Castle Hill Inn
590 Ocean Ave
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Castle Hill Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.castlehillinn.com/
- Phone: 4018493885x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday, 5:45pm to 9:00pm;
Friday & Saturday, 5:45pm to 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday through Saturday, 11:30am to 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: with live Jazz 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday through Saturday, 3:00pm to 8:00pm
Food: Sunday through Thursday, 11:30am to 7:00pm; Friday & Saturday, 11:30am to 8:30pm
Beverage: Sunday through Thursday, 11:30am to 8:00pm; Friday & Saturday, 11:30am to 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Karsten Hart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Castle Hill Inn is the perfect place to hold your next event. Corporate Events: Private, elegant, Castle Hill Inn offers an appropriate setting for executive meetings and social events. From corporate retreats to fundraisers, lectures, business seminars, reunions, and large cocktail parties, the Castle Hill Inn staff has the experience and flexibility to enhance a variety of occasions. Social Events: Spend your next special occasion with us in Victorian elegance, whether planning an Anniversary, Wedding Shower or Corporate Dinner. We provide award-winning cuisine, exceptional service and the best sunset views in Newport.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Andrade 4012484951x
A word from Castle Hill Inn
The Mansion's chefs artfully craft fresh local fish, regional meats, and produce into a distinctly native, seasonal menu, served in four dining rooms within the Inn. On The Lawn, the epitome of classic New England al fresco dining, think small plates and summer cocktails delivered right to your Adirondack chair. From creative cocktails to appetizers to desserts, imaginative presentation and exceptional taste characterize Castle Hill Inn's fine Dining Experiences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Castle Hill Inn - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Castle Hill Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (238)special occasion (190)romantic (184)great for outdoor dining (181)fit for foodies (129)great for lunch (117)notable wine list (91)great for brunch (89)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (39)kid-friendly (30)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food and service outstanding and views during the day are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castle Hiil has it All!TuckerVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had such a wonderful evening! The food was beyond great. Service was excellent! It's like going back in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique restaurant. A Gem!POUSADined on 10/18/2014Great view (in The Lawn), superb service, celestial dishes. Not very pricey. What else do you need?Special Features:
- Great Newport ViewLollypopDined on 10/15/2014Visited for lunch prior to friends' upcoming visit from Chicago. Best lobster roll (and I asked for the cole slaw recipe) ever, and that's saying something in RI. Beautiful view and walkaround space. Definitely will return, bring guests here. Wonderful staff, professional and charming.Special Features:
- The best of fine dining!theopratrDined on 10/14/2014A few of my associates brought an author to speak at one of our events to give a presentation on his work. Having had lunch at Castle Hill a few times, I had no hesitation in recommending that we receive him the night before by taking him out to dinner there. It is rare indeed that one can have a dining experience (fine dining or otherwise) and have absolutely nothing even mildly negative to say. Our table was ready at the exact time that we reserved it. The service was beyond impeccable. The food was out of this world. This is all in addition to the fact that Castle Hill is what I believe to be the most scenic locale within southern New England. For a fantastic dining experience or a romantic night out, Castle Hill will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingBuzzknitDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view and a quaint atmosphere. Service was prompt and friendly, the Bloody Mary was great and we had a lovely day to watch the sailboats go by. We enjoyed the food as well with some very good choices for a brunch menu. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Our first time at the Castle Hill Inn and it will not be our last. The location, service and food were all excellent. The location and character of the facility is classic sea-side New England. Be prepared for a large final tab. However if the experience is anything like ours, the final cost will be an after thought.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealLenoxVIPDined on 10/11/2014From the courteous and attentive service (from hostess and excellent server, Dan) to the gorgeous plates and sunset, a very memorable evening. The salmon was delicious and beautifully presented. Only disappointment was the hazelnut biscotti, but homemade ice cream was great.Special Features:
- Rabbit was stunning!!AussiefoodieDined on 10/10/2014We loved our dinner here. It's a beautiful spot. I'd like to come here in Summer and eat on the Lawn.Special Features:
- MenuCherylDined on 10/5/2014I wasn't impressed with the choices for Brunch. It was very limited. I had the lobster roll which was tasteless. Overall, it wasn't worth the money.Special Features:
- Kick-off to Great WeekendPhillyGirlDined on 10/3/2014Dining at Castle Hill Inn was an unexpected delight and a great kick-off to a "Girl's Weekend". The wait staff was first class and engaging and the food was excellent. Although it is more expensive than we had planned, it was well worth it!!! We ordered the three course fixed price and it was more than sufficient. We would never have been able to handle the five course fixed price. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical eveningWeddingPartyDined on 9/28/2014It was our wedding dinner. Every aspect of our dining experience was splendid! The most memorable memory will be the women in housekeeping. Her name was Ines. She not only help our maid of honor in the ladies room but she made us feel so special. She showed such pride for working at Castle Hill. She has convinced us to make reservations to come back and spend a night. She even showed us some of the rooms. She knew the history of the mansion in every detail. We will be back to spend a few nights in the fall. The food and service was magical also. We had the Chef,s tasting and every course seemed better than the one before. This was the perfect ending to a perfect day.Special Features:
- What a ViewWintersgirlDined on 9/28/2014Would highly recommend Castle Hill for both the food and the amazing view. The adirondack chairs on the lawn are a lovely place to enjoy a cocktail while waiting for your tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreathtakingPaolaDined on 9/28/2014I loved this place. The view was spectacular. Everything we ordered was delish. The service was excellent. I want to go back next summer and at the beach cottages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castle Hill diningSpiritDined on 9/26/2014Outstanding service and excellent dinner.I would recomend this to anyone looking for a special dining experience.HOwever I would tell them that they must expect a heft price for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!LovesWineVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Castle Hill numerous times and I love it every time. We sat outside on the patio on a beautiful day overlooking the bay. It was gorgeous and the food and wine were excellent. I will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014absolutely amazing. one of the best meals I have ever had.Special Features:
- MildredDined on 9/21/2014We had a wonderful time. The setting was fabulous. The only negative was portion size. We went for brunch and my husband and I decided to split the bagel/lox entre as an appetizer - we only received 3/4 of a bagel. Really? It cost $16 for 3/4 of a bagel, cream cheese and lox. I would also question if the 3-egg omelets were made with 3 eggs. Again, great setting, great service, wonderful tasting food, but you might leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main coarse optionsamazingsunsetDined on 9/20/2014There was no chicken option for main course. I liked the portion sizes of the courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our late lunch and view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, great location, great view... all worth it! Food was fresh and amazing for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Great view of harbor & sail boats. Can sit on lawn for cocktails. Lovely outside dining location.Special Features:
- MalsDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely beautiful view and on a nice day eating out on the lawn made the lunch even more spectacular. The food was excellent as well. It was a great way to spend a birthday. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingEllenDined on 9/19/2014The location was fantastic, the food was good, the service (at least at our table was very slow and inconsistent) 27 minutes and two inquiries if anyone was helping us yet finally brought water to our table. Another 20 minutes to bring coca I'll and wine at same time, only to have us ask to hold the wine until our food was served, but then we had to request the wine when our appetizers were served. By the time wine was served 15 minutelater with only a screw top to be removered, our okay gumbo an yummy pork belly sliders were cold. Fish sandwich was well prepared and homemade fries were very good, but cut very short (maybe end of batch)? And fish and lobster of ettoufee were nicely prepared, but gumbo and ettoufee should not be twinsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great spot in Newport, must do drinks on the lawn! Food was fantastic as was the service! Do not miss when in Newport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to us over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The table we were seated at was just too close to folks on either side. My steak was poorly trimmed and had a large amount of gristle; just not a $38 steak.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014The ace and view we're outstanding. The food was very expensive and mediocre. We were disappointed. NeneSpecial Features:
- Special dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014High end restaurant with a great location on the water. Dining there is an experience, not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchmikeDined on 9/14/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants for brunch, especially in the nice weather with the wonderful view! The service and food are always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best view, great food & servicePFarDined on 9/13/2014Gorgeous day overlooking the bay - filled with sailboats! The view alone is worth it! Castle Hill has the best clam chowder in RI and the clam fritters are amazing. Other, more sophisticated delicacies, were fantastic too! Fluke and lobster etouffee for example!Special Features:
- DebRNDebRnDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely Beautiful!! Food and Service was Outstanding!! If you plan your time right, the sunsets over the water are amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningMaple4Dined on 9/11/2014We loved the atmosphere, amazing view, and total ambience. It was a very special celabration for us and would definitely return when we are in Newport again on vacation. The food was cooked to perfection. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jan252Dined on 9/11/2014The Castle Hill Inn is nothing short of spectacular. I went on Wednesday with a friend who was visiting from Atlanta. From the valet to the hostess to the servers, the staff was attentive and friendly. The food was excellent and, of course, the setting is indescribably beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the ViewmikecDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic view of Narragansett Bay, Newport (Pell) Bridge and Rhode Island Sound. Very expensive, consider having sunset cocktails or brunch as the dinner menu leans towards multiple courses as a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSuzitoDined on 9/10/2014Had a good lunch using a gift card we just received for our 40th anniv. All was well until checking out. We were told card had nothing left on it even though it had never been used. So waitress had put it on our credit card which we had also given to cover the tip. Was a $125 card. Now the fun began, we waited a half hour for them to fix their error. The restaurant apparently had never activated their gift card. So what had been a good experience went sour. Not even an offer for a comp drink while we waited a half hour for them to correct their error.Special Features:
- HotWater1Dined on 9/9/2014Outstanding dinner on a Prix fix menu. You can select from a 3-4-5 course meal with or without wine. The wine pairings really were done well and the service was not 'pushy'. We arrived on a Tuesday night for a 7:00 P.M. reservation and by 9:30 P.M. we were the only two left in the room. It was a bit noisy as the inside gazebo was full and it was a fast paced environment but we never once felt rushed. A fabulous setting and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escape from realityLhh1014Dined on 9/8/2014A delicious meal positioned in a setting that is breathtaking without ever being overwhelming. Everything you could hope it would be.Special Features:
- Great food!lkadinDined on 9/8/2014Katie was an excellent server! Great view. We were here for our anniversary and has a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsurpassedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Words cannot describe the wonderful views, comfortable environment, quality of service and excellent food at this fine establishment. You have to experience it once and you'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveNewportDined on 9/7/2014Our guest has numerous food allergies and the staff could not have been more solicitous making it a relaxed and enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed here!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant thst I can always recommend without hesitation is Castle HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.