400 Sixth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theblackwallhitch.com/
- Phone: 4102633454x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Blackwall Hitch
From the moment you enter Blackwall Hitch in Annapolis’ Historic Eastport, you sense the attention to detail that has been harnessed to bring you and your companions a complete and satisfying dining experience. You sense the urban chic vibe with a connection to history, see and feel the attention to detail with comfortable, creative spaces for gatherings, smell the salty and savory aromas wafting from the oyster bar and dining area, and hear the bustle and music in the pub. After receiving easy-going, yet excellent service, sampling a signature Blackwall Hitch cocktail, and savoring a palate-and-hunger-satiating dinner, the voice in your ear says, “I have found my new favorite place in Naptown!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Blackwall Hitch - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Blackwall Hitch reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (20)special occasion (20)hot spot (19)fit for foodies (16)scenic view (13)romantic (13)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Room for ImprovementEatingoutAnnapolisDined on 9/12/2014We grabbed lunch at BH on a beautiful September afternoon. The outdoor seating on the deck is outstanding! We ordered the charcuterie and steamed shrimp as apps. Both were very disappointing. The charcuterie was comprised of meats that you would find at the Safeway deli counter. The shrimp were overcooked. We complained about the shrimp that they promptly apologized and removed them from our bill. The manager on duty came to our table to apologize about the shrimp. A very nice touch. Our server was very pleasant, if a bit slow at times (we had to find our own napkins and utensils...). Lunch itself was pretty solid. The fish tacos were excellent. This place has incredible potential, all they need is more attention to the details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014First time visit. Had a sample of your food a Arts Alive, excellent! Diverse enough menu even though personally I don't eat much seafood. Waiter was pleasant, helpful, and the right amount of attention. Negative, servings were too large! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new must go to spot in annapolisRaRaDined on 9/7/2014The food is great - the ambience rocks- the view is great - the music is perfect - the place is a find!Special Features:
- dineroutDined on 9/6/2014Overall okay. However, $12 for four clams casino and $11.95 for a martini was pretty steep considering the prices for main menu items. Seated by a corner table that forced me to move because of constant wait staff traffic through the door leading downstairs. Ordered two glasses of cabernet and both of them were served very warm. Told the manager about the warm wine who responded they must have been stored improperly.
- just not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014I liked everything about it besides the food. The jalapeno poppers didnt taste like anything. The ceasar salad had a good flavor, the ceviche and shrip avacado was fair. The mahi mahi tacos looked good but again not alot of flavor. just not impressed
- HORRIBLEdizzilizziDined on 8/31/20145 of us dining. My drink order came out wrong, I never received the correct one until I was almost fnished my meal. All food came out luke warm and orders were all wrong, waiter dropped ice/water on my husband, we had to ask 3 times for water refills, They ran out of some desserts. They brought my son a 2nd drink at the end of his meal that he did not order. His girlfriend asked to sub french fries for salad, was told no problem, got the french fries, he came back with the salad half way through the meal and then charged us for a full salad. My daughter's Ribeye was fatty. My husband ordered a salad, it came out with his meal instead of before his meal. Never given rolls like other tables got. Just plain HORRIBLE!
- Wonderful brunch!Newtrack2000Dined on 8/31/2014I had the wonderful brunch buffet here on Sunday! The food was fresh and delicious and there were many options as well as unlimited mimosas. Wonderful service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - scatterbrained serviceCaroMADined on 8/31/2014Brunch food was good however over all experience was terrible as wait staff was scatterbrained, inept, forgetfull, and slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!brunchcrewDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful, vibrant decor! Many menu choices. Food was delicious! Just right for brunch with girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, Food FineDKMCB39Dined on 8/30/2014Decorations were beautiful, atmosphere great, service good, food was fine/good/not bad. Enjoyed the experience but not sure I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but dirty wine glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Nice place, beautiful view from the roof top dining area. Food is good, not great but good. Oddly though in the bar before dinner my wife's wine glass had a huge lipstick imprint on it from the previous drinker and mine was just plain dirty. Not that I needed a free drink but great customer service would have been to N/C the drinks. Went upstairs for dinner and the table right next to us was in the process of sending all 4 of their wine glasses back because they were dirty! Anyway - great view, good food and a really nice waiter - Jason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemreadytoeatDined on 8/30/2014Unique atmosphere, great place to hang out! Our service was great, loved the roof top bar, views and dinning. The burgers and pizza's were really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFurioDined on 8/30/2014We arrived at 5pm due to friends' experience of a later dinner hour on a Friday (food was excellent but too many people and too much "energy"). The staff was very attentive, portions were more than plentiful and the decor was soothing. We eat crab cakes all over Maryland and agreed that these were the *crabbiest* crab cakes ever. The sauteed spinach was magical and the steamed shrimp were delicious. We're going back next week to start working our way through the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This was our fourth visit to Blackwall Hitch. The food has always been very good. My favorite is the Swobb Salad. This past visit ,however, was absolutely horrible in reference to service. Had to ask for water refills, drinks refills, more bread for the crab dip cause it came with such a small amount to start. We ate upstairs, which is beautiful. However, our table was against a wall which is alright but we had to use the flashlight app on our cell phones to read the menu and the bill because it was so dark. There were no candles, lights etc by our tables. We will take a break from Blackwall Hitch till we hear that the kinks are ironed out.Special Features:
- My new fav spot!cfmartoranaDined on 8/22/2014Great food and service... got a private room too! Soooo much fun!Special Features:
- Greatest Burgers and Crab CakesHelenDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food. Service was good. When calling for the change from 8 to 9 in our party, I wasn't given the choice of inside or outside. After our meal we checked out the upstairs and found a beautiful outside deck with a great view over the area. We would have preferred eating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find in AnnapolisOnToIrelandDined on 7/9/2014We had a party of 8 for dinner and conversation. BH settled into a private room, away from the vibrant scene in the Bar area. Drinks and food were excellent, the wait staff attentive but not hovering and the ambiance was first rate. We had a wonderful time and will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Eastport FavoritesoccerdanDined on 6/7/2014We went to Blackwall Hitch to celebrate our anniversary and really enjoyed it. We liked the contemporary black and white color scheme. All the food was great, if maybe on the rich side. All in all we will definitely be back, especially to sit on the roof top deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will try againBrunchfor3Dined on 5/26/2014our server was great and the food was good but lacking in portions for the price. We (5 of us) ordered the stuffed jalapeño appetizer and were all very deflated when it came to the table with only 2 peppers on the plate. For the $10 price tag, that was hugely disappointing. Even though he was great overall, our server should have let us know it only came with 2. It is a new place though so we will give it another try. My shrimp and grits was the best I've ever had and my husbands mahi tacos were also really good. But our guests said both the rockfish "revisited" and crab carbonara were lacking in flavor. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great new place to check outFullandfedDined on 5/24/2014Great ambiance, special drinks & food. I had the shrimp & lobster linguine, which was good but not for the price. The rest of the table really enjoyed their meals. I would definitely return. They did a great job renovating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice add to Annapolis dining sceneSatisfiedCustomerDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at this new restaurant and I can only see it getting better once some of the newly opening kinks get worked out. We will be back.Special Features:
- Still getting its act togetherannapolisfoodieDined on 5/24/2014The service and food was good, but it also just opened. Give it a couple of months and I can see this being the hot spot of Annapolis.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2014staff seemed pretty new, but were trying hard. I'm sure they will improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flashy decor caters to Urban ChicLoves2eatVIPDined on 5/23/2014Beautiful renovation but very noisy and will not accept reservations for smaller tables. Bar area is very attractive but noise and music is excessive. Walk in reservations impossible except in bar area. We had pasta dishes, other selections are moderately priced. Wines by the bottle start at $25. There is roof top dining weather permitting. Since the front of the restaurant is devoted to large glass enclosed meeting areas seating is limited to groups. The food was average but I doubt we will return due to noise and difficulty seating couples.Special Features:
- Outstanding new Eastport RestaurantMSBowlVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent, the new decor and set-up is great. The bar was packed and a little slow with drinks, but it was a very busy Friday night. All the waiters were extremely nice and made you feel very welcome. Derrick the manager came buy to see how we were doing, which was a nice touch. The only challenge we experienced was the noise level. Difficult to have a conversation at times. Overall, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a dissapointmentChefmikeDined on 5/23/2014I will be back, since it was only their first week. However, Ribeye- for the price- go to a real steakhouse where you won't get what looks like a steak as flat as a pancake. Prime rib, same story not worth the cost for what you get, and wasn't a very good quality cut. Shrimp and grits, flavor was ok, but grits were overcooked, like a stiff paste. Drinks were ok, nothing special.
- Something New in NaptownmarieVIPDined on 5/23/2014This was the old Rockfish Restaurant and it has been completely redone. It is absolutely beautiful inside. They "booths" consist of leather love seats that allow movement to the table. They have small rooms for private parties, rooftop bar, seafood bar, lounge and dancing, plus left plenty of room for dining on the back side. It is a fantastic new restaurant!! The menu is varied and should satisfy everyone. We had the prime rib and short ribs. Both were cooked perfectly!!!! The waiter, Jordan, deserves accolades too! He was right on top of things. Usually the first week or two a new restaurant is not up to speed, however, they took the time and it has paid off. This restaurant is the new hot spot for Annapolis!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Change for EastportOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014Loved the new feel of this restaurant being upbeat, cozy, modern, rooftop deck with a water view and great decor. Thats just first impression until you have a meal is when your really wowed. The dining room atmosphere was relaxing and so enjoyable and the bar was welcoming. Now onto the food. Rockfish I had was a new and excellent taste and the mussels were fantastic to mention a few. Service was friendly and late night music was very enjoyable to listen our wonderful local musicians although a bit too loud . Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but it needs timeDougPVIPDined on 5/22/2014The Black Wall Hitch is beautiful and the food is fantastic. However, they need to get the wait staff in order. We spent 10 minutes before anyone came to our table (and it was empty at the time) We were told that nobody knew who's table it was. Also please give me time to finish my soup. I had it for all of 2 minutes before the main course was placed in front of me. I love the restaurant but am going to give it a month or two before I come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and hopefully to be improvedLowerIntestineDined on 5/21/2014Service was pedestrian and much needed improvement, but hoping it was just soft opening jitters. The high note was the manager last weds night on duty who picked up the slack of the inexperienced, novice, wait staff and did a great job ensuring any hick ups were addressed. The AMAZING pineapple upside down cake pushed is just a pineapple upside down cake. Will dine again next time up in Annapolis as I would like to take advantage of the outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Blackwall Hitch reviews archive.