Black Rock Steak & Seafood
2605 Kaanapali Parkway
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Black Rock Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheraton-maui.com/dining/blackrock/
- Phone: 8089214600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Black Rock Steak & Seafood
Discover a selection of fresh fish, grilled steaks, creative appetizers and delectable desserts nightly at Black Rock Steak and Seafood. Enjoy a culinary journey amidst gentle evening breezes with outdoor terrace seating or flexible indoor seating, accompanied by a breathtaking view of Pu'u Keka'a (Black Rock)in the distance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Rock Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate there in august 2014 and was the worst dinning experience while in Maui - I don't understand any of the favorable reviews - something must have changed since those good reviews -
- Hard to findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/30/2014We had trouble finding restaurant. Had no idea it was in the Shearton Maui. Putting that along with address might be helpful for others. Sunset was beautiful.Special Features:
- Good time, great mealmauicoupleDined on 6/23/2014First and foremost, incredible food. I had the New York steak and my wife had the lobster tails and we enjoyed every bite! Great service and wonderful views and ambience!Special Features:
- Excellent and ConvenientJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 5/26/2014We have found that staying on grounds at the Sheraton for meals makes the trip even more relaxing, and with great food and gorgeous surrounds, it is a complete package that rivals our other favorite restaurants in town. We had a fun evening of appetizers and a new york steak shared between the three of us: Flat bread pizza, hawaiian style, steamed clams, fondue and then steak and we all continued to talk about it the next day. Mahalo Black Rock staff for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014While the food was good, our waiter was not. Did not seem to care that we were there and was not helpful to our good time at all. I expect that kind of service from a teenager at McDonalds, not at a restaurant that I'm going to pay 200+ at. Very disappointed, will not be recommending or coming back.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014We stayed at the Sheraton Maui and ate here twice. Both times the food blew us away. The waiter even provided us items off the menu which were delicious. We were very pleased all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We always return for the atmosphere and outstanding food. But the service and length of dining time continues to be a PROBLEM!Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Black Rock Steak & Seafood reviews archive.
- Overpriced for not great foodSunshineDined on 5/2/2014The food is overpriced and not that great. Location is excellent if you get seated outside. It's convenient if you're staying at the Sheraton - but we preferred eating at the Cliff Dive grill. Better drinks, better value.Special Features:
- Long a Term DevoteeFood2GoDined on 3/27/2014We have eaten at Black Rock several times over the years and rarely been disappointed. The food was excellent, service attentive and cost reasonable. The wine list is more than adequate for most . The location is very good. Our table was outside and it was a spectacular evening to dine under the stars. We look forward to returning when next in Maui.Special Features:
- My beefFood4girlDined on 3/14/2014That restaurant is always too smoky and too loud. But I like going there because I really enjoy that I can cook my own steak.Special Features:
- Poor service hereVenturaSusanDined on 3/14/2014Although we had reservations, they kept us waiting for twenty minutes despite the fact that the restaurant had many open tables. One hostess was handling multiple restaurants at this hotel. It was raining outside so we were under an overhang, but it leaked (a lot) onto us and our food. The waiter was poorly trained. He was abrupt and took our salad forks, wiped them with a napkin, and replaced them for the main meal. The food was adequate and the menu short on good fish options. When we got the check, a 15% tip was already included, and we would not have tipped that much based on the poor dining experience.
- Last Night on MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014Thank you OpenTable for suggesting this location. It fit our timing needs perfectly. This beachfront restaurant, located in the Sheraton, has a grand entrance furnished with beautiful wood seating and native art. The food presentation is fantastic. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu items. Our bread was served fresh from the oven. Warm and delicious. Each of the entreés were portioned well and very satisfying. We would return to this restaurant next time we visit Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to TripAdvisorKryptonite413Dined on 2/14/2014Because we couldn't get reservations at our favorite restaurants, my husband made 7pm Valentine's Day reservations at Black Rock. He mentioned that reviews in TripAdvisor noted that diners had long waits for their food and service was poor--but we were stuck, and wanted to give it a chance. TripAdvisor was accurate. My husband ordered a steak filet and I the scampi risotto. We waited an inordinately long time, to the point where we considered leaving. Just when I was ready to give up, our entrees arrived. The food was good, but did not justify long wait. Our water glasses were never refilled. Our dessert order, a single piece of flour less chocolate cake, took nearly 25 minutes. We will not return and do not recommend it to anyone.
- Excellent food, slow serviceDWarfDined on 12/29/2013The location was excellent, nice views, but a chilly breeze. The food was fantastic, but we had to wait over an hour for our main course.Special Features:
- The food was great--the servicebonbonDined on 12/2/2013The food was great--the service was very informative on menu selections and patient with our orders.Special Features:
- The best filet on the island!MarkVIPDined on 11/22/2013Great ambiance and very good food and service! I had filet mignon at three different restaurants, this was the best by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ゆったり食事できましたsakadongDined on 10/5/2013日本語メニューなし、日本語の対応はダメですが、 親切です。 料理は普通に美味しいです。 ハワイの雰囲気を存分に味わえました。 ラハイナの街中やホエラーズビレッジの店に比べて、静かで落ち着いた雰囲気ですが、値段がやや高め。 マハロ。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunsetLuvnewexperiencesDined on 9/23/2013My husband and I dined here on our second night In Maui. We dined early evening to enjoy the sunset And listen to the live music from the bar. Nice food and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner w/ friendsSuesuechefVIPDined on 9/15/2013Everything was nice, most in party got three course special which was a great deal. Convenient for staying at resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterBritCo713Dined on 8/26/2013Although everything was enjoyable, starters were served warm and lamb was served rare when medium was requested. Had to send it back, which I never do, and they got the temp up to med rare. I prefer medium but it was delicious as it was. Husband had the bacon wrapped filet mignon which was wonderful. Dessert menu was lacking but the sweet potato mousse was different, and something worth trying.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationJam4stoneDined on 8/4/2013Everything was excellent, from the exquisite shrimp appetizer, salads, and entrees. Our server, Jeff, was the best! We even talked about coming back the next night! Again, an excellent dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth The MoneyNickDined on 8/1/2013If I wanted the smallest portion of any high end dining experience, then this would be it. We came here since we were hotel guests and we didn't want to have to drive. Unfortunately, we left hungry after their Lamb Chops and Seafood dish (ridiculously small portion). Wouldn't dine there again. If they would increase their portions, it would still be higher priced but worth the convenience factory. The food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent food and a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013Had dinner here while staying at the Sheraton. I ordered the filet and lobster tail, and both were very, very good. The lobster was the best I have ever had, sweet and prepared perfectly. We made reservations, although upon arriving it seemed as if the place was not very busy....probably could have gotten in w/o reservations. The atmosphere is lovely, with indoor/outdoor patio seating at spacious, comfortable tables arranged around an outdoor koi pond with views of the poolside area and Kaanapali Beach. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and my family will certainly be going back. One of the best on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant for a HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013We had a really good dining experience here as well as the breakfast buffet. For dinner I had the Cioppino and it tasted great with plenty of seafood. We ate a little early so not a lot of people to judge the noice level, but it did not seem bad with the people that were there. Being a hotel resturant it's going to be expensive so go in expecting that, but for a special occasion it would be hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best On KaanapaliLADinerVIPDined on 7/12/2013Excellent food, excellent view, excellent server! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Nice service, food so soFoodieDined on 5/19/2013Was not pleased with the calamari appetizer, however my husband enjoyed his dinner.
- Our server Antony was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013Our server Antony was exceptional. The food was better than expected as well.Special Features:
- Good food & view but bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The food, wine, view, and atmosphere were good. Couldn't really ask for more. However, our server could really care less about service. Extremely slow getting the menu, taking our order, and bringing our drinks. He never checked back on us once we got our food and we had to flag him down 10 minutes after we were done eating to get our check. I may be able to understand if the restaurant was busy but that was not the case. We noticed the tables around us, with different servers, were getting much better service. We are frequent guests to the island and to the hotel but our first time at the restaurant. Unless we hear the service improves it may be our only visit.Special Features:
- THIS HOTEL IS BEAUTIFUL ANDBELLEVIPDined on 3/31/2013THIS HOTEL IS BEAUTIFUL AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. SUNSET IS AMAZING OVER BLACK ROCK WITH THE TORCH LIGHTING CEREMONY EVERY NIGHT. A VERY TROPICAL EXPERIENCE...Special Features:
- Food was good place was nicegalvestontoonDined on 3/7/2013Food was good place was nice waiter was inexperienced by Tried I'd go back againSpecial Features:
- DisappointedKimTDined on 2/26/2013We've been here several times now. The first few were very good, but the last two were disappointing. Our most recent visit was February 26, 2013. We got right in, and we had a nice table with a nice view. Unfortunately the service was slow and inattentive. We both ordered the fresh catch (ono) but with different preparations. The side dishes were all good, but the fish itself was tough and overcooked. Usually ono is one of our favorites, but not this time. Our waiter never asked how it was. We felt as though he was almost avoiding us. At the beginning of the meal we had ordered the signature pine-apple pie dessert which was great, but by then we were ready to leave. With so many other great options on Maui, we won't be going back.Special Features:
- The food was great. AlsoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013The food was great. Also everyday at 6:15 pm man dives off the cliff. We had a great view from our table.Special Features:
- A lLet DownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013For a well reviewed spot it fell short, non spectacular food. It has a long way to go before we would return.Special Features:
- the hosts were wwelcoming...theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013the hosts were wwelcoming...the service was fabulous we will dine there againSpecial Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013The food and the service was very mediocre. The hostess was not accommodating this was rectified when I spoke with the manager. It took 1 1/2 hours to get our food after we were seated
- Great hotel location, butOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/8/2013Great hotel location, but dining experience did not match beautiful view and setting. Fish entree was cooked well, but not out of this world. Presentation was like dinner at home....nothing special. My husband had a mixed fish dish--and it was more like the size of an appetizer and not an entree. Perhaps we just selected the wrong entree, but wouldn't be inclined to come back again.Special Features:
- we have a very great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013we have a very great dinner at NICK'S FISHMARKET. although we waited for a long time to have our dishes. But i think it doesn't matter. We are looking forward for our next time to have dinner here.Special Features:
- Best View of Black RockJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 1/17/2013We love Sheraton's breakfast buffet in the morning and for a quiet dinner at night. Sitting outside the ambiance was one of the most peaceful times. Of course the time of day and the season you come will change all of the noise possibilities, but nothing will change the beauty of Black Rock in the background of a tiki touch laden, palm tree blowing, beautiful garden. This review is from our first night in town and just two of us. (Two women, not my husband who's account name I keep this in) We shared two appetizers: calamari and bbq pork ribs, a beet salad and Grandma's pine"apple" pie. The calamari was very good and plentiful. The beet salad with goat cheese excellent and pie is a favorite here.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 4PandADined on 1/1/2013We had a reservation for 4 and waited about 15 minutes to be seated. No one even acknowledged us after being seated for 10 minutes. In fact, the service was extremely slow all through dinner. My dinner was grilled vegetables with pasta on the side and it was delicious, but the two men with us both ordered the steak and catch of the day. The fish was not what they were offering as the catch of the day and the men both agreed that the steak had no flavor.
- Beautiful presentation and deliciouSgw1VIPDined on 12/28/2012Beautiful presentation and delicious! I recommended it to my friends on the beach!Special Features: