Bistro Molokini - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
3850 Wailea Ala Nui Dr
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Bistro Molokini - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grandwailea.com/
- Phone: (808) 875-1234 ext. 4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11am - 5:30pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is also available in our poolside cabana - a truly romantic setting perfect for just two or an intimate group of 10. Restaurant buyout also available.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Reservations 8088751234x4900
A word from Bistro Molokini - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
Voted "Best Family-Friendly Restaurant," Maui No Ka Oi Magazine, 'Aipono Awards 2013. Located beach side, Bistro Molokini offers a relaxing, open-air ambiance with breathtaking views of the Pacific and neighboring islands. Featuring an exhibition kitchen and mac-nut wood burning oven, the Bistro offers a delightful blend of California and Island cuisine. Private dining is also available in our poolside cabana - a truly romantic setting perfect for just two or an intimate group of 10.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Molokini - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very good experienceLauraSalDined on 11/14/2014Our group had a variety of meals; grilled fresh catch, mahi tacos, margherita pizza and kahlua pork, all very good. We had a two year old that had a yummy grilled cheese and received a cute stuffed turtle from our waitress. Beautiful scenery,reasonable prices, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAUI ROCKS!winethirtyDined on 9/15/2014Food was fantastic!!! Service was really great! You can't beat Maui dining!Special Features:
- Only for a viewOceangirlDined on 8/11/2014Spectacular view but that is all. The food was pretty lame. I got the spaghetti all you can eat. It came with an overdressed Caesar salad, over cooked spaghetti with in flavorful meatballs and water downed sauce. The ice cream dessert was the best thing we ate. For $39 dollars, we could have had better. Our waitress was trying to be friendly. She seemed scattered and at times couldn't be found. My husband asked for Parmesan cheese to top his pasta. She came back with a tiny plastic cup and didn't ask the rest of us if we wanted any. Even the cheese could not improve the meal.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Bistro Molokini - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria reviews archive.
- Best everMac63VIPDined on 7/27/2014This our 7th trip to the Grand Wailea. We always eat at Bistro Molokini our first night. This time we had a party of 9, and therefore we covered a lot of territory on the menu. The food was terrific, as was the service. The view of the pool and the ocean is of course spectacular. Of the 10 times or so I have eaten here, this was the best experience on top of uniformly great experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit better than the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2014Family group of 9 from 69-8 years in age. First visit things were a little slow and they went way beyond and comped the entire dinner. Second dinner and service was excellent, Kim had good recommendations and presented our 8 year old niece a stuffed honu. Very good food even with resort prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the bestpartyof5Dined on 7/3/2014I have never had a bad "lobster bisque" soup, but I did at this place, it was horrible and there was no lobster in it. The rest of the food for my family (party of 5) was sub par as well.Special Features:
- convenient resort dining with viewmmmmmMauDined on 6/16/2014We booked reservations so we would be dining during the sunset. Great casual environment with incredible ocean views. Great place for a delicious burger with multiple topping choices or a pasta dish. Teriyaki burger with pineapple and a side of onion rings was very good. We had older teenagers with us who enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food terribleakfarDined on 6/7/2014Pros: The bread was very good. The service was very good. Con: The food was terrible! I got the jerk chicken and it was inedible, even the rice that came with it was bad. I didn't know rice could be bad.
- Beautiful restaurant--lots of kidsVernTheDinerDined on 4/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We had a window table that afforded tremendous views of the sunset. Our waiter was prompt, courteous and very knowledgeable of the menu. He made several recommendations, all of which we followed, and were happy with every one. The one thing to be prepared for is a large number of families with children. While I understand that this is simply part of the fact that the restaurant is part of the hotel, every other table but ours had no less than two kids, all the way up to one table with five children (coincidentally, they got the best table in the restaurant). For the most part though, the kids were well-behaved and the noise level was tolerable. I highly recommend Bistro Molokini.Special Features:
- Relaxed AtmosphereRyanDined on 4/19/2014We did have an excellent meal here. My wife remarked "all of the waiters and waitresses are really hustling", so you know you will get good service. I did polish off the Island Banana Split - served in a pineapple, I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014If you have to go here, have a drink or two and then eat somewhere else. It's overpriced for below average food. Left the lights on bright for an evening outdoor (open air) dinner.
- Terrible Food, Unfortunate ServicemiyukialohaDined on 3/28/2014I received $40 voucher to dine at this restaurant for dinner (HHonors Gold Member benefit). Since I was traveling with my daughter (14 yo) with two of her friends, I gave the voucher to her and $10.00 cash for tip reminding her to stay within $40. They ordered smoothies and a plate of pasta (the total was $42.19 with tax and fees). The food was not even hot, it was almost as unimpressive as precooked noodle with a ladle of jar tomato sauce over and microwaived not enough. I was hoping for a exciting dining experience for them but it was not the case. As for service, I guess it was obvious to the servers that they would not get any alcohol sale or amazing tip from three teenage girls. The service was very minimal with no aloha. Too bad.
- Great BreakMkEkFlyersDined on 3/19/2014Had a great evening with friends, great food and plenty of it, knowledgable, friendly and prompt service staff, did a stellar job. Had four different entrees and all were well cooked, flavorful and well presented. Absolutely great place to watch a Hawaiian sunset, perfect view across the bay. Great overall atmosphere, while very professional, not the "stuffy" feeling informal settings, great break from that,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs good, fish a bit overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014The people were very friendly, we were served promptly, but for a Hawaiian ocean restaurant I was surprised the fish was a bit over cooked, therefore on the dry and mealy side, not flaky and moist. Prices were reasonable, and their warm rolls delicious.Special Features:
- hotel "pool" restaurant and2bthereVIPDined on 1/21/2014hotel "pool" restaurant and bar. menu has limited selections and is expensive. $25 Kobe burger wasn't worth it-tasteless with "fake" tomatoes. Seek other options
- rib eye steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014My husband was very disappointed in the quality of his rib eye steak. Tough and fatty and not cooked to order. For what we paid, not good. Our server was excellent. Russ OhlsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a huge disappointment on all levelsdaboissVIPDined on 12/31/2013terrible food and a dead atmosphere considering it was new year's eve. the servers tried their best, but none of the four dishes we ordered were of any interest. so much so that i can't even remember what i ordered, except for the terrible pasta. and this bouillabaise thing that came in a plastic bag.Special Features:
- first nite in mauiColibrifanVIPDined on 12/30/2013When we made our reservation we wanted a little later but Open Table only allowed us to have 5:45. This was inconvenient as we just arrived at our maui home at 4:30. When we arrived at the restaurant there were many empty tables and there continued to be many empty tables the entire evening. The food was average and the service was horrible. We waited 20 minutes to order our meals. The nicest part was the gift of stuffed turtles for our granddaughters at the end of the evening.
- Very disappointingBabijoniVIPDined on 12/25/2013We are local residents and made a reservation for Christmas dinner. The restaurant only had a few tables occupied when we were seated. It took a bit of time to be waited on, and 40 minutes for the food to come. My nephew ordered the all you can eat spaghetti but was never offered another portion after the first bowl. Not worth $39.00. The food was mediocre. Two of our party had the rib eye which was surprisingly tough. It took an inordinate amount of time to get after dinner drinks and not all the desserts came at one time. Paying the bill was another long wait. We were there 2 hours for a one course meal. The view is spectacular but it was quite a let down compared to the amazing food & service you find at the grands other restaurants.Special Features:
- Very good food beautiful nightdrpsychVIPDined on 12/15/2013The food here, particularly the Ahi and Kobe beef surf and turf was wonderful. Our server, Ashley was attentive and well versed about the menu. Our party of five all found it to be a solid choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed Quite a BitJeffDined on 11/30/2013This used to be one of our favorite places to dine when we vacation on Maui. Over the past year something changed. Not sure what though. The menu was not what was posted online. And very limited. I also can't believe that this restaurant requires a credit card to hold a reservation. If the party no shows or cancels the reservation they reserve the right to the credit card $50-$75 per person. Our server did not check back to the table to check on drinks or to ask how our meal was.
- Very nice!Luv2eatDined on 11/8/2013Overall a very nice experience. Beautiful views. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 11/4/2013We had the most wonderful dining experience at Bistro Molikini. Service and food were top notch. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeVickDined on 10/4/2013Discovered this place on my last day in Hawaii - I wish I discovered it sooner! Ask for Alex - he's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.