRIDAY
6pm - 11pm
5pm - 11pm
5pm - 10pm
Walk-Ins accommodated at on a first come, first-served basis
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Chad Colby
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Wine
A word from chi SPACCA
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
chi SPACCA - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
chi SPACCA reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (38)notable wine list (37)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (19)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Meat Lovers Paradiseluv2dineoutDined on 9/13/2014If you love your meats this place is for you. A great balanced menu from the mild to gamy fare. You definitely need to make a reservation. It's small but the space is laid out well. Gets a little noisy but not terrible. There is a small bar area usually held for walk-in's but you can request it when making reservations.Special Features:
- If only once, you must goJPFeinbergDined on 9/12/2014Eating at Chi Spacca was the best fine dining experience of my life. While I may not be a seasoned veteran of LA eateries, I have eaten in more than a couple of spots, and Chi Spacca blew them out of the water. Starting with the friendly hostess to the knowledge wait/serving staff. Each dish, when described, was much more than a list of ingredients; they would tell us about the history, process, and reason it was being served. The food was out-of-this-world. We ordered the Culatello. And then we immediately ordered another plate of it. The focaccia was unlike anything I've had before. And the porterhouse was BY FAR the best steak I've ever had. I'm now eating top ramen everyday to save up to go back.Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the first..KarenBVIPDined on 9/11/2014My second visit to Chi Spacca did not disappoint. The food was tremendous, delicious, and very memorable. The servers were very helpful and not territorial, they helped each other help us, which I find very refreshing. The servers are also very knowledgable about the dishes and the wine and helped greatly with our choices. The focaccia is amazing, salads delicious, the beef short ribs were a fabulous flavor bomb and fantastic. We will certainly be returning to Chi Spacca. My only complaint was that we rushed to be there by our reservation time and ended up waiting 35 minutes to be seated, which I really would have preferred to have departed my home later to avoid traffic across town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the small plates & atmosphereBrunchatMalbecDined on 9/1/2014Quaint and mighty! A nice spot for the lover of meat- open kitchen and ambiance is a great place to spend an evening with friends tasting the amazing flavors and homemade creations of the chefs. I look forward to a return visit to try some other items on the Menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar!GastronomitisticalVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love of food permeates everything about chiSpacca. Aside from each dish being better than the last, it is clear that everyone that works here loves food, loves being there specifically and have been impeccably trained to tell you anything and everything you may (or may not) want to know about the provenance of the food on the menu. The cheesy foccacia bread is not to be missed. Per our server, the chef spent 2 years perfecting the recipe and it is served on copper platters from Italy. The massive bone-in steaks will probably the best steak to ever melt in your mouth although you will probably be taking much of it home with you for lunch tomorrow. The simple butter lettuce salad was the perfect compliment. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeOneManDined on 8/29/2014well done! Food is amazing. A little too noisy. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YanaVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was absolutely great! From their own charcuterie to perfect lamb steak. Very generous portions by the way, we split the lamb. So the prices appears to be very reasonable. The service is very friendly and helpful with the menu. Parking may be tough, but you can park at osteria mozza's valet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the LA greatswinni3Dined on 8/24/2014This is one of the best restaurants in LA. You cannot go wrong with this one. The porkchop and the steaks are pricy but worth it. All the sides we ordered are amazing as well. Be sure to get the focaccia bread, even though it's $18. Go ahead, schedule your next special occasion dinner here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Food was amazing. Love that you share everything. Portions were perfect for 3 people. Ventilation was horrible due to the inside grill. Extremely noise where we could not hear each other.Special Features:
- Just goseanDined on 8/14/2014I had the pleasure of dining at this facility. I am a foodie and I love meat. That is so you keep in mind my perspective. I had an absolutely amazing meal. Steak chicken pork charcuterie... all top-notch ...just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTJessicaDined on 8/9/2014Overall, I was underwhelmed with Chi Spacca. The $175 42 oz T-Bone was below expectations. It was something I expect from Ruth Chris at 30% of the price. The $18 Foccacia was very salty. You could tell they have a heavy hand with salt and butter when eating the food. The only redeeming quality was the service was very good.
- #saymeatUkjayDined on 8/4/2014The Mozza restaurateurs take on protein is to die for. 5 stars. Go for the LARDO to start and buckle up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind blowing!ZebragirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014From the first breath we were in love. Fabulous casual decor, intimate setting, active open kitchen and without a doubt the most informed staff on food, preparation, wines, history of the dishes.....I could go on and on. We devoured each and everything we ordered, way past comfort level. I am dreaming of a flight to LA just to taste the focaccia again........
- JunieDined on 8/2/2014I made a reservation here at the recommendation of a friend and could not be happier with the results. I was looking for a nice place to bring my parents while they were visiting me and this fit the bill perfectly. Food is served family style and was delicious. The dining area is very small, which allows everyone a good view of the open kitchen. Not quite in my budget for regular dining, but I would definitely go again with a small group for unique experience.Special Features:
- The best $200 steak evertbone310Dined on 8/2/2014I was skeptical about the price of the steaks since usually most places do not deliver. This steak was worth every penny. It has to go into the special occasion category unfortunately but we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorisDined on 7/29/2014This is truly a restaurant for people who love meat. That happens to be me. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and service. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Spacca is outstandingLAnativeDined on 7/18/2014The food is incredible, which I cannot stress enough. The steak was pure perfection, as was everything else we ordered. The service was excellent with extremely knowledgeable wait staff, from the waiters down to the bus boys. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meat and vegetable dishesamdreviewVIPDined on 7/15/2014Amazing corn dish we ordered seconds-all vege dishes ordered were outstanding-branzino was delicious as well as short ribs and pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 stars!ladydVIPDined on 7/5/2014The service surpasses the food here, and the food is AMAZING. The menu is meticulously explained and the servers are beyond knowledgable! Tried the Tomahawk Pork Chop this visit, and was wowed! The ndjua stands on it's own, but with the pane bianco, perhaps the best bread i've had in LA (Thanks, Nancy Silverton!) is beyond delicious. For a meat centric restaurant, they know how to do a simple salad right as well. My husband is lactose intolerant and has a sensitivity to onions, and the staff too great care of him, and did not make him feel like he was missing out on anything. The GM stopped by our table more than once as well making us feel like VIP's. Always looking for an excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silverton Does It AgainkatobradleyVIPDined on 7/3/2014The meat is what you will hear about, and the meat IS remarkable for both its flavor and its size, but the vegetables are equally wonderful. They could serve nothing but their cream-less creamed corn and the place would still be a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overwhelming ExperienceLinzDined on 6/29/2014Chi Spacca has become my favorite dining experience. The food is timed and seasoned perfectly. It's a small room so it has a feel of intimacy and exclusivity. The staff is professional yet friendly and they make you feel like you own the place. The cooking is done on a wood grill and wood burning oven in an open area adjacent to the dining room so you can see and enjoy each dish that is being prepared. 2nd time going and I'm ready for #3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJrdnDined on 6/28/2014This place was awesome for the atmosphere, intimacy and mostly, great food... nothing more, nothing less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its TOO Much!dleeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Since the plates are meant to be shared our waiter said he would help us with ordering to make sure we didn't have too much, BUT, after recommending we order an additional side on top of our regular order, we had WAY too much food. As a matter of fact EVERY table had way too much food if you count the doggy bags waiting to get picked up. That was irritating. And the pork loin (for $80) came with 6 (small) pieces of meat then a bunch of fat and bone. It was supposed to be 42 oz, but if you take away the fat and bone, it was maybe half that.
- Great Tuscan foodManuelaVIPDined on 6/23/2014Chi Spacca brings to LA the meat tradition of Tuscany. Great "affettati" (cold cuts), terrific meats ( pork, beef, lamb) all in a easy going setting and a very good service. If next door Mozza is more eclectic Chi Spacca specifically will satisfy the meat lovers.Special Features:
- amazingMikeVIPDined on 6/18/2014Erick and Will do such a great job at providing one of the best dining experiences around…. pure classSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Food and wine suggestions by our server were very helpful. Pricey, but overall a great dining experience. Making plans for return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We arrived on time but were offered counter seats although there was a table available which is understandable (nevermind that the guy from the Bachelor got the table!) but we waited 10 minutes at the counter to even get acknowledged by any wait staff so we questioned the host that sat us. A waitress finally arrived after 5 more minutes and offered us a very small conciliatory pour of prosecco. She took our order and they moved us to a table nearby which was ok, but then for the rest of the night we did not get a waitress and were served our meals by different bus boys ( I counted 5 different people) while a table next to us was getting waited on hand and foot...although the food was fine, I found the whole experience very disconcerting
- Excellent Pork ChopDebdebnomnomDined on 6/14/2014Came to celebrate my birthday with my husband, sister, and brother in law. Nice wine, great tomahawk pork chop, bone marrow pie was delicious. Focaccia bread is a do not miss. Would come back for sure. Servers were professional and hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable experienceEagerEaterDined on 6/9/2014Attentive service, knew who we were and the special occasion (anniversary) we were celebrating. Some of the food we considered outstanding, all of it was at least quite good. Sitting at the counter is especially fun as it's easy to talk to the cooks about their preparationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely amazing !!!amazingnessVIPDined on 6/7/2014If you love meat this is the place to go. This spot has dethroned mastros as my number one meat venue, which if you know me, would be a big shock. Everything was just so perfect. I need to go back and try more. The only thing I wish they had was the cheeses from osteria next door but in hindsight I would have not been able to eat any more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good meal....KnowsfoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014Everything was very good. I would go with 4 people rather then 2. Meat main dishes are all 42oz and up. Only bad thing I would say is it took about an hour for appetizers to come. Focaccia is a must order. Not sure why it's so good, but it is awesome. Porterhouse was cooked perfectly. Squash Blossomes were surprisingly very good. Corn side dish was excellent. Only beer and wine. Chi Spacca is definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazing.Addee1Dined on 6/6/2014We had a wonderful dining experience here. The food, service, ambiance were all on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible steaksjb2bVIPDined on 6/6/2014Amazing steaks. Wonderful Italian wines. Love this place.Special Features:
- Everything was do fresh and divinecaroDined on 5/29/2014Definitely worth waiting for . The sheeps cheese ,honeycomb and nuts amazing . House chianti . Focaccia service impeccable. S big change from la dining. I was salivating over the meat but usually never eat it . That I will bring in a group of friends next time . Fish fresh wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Hyped And Failed To DeliverNo1GKDined on 5/25/2014You enter thru the Pizza take out door.We were underwhelmed by everything except the prices.Tables jammed 2 close 2gether,hard chairs,lacked warmth & ambiance.Plates 2 small.Drank our very expensive Brunello from water tumblers.Our decanted wine scarce & poured sporadically.The prices were astronomical & potions were skimpy.There were 2 many rules-how the order is placed,how it's to be cooked,etc.The timing was atrocious.Everything was brought out at once & we waited 4 plates while the food got cold.Don't mind paying a higher price 4 excellent food & service,but we felt cheated when the bill arrived.$250 4 a 50oz steak is Kobe beef territory-which this was not.1 out of 3 desserts worked.The entire experience a let down & felt like a scam.
- Loved every minute and every bite!maidagoldDined on 5/24/2014So glad we got to celebrate my husband's Bday at chi SPACCA! My hub fancies himself a connoisseur of all things charcuterie, so it would be a major indicator to see how chi SPACCA fared. It was essentially a metaphysical experience. He got the mixed plate to start, and it was all he could talk about while he was eating it. Hilarious, actually. Every bite was better than the last! Then we split one of the steaks (48oz i think) and got the potatoes and the cauliflower. Everything was divine! And nothing is as delicious without incredible service. Anna was perfect, plus her support team were on top of our every request and need. Everyone knows their stuff at chi SPACCA. Yes, pricey, but we'll be back. Worth it! Far cheaper than going to Italy.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the chi SPACCA reviews archive.
- Coma inducing decadence!FoodEDined on 5/20/2014Amazing food, great service, great atmosphere. Good for dates, family dinner/gatherings, catching up with friends, special occasion, meat-lover heaven! We highly recommend this place & cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Meat HavenDeeLishVIPDined on 5/17/2014If you truly love steak and chops of the highest quality and grilled to perfection this restaurant is a must visit.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/14/2014Fabulous food and service. We couldn't be happier with the evening we spent there.Special Features: