Blue Bird Bistro
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Bird Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluebirdbistro.com/
- Phone: (816) 221-7559
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday 7am to 10pm Sunday 10am to 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Steak, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Lisa Yamanaka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: blue bird bistro will prepare organic, all natural and local food for your special event. E-mail us at email@example.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: blue bird bistro has private rooms seating up to 40 guests or receptions for up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Morgan 8162217559
- Special Events: Monthly farmers' table dinners, five courses of all local food. Details on farmerstable.bluebirdbistro.com
A word from Blue Bird Bistro
The idea behind blue bird bistro is a simple one. Actually, it's more an ideal than an idea. An ideal that starts with a passion for organic food and our desire to share its benefits. A belief in pure, all natural foods unburdened of artificial additives and preservatives. A responsibility to promote sustainable foods and the positive impact that it makes on our world. And a commitment to work closely with local farmers who share in these ideals. The result is an eclectic mix of flavorful, delicious organic fare, ideal for the discerning diner. A diner who truly understands how good organic can be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Blue Bird Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Blue Bird Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (35)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (12)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DGBOutOnTheTownDined on 11/9/2014Disappointed. Seems like the Blue Bird is on a downward slide. Breakfast meal was cold to the touch. Server was pleasant but we were kept waiting for extended period of time between her visits to the table. We have loved the Blue Bird in the past but now have had a poor breakfast and poor dinner previously as well. We will wait for something to change for the better before we return.
- Great RestaurantNICOLEKCDined on 11/9/2014We went for Brunch, have only gone for breakfast and lunch in the past. They weren't too busy but our waitress acted very busy, service was slow and we had to wait for our order a little too long. We have had great service in the past so we want to say this may have just been an off day or Sunday's are maybe not the day for us to go.Special Features:
- Good food, service lackingJennDined on 11/8/2014Blue Bird Bistro has a great menu of local foods, but the service is sub-par. Expect to wait 10 minutes or more for your server to come to your table, and you might want to give them a heads up if you like prompt refills as after you order they won't come around until they bring your food out. Then after the initial drop off of food, hope you don't suddenly decide you'd like a condiment, as they won't be coming around until time to drop off the checkSpecial Features:
- Ii give this Bistro Five stars.LvFoodDined on 10/30/2014The food and service is FIVE Star. All drinks are hand crafted.Special Features:
- first time!drdebrah1Dined on 10/19/2014I just moved to kc 3 months ago, made my first rez thru Opentable. Everything was easy. When I met my friend to drive to Bluebird, she had invited a friend, did not tell me. So, we showed up needing a table for 3 instead of 2. We had to wait 20 min for table change, waitress took 10 min to take our drink order, another 20 min for brunch order. Which would have been fine, but we had Ballet tickets for 2:00. Waitress was very concerned and accomodating about our time frame. Earned her a 30% tip. Can't wait to take a friend back. DGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, super slow servideBoatguyDined on 10/18/2014Selected Blue Bird for farm-to-table offerings. While the food was tasty and the server friendly, it took 1.5 hours for our salads to arrive and 2 hours for the entrees. The small serving sizes were disappointing. Server comped us drinks and dessert for the long wait. We rarely eat out, and love small locally owned places, but will select a different restaurant next time.Special Features:
- Before theater treatEmmyDined on 10/10/2014We decided late to dine out before performance at Music Hall. We were pleased to find an early table at Blue Bird using Open Table. Service was courteous and prompt without being intrusive. Meal was delicious. We arrived at theater just at the right time!Special Features:
- Blue BirdBERGRVIPDined on 10/5/2014Brunch was wonderful. The French toast, the omelets perfect. Farm to table makes it all worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and OrganicJMMHVIPDined on 10/4/2014How can you beat a combination of delicious and organic? Great service, nice atmosphere, accommodates allergies. With a smile.Special Features:
- Hit and MissKcdinerDined on 9/26/2014I'm hoping that my last trip to Blue Bird was an aberration. Service was very slow and the food wasn't quite up to the same level I've had in the past. Perhaps there's been a change in management?
- pretentiousArkansasTravelerDined on 9/21/2014We were led to a four top table with one side sticking out into the main traffic, before being seated, I asked the host if we could have the table in the corner out of the traffic pattern, he stated he needed that table, it remained empty for our entire stay as well as half the tables in the room. Our server was a bit confused at times. I have never appreciated drinks served in mason jars and I still don't. The hostess/owner? was wearing a tank-top and had long hair not tied back. My wife asked for a substitution on her breakfast it was brought to the table unchanged, when she sent it back, they simply shuffled the food around on the plate and added raw kale, it looked a mess.
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodies4FriendsDined on 9/21/2014The four of us enjoy going out to new places and thouroughly enjoyed the Blue Bird! The atmosphere is fantastic and we ended up walking around the area for a few hours after brunch. They were in the middle of changing there seasonal menu and drink menu. I ordered a drink and she came back and said they were out of blackberries for muddling. (sounds good, right!) I ordered a different drink and she came back and said they were out of whatever was to be in that drink. But they muddled bluberries for me in the orginal blackberries drink and gave it free to me. That stuff happens, and it's all in how a restaurant handles it. Well done! We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableSeekingfreshDined on 9/20/2014The main courses were innovative and the plates came out beautiful and with the perfect sides to the main. We enjoyed the pork and the halibut. The salad was a bit wilted and not too interesting...with just greens a bit of cheese and nuts. Service was warm, attentive without being invasive and very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!tbndcVIPDined on 9/13/2014We don't live in Kansas City and when there we always search for a sincere, owner-operated restaurant with wholesome food, prepared with affection and simplicity. This is it! We will be back, asap. It is warm and friendly and the organic, flexible menu has something for everyone, vegan, vegetarian, fish, meat, or fowl. I had the salmon and it was beautifully prepared. My husband had the delicious pork, and my sister had the vegan curry. We were all very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is always good. Under-rated in my opinion. I cannot understand why it isn't packed every night.Special Features:
- DisappointingcorgsinKCDined on 8/17/2014I went there for brunch and was very disappointed. Not only were they out of a lot of items (including jam for biscuits) but we waited forever for our food. Finally, after 15min, the waitress came to tell me they were out of the fritatta and served my friend while I waited. I was then brought a sad, small omelet with tiny bits of red pepper and squash inside. Half of the ingredients listed on the omelet on the menu were not in there. My side of bacon was a floppy 3" slice of gray bacon and a bunch of gristle. By this point, I was so hungry I just ate it even though it looked unappetizing. The coffee was good and my friend's blackberry and mint pancakes were delicious, but overall the service was lacking and the food extremely disappointing.
- Spectacular Food; Boring ServiceTimDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our first experience at Blue Bird - we went for dinner & it was absolutely exceptional food. Our server, however, was an older woman and very boring and rarely came to the table after taking our order. The dining room we sat in was stark and boring, although I loved the ceiling, but the walls looked dirty and it felt like could benefit from a good cleaning. All that said, I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for its food. I had the ribeye which was absolutely perfectly cooked and came with outstanding sides. My husband had the risotto and our friend had the 10 hour pork. Everything was delicious and we look forward to trying brunch on another date. We will certainly return for dinner too, but we'll face the other direction from walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastSardiVIPDined on 8/16/2014French toast in the best in KC! Bacon was crisp and coffee hot! One of my favorite breakfast spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected delightChetDined on 8/15/2014Salad was extraordinarily bold and deep in color. The entrees were both very good - high in flavor and nice portions. The 10 hour Pork was perfectly brazed and the vegetarian dish was loaded with great mushrooms and with a hint of fresh lemon.Special Features:
- A great spot for breakfastKarenVIPDined on 8/14/2014We were meeting friends from out of town, and the bluebird was the perfect spot to meet for a late breakfast. Great menu and food was lovely.Special Features:
- really?pppkkkkVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a 3:30pm reservation on a Saturday; there were no other customers. The wine list does not include any Pinot Grigios or Pinot Gris. Whatever we ordered, they returned with "we don't have that today--this included one of their salad dressings." No cranberry juice on hand for a Cosmopolitan; no chicken for their starters. The wait staff was extremely nice but was embarrassed to have to continuously say "I'm sorry but..." We were surprised they were so low on inventory given that it was a Saturday!
- sassyDined on 8/2/2014food was excellent...bit lax on getting one order to the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 631 reviews are from the Blue Bird Bistro reviews archive.
- Nice ambiencedetroitdinerDined on 7/12/2014Greatly enjoyed the ambience and experience at Blue Bird Bistro. Food was wonderful, service was very good and the restaurant had a nice feel to it. Will definitely return on a future visit to KC.Special Features:
- First time's a charm!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014First time here and will definitely come back. Food was so delicious and my Lady Madonna drink was so tasty I could have drank a gallon of it! I had the gnocchi and my husband had the halibut and both were scrumptious!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNICOLEKCDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant and we had great service and great food. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Kansas CityAriastarfireDined on 7/3/2014The food was by far the best we had our entire weekend in KCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't listen to reviewsDJDMIDined on 6/28/2014I had the bison burger and my wife had the tomato sandwich. We also had the meatballs as an appetizer. Everything was excellent including the service. Our waiter suggested a wonderful wine that we both enjoyed. Overall this was a very pleasent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Entrees for party of four arrived at different times. Lengthy wait for a half empty restaurant.
- R2eat2Dined on 6/20/2014It seemed like Blue Bird Bistro did not have their food inventory stocked up for the Friday lunch crowd. We inquired about soup of the day - there was none. We asked for fresh-made chips with entrees - there were none. The menu looked enticing to accommodate our vegetarian guest - I ordered the veg shepherd's pie. The spring salad with blueberry vinaigrette was good, but the entree was bland, and the smoked tofu did not balance well with the dish. Other guests had the bison burger and loose burger and they enjoyed them. I think there needs to be more energy put into the vegetarian lunch selections, and I would like to give it another try.
- kitchen commentsfoodieintrainingDined on 6/15/2014The kitchen was obviously in disarray. My first choice was not available (restaurant had been open only 45 minutes) and my 2nd choice took forever to get to the table. Both were egg based. Maybe they had to encourage the free range chickens to lay eggs. This is the first time I have had an experience like this at this restaurant. But it makes me think twice about having brunch there again any time soon,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be BackJMMHVIPDined on 6/14/2014I had not been to this organic place for years. The last time I had eaten there (that chef is gone) I was not happy. This time I loved it... again... as did all in my party. For those who love organic food this is the best in town. If you just want good food, this is a place to try. Non - gluten items more than available. The owner also worked very hard to ensure our allergies could be accommodated.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemsusanDined on 6/13/2014While I was expecting the best cuisine, I was not impressed; my salmon was prepared exactly as I ordered, but lack flavor. We will go again to try other dishes. Our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- WoodVIPDined on 6/9/2014I found the food lacking in taste and overall disappointing.
- Always a good meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I have been going to Blue Bird on and off for 10 years. The food is always wonderfully prepared and the menu is always inventive and has a variety of menu items. Highly recommend Blue Bird.Special Features:
- JakeDined on 5/24/2014I really like this place. My daughter and son-in-law were in town from L.A. We planned a Saturday night out for dinner, I threw this one out for consideration, and that was the choice based upon my comments and a few of their friends. The online menu sealed it. We had a nice evening, the food was interesting and good, and the service excellent. The place was not busy at all for a holiday Saturday evening. My only criticism is the same one I always have here: Too small of entree servings for the price. That consistent factor probably cuts down on our regular visits by once every 3 to 4 months, otherwise we would be regulars. Even with a dessert special for the occasion, I still left hungry. And, this was not the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We eat out a lot because we travel so much. We were in KC visiting our daughter and son for Mother's Day. Our daughter suggested your restaurant and we agreed because we had been there before and the food is very good. But NEVER have we had such poor service as we did that day! The young man was inattentive and did not even bring things when asked ! Very disappointed as this affected the mood of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Good, but a bit chaoticdiningwithlittlesDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and we were seated upstairs, which actually worked out pretty well for us because we had little kids along, but I think I would have been frustrated with the ambiance if we'd been just adults. Our server was fine, but it was clear that the kitchen was over-worked and under-staffed. I think most of the people upstairs felt a little ignored. That being said, the food was wonderful and we all had a great time.Special Features:
- Organic, LocalBirthdayGirlDined on 5/10/2014I like seeing the garden across the street. Everything is freshly prepared using organic, local ingredients. Some portions are small but adequate.Special Features:
- enjoyablejimjr21Dined on 5/7/2014Really enjoy Blue Bird Bistro. Flavors are amazing. I wanted every entree on the menu and the two desserts were fabulous. Will be back again.Special Features:
- spottyMikeLyonDined on 5/5/2014Usually such a good experience here. Monday, however, was disappointing. My father ordered tofu scramble which turned out to be stir-fried tofu and veggies with a biscuit - bland understates it. My chicken salad would have been delicious if not for the having been so horribly over-salted (I mean burn-the-mouth salty). And instead of the honey-drizzled corn muffin described in the menu, my scoop of salty salad without other garnish arrived with a dry biscuit. No butter, no honey, no nothing. On the plus side, the Westside Cab martini three of us shared was delicious even though our server un-apologetically spilled it on the table, incompletely wiping up after and leaving us with a very sticky surface. UGH. Better luck next time!