1115 East Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://atticusdenver.com/
- Phone: 7204598273x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch Daily 8am-3pm
Cocktail Hour | Happy Hour 3pm-6pm & 9pm-Close Mon-Sat.
Dinner 5pm until Close Mon-Sat.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Diego Coconati
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Atticus
Atticus, is a welcoming neighborhood spot. Our restaurant and bar is focused on warm hospitality and comfort. Serving up a community-inspired breakfast, lunch, cocktails and dinner. Our inventive American menu is designed around Colorado’s small producers, and complimented by a thoughtfully curated wine list and craft cocktails made with spirits from local independent distillers. At Atticus, we believe everyone has a story that can offer new perspective, and when people join for food and drink, companionship is at its best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Atticus - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Atticus reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (45)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Disappointing lunch at AtticusOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2014Service was extremely slow and restaurant was near empty My friend specifically asked for Vegan and his salad came covered with cheese Portions small Food dullSpecial Features:
- Super Fun Food and Placetch7001VIPDined on 10/4/2014Went with a group of friends for the second time - very fun place with a creative menu and great vibe. Interesting drinks and funky beer selection as well. Definitely a great local place to have a high quality meal with friendsSpecial Features:
- Getting Better Every time!Stephen5280VIPDined on 9/29/2014Atticus seems to be finding it's way, improving with every visit. The service and the kitchen seem to be in sync now, with flawless execution during a recent lunch hour. Service was friendly, prompt, and professional. The new seasonal menu items exhibit some creativity, with fall's bounty coming through in fine form with a unique Caprese Sandwich - with Colorado beefsteak tomatoes instead of Roma, Arugula instead of basil, and topped with Palisade peaches & balsamic. With fresh mozzarella that was almost creamy, the acidity played against the bitter greens and the sweetness of the peaches just perfectly. Word of warning: the menu isn't always updated on OpenTable, so don't get your heart set on a menu item. It might be out of season.Special Features:
- Open Table Screws Up The Schedule!fredDined on 9/28/2014We made reservations through Open Table for Sunday, September 28. We were subsequently informed by the restaurant that a private event was scheduled for that evening, and that Open Table nonetheless took reservations despite being told by the restaurant about the event, and that as a result our reservation could not be honored. So this review is a little short of detail regarding the food and service.Special Features:
- First trip...and lastIggy37Dined on 9/27/2014Our first trip to Atticus will be our last. We had burrata that you had to cut with a knife. We felt like they were trying too hard with the food - lots of strange combinations that didn't quite work. The specials were such a mouthful for the server to describe because of the number of ingredients she had to list. The lamb had portions that were inedible. The space is well done but their food needs to improve substantially.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Best meal I've had since i moved to Denver a year ago, amazing quality and service.Special Features:
- Dinner with AtticuscarlosdVIPDined on 9/25/2014We have visited Atticus on many occasions over the last year. Brunch, lunch and dinner are all excellent. The menu is regularly updated and the offerings are inspired and tasty. The wine list is well chosen and also updated. We are happy to have a neighborhood feeling restaurant that stands up to the best in quality food and service.Special Features:
- Atticus RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We had a terrific meal. There were 3 of us dining. Two people had the lamb and I had the fishmonger special. The lamb was a large serving, done beautifully, medium rare and tender. I had the striped bass with a shrimp mousse stuffing. it was absolutely delicious, light and actually a bit sweet. The service was above par and prompt. We even had the chef come to our table and ask how our meal was. nice touch. The restaurant tends to be rather noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.MPASDined on 9/16/2014I've been to Atticus three times now: once for lunch, once during "Restaurant Week", and for dinner mid-week. Every experience was outstanding; the food is inspired! For example, we had the house-made burrata appetizer recently. It came with local peaches and a balsamic-honey reduction. I went straight for a balsamic stained piece of peach, and I was immediately surprised by unexpected flavors: the honey was more assertive (but not sweet) than the balsamic, there was a strong herbal component, and only after the initial surprises did the pleasant tartness of the peach permeate. This chef is a master with flavors and herbs specifically. Every dish I've had here has been great. And the cocktail program is equally well conceived and executed!Special Features:
- DisappointingPlattParkBanditDined on 9/15/2014After coming to Atticus for a number of times over the past several months, our recent dining experience was so disappointing. The Butcher's Choice used to offer three different meats along with three well-matched sides (usually two veg sides and one starch side) was a disappointing combo of a steak and then pork belly (which is not really an entree meat), plus potatoes. The Fishmonger's Choice featured scallops and monk fish, both of which were overcooked and significantly oversalted, as was the vegetable accompaniment, which was some sort of layered vegetables that had a salty, salty sauce. This restaurant has previously been such a great go-to place for a nice dinner, but my last visit makes me think I will be looking elsewhere...Special Features:
- Meredith BermanJaneDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a nice restaurant for drinks and appetizers but the service and food need some finessing. It's a great place for drinks and appetizers, and I hope with some changes, it will become a neighborhood standby.Special Features:
- Cozy and great foodmanydaysDined on 9/13/2014It's not a big restaurant, but the attention to service is usually outstanding and the food is awesome. The wine list is well chosen and unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlipboneVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great little neighborhood spot. Nice menu and the food was very good. Portions a little on the small side for the price. Waitperson seemed stressed but it was a Friday night and crowded. Overall a great addition to the DU neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchbuffDined on 9/11/2014I choose Atticus for a birthday lunch with my sisters. The food was great. We had a lovely time.Special Features:
- Can't Wait to Come BackKerryVIPDined on 9/2/2014We chose Atticus as a special occasion dinner before leaving our daughter for college her freshman year. They delivered a great dining experience and we can't wait to go back. Attentive service allowed us to linger and enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace. Agua fresca when we arrived at the table was a fun, festive touch. A cheese board with interesting and delicious accompaniments was a nice way to start the evening. The beef was well prepared and came with nice sides -- portions were just right. And I appreciated having a great gluten-free vegan option with the cauliflower steak.Special Features:
- Atticus is great!!NebraskaDined on 8/30/2014Atticus is a great find. Great food, great wines, great service, great price -- a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is delishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for brunch on Saturday and we're glad we did. We ordered the quinoa salad and the tacos and both dishes were great. We ordered a couple of cocktails, too, and they were very good. We've been before and really enjoyed everything and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LifeIsTooShortDined on 8/29/2014Our 1st time there. We were happy with all our dishes, except one salad. We look forward to returning and trying the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OmyhollyDined on 8/23/2014A great find! Nice atmosphere, amazing service! The food was excellent and well presented. Our server was friendly and engaged and knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations. I will be back!Special Features:
- Stumble and RecoveryjohnnypetrosDined on 8/18/2014First time at this place. I was very impressed with the menu...varied and novel. The vibe is great! Our server was very friendly and prompt, but must have been distracted because he forgot to put in our entree order and then forgot to finish the plating with the wonton chips. Needless to say we were becoming disappointed, however the manager stepped up and personally finished our service and comped us some stuff! I admire this willingness to own up to the missteps and go beyond the call of duty to make the customer happy. We made no overtures to be "made happy" and were very grateful for the effort! I will DEFINITELY eat here again!!!Special Features:
- Finally!ObsParkFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014... a DU / Observatory Park area restaurant that serves excellent food, without pretense, in a fun casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- OriginalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Atticus came recommended from a neighbor. Delightful restaurant with original menu and casual service that made for an intimate dining experience. Will be back for the the Tuna Tarter.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant near DUMarcVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is the sort of restaurant that, if you're a college student at DU and your parents are visiting, that you would want to bring them to. Closely located to campus and much better than average college fare, this would do well as almost any neighborhood restaurant. The service is particularly excellent, and the food a nice variety of meats, fish, and cheeses that complement each other well and are interesting; the presentation is nice and the desserts are excellent.Special Features:
- Great addition to the neighborhoodRinDenverVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second visit to Atticus for brunch and it was delicious both times. Great coffee and an excellent meal. The chilaquiles was the best I've had! We'll definitely be back! I am anxious to check out the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangoutDenverDinerDined on 7/12/2014Have been to Atticus 3 times now. Love the transformation of this former bar. Décor is warm and fun with a funky blend of woods and metals. Knowledgeable server. Most recent, our group of 4 really liked our food (1 scallop, 2 fishmongers choice and one butchers choice - love that concept) and the lovely presentation. The fish on the fishmonger platter was a bit dry, but the scallop divine. Very good and diverse wine selection. A few weeks ago, we stopped in without a reservation and the place was super crowded and they had run out of food. Had a lovely salad for lunch on the third occasion. There is a demand for a good neighborhood restaurant in the DU area. We know the kinks will be worked out! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable neighborhood spotDaderickDined on 7/11/2014We had an early dinner at Atticus with our two kids. The service was very good and the food was unique and very tasty. It felt like they were really working on the service side. The chef came out to discuss our meal in addition to a pass or two from the manager. The menu had a couple of nice vegetation options. The kids mostly stuck to the meat and cheese appetizer plates and enjoyed their meal. I would give it 5 stars but I save those for the best of the best.Special Features:
- old neighborhood-new entryjudeDined on 7/9/2014This charming little place was a surprise, both because it "sneaked" into the area (replacing a well known pizza and beer place) and also because the food choices were up to date and quite delicious. The pea flan was outstanding and my companion loved the special gazpacho. An unusual menu option is a meat or fish combination - a kind of tapas plate. I had the fish and it was terrific. The wine list was deep and contained good choices. We were too full for dessert, but will return again. There is obviously a chef in charge - and a very good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CycloneusaDined on 7/6/2014I'm hesitant to rave about this place. Not because they offer anything but great food and superior service, but selfishly I'm afraid the secret will be out and I'll never be able to easily get a table again. Went for Sunday brunch because it is close to Restoration Community Church and we wanted to try something new. We were greated by a familiar face - Justin- from Cafe Bar. Simply put, he rocks. Love his warm personality and constant attention to customer service. He has a real passion for creating an inviting atmosphere. They have interesting, but approachable food served in a modern-meets-industrial environment. The restroom is ajancent to a separate bar with tons of TVs. Looking forward to going back to watch a game sometime!Special Features:
- FancyDined on 6/29/2014Very mediocre and waiter unfriendly and arrogant. Hard looked forward to a great brunch experience but it didn't happen.
- Great food, great serviceAimeeDined on 6/28/2014We decided to go to Atticus on a recommendation from a friend - we are so glad we did! Three of us shared the tuna tartare, the roasted beer salad, the PEI mussels, the butchers plate, the house salad, and the chocolate cake. Everything was amazing. The cocktails were also to die for. The service was also good - attentive but not hovering. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood HautOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed the hand crafted cocktails. The ambiance was fun, the design interesting and artisan. Our favorite plate was the Octopus Carpacchio. Stunning composition, wonderful richness of the octopus balanced with an slightly acidic dressing. Flavors were fresh, seasonal. Ingredients are curated and championed. Thanks to Justin and team for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Atticus ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. Both my friend and I enjoyed the food and found the menu interesting, however the noise level seemed to be high (especially for a Monday night) so it would be nice if that could be worked on in some way.Special Features:
- Very Attentive and then NothingMaxGDined on 6/21/2014In the first five minutes we had three different people people come up and offer their service. Then after we fingured out who actually was our waiter. He was a bit slower coming around. We had to ask twice for our drinks. Then after our food arrived, one of our orders was wrong. The bar back/bartender seemed avoyed that an order was wrong, I'm sorry my wife ordered the sea food dish and you brought us the lamb. The non special dishes were portioned right, however the two special plates the butcher's choice and the seafood special were on the small, leaving my wife and mother in law wanting more. The food was tasty but we went else where for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Atticus reviews archive.
- Not specialexpectedmoreDined on 6/20/2014Food was average, nothing especially tasty but a couple of things that weren't particularly good. Watercress salad comes to mind. Waitstaff crew was not very helpful in describing or recommending wines. Left expecting much more. Probably would not come back.Special Features:
- Friendly ownersPhyliciadawnDined on 6/15/2014I enjoined my time there, food was great! I got the breakfast burrito, best I've ever had! The coffee was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the neighborhoodcinzersVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a very nice dinner with great wine! The service was great and the staff super friendly. They had an entire list of Rose wines for summer which was great. The food was good but not outstanding. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Excellent surprise!luvgreatfoodandMakersMarkDined on 6/6/2014I've read a couple of mixed reviews on Atticus so we were pleasantly surprised how excellent our entire evening was. We've been visiting Denver for about 10 days and have been to several very good restaurants, some costing quite a bit more than our dinner here. My wife ordered the tomato quespacho for an apetizer, I had the ahi tuna and then we shared the flat iron steak. All were excellent. I also had a Maker's Mark Old Fashion (2 of them) which was also very true to the original. We're from Kentucky so we know bourbon. It was made a little different than the average bar but if you're a bourbon fan I recommend it. Wine recommendation was great too. Atticus will definitely be on our list of dining place on our next trip to Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!headlettucedebDined on 6/5/2014Had lunch with a friend. We both had the steak sandwich - super delicious! The steak was tender, the Ciabatta roll crispy, and then of course, there was blue cheese and onions involved, so how could we go wrong? :) Nice little salad came with it that had strawberries, goat cheese, and pecans. Overall, a really delicious lunch for only $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating!ALaVDined on 6/2/2014Manager Justin was fantastic! I wanted to surprise my boyfriend to celebrate him getting his masters degree from DU. Justin allowed me to come early and helped me set up the whole table and choose which table I wanted. They were so nice and made it an awesome experience! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better and better!AmyFMVIPDined on 5/31/2014A follow up review from our list visit.....I believe the staff took my last review to heart! As mentioned in my last review, I felt the staff needed to sharpen their skills and be better aquainted with the menu as I believe this restaurant is suited for foodies! Foodies like GOOD food and GOOD descriptions of what they are going to be served.... along with a waitstaff that is on their toes! Much better this time around and I hope this is the beginning of consistently great service and food. Still some timing issues, but getting better. Beet salad was delicious!Special Features: