185 Main St
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafenormandie.com/
- Phone: 4102633382
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday& Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Louis Evennou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All catered events are custom-designed to accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 20 guests in private balcony area, 30-40 guests in area of main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Suzanne Evennou 4102633382
- Entertainment: We feature a monthly Cabaret evening with featured duo, Love Story.
A word from Cafe Normandie
Consistently voted "Most Romantic" restaurant, Cafe Normandie combines French cuisine with local Maryland specialities. A family business, we have been located in Historic Annapolis for 26 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Normandie - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Cafe Normandie reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (54)special occasion (43)romantic (41)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (21)good for groups (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Almost greatDonHVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our starters, escargot and baked mussels were excellent -- the portions were large, and we should have just got one and shared. Our waitress was very good, though kept rather busy by the crowd. My wife's main course of quail was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My main course of soft-shell crab almandine was a bit disappointing, as the crabs were swimming in so much lemon and butter that I could barely taste the crab. Also, everything served was piping hot, except for my side of rice, which came at room temperature. The room is a bit tight, and also a bit noisy.
- From foodie to foodie: go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014In for the boat show made reservations and wow what a great place. Was like a short trip back to Paris. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceoutalotDined on 10/11/2014Overall a great meal and great service. we were a group of 6. The place was very crowded due to lots happening in town. While it took a little long to get our food, our server was very attentive and friendly. We all ordered different items on the menu and each of them was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis FavoriteLindaDined on 10/1/2014Bouillabaisse and Sancerre for lunch. It doesn't get much better than that!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally AwesomeDelish60Dined on 9/26/2014This place is amazing. Nice location downtown, great service, and delicious, unique food! The portions were surprisingly generous for a French restaurant. I had the "Annapolis" crepe. It was stuffed with shrimp, scallops and crab in a lobster sauce. It was amazing and as I said, they did not skimp on the seafood. The service was great. One lady in our party left her sweater in the booth, and can you believe it, the server came out and found us in the mall to return the sweater. Now that is service that is above and beyond. We will definitely go back whenever we are in Annapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Great Hors d'oeuvres and main course. Good special wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very LoudChrisInMdVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is a loud place, very loud. It is impossible to talk to your dining partner across the table without shouting, which is whateveryone does. We had a fine meal, but it went by without much conversation. At one point, we were even texting each other. I liked the food, but will not go back there.
- Great French country foodBillDined on 9/20/2014The Cafe Normandie is just a wonderful restaurant. Great french country food, ambiance, and the prices are very reasonable. French bistro style seating - you're sitting close to everyone else, but that's what you expect in such a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable atmosphere & good foodBC54Dined on 9/20/2014Cafe Normandie is a quiet restaurant on Main Street Annapolis. We had an early lunch before most patrons arrived, and the service was outstanding. The sauteed calamari was full of flavor, and the salmon in buerre blanc sauce with blueberries was unique and delicious. The lentil soup was tasty, although not as thick as I would have liked. The pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly. We even loved the bread and butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureNewcomer13Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to Cafe Normadie a number of times and it is always consisitant in quality and service.Special Features:
- Omaha BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Great food, I can't pronounce anything on the menu but the Steak with Bordelaise sauce is incredible. The Escargot was also very good.Special Features:
- Elegant and comfortableKellyDined on 9/13/2014Really enjoyed eating lunch at Cafe Normandie. The service was so friendly, and the food was tasty. The French onion soup was especially delicious, tons of flavor and the right balance of cheese, toast, and onions. The croque monsieur was good, though not amazing. The bread was a little too thick and buttery. Would have preferred a more compact sandwich. But the fries were incredible. Thin and perfectly cooked. I'd go back if ever I were back in Annapolis. Really friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014great ambiance and you can watch the crowd walk by on Main Street Annapolis while enjoying delicious crepes in a quiet peaceful room. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Place to Meet Old FriendsinfofamDined on 9/7/2014This was our second time meeting old friends at Cafe Normandie. Besides the food - which is terrific - the atmosphere is perfect for telling long stories, sharing photos and just letting the years apart melt away. Speaking of melting, everyone should have one of their dessert crepes. They are outstanding.Special Features:
- great French restaurantdkw1Dined on 9/3/2014We had the ahi tuna and the mango sea bass, and they were both excellent. We started with cream of crab soup and bread was brought out for us. You will definitely want to order an appetizer for the pacing of the meal. The beer and Sauvignon wine were also good. We saved some room (with difficulty) for dessert, apple crepes. We are returning customers and this is a great restaurant for a special meal. We also found out that they have wine bottle specials on Wednesdays, so we will want to remember that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwernersDined on 9/1/2014Great food, excellent service. I had the veal with wild mushrooms which was excellent with good portions of veal and generous mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We come to Cafe Normandie whenever we sail to Annapolis and it never disappoints. We had the duck and the beef bourginon this time - both hit the spot. Both food and serivce is very consistent.
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Took some out of town guests to dinner. Food was great and the waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- Paris in AnnapolisbillyfromphillyDined on 8/27/2014Terry greeted us as i was admiring 3L bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau...he told me "there is no place like Burgundy" and made an me an offer I couldn't refuse for a Chambolle-Musigny...there was a floral elegance I had never experienced...the menu becomes difficult when presented with classic french staples hard to find all together in one place, wonderful...so, it was Onion Soup for starters, but had to try the Shrimp Provencale, both beyond expectations...onto the main course of Steak Au Poire for me, and Roasted Veal & Mushrooms for my friend, perfect. They also had a special entree of White Corn Risotto...whoa, amazing. The Coup D'Etat prepared table side of Crepes Suzette NOT ON THE MENU. Jean Louis joined us for a Calvados at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go back-again & again & again!time2dineDined on 8/27/2014We've been to Café Normandie for lunch and dinner whenever we are in Annapolis (at least once a year). We've never been disappointed. We think that the dinner menu is better than the lunch offering, both are exceptional. We've gone for lunch the staff has been very accommodating in serving some of the items that are on the dinner menu but not the lunch. Dinner is amazing. While always tempted to get the duck (my favorite) sometimes different dishes and specials offerings win out! The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable not only about the dishes being served but as to why they are being served as they are (sweet versus savory, the relationship between spice and sweet, etc.). Overall a fabulous experience!!Special Features:
- Excellent cuisineapennyforyourtummyDined on 8/23/2014Perfect place for French cuisine this side of the Atlantic. The food is prepared excellently, the service is friendly, and the ambiance is romantic.Special Features:
- Always greatTrishd33VIPDined on 8/22/2014After traveling for 2 months this summer we chose Cafe Normandie as our first restaurant stop in Annapolis. We are never disappointed! It was great as usual.Special Features:
- Not HappyFoxmdDined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was expensive and tacked on $5 charges if people shared a dish.Special Features:
- Location, Location, LocationMemoDined on 8/19/2014Nice location for a day trip to Annapolis. Soft shell crab was good but the greasy roll it was served on not so good. Very noisy atmosphere.
- Great PlacewaspccpaDined on 8/17/2014I've been a fan of Café Normandie for a long time and Sunday evening did not disappoint. Both our entrees were excellent and our server very attentive to our need to catch a curtain call. An Annapolis staple.Special Features:
- Tres BonMerciDined on 8/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for a romantic night before she left for college and we were both very happy with everything. The service was absolutely outstanding, I think our waiter was Trevor but am not positive, we never needed to ask for anything because he always appeared at the right times. He also gave great recommendations and was very nice. My girlfriend got the filet mignon and absolutely loved it and I got the quail which was incredible. Cafe Normandie has a very relaxing and romantic atmosphere and I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service/good foodjohnfromcvilleDined on 8/2/2014We had a large party of 19 who did not arrive until close to 9 pm for an 8:45 reservationon Sat Aug 2nd. It was following a memorial for my mother. The staff was very friendly(Sean in particular) and diligent in getting that large a number served at that hour. we kept them there at least 45 min. past close w/o complaint. Heard no complaints about the food from anyone. Decor and atmosphere could use a freshening up but otherwise a very good experience.Special Features:
- Fit for localsPoppie1945Dined on 7/19/2014Good food located in the middle of the tourist section of Annapolis. Mussels and Frits were as good as you get. Enjoyed Scallops in a lovely corn risotto. Varied menu from dinner and plenty of light fare. The special menu is always a strong choice. Food is fresh, real food, seasoned and flavorful. Good value and fairly priced. The early bide special is a great deal for early eaters. Certainly one of the better places to eat in the Annapolis area. Great service, the table is yours for the evening, just like being in France.Special Features:
- Very goodsleeplessDined on 7/18/2014it was very good. Our young woman waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille Day Menujamann2001Dined on 7/12/2014For just $27 I had the Charcuterie Plate, Roast Duck with Raspberry Sauce and Green Beans with Carrots and Potato Au Gratin, and a dessert of Dulce de Leche Cheesecake. It was excellent! It was very festive and loud in the cafe for the Bastille Day Celebration. I enjoyed it! I liked the wine too, I had a white wine "Sancerre", it was afforable. Vive la revolution!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too expensiveKatieVIPDined on 7/12/2014There was a large group of us visiting for a wedding and Cafe Normandie was one of the few places that could guarantee a reservation for 12. We got in easily for brunch on Saturday and the food was good. Our waiter and waitress were both friendly. However, they don't inform you how much "add-ons" are, so be be careful. They refilled our coffee without asking, and we found out when our bill came it was an extra $2 (on top of an already pricey $5 for one mug of regular coffee.) Two of us had cheddar and tomato added to our omelets, and it was an extra $2 for the tomatoes (diced, couldn't have been more than 1/4 of an actual tomato) and $3 for the handful of cheese. Kind of ridiculous. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Best Place EverKimLDined on 7/11/2014We eat here a lot less than we would like to because it is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. The French Onion Soup is the best I've ever had. It has ruined other restaurants for me. The brie is a must. Again...I would go there just for the brie. Great wine list and the Annapolis crepe or scallops and risotto are amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful place in Annapolis!MeettheMillersDined on 7/6/2014Great all around place to dine. We had dinner and brunch there: great cuisine! Other than a busy Saturday night July 4th weekend, when they proceeded to see us tightly between two other pairs, thus we requested another seat which they graciously accommodated our request and escorted us upstairs, which had nice ambiance. Service was great as well! We’d go back there in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceNaptownerDined on 7/5/2014Had a pre-theatre dinner here Saturday night...Tried the Fixed price menu and had a pleasant meal...Ordered a New England clam chowder...a special...and it came out cold...and unremarkable...I tried the duck with raspberries and was very pleased with the choice...My lady had the flank steak and it was nicely done. Wine recommendation was stellar...Service was excellent...Coffee was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not exceptionalFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have eaten at many French restaurants in many cities, including Paris. Cafe Normandie is very good, but not the kind of place that will wow you. Sometimes, that is fine. Hubby had the scallops and risotto. He said it was good but average. He would order it again. I had the beef bourguignon and it, too, was good but average. I must say I thought it was unusual that it was served with pasta instead of potatoes, but I would order it again. I had the early bird special and that was a good value. The service and ambiance were very good. We would dine at Cafe Normandie again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Eggs Benedict!SusanDined on 7/5/2014Everything was amazing! From the coffee to the baked brie appetizer to the eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, everything was just delicious! We were there for lunch on a sunny Saturday and the service was great too!Special Features:
- Authentically FrenchAnnapolitanDined on 7/3/2014Cafe Normandie is an Annapolis gem. The service is professional, the food is unique, the owner is present... don't miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TummyumDined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious. Service was excellent! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very niceFrancesVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food was excellent; ambiance was pleasant; sound level was quiet. The four of us had a pleasant conversation with each other. The staff were friendly and professional. Definitely will go back and recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- GKW1308Dined on 6/28/2014We enjoy the wine selection. Food has been good, and affordable. Decor is outdated and the resturant needs updating. Chicken Normandy, and the Roasted Chicken dishes were excellent choices. Baked mussels are very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.