- RVRedVLos Angeles •5 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWe had an awesome time at Morimoto. Our server was the best, her suggestions were on point. The food was amazing. We were there to celebrated 2 occasions and were glad that we chose Morimoto restaurant. The staff made the occasion extra special. Thank you!More infoMorimotoPrice: Very Expensive• Japanese• Center City•4.7
- DCDCSDinervipAtlanta Metro •3 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoWhat a delightful dinner!! From the food to the atmosphere to the stellar service by Clarence, we can’t say enough! We were visiting Philly and we felt fortunate to find The Morris on our second night here. If we were to be in town longer, we would return. We will have to wait until our next visit. Highly recommend!More infoThe MorrisPrice: Expensive• American• Center City•4.7
- DdkassabianPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •6 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoFantastic! The food was delicious and came out from the kitchen quickly, the staff was friendly and made great recommendations, the overall experience was excellent. We'll be back again soon!More infoUmami Steak and Sushi BarPrice: Moderate• Japanese• Old City•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Awesome. Totally decked out for Christmas! Great food, great milkshakes, lots of holiday themed food and drinks.More infoCraftsman Row SaloonPrice: Moderate• American• Old City•4.3
- APAnnPvipNew York / Tri-State Area •10 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023My husband and I celebrated New Year’s in Philly and came to Talula’s for brunch. It was an awesome experience! Our server Jillian was super attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. All of the staff was super friendly and attentive as well. The food was also amazing!! The biscuits were so good as well as the bananas foster french toast sticks. They also had french press coffee which we love and they had a lot of fun fresh drinks as well. We will definitely be back!!More infoTalula’s GardenPrice: Very Expensive• American• Washington Square•4.9
4 new restaurants making a splash in Philadelphia right now
Philadelphia’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia & New Jersey
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia & New Jersey
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Where to find Philadelphia’s best outdoor dining
Philadelphia’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Philadelphia
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
17 restaurants that define Philadelphia dining
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Philadelphia dining right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
10 romantic restaurants in Philadelphia for every kind of date
Whether you want to woo your Valentine with fussy French food or share a plate of fried chicken at a gastropub, Philadelphia’s most romantic restaurants can vastly improve Cupid’s aim this February. For some, sparks will fly over vegan snacks and zippy cocktails at a dimly lit Center City bar. At an Italian institution in East Passyunk, live opera performances draw couples who prefer more epic celebrations. Others may opt for a nostalgic evening at a retro steakhouse just over the Ben Franklin Bridge. Treat yourself and your date to a swoon-worthy meal. Read on for a guide to Philadelphia’s 10 top date-night restaurants.
12 of Philadelphia’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Maybe you got engaged on the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art or just picked up the keys to your first rowhouse. It could be that your kid is (finally) toilet trained, or that your noisy neighbor moved away. Sometimes, simply surviving another Tuesday can be an occasion to celebrate over a restaurant meal. It doesn’t have to be fancy. What makes an occasion special isn’t an arbitrary date on the calendar—it’s the decision to celebrate. Luckily, Philadelphia bursts with places where the food and atmosphere lend themselves to living it up. Grab dinner and a jazz show at a swinging North Broad Street faithful. Opt for a quieter night at a critically acclaimed, plant-based gem in Midtown Village. Or splurge on a swanky steakhouse that presides over a corner of Rittenhouse Park. Whether you’re after an intimate spot for an anniversary date or a convivial atmosphere for a boisterous reunion, Philadelphia has you covered with these 12 celebration-worthy restaurants.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s bar scene pulses with the same eclectic energy that defines its restaurants. In every neighborhood, you’ll find spots that reflect the people who live, work, and drink there. Some embrace the city’s signature blue collar ethos while others offer glamorous settings—and even higher-end spirits. Many are attached to restaurant kitchens that turn out the kind of top-notch food that put Philadelphia on the culinary map. The city’s drinking dens have you covered, whether your tastes skew classic or trendy, whiskey or vodka, domestic or imported. Grab a friend—plus a barstool—and explore this town by way of its best watering holes.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Philadelphia & New Jersey
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
10 Top Burger Picks in Philadelphia and New Jersey
The genesis of the beef-on-bun combo known as the hamburger might be forever shrouded in mystery — there are at least six different people that claim to be responsible for its invention — but regardless of who came up with the burger, its appeal is undeniable. Throughout Philadelphia and New Jersey, burger options abound, from pared-down smashburgers topped with a simple combo of lettuce, tomato and onion, to patties finished with bacon and eggs designed for brunch-time enjoyment. Up and down the New Jersey coastline and into Philadelphia, these are the spots serving can’t-miss burgers.
Discover Trending Restaurants in Philadelphia
Find the best trendy Restaurants in Washington Square on OpenTable. See all best list of trendy Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover Washington Square
The historical undertones are near palpable in Washington Square. Part of this strong local flavor includes the neighborhood cuisine, which is highlighted by the legendary Philly cheesesteak. Since its debut in the 1930s, this immortalized sandwich has been imitated and replicated across the country. However, there's no place to indulge in a food quite like its origin. Washington Square visitors will find that the local amalgamation of multiple culinary backgrounds has helped to create a neighborhood that's as diverse food-wise as it is culturally. From Italian trattorias to sushi cafes to pizza diners, there is no cuisine left untouched. Washington Square has a lot to offer to food lovers.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Washington Square is Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club
- West Philadelphia
- Chestnut Hill
- Upper Chichester
- East Falls
- Washington Square
- Upper North Philadelphia
- Southwest Philadelphia
- Clifton Heights
- Port Richmond
- Philadephia Art Museum
- Penn's Landing
- Society Hill
- South Philly
- University City Philadelphia
- West Oak Lane
- Chinatown Philadelphia