1025 S 21st St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3705Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7194712905
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (September - April) Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm Summer Hours (May - August) Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Carlos Echeandia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carlos’ Bistro is the perfect location to celebrate any special occasion. From weddings to birthdays and private parties, Carlos’ Bistro has a large dining room or an outdoor patio to accommodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8772785798
A word from Carlos' Bistro
In the beginning there has been one word in Carlos’ Bistro, Beautiful. The excellence and the experience of the best in Colorado Springs. Carlos (Owner, Executive Chef, and Matradee) provides a warm and welcoming experience to all of our customers, making everyone feel special at home and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Carlos' Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Carlos' Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (55)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had heard (and read) great things about Carlos's, and we weren't disappointed. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and level of service, under $200 for 2 with a bottle of wine, with a shared dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- Carlos' BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014For our first anniversary, this was a delightful choice. The greeting by Carlos was warm and welcoming and put us at ease immediately. The service was solicitous but never obtrusive. The food was excellent with a delightful presentation. We were lifted up by our celebration venue.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the front door, and from that point on all of the staff knew us by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKAtkinsonDined on 8/23/2014My wife had a beautiful experience... We were greeted by Carlos the owner, who personally continued to check on us throughout the night. The food was as good as the enthusiasm of the owner, who was actually busing plates. Its nice to go somewhere that the owner has such personal pride that is so clearly evident. We will certainly return... Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Super Excellent!!!Sean4TattiDined on 8/23/2014Best continental food we've had in the Springs. Service and timing was perfect. Loved the outdoor patio. Dining room was very tastefully decorated and the restrooms were CLEAN and comfortable. Tomato Bisque soup, Caesar Salad and Clams w/ Mussels were all super excellent, never had better! The Lobster was cooked too perfection:)- Expensive for our budget ($200+ before tip, dinner for two) which will keep us away except for special occasions. I hope everyone in town gets a chance to dine at Carlos Bistro. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaverickDined on 8/23/2014Overall I would probably recommend. The only concern we experienced was a particular server seemed annoyed and unhappy throughout the night and somewhat rude as well. Big disappointment for probably the priciest meal in Colorado Springs. When you charge those prices you have to get it right EveryTime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuck with appetizersSteveBDined on 8/22/2014First timer, I was drawn by several of the items on the starter menu. We ended up ordering 5 items plus dessert and were completely satisfied. It was our very own little smorgasbord and the envy of the diners at the table next to us. Of special note was an outstanding 'beef tartar', best I've ever had. Ceviche was equally as good with scallop, squid, shrimp, & tuna. The key lime tart was very good as was the coffee.Special Features:
- Best Fine Dining in Colorado SpringDougDined on 8/22/2014From the greeting by Carlos when you arrive through the desert and coffee at the finish the word to best describe the experience is pleasure.Special Features:
- HMG1952Dined on 8/21/2014Outstanding restaurant! We loved it! Food, atmosphere, and staff were great. Check out my review on Trip Advisor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlo's Bistro...YES!!BilweelerDined on 8/19/2014Marvelous service, magnificent food, outstanding atmosphere. If you are celebrating a special occasion in Colorado Springs, you may be thinking of the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Good choices, but pretty routine. Get out of your routine. Carlo's Bistro is much more intimate, personal, and exotic than either the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Don't miss the Lobster Salad. The Filet (ordered medium rare) is literally a "melt in your mouth" steak. Carlo's is not cheap; you will pay top dollar for your food. Regardless, you'll leave satisfied that you got your money's worth.Special Features:
- A Great Upscale RestaurantgoodeatsDined on 8/18/2014What's not to like? The food is great, the wine list is top notch. The wines by the bottle are half price on Sundays and Mondays, at least right now. This wasn't the first time we have dined that nor will be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappySoSadDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Carlos' Bistro. The service, food, wine and attention were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5*****badBdayDined on 8/17/2014May be one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed! The meat was prime and complemented perfectly. The scallops cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OMGOldman1Dined on 8/16/2014Took family of nine for dinner because Broadmoor Resort couldn't accommidate us @ reasonable time - Broadmoor's permanent loss. We were treated like family. Great service with fantastic food, probably the best I have ever eaten. Fantastic menu, exceeded only by it's taste. I don't normally reply to these reviews, but everyone deserves to know about Carlos'.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/15/2014FOUND IT ON OPEN TABLE A GREAT FIND ECELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE VERY ENJOYABLE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurable experienceVang759VIPDined on 8/13/2014We visit Colorado Springs frequently to see our son. We make it a priority to eat at Carlos Bistro. Carlos, personally, makes sure our dining experience is delicious & enjoyable. And the service is top-notch!Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014My family took me here for my birthday, and it was outstanding. We came for the early bird menu, which is half off of the regular menu. The prices are pretty steep, but the food was excellent. We first ordered Escargot for the appetizer. It came out bubbly and full of great flavor. Our young kids are very adventurous, so they ate the escargot and loved it, dipping their bread into the leftover sauce. Everything was excellent. We were so impressed with the pork chop because we didn't expect it to be so tender and full of flavor. Our only negative is the location. This restaurant needs to move to a better location so they can get more customers. I hope that more people will learn to love this place!Special Features:
- Exquisite food and ambiancePikesPeakFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014Carlos himself greeted us at the door with an umbrella to shield us from the rain! Great start to a wonderful evening. Food delicious and artfully presented. Dine on Sunday or Monday evenings 5:00 to 5:30 for specially priced meals. Can be quite expensive otherwise but so worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!eatinwithaviewDined on 8/8/2014We went for my birthday and everything was outstanding... The drinks, the food, the service, the ambience. This will be our go-to special occasion spot. Their strong reviews are well deserved!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatoutluvthebroadmoorDined on 8/5/2014We occasionally go to The Broadmoor for a little extravagance. We have always chosen to eat at Carlos Bistro as it is better than what the Broadmoor has to offer. We arrived in the rain and Carlos came to our car with an umbrella to escort us inside. The food was incredible as was the service. The food presentation was something to "ahh" over. The mushroom soup was indescribably good.Special Features:
- Carlos Bistro is Top NotchColoradoGatorDined on 8/3/2014One of the best places to eat in Colorado. Let alone the Springs. If you cannot find time to go, you have truly missed out on one of the best dining experiences of your life.Special Features:
- Must try! Unexpected gem in CoSp!WayneFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Absolutely delicious! Must try Carlos Bistro. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceNancyDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time I had been to Carlos' Bistro. The experience was fantastic, with no flaws whatsoever. Carlos greeted us upon our arrival and checked in a few times during our meal, but was not at all intrusive. The food was outstanding and beautifully presented. We had the cup of mushroom soup, which may have been my favorite part of the meal. It had a hint of sherry in it and a wonderful, earthy flavor. For the main course, I enjoyed the Veal Saltimbucca and my friend enjoyed the Grilled Shrimp. Both were wonderful and had a beautiful presentation with plenty of fresh vegetables. At Carlos' recommendation, we enjoyed the berries in cream for dessert. We asked Carlos to describe how he made the cream sauce, which he happilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place thats not in a CS hotelRandizzle64VIPDined on 7/21/2014When scouring various websites, looking for a great place to take clients in Colorado Springs, they all seem to be attached to a hotel/resort. When we arrived at this freestanding building outside of town, we were greeted by Carlos, and warmly brought into the restaurant. Wine is half off on Sundays and Mondays, so starting with a bottle of 2007 Dominus, and adding a bottle of Caymus Special Select got things underway. Since we had a table of nine, we ordered four different appetizers (two each), finding the Nachos with Langostino's, Steak Tartar (order if you like capers), and Shrimp Bruschetta to be perfect for sharing and tasting. The calamari was good, but to me, fried food is fried food, so no big deal there. Anyway, go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent service, excellent ambiance, excellent food..I plan to become a regular at Carlos'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Our dinner was absolutely gorgeous-delightful flavors in every dish. Our server, Tim, is blessed with a great sense of humor and an ability to connect with us. He made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a Great RestaurantChicagoGuyVIPDined on 7/14/2014The ambiance was very comfortable and every staff member we encountered was polite, professional and efficient. The menu selections were plentiful, and the wine selection surprisingly sophisticated (and 50% off on Mondays!!) I had a fantastic bone-in ribeye (peppercorn crusted) with saffron risotto, perfectly prepared. My wife raved about her lobster salad. And our girls (5&7) loved their carbonara pasta, despite being picky eaters - it helped that Carlos came by several times to talk with them and make them feel very special. We ordered several desserts, all of which were excellent. My 5-year old declared the chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce "the best dessert ever made" and I am inclined to agree with her.Special Features:
- Service and Food ImpecableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We've never been to a restaurant where the owner came out and greeted us in the parking lot. As we watched from our table, we noticed he would be cleaning things behind the bar while watching for a car to drive into the parking lot. The restaurant is very service oriented and it starts from the top down. When the food came out it was incredible. We ordered a variety of items covering the a large ingredient spread. We tried the Chicken Nachos, Crab Alfredo, and Veil Schnitzel and to our surprise each one was better than the next. Many fine dining places are expensive and portions are small. At Carlo's Bistro, all the portions are average to large in size. If you are going to do fine dining, this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Just what we neededsavortheflavorDined on 7/6/2014With a warm welcome from Carlos as we arrived, we enjoyed a belated anniversary dinner together with great food, amazing service from his son Johnny, and a quiet table where we could enjoy each other's company. We were served quickly, the food was a delicious blend of textures and flavors, and the desserts incredible. One of the most enjoyable meals we have had.Special Features:
- Who knew?DelightfulDined on 7/6/2014Impeccable service Outstanding menu choices Spectacular wine selections Delicious food Special place to celebrate And.....all right here in the Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Colorado SpringsRoperhaDined on 7/5/2014Great food and atmosphere as always! Carlo greets everyone of his guest and make you feel very welcome. Had crab cakes (great) and the scallops (just the right amount of heat). Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and it provided everything we could have desired. We have already recommended this restaurant to others for their anniversary. The food was good and the service was also: all the way from Carlos meeting us at the car to Marcia thanking us for coming as we departed.Special Features:
- TigerDined on 7/3/2014We went to Carlos' Bistro with our visiting relatives as one of them was celebrating a birthday. Everything was outstanding: the food was creative and delicious, the service was so professional and friendly and Carlos made a point of visiting every table to personally check that guests were happy.Special Features:
- Carlos sets tone from the startJimHVIPDined on 7/3/2014Carlos stopped by our table to welcome us and explain the menu with great enthusiasm. We were visiting from the DC area and Carlos' Bistro at the recommendation of a friend, and read accolades on-line; we were not disappointed. We arrived in time for the early-bird (before 5:30) menu which was half price for our meals. At full price it would have been very expensive (but worth it); at half price our dinner was a great bargain. When we return to Colorado Springs Carlos will be at the top of our list.Special Features:
- Consistently superbFoodwfriendsDined on 6/28/2014We visited Carlos' Bistro with a group of old friends for a reunion. They have a huge selection on the menu and several daily specials. We all had different items. All were superb. The swordfish was done perfectly, not dry, not fishy. The ceviche was the best my foodie friend has ever had. The pork chops were just right, the lamb chops flavorful and well presented. The steaks again got raves from friends. We have eaten here on several special occasions. Carlos is always the gracious, attentive host. The waitstaff is very accommodating. I am lactose intolerant and they will find a sauce to work with any dish I've ordered. My friend from Houston thought this rivaled or surpassed all the restaurants he has been to on his world travels. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect RestaurantluvgreatfoodDined on 6/26/2014Carlos' Bistro is a beautiful dining experience and yet, customers are made to feel relaxed and at home. The food and service are exquisite! The menu has so much to offer, we always have a difficult time deciding and no one in our parties have ever been disappointed. It is truly our favorite Colorado Springs restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceEalairDined on 6/21/2014We were greeted in the parking lot by the owner, who personally escorted us inside. Everything on the menu sounded good, with a wealth of options for all palates and budgets. The abalone steak and steak tartar were phenomenal! For entrees we had the lobster fra diablo and the peruvian lomo saltado ribeye, both equally fantastic. For dessert we had the key lime tart (creamy, tangy, and refreshing) and the dark chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce (sublime - words fail me). The owner continually circulated through the restaurant, and when he saw I was not eating the table bread (I try to avoid gluten), he had the kitchen make me my own batch of gluten-free bread that was incomparable to anything store-bought. A must for any foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The ambiance was exquisite. The staff attended to our every desire. The food was beyond description and melted with every savory bite. If you've never been to this hidden gem, please do, you will be amazed.Special Features:
- Fantastic!gr8ttimeDined on 6/19/2014Our dinner at Carlos' Bistro could not have been better! The food was exquisite and the service impeccable. Our steaks were so tender we could cut them with a fork. Every bite was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 99th B'day!EnjoyGoodFoodDined on 6/17/2014Carlos meet us when we drove into the parking lot and wished my father a happy birthday. I had mention this when I made my reservation. The evening was wonderful. Our server was very attentive and the food was amazing. We will be back.Special Features: