Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Over the years Da Filippo's Ristorante received numerous reviews from the New York Times, New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Zagat survey, The Star-Ledger and The American Academy of Restaurant and Hospitality Sciences. The most honorable recognition presentated to Filippo Russo is the Luigi Veronelli Award of Northern American fine Italian dining and Ignazio Miceli from Regaleali Winery Sicily. When guests arrive at Da Filippo Ristorante they are welcomed with European hospitality while finding themselves in a rustic ambiance
An open kitchen is the focal point of the 70-seat restaurant, which features a 6-seat counter for our Chef Table experience. To the rear is our casually appointed dining room, where we offer an array of daily dinner blackboard specials featuring the freshest seafood in the area.
Start with a fun selection from our fresh oyster raw bar! We are a BYOB so feel free to also bring your favorite beer and wine while letting our well-trained staff manage the rest!
VintEdge Wine Bar & Lounge’s luxurious interior connects directly to VintEdge Wine & Spirits, making it easy to bring the tastes you’ve discovered home with you. We are located within Somerville Town Center, which encompasses a full retail experience as well as The Edge at Main, a luxury apartment community at the corner of Somerville’s Main & Davenport Streets.
**For parties larger than 6: please call the restaurant for availability. Thank you!
Social is a contemporary restaurant and lounge in Somerville that specializes in offerings that are perfect for sharing. With a regular menu and party menu, it is not difficult to solve those hunger pangs. With a full bar and a cozy atmosphere, Social is the ideal place for being “social.”
The social sharing plates include classic favorites like calamari, boneless wings, as well as tasty homemade rice balls, and coconut shrimp. Hearty appetites will love the entrees including braised boneless short ribs, filet mignon and handheld options such as a grilled chicken sandwich & homemade burgers. Classic dishes with options for chicken, pasta, and seafood are also favorites. Lunch, dinner and evening entertainment are all great reasons to check out Social.
- LSLindaSNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoWe were there to celebrate special birthday. We were seated at a nice corner table. The service was exceptional. The staff made everything perfect. The food was excellent.More infoBoulevard Seafood CompanyPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Somerville•4.7
- CKC2KMvipNew York / Tri-State Area •54 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoExcellent meal & cocktails. We had the mixed greens salad with grilled shrimp and chicken tacos. Everything was so tasty and very creative dishes. We always get the salsa, guacamole and chips which are also excellent. The cocktails are consistently well balanced & perfect. Service was very good as well.More infoSalted LimePrice: Moderate• Latin American• Somerville•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 19, 2023Good vibe but pretty loud. Good bar type food better than typical of a brewpub. Friendly staff.More infoThe Village Brewing CompanyPrice: Moderate• Brewery• Somerville•4.1
- GEGoodEatsforFunPeepsNew York / Tri-State Area •7 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 17, 2023We had truly lovely drinks and yummy casual food fair plated with elegance in this edgy modern grey stylized space with slightly more cozy seating sadly too close to the ceiling to floor glass walk-in wine closet. All in all, a pretty space for couples or small group to enjoy conversation, snacks, and libation.More infoVintEdge Wine BarPrice: Moderate• Tapas / Small Plates• Somerville•4.5
- TTTomTAtlantic City / South Jersey Shore •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Excellent service, food, atmosphere drinks. Overall outstanding! We will be back!More infoWolfgang's Steakhouse Grill by Wolfgang ZwienerPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Somerville•4.4
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
NYC’s 13 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Somerville is da Filippo Autentica Cucina Italiana