221 Highway 165, Suite L
Placitas, NM 87043Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bladesbistro.com/
- Phone: 5057710695x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Christmas Holiday Hours:
Monday Dec. 23rd open from 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Christmas Eve Dec. 24th open from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Closed Christmas Day Dec. 25th
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Kevin P. Bladergroen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Small groups, please contact restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available on Monday evenings and for the lunch hours Monday through Thursday.
- Private Party Contact: Anja Bladergroen 5057710695x
- Entertainment: In the summer months (May through September): Live Music on the outside patio that varies from Jazz to Folk.
"Blades' Bistro is a classy blend of classic, whimsical; it is an oasis of sophistication thriving in Placitas. Everything about Blades' is nicer than you'd expect, in the best possible way. The dining room is refined and quiet and the exhibition kitchen classy."
- By Andrea Lin For the ABQ Journal
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Excellent as alwaysJimTrittenVIPDined on 10/18/2014Thanks again for a great meal. Always enjoy driving from Corrales to Placitas.Special Features:
- Favorite SpotLouiseDined on 10/17/2014Blades is always the first place I think of for fine dining. We take our visiting guests there and they are always very pleased with the food and service. The varied menu would satisfy any diner and the specials are always creative. Some of our favorites are the Sole Menuire and the Steak Frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Quality DiningChuck23Dined on 10/16/2014Blades is a true local gem. Great food, service and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, not for romanceLuvmywine98Dined on 10/10/2014Food was good, drink selection was fantastic. Went for romantic evening, but far too loud. Private booths would take the experience to another levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-end food, nice atmosphereChasDined on 10/7/2014This place is oddly out in the middle of nowhere, but accessible. Great food, well prepared (though not terribly creative), reasonably priced. Nice atmosphere. A little slow on the service.Special Features:
- Friday nightsASDMarchDined on 10/3/2014outstanding place to dine. food & atmosphere is hard to beat. we had the entire patio to ourselves and the owner took great care of us! it's our new haunt!Special Features:
- Blade's dinnerQuietSeekerDined on 10/2/2014Dinner was for three. Service as fine and food was great. Reservations were honored and seating was immediate. Blade's has a nice wine selection. It could feature most California wines, however.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014We found Blades somewhat by accident when my Open Table app updated. We are new to NM and had not found anything worthwhile without traveling to Albuquerque. Nothing compares to this in the northern part of Rio Rancho. The owners and wait staff are outstanding and the food was excellent. Will definitely be back and anxious to try brunch and the outdoor seating sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive !!!ArthurDined on 9/27/2014If you live in central ABQ, you're missing a great night of outstanding cuisine in a really nice atmosphere, and fun entertainment in a truly delightful bistro. And it won't sap your pocketbook like a lot of those Uptown and Nob Hill places.Special Features:
- Good even if an "off night"MaggieDined on 9/20/2014Have dined at Blades Bistro many times and loved it. Overwhelmingly busy night for staff there on September 20th so the service and the food was not at the level it typically has been. Salad arrived without dressing, water and bread slow to arrive at table. Glad business is good at Blades but maybe a little tweaking to make sure that quality doesn't suffer even when business is booming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCLConsultingDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food, friendly service, good wine selection & bar, outdoor dinning, sometimes with live music. Go early Friday after wine tasting @ the Merc for a less crowded dinning. Ask for seating to view the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion ApprovedFefe27Dined on 9/16/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday dinner. It was a nice, romantic environment, the price was right and the food was good. It was a great escape from Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Blades Does It AgainTom1Dined on 9/12/2014My favorite restaurant. Great food, service and a wonderful staff. Make the short trip to Placitas...you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, nice ambienceLJfoodieDined on 9/6/2014This was my second time here. I enjoyed it. Service was a bit slow, but it was busy and we had a party of 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Strip is excellentlovePlacitasDined on 9/2/2014The New York Strip Steak with horseradish crust is excellent and the accompanying vegetables are cooked just so, not over cooked. The salad is clearly local source and very tasty. And the Apple Tart for the day is small but just right to end the meal - really good and garnished with ultra thin slices of apple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the music on the patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another terrific night of good food and music on the patio. Too bad a few tables couldn't leave their loud conversations at home. Nothing nicer than music on the patio on a lovely evening. Food is wonderful. Service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Always excellentbonitaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again we enjoyed every bite at Blades. Friendly, vibrant and delicious.Special Features:
- AnonreviewerDined on 8/23/2014Loved the outside table and listening to the trio of musicians. Inside was noisy. Food was good. I will return but will ask for a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent meal, great service and actually reasonable price tag for fine dining.Special Features:
- Nice little gemlagourmandeDined on 8/16/2014Have dined at Blades Bistro in the evenings and have had consistently great meals. Love the fact that it's not in the city and that it is a small restaurant. Nice little neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KB07Dined on 8/12/2014We had a great experience there. The food was great and our waiter was excellent. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLindaDeVDined on 8/9/2014We love this place; the food is outstanding, the service always great. We wish it were closer to home, but then maybe we'll just move to Placitas so that it is!Special Features:
- A Gem in PlacitasTom1Dined on 8/2/2014Blades constantly excels and it a wonderful find in Placitas...worth the short drive from anywhere. Anya and Kevin are great hosts and the staff is superb.Special Features:
- Blade's BistroHonestDined on 8/2/2014The food was awful. The waitperson was ridiculously lame. She did not know anything about the preparation or ingredients of any of the menu items. We waited for an hour for appetizers and then they were served to only 1/2 the people at the table. We had to complain to the owner to get the remaining appetizer items served. The owner sent another waitress to our table to straighten things out. The new waitress promptly disappeared and the original waitress returned and continued to fumble the service. The food was just terrible. We had been there several times a few years ago and enjoyed it. It has definitely gone downhill and we won't be going there again.
- Awesome as alwaysDanielBDined on 8/1/2014To start the cocktails of the day were amazing; The food was delicious including the specials of the day; The service was excellent. We had a party of 7 and the service did not falter. The restaurant can get a little loud so I would not deem it as romantic, but for a special occasion and for a reason to leave Albuquerque but not have to head all the way to Santa Fe Blades' Bistro is an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Blades BistrofrcxDined on 7/31/2014One of our favorites. I has been great every time we have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to homeDaveVIPDined on 7/29/2014Another great experience and meal at Blades. I had a friend from back east visiting and I bragged to him about how great Blades is and you delivered again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food LOUSY serviceTravelerBobDined on 7/26/2014The wait staff was way over committed and management knew it and did NOTHING to help. Orders were wrong, items ordered were not delivered. Orders were very long in being brought to the table, 47minutes for the appetizers from order to table. One appetizer came within ten minutes but the other four waited another thirty plus minutes. Then when it finally came in was COD and only a half full bowl of soup for which they did charge full price. NO bread. Service was just bad. Waiter reaching across the table and in front of people to serve and clear. Food once served would have been good had it been warm or even hot like it was supposed to be.Special Features:
- Great Food & Inexpensive Wine=GreatArtHDined on 7/25/2014Blades Bistro is a gem in bucolic Placitas. It provides a marvelous menu with exciting specials. The Watermelon Gazpacho and Peach Caprese salad were flavorful and unique. Peaches provided a taste sensation that worked great.They were melt in your mouth ripe and sweet with a very peachy flavor. The Gazpacho was tasty and its coolness great for a very hot day. Mains were perfectly cooked and presented.The duck breast and veal marsala were tender and rich with flavor. The wine we picked was a full bodied 2011 Chilean blend of carmenere, syrah, cabernet sauvignon, malbec, and petit verdot that was a superb match for both of the rich mains. We shared the great chocolate trio to top off our wonderful dinner. We strongly recommend Blades Bistro.Special Features:
- Give it a shot!DrGerrieDined on 7/24/2014Being a New Yorker, I like to ask the locals for their recommendations as to where they eat....and this one was a real find! It was recommended by a local, and was out in the middle of nowhere......but well worth the ride to find it tucked away off the highway. Servers were attentive without being obtrusive. Food was very good....excellent french onion soup and decadently rich boeuf bourginone! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton's Mom EliseBestBladesDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple and the four of us loved the food. We ordered the Paella, Frutti de mare, chicken livers, and a shrimp and salmon salad and we all raved about our entrees. The service was friendly and the waiter knew each dish. We live in the area and plan on returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellDined on 7/19/2014Duck delicious- crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth inside, green chile hamburger chiledicious and so good with truffle friesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningjamacaDined on 7/19/2014Although there was one disappointing menu item we ate, Anya was the perfect owner - she apologized and credited us for it (even though we ate it all)- the food is delicious and service was exemplary - Anya is charming and treated us with special care and allowed us to sit and listen to the music on the patio after our first two courses and then return inside for our dessert. The wait staff were attentive and charming. This is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions and any occasion! We have been there before and will certainly be there again.Special Features:
- ClarkcanreallypickemDined on 7/17/2014Restaurant was recommended by staff at the Range Cafe. Surprising find in the desert! Great food, excellent service, extensive wine list. Had a special $25/bottle wine list. What a deal!Special Features:
- A gem. An absolute gem.TableTalkDined on 7/17/2014Just finished dining at Blades for the third time. New to the area. We have yet to have anything but an overwhelmingly positive experience. Anya and Kevin could not be more genuinely welcoming and authentic, and Jeffrey our waiter is as warm as he is professional and as knowledgeable as he is friendly. The staff, the décor, the vibe, and especially the food and wine selections are just so well done. We appreciate great food and overall excellence whether it's service, atmosphere, professionalism and Blades has been simply excellent for each of our three visits. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I take clients here often...great loction, small size bistro...wide menu choices, attentive service. Always a 10!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 7/12/2014We heard other reviews complaining of the noise level, but on Saturday night with almost every table full, we did not find Blades overly noisy. It was easy to hold a conversation. The food was absolutely outstanding. Watermelon gazpacho was a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BladesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Blades is our neighborhood bistro. Great food, great wine list, excellent service.Special Features:
- Consistent High QualityGeraldDined on 7/3/2014One of the best in Albuquerque. Sit at the Chef's counter.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunchMarciaDined on 6/29/2014There are a number of delicious breakfast items plus delicious specials.Special Features: