218 Camino La Tierra
Santa Fe, NM 87506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arroyovino.com/
- Phone: (505) 983-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to host private parties any night of the week depending on the size of your group and type of event. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Bargsten 505-983-2100x
A word from Arroyo Vino
Arroyo Vino serves a constantly changing menu of contemporary american "small plates" designed to be shared. The wine program consists of a dynamic by-the-glass list as well and over 750 bottles in the adjoining wine shop. Bottles from the shop, are priced at $20 over the retail price, making it the most fairly priced wine list in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Arroyo Vino - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Arroyo Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (85)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (24)good for groups (22)scenic view (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First timegmandineDined on 11/22/2014First time was a very pleasant surprise for very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great creative menu2papillonsDined on 11/22/2014Arroyo Vino is a restaurant with a very creative menu. The four of us enjoyed the variety of food. We had a wonderful waiter . We would recommend this restaurant to people who like adventure when eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NavajoGalVIPDined on 11/21/2014lovely, small place with exquisite food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JRutschDined on 11/21/2014We have been here five times for special occasions since the restaurant opened. The menu changes frequently, and includes both small plates to share with others and large plates. Excellent wines by the glass or bottle are available. On our most recent visit my large plate was Butter Poached Lobster Tail, Parsnip Risotto, Wild Mushrooms, Tarragon and Lobster Nage. We live far from the ocean, but the lobster was fresh and delicious. If you want a special treat, eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As great as ever.OkupinDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Arroyo Vino many times and even with changes in kitchen personnel it remains one of the very best restaurants in Santa Fe and New Mexico. Especially interesting and delicious was the Wagu Beef Schnitzel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.GoldiDined on 11/14/2014Soup was the best ever. The rest of the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in the high desertOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014A cold November night, warmed by cozy atmosphere and hearty dishes; all accompanied by interesting wines off extensive list. Very friendly wait staff. Only nitpick would be that while all of the dishes were expertly prepared, some of the presentation of the small plates was a little spartan. Could be enhanced with a splash of greens etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long...SFChicaVIPDined on 11/7/2014to discover this amazing restaurant??? Our waitress was so kind to explain the menu and the portions to us. She made some great recommendations and we took her up on them. The food is all really well prepared and presented. You probably won't leave stuffed to the gills because the portions are small, really small. We didn't mind not feeling stuffed. Best bets-gnudi (for flavor not portion size), calamari (good portion), all the pasta dishes are amazing. Dessert was the best, I'm still thinking about it…passion fruit truffle. It is one bite of amazing flavors--a fiesta in your mouth. Do not miss it!Special Features:
- Surprised at how good it wasMmLlDined on 11/6/2014The food is creative, delicious and rich. The wine was wonderful. It's a bit expensive by Santa Fe standards, but well-priced compared to big cities. Good for a romantic evening while being casual and unpretentious.Special Features:
- GreatjminmalDined on 11/4/2014This has become one of the signiture restaurants in Santa FeSpecial Features:
- Always a great dining experience!JimWVIPDined on 11/1/2014We've dined at Arroyo Vino quite a few times now & feel so fortunate it's close to our new home. What a great place! The chef & waiters exhibit their enthusiasm for presenting fresh, innovative menus that are updated often & take advantage of what is in season. The waitstaff is only too happy to offer wine pairing advise & will let you taste their suggestion before buying. We'll be back! - often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine List and Service!SavarinVIPDined on 11/1/2014The service was superb! Food was good ( except for dry pheasant). Wine from the wine shop is available at Corkage of $20...great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousIam55082Dined on 11/1/2014Arroyo Vino has served exceptional and creative food from the start, and yet somehow it just keeps getting better and better. Our recent visit was fabulous in every way; great service, incomparable wine list, and wonderful food. It's our first choice to dine, when in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining at its bestShawnDined on 10/22/2014Arroyo Vino is hands down the best fine dining experience I have ever had. Chef Mark Connell's food is head and shoulders above anything I've ever seen or tasted in Santa Fe. Add that with an incredible wait staff and it changed the way I understood what going out to dinner ever even meant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014This was my second time at Arroyo Vino. The first time our service was flawless but this time it was lacking in several respects. For a restaurant that prides itself on its wine selection, our waitress was surprisingly unhelpful in suggesting a wine to go with our dinner selection. Additionally, our service was slow. I'm not sure I'll go back anytime soon. At a restaurant like this you expect special service to justify the special prices. Didn't get that this time.Special Features:
- Arroyo Vino OLE!PamFDined on 10/17/2014This should be on your very short list of the BEST dining venues in Santa Fe! Bistro atmosphere serving small and large plates, each exquisitely composed. My current favorite is the saddle of rabbit risotto. Always some great nightly specials to tempt you. Wine list is extensive.....as it includes the entire selection available in the owner's adjacent wine shop. Arroyo Vino is definitely worth the 15 minute drive from the Plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveDandSTravelsVIPDined on 10/11/2014First, we were apparently not the first to experience difficulties with GPS directions. After being looped around several times we stopped and called the restaurant for directions while being treated to the most spectacular sunset we have ever seen. It was worth the drive. Our meal was the best of a number of fine dining experiences we had in a two week visit to Santa Fe. Overall, the food was outstanding, inventive and well prepared. We split two appetizers, lamb-stuffed Padron peppers and memorable Brussels sprouts sautéed in preserved lemon and shared a nicely prepared half a Guinea hen. The 2011 Dierberg Pinot Noir was elegant. Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and engaged. Definitely on our list for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealRedhollyDined on 10/4/2014I have been to Arroyo Vino many times and it never disappoints. Really a fun experience, interesting food preparation, great servers and all around good time. Best to enjoy with good friends for a very relaxing eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding as Usual!DuchessVIPDined on 10/4/2014Love this restaurant! Food is innovative and delicious. The choice of wines is outstanding as there is a wine shop attached!! Outstanding dishes on this night were: Calamari with a Thai chile sauce, clam chowder, and a wonderful rib eye steak! Don't miss out on this wonderful restaurant just because it is a bit of a drive from the Plaza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favorite !!DadaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Love the option of choosing your wine from the adjacent store and only paying a $20 up charge rather than the normal 100% or more markup. The selection is outstanding and really makes the meal as as it should be. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Foodsantafean1VIPDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant continues to amaze us. The food is imaginative and delicious. You can get small bites or full-sized plates. The selection always includes some fresh fish. meat ,and vegetables. The homemade pastas are excellent. The sauces change regularly. The bolognese sauce is full of flavor. It can be a little noisy but the food is worth that slight annoyance. I believe this chef makes the best food in Santa Fe. Do not miss the signature passion fruit truffles. They literally explode in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!DuchessVIPDined on 10/1/2014We are so fortunate to have this restaurant in our neighborhood! Our dinner was delicious...starting with the best calamari I have ever eaten...crispy but tender with a spicy chile sauce. The burrata with heirloom tomatoes and crispy garlic bread is always a winner. The short ribs were excellent and the scallops in a vanilla ginger sauce were fabulous. It was so good we are returning 3 days later. Keep up your excellent work!!Special Features:
- "Off the Beaten Path" Foodie FindCitySlickerDined on 10/1/2014My friends and I recently dined at Arroyo Vino, and it was fantastic. The decor is simple...the staff was not at all pretentious. The wine list and adjoining store provide a well thought out and diverse selection of wines. Even someone with minimal wine knowledge shouldn't feel intimidated because the owner/staff are well versed and eager to help patrons find something that suits their palate. The food was creative, concepts seemed fresh, and I enjoy sharing the small plates. The plates are priced reasonably given the quality of the food, presentation and service. Some reviews mention noise, but frankly, it's not that loud (unless your a curmudgeon). There's a good energy and it's worth the drive...just won 'Open Tables' top 100 wine list.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Love this restaurant. The food and presentation are always outstanding; staff are helpful and friendly. Such a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and WinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Always an evening to look forward to. Great wine recommendations and the fresh oysters - yum. Can't stay away from the wagyu pappardelle. Pot stickers were delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal in Santa FeTomADined on 9/20/2014After two disappointing dinners at Santa Fe restaurants with famous chefs, my wife and I had a fabulous experience at Arroyo Vino, equal to memorable meals we have had in other major cities in the US and around the world. To single out just one example, the tomatoes in the heirloom tomato salad were among the most flavorful I’ve ever had, and the nasturtium leaves, goat cheese sorbet, and olive oil croquant were perfect accent notes that enhanced but didn’t in any way overwhelm or compete with those glorious tomatoes. The chef and his kitchen staff cook with obvious care, restraint, and subtlety, producing dishes with beautifully balanced flavors. They also have some techniques that will surprise and amaze you. Bravo, Arroyo Vino!Special Features:
- Creative Dishes - fabulosu tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014The baby goat I ordered was amazing, but I think the table flipped for the Burrata and peppers stuffed with Manchego cheese. Brian suggested the perfect white wine - another great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit to Arroyo VinomangieDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I along with a friend tried Arroyo Vino for the first time a couple of nights ago. We had been driving past it for the last 5 months never realizing that it was a restaurant. We are new to Santa Fe. Someone mentioned that it was great with an outstanding wine store attached. Service was outstanding and everyone's food was great! I would totally recommend it to friends and we plan on making it one of our favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous venue!2girltravelersDined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I were visiting Santa Fe and decided to stop here for a early evening light dinner and a glass of wine. The presentation of small plates and larger plates was gorgeous, food scrumptious. Everyone who served us had obvious great pride in the culinary experience they prepare and present. Wine serving was generous. We sat out on the patio and watched the sun set. Will be sure to return to this fabulous place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, Great WineLeftfieldDined on 9/12/2014The food here is simply fabulous - delicious, inventive and perfectly synced. It is always interesting to go and see what Chef Marc Connell is cooking up new. While small plates preside, larger plates are available for the men who need more to eat. You can also buy a bottle in the wine shop and drink it for a small corkage fee. I've never been disappointed here. It's my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise !DadaVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have become used to being disappointed at most of the newer restaurants in Santa Fe, however, Arroyo Vino surprised us with eclectic menu and excellent wine list. The service was really a treat especially for Santa Fe. Great job ! We will definitely be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDalpasDined on 9/9/2014Intimate upscale restaurant, with fine freshly made food and attentive service. All around a top notch restaurant. Tricky to find, but worth the effort . For lots of locals it's their go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Always greatcocoa11VIPDined on 9/9/2014What makes a good restaurant is good food every time. Arroyo Vino never disappoints.Special Features:
- A long haulLuvveroVIPDined on 9/6/2014Quite a trip from downtown Santa Fe, especially after, so many choices for wineSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014Wonderful and attentive staff; creative, inventive and high quality food. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Never disappoints and always surprises. Loved the Misty Point oysters on the half shell....and the pappardrelle!Special Features:
- Great Wine & Dine SpotGregNealVIPDined on 8/29/2014The views from this new restaurant outside Santa Fe are breathtaking with sunsets you don't find anywhere else! The wine shop attached to the restaurant has an amazing selection. You only pay $20 over retail to cork it with your dinner which is quite a bargain. The menu isn't expansive, but you won't be disappointed with the selection especially the small plates.Special Features:
- New findCheetaDined on 8/28/2014several friends had recommended Arroyo Vino so we were anxious to try it. We were not disappointed. Everything was great. We will recommend it to others.Special Features:
- great food but not the placesocdocDined on 8/23/2014Small plates done very well. The food was slow, the service surly or non existent. Our waiter was more interested in chatting a woman at the bar than taking care of his customers. It was very noisy. The atmosphere was precious, and i dont mean that as a compliment.
- Second TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This is a great place for a pre-Opera dinner. Perfect ambiance; knowledgeable wait staff; excellent wine and advice about wines. This is the second year in a row that we have gone here prior to the opera in Santa Fe and it has never disappointed. I would recommend the wine store and restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.