Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Please leave children at home and enjoy the atmosphere.
Todd takes great measures to utilize small farmers and producers who practice natural and ecologically sound agriculture, and is proud to offer alternative simple dishes to suit your diet or food allergies.
Let us host your next Private Event, Business meeting or Special Occasion! Todd & his team are happy to customize special menus to accommodate you & your guests culinary & dietary requests.
We focus on producing small lots of well-balanced wines using Virginia and California grapes. Our winemaking process can be viewed from the tasting bar where you can enjoy our creations.
You can also choose from ten different wine flights or select a wine from our list that features 800 wines from around the world. There is also a food menu that ranges from artisanal cheese platters to sandwiches and entrees.
We look forward to pouring your next glass of wine! Cheers!
Varia, our Italian restaurant and wine studio, features wine by the glass and a pianist six nights a week. Indulge in homemade pasta, freshly tossed pizzas from our brick oven, or signature Italian desserts like the tiramisu. Varia's modern Italian fare is made from only the best local ingredients and the wine studio features over 100 hand-selected wines, including 50 by the glass.
The dining room's intricate finishes and the warm glow of its reclaimed chandelier, formally of the Historic Cavalier's ballroom, offers an intimate ambiance that invites conversation over a full bodied merlot. Guests can book the ultra private dining room only accessible by hidden doors in the bookshelves for special events.
Our warm, elegant dining room offers the perfect environment to enjoy our impeccable service and evolving cuisine for an intimate dinner for two or a celebration for twenty.
Rooftop and Back Patio outdoor dining is available seasonally.
We offer the alluring and relaxing nature of an authentic Irish pub and the warmth of a Gaelic home kitchen.
Our dark wood interiors, full of cozy nooks and beautifully sculpted bars will transport you to Ireland of old.
Great Food • Great Music • Great Craic, you’ll always feel like a local in Grace O'Malley's
Enjoy Cold Brews & Rooftop Views in Downtown Norfolk - Grain is downtown Norfolk's scene-setting destination to unwind. With one of the best selections of craft beer in Norfolk, our rooftop bar offers a terraced patio with spectacular views of the Elizabeth River. Surrounded by the patio's landscaped trees and atmospheric lighting, sip a hand-crafted cocktail or craft beer socializing with guests and locals around the fire pit.
We are accepting Walk-ins only. We invite you to stop in an explore Norfolk’s only rooftop beer garden at your leisure. Thank you for choosing Grain as your dining destination! Heightened Covid-19 Prevention Procedures with Outdoor seating available (Weather Permitted).
Dining reservations are limited to 90 minutes to ensure all of our guests get an opportunity to enjoy Grain! Incomplete parties will be seated once all guests have arrived. Parking is located in Plume Street garage attached to the rear of the hotel.
- XXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxVirginia •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoMade reservations and asked to be near the piano, where we were sitting we couldn’t even see the piano. Our reservation was for 6PM, we ordered food and received it at 7:30PM. It was a very long wait for the food, but well worth it. Our waiter LOGAN was very attentive and respectful. Even though the VARIA does not have a MILITARY or a SENIOR discount I did get a free dessert for my birthday. I wanted the Cheesecake, but they ran out so I got something else. Overall it is an elegant restaurant, with GREAT food. Definitely a restaurant for a special occasion or a first date when you want to impress someone and show them you have a lot of class.More infoVariaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Norfolk•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoMike our waiter was awesome. I appreciated the quiet table with great ambiance for our business dinner. Food and service were first class. Thank youMore infoSaltinePrice: Moderate• Seafood• Norfolk•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe have to visit Byrd and Baldwin Brothers Steakhouse more than once a year! This restaurant is fantastic. The service is great, the steaks are cooked to perfection, the sides are delicious, and there are plenty of gluten-free options on their menu. The atmosphere in the restaurant is perfect for me and my wife. The background music is indeed in the background. There is no struggle to hear the waitstaff or anyone at your table. From the staff to the patrons, everyone is dressed like they're out for a classy steak dinner. Our experience was great all around. We will be back soon.More infoByrd and Baldwin Bros. SteakhousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Norfolk•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 28, 2023The service was amazing, if you like Italian this is the spot to visit. Area is waterside so the parking may be tricky to get. Overall, the drinks and food were very tasty. I was very pleased.More infoLeone'sPrice: Moderate• Contemporary Italian• Norfolk•4.5
- AHAyanaHWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 26, 2023The food was delicious and the waitress was extremely nice and accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant.More infoNorfolk Seafood Co & Oyster BarPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Norfolk•4.4
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
National chains and local establishments merge in Norfolk to form a dazzling array of flavors and textures. Enjoy American flavors like smokehouse barbecue and soul food. Discover new tastes with Asian cuisine spanning half a dozen countries. Fresh, farm-to-table ingredients highlight what's in season in many of the upscale bistros. Tap houses, wine bars, and oyster bars make specialization an art. If you’re in the mood for a little dessert, then indulge your sweet tooth with fudge, ice cream, cupcakes, and other confections. From Chesapeake Bay oysters on the half shell to bahn mi to Carolina barbecue, there's a lot of delicious food to encounter in Norfolk.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 10, 2023 there are 24 restaurants in Norfolk. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Seafood, Contemporary Italian, Italian, Steakhouse, American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Norfolk who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Norfolk either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Lakewood Park
- Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
- Days Inn Norfolk
- River Forest Shores Shopping Center
- Barraud Park
- Ford Park
- Tidewater Shopping Center
- Janaf Shopping Center
- Powhatan Field
- Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
- Roland Park Shopping Center
- Norfolk Naval Base
- Snug Harbor Shopping Center
- Bennets Shopping Center
- Shoop Park
- East Haven
- Church Street Shopping Center
- Chrysler Museum of Art
- Military Circle Shopping Center
- Robertson Park