1025 S 21st St
Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3705Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7194712905
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (September - April) Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm Summer Hours (May - August) Monday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Carlos Echeandia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carlos’ Bistro is the perfect location to celebrate any special occasion. From weddings to birthdays and private parties, Carlos’ Bistro has a large dining room or an outdoor patio to accommodate your group.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8772785798
A word from Carlos' Bistro
In the beginning there has been one word in Carlos’ Bistro, Beautiful. The excellence and the experience of the best in Colorado Springs. Carlos (Owner, Executive Chef, and Matradee) provides a warm and welcoming experience to all of our customers, making everyone feel special at home and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Carlos' Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Carlos' Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (59)romantic (58)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Just the welcome makes us feel special before we've even looked the wonderful menu choices. Superb food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014I took my girlfriend here for a night out and it was truly and excellent experience. She had the filet minion stroganoff and I had the steak diane, both were cooked to perfection. The waiter was attentive and the ambience was nice. The only negative thing was the risotto was not good at all. This restaurant is very pricey but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Wish we found this place sooner!!PhillyphanDined on 9/11/2014What a gem in Colorado Springs. Food, ambiance and service were first rate! Looking forward to going back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I don't normally agree with many of the posts for restaurants, but the reviews have been spot on....this place was simply amazing. I would rank this as one of the top meals I have ever had. If you are in the springs area, go visit this restaurant. Everything was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceluvgoodchowDined on 9/5/2014We were greeted by the owner Carlos and he was really nice. We ordered the nights special a nice steak. I had to send mine back as it was not cooked well done as I had ordered. I do not like having steaks sent back as it usually ruins the cut of meat when it is cooked twice. It came back much better and I did enjoy the meal. This is a really nice restaurant but be prepared to spend. Our tab came to just south of $300.00 for two with a $40.00 bottle of wine. We will no doubt return, however not often due to the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding9494Dined on 9/5/2014We have been going to Carlos' Bistro for a number of years and have never been disappointed. The quality of the food and sevice is consistently outstanding. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in Colorado Springs but it is well worth it. Carlos has a very creative menu and everything we've tried has been executed perfectly. If you're looking for a true fine dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive12345Dined on 8/31/2014The food is not bad, but cheapest meats go for 35 bucks, going up to 65. At that price point your food must be supperb and refined and it is not the case. Just not worth the amount you spend.
- Carlos' was wonderful!GordonVIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants we have enjoyed in a long time......menu had great variety, and everything we had was absolutely excellent! Carlos personally visited each table more than once to welcome and chat in an unobtrusive way....very nice man, interesting backgound. The best meal we've ever had in Colorado Spings for sure, including any of the restaurants at the Broadmoor where we were staying. Sunday evening wine bottles were 1/2 off.....not sure if this is every Sunday, but a nice surprise for us. Some wines are way expensive, but we had a moderately priced Argentine Malbec (Don David) that was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful for romantic celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Carlos is so friendly and checks on everyone during your meal. He even met us at our car and welcomed us in. It is very pricey, but the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Love itJAAFAADined on 8/31/2014Upon arrival a very pleasant greeting at the restaurant by Carlos. The food was delicious, service was excellent with appropriate ambience. A truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!TurketteDined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the customer service was completely over the top! I will definitely be going back the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend you give this amazing restaurant a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014We had heard (and read) great things about Carlos's, and we weren't disappointed. The prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and level of service, under $200 for 2 with a bottle of wine, with a shared dessert. We will be back!Special Features:
- Carlos' BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014For our first anniversary, this was a delightful choice. The greeting by Carlos was warm and welcoming and put us at ease immediately. The service was solicitous but never obtrusive. The food was excellent with a delightful presentation. We were lifted up by our celebration venue.Special Features:
- BurliumDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding. We were greeted at the front door, and from that point on all of the staff knew us by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKAtkinsonDined on 8/23/2014My wife had a beautiful experience... We were greeted by Carlos the owner, who personally continued to check on us throughout the night. The food was as good as the enthusiasm of the owner, who was actually busing plates. Its nice to go somewhere that the owner has such personal pride that is so clearly evident. We will certainly return... Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Super Excellent!!!Sean4TattiDined on 8/23/2014Best continental food we've had in the Springs. Service and timing was perfect. Loved the outdoor patio. Dining room was very tastefully decorated and the restrooms were CLEAN and comfortable. Tomato Bisque soup, Caesar Salad and Clams w/ Mussels were all super excellent, never had better! The Lobster was cooked too perfection:)- Expensive for our budget ($200+ before tip, dinner for two) which will keep us away except for special occasions. I hope everyone in town gets a chance to dine at Carlos Bistro. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaverickDined on 8/23/2014Overall I would probably recommend. The only concern we experienced was a particular server seemed annoyed and unhappy throughout the night and somewhat rude as well. Big disappointment for probably the priciest meal in Colorado Springs. When you charge those prices you have to get it right EveryTime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stuck with appetizersSteveBDined on 8/22/2014First timer, I was drawn by several of the items on the starter menu. We ended up ordering 5 items plus dessert and were completely satisfied. It was our very own little smorgasbord and the envy of the diners at the table next to us. Of special note was an outstanding 'beef tartar', best I've ever had. Ceviche was equally as good with scallop, squid, shrimp, & tuna. The key lime tart was very good as was the coffee.Special Features:
- Best Fine Dining in Colorado SpringDougDined on 8/22/2014From the greeting by Carlos when you arrive through the desert and coffee at the finish the word to best describe the experience is pleasure.Special Features:
- HMG1952Dined on 8/21/2014Outstanding restaurant! We loved it! Food, atmosphere, and staff were great. Check out my review on Trip Advisor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carlo's Bistro...YES!!BilweelerDined on 8/19/2014Marvelous service, magnificent food, outstanding atmosphere. If you are celebrating a special occasion in Colorado Springs, you may be thinking of the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Good choices, but pretty routine. Get out of your routine. Carlo's Bistro is much more intimate, personal, and exotic than either the Broadmoor or the Antlers. Don't miss the Lobster Salad. The Filet (ordered medium rare) is literally a "melt in your mouth" steak. Carlo's is not cheap; you will pay top dollar for your food. Regardless, you'll leave satisfied that you got your money's worth.Special Features:
- A Great Upscale RestaurantgoodeatsDined on 8/18/2014What's not to like? The food is great, the wine list is top notch. The wines by the bottle are half price on Sundays and Mondays, at least right now. This wasn't the first time we have dined that nor will be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappySoSadDined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Carlos' Bistro. The service, food, wine and attention were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5*****badBdayDined on 8/17/2014May be one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed! The meat was prime and complemented perfectly. The scallops cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OMGOldman1Dined on 8/16/2014Took family of nine for dinner because Broadmoor Resort couldn't accommidate us @ reasonable time - Broadmoor's permanent loss. We were treated like family. Great service with fantastic food, probably the best I have ever eaten. Fantastic menu, exceeded only by it's taste. I don't normally reply to these reviews, but everyone deserves to know about Carlos'.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 8/15/2014FOUND IT ON OPEN TABLE A GREAT FIND ECELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE VERY ENJOYABLE EVENINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurable experienceVang759VIPDined on 8/13/2014We visit Colorado Springs frequently to see our son. We make it a priority to eat at Carlos Bistro. Carlos, personally, makes sure our dining experience is delicious & enjoyable. And the service is top-notch!Special Features:
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014My family took me here for my birthday, and it was outstanding. We came for the early bird menu, which is half off of the regular menu. The prices are pretty steep, but the food was excellent. We first ordered Escargot for the appetizer. It came out bubbly and full of great flavor. Our young kids are very adventurous, so they ate the escargot and loved it, dipping their bread into the leftover sauce. Everything was excellent. We were so impressed with the pork chop because we didn't expect it to be so tender and full of flavor. Our only negative is the location. This restaurant needs to move to a better location so they can get more customers. I hope that more people will learn to love this place!Special Features:
- Exquisite food and ambiancePikesPeakFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014Carlos himself greeted us at the door with an umbrella to shield us from the rain! Great start to a wonderful evening. Food delicious and artfully presented. Dine on Sunday or Monday evenings 5:00 to 5:30 for specially priced meals. Can be quite expensive otherwise but so worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!diningdivaDined on 8/9/2014The entire dining experience at Carlos' was amazing. We took advantage of the early-bird dinner deal and were glad we did. We were able to enjoy the wonderful food at a reduced rate. They say the portions are smaller for the early-bird dinner but there was plenty for me. Both the service and the food are incredible. I chose this restaurant because of the many positive reviews. Carlos' did NOT disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!eatinwithaviewDined on 8/8/2014We went for my birthday and everything was outstanding... The drinks, the food, the service, the ambience. This will be our go-to special occasion spot. Their strong reviews are well deserved!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatoutluvthebroadmoorDined on 8/5/2014We occasionally go to The Broadmoor for a little extravagance. We have always chosen to eat at Carlos Bistro as it is better than what the Broadmoor has to offer. We arrived in the rain and Carlos came to our car with an umbrella to escort us inside. The food was incredible as was the service. The food presentation was something to "ahh" over. The mushroom soup was indescribably good.Special Features:
- Carlos Bistro is Top NotchColoradoGatorDined on 8/3/2014One of the best places to eat in Colorado. Let alone the Springs. If you cannot find time to go, you have truly missed out on one of the best dining experiences of your life.Special Features:
- Must try! Unexpected gem in CoSp!WayneFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Absolutely delicious! Must try Carlos Bistro. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceNancyDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time I had been to Carlos' Bistro. The experience was fantastic, with no flaws whatsoever. Carlos greeted us upon our arrival and checked in a few times during our meal, but was not at all intrusive. The food was outstanding and beautifully presented. We had the cup of mushroom soup, which may have been my favorite part of the meal. It had a hint of sherry in it and a wonderful, earthy flavor. For the main course, I enjoyed the Veal Saltimbucca and my friend enjoyed the Grilled Shrimp. Both were wonderful and had a beautiful presentation with plenty of fresh vegetables. At Carlos' recommendation, we enjoyed the berries in cream for dessert. We asked Carlos to describe how he made the cream sauce, which he happilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place thats not in a CS hotelRandizzle64VIPDined on 7/21/2014When scouring various websites, looking for a great place to take clients in Colorado Springs, they all seem to be attached to a hotel/resort. When we arrived at this freestanding building outside of town, we were greeted by Carlos, and warmly brought into the restaurant. Wine is half off on Sundays and Mondays, so starting with a bottle of 2007 Dominus, and adding a bottle of Caymus Special Select got things underway. Since we had a table of nine, we ordered four different appetizers (two each), finding the Nachos with Langostino's, Steak Tartar (order if you like capers), and Shrimp Bruschetta to be perfect for sharing and tasting. The calamari was good, but to me, fried food is fried food, so no big deal there. Anyway, go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent service, excellent ambiance, excellent food..I plan to become a regular at Carlos'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Our dinner was absolutely gorgeous-delightful flavors in every dish. Our server, Tim, is blessed with a great sense of humor and an ability to connect with us. He made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a Great RestaurantChicagoGuyVIPDined on 7/14/2014The ambiance was very comfortable and every staff member we encountered was polite, professional and efficient. The menu selections were plentiful, and the wine selection surprisingly sophisticated (and 50% off on Mondays!!) I had a fantastic bone-in ribeye (peppercorn crusted) with saffron risotto, perfectly prepared. My wife raved about her lobster salad. And our girls (5&7) loved their carbonara pasta, despite being picky eaters - it helped that Carlos came by several times to talk with them and make them feel very special. We ordered several desserts, all of which were excellent. My 5-year old declared the chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce "the best dessert ever made" and I am inclined to agree with her.Special Features:
- Service and Food ImpecableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We've never been to a restaurant where the owner came out and greeted us in the parking lot. As we watched from our table, we noticed he would be cleaning things behind the bar while watching for a car to drive into the parking lot. The restaurant is very service oriented and it starts from the top down. When the food came out it was incredible. We ordered a variety of items covering the a large ingredient spread. We tried the Chicken Nachos, Crab Alfredo, and Veil Schnitzel and to our surprise each one was better than the next. Many fine dining places are expensive and portions are small. At Carlo's Bistro, all the portions are average to large in size. If you are going to do fine dining, this is the place to be.Special Features: