Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider
2365 Kalakaua Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beachhousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089214600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Table and A la carte menu available daily from 6:00am to 11:00am Afternoon Tea & Lunch Service available daily from 12:00pm to 3:00pm Dinner & Lounge Service available nightly from 5:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Will Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mihoko Gandy 8089244778
- Special Events: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Kaiulani
- Public Transit: General: from Ala Moana Center, any "Waikiki" bound bus will take you to Kuhio Avenue. Then disembark on Ka'iulani Avenue cross street and walk towards Kalakaua Avenue. From that point, the Moana Surfider, A Westin Resort & Spa can not be missed. From University area: take route 4 to Kuhio/Ka'iulani Avenue intersection.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet or self-park for Beachhouse at the Moana dining guests, up to four hours.
A word from Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider
Enjoy a new era of elegant oceanfront dining and modern classic cuisine at Beachhouse at the Moana; located at the most iconic address on Waikiki Beach, the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. Experience the tranquil ambiance of open-air dining amidst the backdrop of the Moana’s exquisite Victorian architecture, or choose to relax in our contemporarily-styled and meticulously crafted dining room as you marvel at some of the most magnificent sunsets over the Pacific. We have sourced the finest quality artisan Pennsylvania Amish Raised Angus and Australian Wagyu (Kobe-style) Beef, fresh seafood and the best local ingredients that Hawai'i has to offer to create his vibrant, island-inspired cuisine. A thoughtfully selected international wine list accompanies the restaurant’s world-class menu, featuring Old and New World wines from the finest growing regions and wine producers throughout the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)scenic view (32)special occasion (30)romantic (28)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Prix fixe worth itRedSoxNationVIPDined on 9/26/2014My boyfriend and I had the caesar, steak and panna cotta and it was well worth the value for the good quality. Our server was great about blind tasting wines to go with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great dinner... Went out of their way to accommodate our 3 year old. Foie gras, steak tartare and the ny steak was great! Dinner has the best servers! Breakfast servers were rude and un attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fav...Jenjo52VIPDined on 8/23/2014This is probably our favorite spot in Waikiki. We go back a few times am each trip to Oahu. Crab cakes, filet mingon, and tater toys are our faves! Try to sit on terrace closest to the ocean. Great bfast too. Coconut waffles are my favorite. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around AWESOME!!!TJBrandisDined on 8/19/2014If you are in Waikiki, you need to dine here. All categories are AWESOME... setting, view, food and service. Even though the restaurant was almost full, you felt like you were dining in private. What a joy not to have to listen to other conversations while having to yell across the table.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinneroverstreetjjDined on 8/15/2014Great waiter - we brought an expensive bottle of wine, he decanted without asking. He brought complimentary dessert. He saw my husband's local military card and automatically gave us the Kama'aina discount!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to meFabulousDinerDined on 8/14/2014The Porterhouse for 2 with lobster was delicious but even more notable were the tasty sides...who knew tater tots could be so amazing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never ate - had to leave!DiningfitproDined on 8/8/2014Had a reservation at 6.. Got sat at 630 with more than half of the tables empty... While waiting in the common area of this beautiful hotel.. A family with an uncontrollable SCREAMING child ( was there before we arrived and the entire time- SCREAMING) It was so loud and annoying everyone around them. The manager SHOULD have had them removed.. But instead they sat them in this upscale restaurant- SCREAMING a table away where they finally sat us. I have children, so I'm not against kiddos dining in higher end restaurants (even though probably not the kind of place you would). The type of hysterical screaming this child was doing..obviously not going to sit and eat. Poor parenting to say least, poor management of many points on Saturday night!Special Features:
- A wonderful dinnerHawaiinfoodieDined on 8/5/2014The steak melted in your mouth and the ahi tuna was divine. A great meal, a beautiful view and terrific service.Special Features:
- Very mediocreSilkyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice space regarding architecture and ambiance, but service and food was... well... "just OK." It finally occurred to me: this is a typical "hotel restaurant." I call this the wrong execution of the right idea. Sooo many choices on Waikiki Beach. This one disappoints. Or... Just have low expectations, and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- disappointing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Since I was a solo diner (business trip), they first attempted to seat me at a horrible table. Then I my medium rare steak came out cold and cooked to medium, so I sent it back. The waiter returned with it to the table with it rewarmed and saying the chef felt it was ok!!! Scalloped potatoes came out hot but raw when cut into. Second steak was better but only came after I spoke to a manager. They comped me a glass of wine (not by my request, but because the manager didn't want me sitting and waiting twiddling my thumbs). Then told me they wouldn't discount the rest of the meal because they were in the business of making money. Um, you'd make more money if your food and service were better. There are better restaurants in Honolulu!
- Great spotablatorDined on 7/31/2014Great food. Top notch service. Great view and ambiance. Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014We went for afternoon tea and had a lovely time. They offer sandwiches for vegetarians, also. This is the best afternoon tea on Honolulu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nightMommyof2Dined on 7/26/2014Food was amazing!! Had the mussels and clams for an appetizer and only had one complaint... I really wish there was more bread to soak up the broth that it was cooked in! The steak was to die for. The deserts were pretty good but not as good as the rest of the meal. Food is pricy (to us) but for a date night with some good friends and no kids this place was awesome. Service was great! Only complaint was parking. Valet was full and was told to park at the Sheraton and they said they did not have parking for the Moana and to go to another parking garage. Parking was not validated so ended up spending more than we would have like for parking...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterdinnerisgoodDined on 7/23/2014The hostess who seated us was rude. I asked how long to wait for a table closer to the ocean view, and told at least 2 hrs in a snotty manner. I asked for the future, how could I book a table with the view or at least closer to it (we were practically outside the restaurant), she said they were generally for Select hotel guests and special people. I guess we weren't select enough. While the food was great for all of us, our wait staff seemed overloaded with tables, and had a difficult time keeping up with everything. We were basically ignored except for delivery of apps, meal & dessert. We had to pour our own wine as no one ever came back to pour it once bottle was opened. For the money, they don't make you feel special at all.Special Features:
- memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Once found never forgotten. Lara our waitress was wonderful and I hope she remembers her Kiwi visitors. The food was good (the soup was a bit cold) the mains where some of the best sampled in Waikiki. We will definitely on our return come back for more of your excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim65Dined on 7/18/2014Outstanding steak cooked to your desired perfection. Can not beat the view on Waikiki Beach. Seasonal mango cocktail and dessert a perfect complement to an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014Get a reservation as soon as they open and be there early to be sat first for the best tablesSpecial Features:
- anniversay dinnerwaikikihistoryDined on 6/29/2014Beautiful hotel and setting, good cocktails, service as expected as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish by the oceanFoodguruVIPDined on 6/25/2014My son and I enjoyed an amazing meal on the veranda overlooking to ocean. Upon request the maître d arranged for us to get the best table here. The Opaka paka special was excellent. His salmon was great too. Our server Ricky was pleasant and attentive. Thanks for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 348 reviews are from the Beachhouse - Moana Surfrider reviews archive.
- Beautiful view with plain foodHappyBellyDined on 6/25/2014There is a lovely terrace with a beautiful view of the beach and sunset. The quality of the ingredients was excellent but they lacked creativity. The steaks and lamb chops arrived without much flavor. The mushrooms were the best side we ordered but again excellent ingredients prepared very plainly. Perhaps I was expecting something special to fit the setting and the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014A little on the steep price side but with the high class of service, beautiful view and wonderful menu options it was totally worth it! We loved our experience and can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- incredible Service and foodCampbellVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is an incredible restaurant to enjoy for a special occasion or just to enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2014What a fabulous view! The food and service is world class as the setting is. Host, food servers and wait staff are top shelf.Special Features:
- Our anniversary is always special!traveler1tVIPDined on 5/28/2014The Beachhouse veranda has become our annual, wedding anniversary location for the last five years. They are always very thoughtful about getting us our favorite table. The food and the service is fabulous, and that's before you get to the view of Waikiki! The most beautiful dinner spot I know of.Special Features:
- Special occasionHiLifeDined on 5/20/2014The food was delicious, the setting was mind blowing but the prices just a bit outrageous. Definitely a special occasion restrauant. Again, the food was flipping amazing (especially the rack of lamb) but just a bit pricey... $$$$ kind of pricey. $400/4 dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a romantic settingRetired43014Dined on 5/14/2014My wife and I went to the Beachhouse to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and service was great. We ordered the Cheesecake for our dessert and when it arrived we where told it was on the house in celebration of our anniversary.Special Features:
- AwesomeValerieVIPDined on 5/11/2014The Moana Surfrider Beachhouse is a great place. I went there for Mother's Day. The food and service was wonderful. I had one of their fixed priced dinners. The salad was great. I do not recall the name of the salad, but it had great little bitty squash and other veggies that I am not sure what they were but I do know they were delicious. The New York steak with gorgonzola was cooked perfectly and was very tender. I was very impressed with their wine list. Next time I am in Honolulu I will definitely go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantkatsatVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day and really enjoyed it. The prix fix menu had 3 courses of delicious and special dishes. The view of the beach and the verdant greenery was lovely. The free valet parking was great, especially for Waikiki. We plan to return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Nice for that special MomwherearethesmithsDined on 5/11/2014Loved it! My mother was so happy and loved it. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014While tha food was good and the bar service also, the main attraction is the setting. On the veranda of the Moana--what could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, can't beat the view!HappyCustomerDined on 4/17/2014Great food, large portions... requested seaside outside on the porch and got it! Can't beat the view at sunset.Special Features:
- Surprising good choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014Surprising good choice for a hotel restaurant. Kimchi brussel sprouts are a must try. Both do the fish entrees ordered were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of WaikikiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014Went to dinner here for a special occasion while visiting our daughter. We had a beautiful view from the outdoor patio, and a delicious dinner as well. Our server was lots of fun and we enjoyed her recommendations. The brussel sprouts were especially delicious. It is an expensive restaurant, but that is true of many of the better restaurants in Waikiki. We would return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Beach HouseHawaii50Dined on 3/29/2014We had guests in town and made reservations at the beautiful Moana Surfrider Hotel's beach House Rest. We ate outside on the deck and watched a gorgeous sunset as we sipped on drinks and waited to order. Our waiter was so gracious and made it clear we could take our time and really enjoy the ambiance and the meal. The meal was fresh and delicious (we had the raw seafood bar) and our overall experience wonderful. We highly recommend it. PS The restaurant offers kama'aina rates so we saved 10% on our total bill, which was quite a saving!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean diningCindyDined on 3/24/2014The ambiance and high ratings of this restaurant on the ocean is why we chose this restaurant to have dinner at. The service was ok but the food was not very high quality or tasty. For the price of our dinner we would not return. Could have gotten a better meal at Outback Steakhouse .Special Features:
- Very RomanticjtjolieVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a perfect table right next to the beach, as requested. The service was impeccable. Our appetizer was delicious, but my fish was a bit over done. They were also out of the Ribeye, which is what my boyfriend wanted, so he got the Strip instead, which just isn't the same. Overall though, we would probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyable night outJimbrisvegasDined on 3/21/2014Fantastic location, food, service, ambience. We will definitely be back for this fine dining extraordinaire.Special Features:
- Great Sunset dinner spotDansocalVIPDined on 3/19/2014The beach house seems to always do very well. Our dinner was tasty but the prime rib was not as tender as usual. Also they have switched out the Rosemary Bread for flat bread which is a poor choice. I had French Onion soup which is always very good. The Mac and Cheese is very good as well.Special Features:
- Back at the BeachhouseAlwaysonaplaneDined on 3/18/2014I have been to the Beachhouse a number of times, this time it was just a little bit off the mark. My mother in law visits from the mainland each winter and she loves the Beachhouse, so we always go when she visits. It's also a great place for special occasions. My bone marrow appetizer was fabulous, and a new addition to the menu. The salads were as god as ever. However. The three main courses just didn't make their usual high standard. My steak wasn't up to their usual par, a poorer cut, cooler than it should have been and the potatoes were cold. The other two steaks were overdone. Disappointing. Will it stop me coming back? Definitely not. Everyone has an off night. It's still my favourite steak house in Waikiki by a long shot.Special Features:
- Lovely ocean settingHBGalVIPDined on 3/16/2014We celebrated my birthday here during a visit to Waikiki. The hotel is gorgeous! We had a table on the veranda with a great view of the sunset. A band and dancer were entertaining in the nearby patio so we enjoyed the music. Our food was delicious. The staff was knowledgeable about the menu and accommodated special requests for seasoning. The service was attentive but not intrusive. It was a lovely evening. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.