218 Camino La Tierra
Santa Fe, NM 87506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arroyovino.com/
- Phone: 5059832100x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Connell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arroyo Vino
Arroyo Vino serves a constantly changing menu of contemporary american "small plates" designed to be shared. The wine program consists of a dynamic by-the-glass list as well and over 750 bottles in the adjoining wine shop. Bottles from the shop, are priced at $20 over the retail price, making it the most fairly priced wine list in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arroyo Vino - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Arroyo Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (38)romantic (29)scenic view (22)good for groups (17)hot spot (14)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our first visit to Arroyo VinomangieDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I along with a friend tried Arroyo Vino for the first time a couple of nights ago. We had been driving past it for the last 5 months never realizing that it was a restaurant. We are new to Santa Fe. Someone mentioned that it was great with an outstanding wine store attached. Service was outstanding and everyone's food was great! I would totally recommend it to friends and we plan on making it one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous venue!2girltravelersDined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I were visiting Santa Fe and decided to stop here for a early evening light dinner and a glass of wine. The presentation of small plates and larger plates was gorgeous, food scrumptious. Everyone who served us had obvious great pride in the culinary experience they prepare and present. Wine serving was generous. We sat out on the patio and watched the sun set. Will be sure to return to this fabulous place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, Great WineLeftfieldDined on 9/12/2014The food here is simply fabulous - delicious, inventive and perfectly synced. It is always interesting to go and see what Chef Marc Connell is cooking up new. While small plates preside, larger plates are available for the men who need more to eat. You can also buy a bottle in the wine shop and drink it for a small corkage fee. I've never been disappointed here. It's my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise !DadaDined on 9/12/2014We have become used to being disappointed at most of the newer restaurants in Santa Fe, however, Arroyo Vino surprised us with eclectic menu and excellent wine list. The service was really a treat especially for Santa Fe. Great job ! We will definitely be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDalpasDined on 9/9/2014Intimate upscale restaurant, with fine freshly made food and attentive service. All around a top notch restaurant. Tricky to find, but worth the effort . For lots of locals it's their go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Always greatcocoa11VIPDined on 9/9/2014What makes a good restaurant is good food every time. Arroyo Vino never disappoints.Special Features:
- A long haulLuvveroVIPDined on 9/6/2014Quite a trip from downtown Santa Fe, especially after, so many choices for wineSpecial Features:
- Not Properly StaffedHungry777VIPDined on 9/6/2014Up front, they comp'd our entire meal. But really, do you want to go to a restaurant where this is required? The problem, management over books the restaurant relative to staff and kitchen. They don't train their staff (our server struggled to open the wine bottle and then put the cork back in after pouring the first glass). It is a shame as the food, when it arrives is great. It may take a hour, however. If I were you, I wouldn't bother.
- Perfect dinner settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Wonderful and attentive staff; creative, inventive and high quality food. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Never disappoints and always surprises. Loved the Misty Point oysters on the half shell....and the pappardrelle!Special Features:
- Great Wine & Dine SpotGregNealVIPDined on 8/29/2014The views from this new restaurant outside Santa Fe are breathtaking with sunsets you don't find anywhere else! The wine shop attached to the restaurant has an amazing selection. You only pay $20 over retail to cork it with your dinner which is quite a bargain. The menu isn't expansive, but you won't be disappointed with the selection especially the small plates.Special Features:
- New findCheetaDined on 8/28/2014several friends had recommended Arroyo Vino so we were anxious to try it. We were not disappointed. Everything was great. We will recommend it to others.Special Features:
- great food but not the placesocdocDined on 8/23/2014Small plates done very well. The food was slow, the service surly or non existent. Our waiter was more interested in chatting a woman at the bar than taking care of his customers. It was very noisy. The atmosphere was precious, and i dont mean that as a compliment.
- Second TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This is a great place for a pre-Opera dinner. Perfect ambiance; knowledgeable wait staff; excellent wine and advice about wines. This is the second year in a row that we have gone here prior to the opera in Santa Fe and it has never disappointed. I would recommend the wine store and restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldenDined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing. Definitely, a find. Wine store is a treat!Special Features:
- Fav restaurantmamacitaDined on 8/22/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. The menu is changed frequently, great service, extensive wine list. The chef is inventive and our guests always rave about the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and great wineLynnDined on 8/22/2014Arroyo Vino is on my short list of restaurants to which to go repeatedly in Santa Fe. The menu changes, but is always inventive, and the food is exquisitely prepared. My party split a burrata appetizer with some delicious bread and oils (olive and pumpkin), two fish dishes (skate and grouper), and an arugula agnolotti served with heirloom tomatoes and pickled fennel, followed by dessert of a dark chocolate shell filled with caramel ice cream surrounded by coffee marshmallows, which shell melted when the server poured pistachio soup over it. The whole experience could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat, perfect in every waySandSinLADined on 8/21/2014Arroyo Vino gets better every time we're there, and they started at a high bar! Their chefs put out seasonal, creative, beautiful, and delicious plates. The wine list is superb and bottles / glasses are reasonably priced. The service is professional and friendly. And, the relatively new outdoor patio offers gorgeous sunsets in a relaxed but elegant setting. Not to be missed when in Santa Fe... we can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Simply outstanding!SantaFeRobDined on 8/21/2014This was our first visit, but won't be our last! Our server, Arthur, was great. Funny, personable, and not afraid to give real recommendations. I had the spring rolls, greens salad, and grouper. It sounds simple, but was extraordinary. All the servings were perfectly proportional. The flavors were fantastic, all fresh, all complimented each other perfectly. I really wanted to lick the bowl that the grouper was served in, but no. My husband had the Vietnamese noodles, potato salad and chicken. It sounds basic, but they were amazing. The potato salad was deconstructed, and the chicken prepared sous-vide. The chocolate ball with pistachios is highly recommended and we were even comped these small lemon balls that melt in your mouth, literally.Special Features:
- Beyond ExcellentfoodcriticDined on 8/19/2014Was in Santa Fe recently - a Great Restaurant city - this restaurant was the absolute best. Started with an Heirloom Tomato salad - excellent Spring Rolls - another great app Oysters Stripe Bass Skirt Steak Each dish was better than the last............. Service by Whitney was sensational Dessert - a Wonderful Peach Souffle and Unusual TrufflesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningMimiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious and very interesting menu. Caring service. All around great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014All of us enjoyed every dish set down at our table and there were a lot of them! The Trefethen white wine is lovely for summer. Thank you for continuing to keep your menus fresh and interesting so we can visit often!Special Features:
- Fabulous!PickypickyDined on 8/15/2014Every time we visit Santa Fe we look for new places to dine to add to our list of favorites, well Arroyo Vino just went to the top of the list! Granted it was a little tricky to find [the gps gave all wrong info] & we were a little cranky when we finally got there, we were immediately soothed by the nice wait staff & as soon as the first course arrived we were thrilled we had tracked them down. We had the duck pate & also the chanterelle mushrooms to start, absolutely delicious,one of us had the duck, another had the lamb & I had the 'chicken& biscuits'we shared tastes & everything was superb, there was not a false note . The wait staff was friendly & helpful. We spent the next day tellina\g all we ran into what a great meal we had!Special Features:
- Food was fab but....SFnewbieDined on 8/14/2014A friend and I were at Arroyo Vino on a day that they were having a wine special. The food as usual was spectacular. The service was not. As an example, in the middle of taking our drink order, our server walked away in response to a request from the 10 folks doing the wine tasting. I am really hoping we were not treated shabbily because we were "just women". It put a decided crimp in our enjoyment and was followed by other oversights and lacks of attention. Really a shame since this is generally such a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying eveningJalynn50Dined on 8/13/2014Initial problems catching the waiter's attention were quickly rectified. Quickly, bread and oils arrived as focaccia-style slices: two greenish Italian oils and a Hungarian pumpkin oil, dark and nutty. The Farm Salad of fresh leaves was dressed lightly and the composed salad/appetizer of thin slices of fingerling potatoes, tiny fresh artichoke hearts, dots of tomato essence and invigoratingly salty kalamata olive paste rung all foodie bells. Crusty halibut rested atop fresh corn kernels that had chanterelle and pancetta bits for seasoning, while the large plate of lamb included meatballs and wonderful soba noodle cakes. Summer sparklers and roses did not pique our interest, but an exceptional Mersault from Kermit Lynch did the trick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeSpiritDined on 8/12/2014Great find. Terrific menu (small plates). Wine shop attached where you can purchase wine for dinner if your favorite isn't on there list. Dine outside on the patio if at all possible although the inside and bar area look appealing. Note: do not use google maps but rather call first for directions. A bit of a drive out of central Santa Fe but well worth the journey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food - more waiters neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014We love love love this restaurant. In fact, we are going back Saturday night. The wait staff is world class - best in Santa Fe. Lamb Paparadelle amazing. Cod balls were fabulous. Halibut was perfectly prepped and great dinner size. I think our table of 6 ordered every appetizer except the bread and oils!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive...to Santa Fe!TastytreatDined on 8/2/2014The food at Arroyo Vino is as good as it gets. We thought it was as good as the meal we had at Massa's in San Francisco, and it was much more affordable. Because it is attached to a wine store, the wines are excellent as well. And we've never had better service: our waiter's name is Arthur, and he is both knowledgeable and charming. Our GPS wanted us to believe the restaurant was in a group of mail boxes, but drive on...you'll be glad you did!Special Features:
- creative cooking in Santa FeJudyDVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a difference of opinion: I appreciated the creativity of the chef; others were not impressed. Portions were very small and expensive. Our waiter was excellent and even asked if we had ordered enough. My husband thought the restaurant was "pouffy" or pretentious; I do not agree with him. I had shrimp that was grilled and served with pieces of melon that cut the heat of the shrimp- delicious. The wine list is excellent. This restaurant is slightly out of town;; nicely situated for a glorious sunset.Special Features:
- Remarkable, sophisticated foodSFFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014This place has great food, with a diversity of cuisine and a sophistication that would be great in NY or Chicago and is remarkable for Santa FeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy!AesopVIPDined on 7/30/2014Extremely noisy even though the restaurant was only about half full. All hard surfaces, no carpet, no acoustical tile. Food was good, but not worth enduring the din.
- Fabulous!PPMBDined on 7/25/2014The most creative food, fabulous wine and some of the bestservice in Santa FeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocoa11VIPDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Best food in Santa FeRickVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lived here 3 years, eaten regularly in all the 4 and 5 star restaurants . Arroyo Vino always delights us with new dishes and old favorites exquisitely prepared. Our favorite SF restaurant.Special Features:
- MaggieMacMaggieMacDined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding as always. The outside patio is a great addition and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron's reviewronsreviewDined on 7/19/2014This is truly one of Santa Fe's best. The menu is diverse and extremely creative. The wine list is second to none. From the moment you walk in to when you leave you experience and seasoned Maitre D' and waitstaff all of whom are extremely knowledgeable, friendly but not overwhelming. Absolutely everything on the menu is a culinary experience not to miss. The young chef is an all star and should be lauded for his abilities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Service was horrible. Clearly there was someone at another table considered highly important while we were invisible. It was almost comical other than it certainly left a bad taste in our mouths. The restaurant wasn't that busy and there was no apparent reason why our food was so late in coming, cold and the waiter clearly indifferent at best. I was so looking forward to trying the restaurant and now will not be back.
- Simply the bestredhVIPDined on 7/16/2014The wait staff are knowledgeable, professional and always add to the enjoyment of Mark's amazing food. We love that the menu changes all the time. The best restaurant in Santa Fe!Special Features:
- Always excellent.LocalGirlDined on 7/11/2014We are so fortunate to have Arroyo Vino right in our neighborhood. We had a long, hard Friday, and dinner at Arroyo Vino set everything to rights. Great food, lovely and relaxed dining out on the patio. If you're downtown, it's well worth the short drive out Camino La Tierra, and you can't beat the views.Special Features:
- Exquisite and Inventive !PeachDined on 7/11/2014Every bite to savor! Maybe the best chef in New Mexico. High desert evening, so relaxing on patio with view of chamisa and pinon pines, like being in your own backyard. Casual, minimalist setting encouraged our focus on each perfect bite. Mark is a genius with flavor.Special Features: