3295 30th Street
Boulder, CO 80301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bouldercork.com/
- Phone: 3034439505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Smailer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different banquet rooms available for hosting rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, anniversaries, showers, wedding dinners and family reuinons. In the business world we do business meetings, boardroom dinners, financial seminars, pharmaceutical presentations, and group lunches and dinners
- Private Party Contact: Donna Karmeris 3034439505
A word from Boulder Cork
The Boulder Cork Restaurant has provided quality food and excellent service since 1969. The restaurant is now one of Colorado’s most renowned dining experiences. The casual, yet attentive atmosphere is the perfect place to spend a special evening, be it to relax with friends or entertain business associates. Our banquet facilities can accommodate large groups with the quiet proficiency and superior quality that has become the hallmark of The Boulder Cork. The food is an impressive display of creativity and variety, masterminded by the chef, Jim Smailer. Chef Smailer has created an enticing offering of steaks, prime rib, chicken, pasta, and fresh fish selections; all on the cutting edge of culinary delight. The food is as fresh as the market allows. The true epicurean will agree that our efforts are apparent to both the eyes and the palate, from the appetizer through the handmade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Boulder Cork - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Boulder Cork reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (41)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (40)romantic (34)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Boulder CorkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We've been to the Cork a dozen times over the last 20 years. Sorry to say it has slowly grown overpriced with only average fare. This last visit, very noisy too. Good waiter, a little slow receiving our meal, though.Special Features:
- A Boulder Institutionned1Dined on 9/27/2014Very well prepared food. A very good wine list. Service efficient and not obsequious. It has been around for a long time, and there is a reason for this. This restaurant does everything well. The Filè Oscar was outstanding. Bearnaise sauce was delicious and just the right amount was on the plate. Overall I had a wonderful time with my husband celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- 2 for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014I've had dinner here twice in the last 6 months with business colleagues. Both times the food was very good (prime rib, filet and sides) and the service excellent. I really enjoyed the wedge salad. Our waitress (wish I remembered her name) was very helpful to a veggitarian in our party - suggesting dishes that the kitchen could prepare that were not on the menu, and following up to make sure he was happy with his meal.
- when you want a good steak...gabrielratchetDined on 9/21/2014with fairly classic accompaniment, a good glass of wine, and attentive but not intrusive service. my favorite place to take my son for dinner when visiting him at school. i expect it's rather quieter when the broncos aren't coming back against the seahawks in the fourth quarter...Special Features:
- NoiseWillieDined on 9/14/2014A very loud table across the dining room made the evening less enjoyable than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Timer's ReviewpaterfamiliaDined on 9/12/2014The Noise Level rating bar ends at "Energetic" and next is "Do not recall". I'd suggest the latter should be replaced by something approximating "deafening".Special Features:
- Service was pretentious and slackPretendiousDined on 9/11/2014The waiter sported a fake accent, and neglected to bring certain ordered items. We were forced to flag down another waiter to request the rest of our entree. The menu was okay, and the food was okay. I may return if I am in a group and someone finds the location convenient. Otherwise, I plan to seek out restaurants with more vegan options and less pretentious waiters.Special Features:
- BobbleDined on 9/7/2014The food is usually great here, but it often takes a while for a server to greet the table and then the server isn't very engaged for the rest of the evening. Pretty good happy hour too! I give it 3 out of 5 stars!
- Great anniversary celebrationDaveDined on 9/7/2014We came back to Boulder to celebrate our 46th anniversary. The revive and food was excellent. The server was very helpful. We had the Prime Rib that was out of this world tender and cooked to perfection. We live in Oklahoma but grew up in Boulder and will definitely come back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!eatoutoftenDined on 9/5/2014We were not sure exactly what to expect since we are visitors to Boulder. We were a party of 6, celebrating an anniversary. We were delighted. You come for the beef and we were not disappointed. The sides were rich and generous. And, they surprised us with a slab of mudcake for 6 for a dessert. Altogether an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!disappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Consistently terrific food and service. When you want the best prime rib—the place to go!Special Features:
- yum45Dined on 9/4/2014We went for the early dinner specials. I had the salmon which was tasty, but very skimpy. My husband had the stew with vegetables. It was tasty also, but he couldn't find the vegetables. Service was great. We had asked for a quiet table and was accommodated. Overall, still a good restaurant, but portions for the early dinners are very small!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect to meet old friendsrhondaahrensDined on 9/3/2014Had lunch with two long time colleagues and it was a pleasant experience we split a bottle of wine, sat in the bar and stuck with the standard menu fare of fish tacos, one person had the enchilada special and one had a very large and delicious serving of mango sorbet for dessert. Perfect way to catch up and enjoy top notch service and food! Love their happy hour deals too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchAnnATDined on 9/3/2014We came from out of town and the team had lunch at Boulder Cork to prep for a meeting that the afternoon. Seeing that this was our first time there and very much enjoyed the atmosphere and food, we all agreed that this was a great find! Great food, great atmosphere and perfect location!!! We'll definitely be back and recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceTimetoeatDined on 8/29/2014We wish we had had three scallops instead of two. They looked lonely. The peach ice cream was wonderful. Guess it came from Glacier Homemade Ice Cream.Special Features:
- More Than Just Great SteaksTomSVIPDined on 8/28/2014The Cork has always been known for its great beef. What sets this restaurant apart are the specials created by chef Jim Smailer. We enjoyed an excellent three course dinner that showcased some of the kitchen's creativity. The place is usually very busy, and offers a popular happy hour, hence dinner reservations are strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280CarolecooksDined on 8/28/2014I loved my dinner; we all did. Only complaint, the portions were ridiculously small. I drove up to boulder to take my 2 CU kids to restaurant, we were hungry when we left.Special Features:
- Restaurant week911skibumVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our family frequents the Cork and we were disappointed by the small portions of the fish and steak that we had ordered for our restaurant week special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014Entree was good. Appetizers were average. Service was bad. Had to ask for bread. Fork was dirty and our waitress took it away but never brought another one back. Would not return
- Nice place for special occassionsNice2treatDined on 8/26/2014The Boulder Cork is a nice restaurant for special occasions or for taking out-of-town guests. It can be a bit noisy when the restaurant is busy, but it has a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cork has lost its charm66dinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Cork has lost its charm. Once a 'fine dining' type restaurant it is now a much more casual, loud scene. Our waiter, name not given, was more like a fast food server than an attentive server. The Denver Week menu food was good, but not excellent. Our time spent was marred by a groups nearby shouting to be heard. If you can, ask for a table in an area with only 2 or 4 tops to try to avoid a party scene.
- $30.00 PER PERSON OVER PRICEDhungrywolfeDined on 8/24/2014I ordered scallops from the special restaurant week menu, the meal included 2 scallops and the sides were minimal two small scoops of tomato sauce and polenta, the salad was one bite of watermelon and a few leaves, desert was decent at least! My husband ordered the flat steak which consisted of 6 small slices over a small scoop of mashed potatoes and 2 shrimps essentially 3 or 4 bites of food not enough for dinner, the appetizer of assorted smoked fish was good. The portions were so skimpy it was laughable for the price. I should have ordered off the regular menu.
- LouisvillerezLouisvillerezDined on 8/23/2014We fined at Boulder Cork for the first time on the recommendation of a friend. Great food, wonderful attentive service and a nice wine list. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamiDined on 8/23/2014The descriptions of the food are enticing, the presentations delight the eye. The taste of each item is distinct. Our three meals were cooked to perfection, both the seafood and steak; each side was unique. Wine and desserts were superb. We've always enjoyed our experience and meal at the Cork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLarryDined on 8/22/2014The food was good as usual and service excellent. It was quite noisy but it was Friday night. If you want your filet to be one normal piece, you had better order it that way since mine had 2 pieces, one of them quite small.Special Features:
- Reliably goodcanteloupe1Dined on 8/22/2014The Boulder Cork has become a regular venue for special occasion dining for my family.Special Features:
- Fun dinnerGeoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food, good service. Fun evening. Suggest adding more Sonoma County red wines to wine list but we found a good zin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak sandwich everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful lunch !! Of course it's always superbSpecial Features:
- SeaRayDined on 8/19/2014Great food, good atmosphere, outstanding service and overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersherbertDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for an anniversary dinner. 8 seated at a nice round table. Thank you Cork for having round tables. Rib eyes done perfectly and sized to split (the 18oz ones).Special Features:
- Perfect for Birthday DelebrationCameronDined on 8/15/2014We took my 16 year old son to the Cork to celebrate his birthday. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend the Cork's Favorite steak but all of the dishes were tasty. The complimentary birthday dessert was enough to feed a horse (or a 16 yr old boy).Special Features:
- A Little Disappointing this TimeCyndeeDined on 8/15/2014We have been long time (20 plus years) patrons of the Cork. We go far enough back to when it was the Cork and Cleaver! :) We came this past Friday, and had a one entrée that was not great at all. I ordered the prime rib, which was wonderful, but my husband ordered the lamb chops, which we do often, and they were not good. They were tough and super fatty. He could barely eat them. He did mention it to the waitress on the way out, and she said she wished he had said something at the time, but of course, when you do that, then the other person's meal is getting cold while it's being addressed. Also, the oven browned potato did not come out with the meal. Disappointing, as this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Could make it in NYCBob1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We always go to Cork when we visit our granddaughter in Boulder. Food and service are outstanding. Great steaks. Compares to some of the best we have had in NYC.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerbirthdaydineDined on 8/8/2014Not sure why but the waitress only dealt with us in her spare time. We go there twice a year, for special occasions, so we don't know why this year was different.Special Features:
- FAVORITE STEAK RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We travel 30 miles from Loveland, Co when we wish to have a great steak dinner. The Cork NEVER has disappointed us. Thank you for a fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningtableof4Dined on 8/8/2014The Boulder Cork never disappoints. We had excellent food and polite and attentive service. This is a gem of Boulder and outside the hustle and bustle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder Corkcooltimg4Dined on 8/7/2014Another amazing meal at the boulder cork. Definitely the best stakes around and the mud pie is the best desert I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakshendyDined on 8/4/2014The baseball cut sirloin is outstanding and cooked to perfection, and the filet is exceptional. Never had a disappointing cut. Great steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GSBCGradDined on 7/24/2014Good dinner. Nice clean restaurant. Food was cooked as ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!MollieDined on 7/21/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we had a truly enjoyable experience. Our waitress was a real treat - she looked like she actually enjoyed her job. She was very attentive and happy, and had a great sense of humor. Our food was wonderful. My husband and I had steaks and they were cooked to perfection. They were thick, tasty and tender. Wine selection was excellent. The only disappointment we had was the host staff. We were barely greeted when we arrived, and the two hostesses were too busy in their own conversation to acknowledge us when we left. But overall, that was pretty minor to the rest of our dining experience. We will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to our friends and out of town guests!Special Features: