Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Dining at Liv’s, whether in the main room, at the bar, or on the patio, is an experience to be savored with friends and family long after summer on the shoreline has past.
John Brescio also serves as Liv’s Executive Chef, creating simple, focused dishes with an emphasis on local ingredients, and the stunning seafood that the area provides. The menu at Liv’s changes with the seasons, bringing guests a true taste of the pristine environment. John works closely with Liv’s partners to make sure only the best produce is used, as he would serve nothing less to his family.
Together with his exceptional staff, John welcomes you to the special experience he’s created at Liv’s Oyster Bar.
The Essex menu showcases modern American cuisine that draws inspiration from the land, sea and deep heritage of the Connecticut River Valley, using the freshest locally sourced products available from farm and sea. All will inspire an ever-changing menu of progressive interpretations of timeless dishes.
"Voted Best New Restaurant in New England" Yankee Magazine
"Best Restaurants in Connecticut" CT Magazine
"Not to be Missed" Town & Country Magazine
"Rising Chef Star" CT Mag
Important: when making a reservation through OpenTable there is an option to make a reservation at a high top table in the bar area or standard table which is in the dining room. If the high top option does not pop up as an option for you then that means that there are NO High Top tables available at those times. If you would like to reserve bar seats please leave us a note or call us. See you soon!
A premiere destination dining experience, serving contemporary american cuisine with global accents.
Aspen Restaurant is Located on 2 main street in Old Saybrook,CT.
- BMBrianMvipGreater Boston •8 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoThe food is consistently outstanding and creative. The staff was warm and informative. The cocktails were truly memorable. A wonderful experience to be savored on special occasions.More infoThe EssexPrice: Expensive• American• Old Saybrook•4.8
- MAMaryannANew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoEvery time we eat here, everyone is super nice and the food is always good. Fresh ingredients always!More infoPenny Lane PubPrice: Moderate• American• Old Saybrook•4.5
- ACAbbyCNew York / Tri-State Area •10 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOur server was lovely, patient and excellent. Everything -- cocktails, apps and meals were delicious! All staff was welcoming and friendly.More infoLiv's Oyster BarPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Old Saybrook•4.9
- KSKristinSNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Dec 1, 2023Very consistent over the years…perfectly cooked proteins and an interesting menu and drink listMore infoAspen RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Old Saybrook•4.7
- NNichettevipColumbus •22 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 28, 2023It was the first time eating there and we had a cousin from out of town We were very impressed with all the food n the waitress Maria was very nice, there was no rush n we were able to talk We will certainly be back soonMore infoFresh SaltPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Old Saybrook•4.6
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
- Liberty Inn Old Saybrook
- Quality Inn Old Saybrook
- Elm Street Shopping Center
- Old Saybrook Shopping Center
- Great Island Nature Area
- Clark Memorial Field
- Pier Blue Guesthouse Old Saybrook
- Harvey's Beach
- Trask Town Park
- Fort Saybrook Monument Park
- The Oyster River Shopping Center
- Town Line Center Shopping Center
- Super 8 Motel Old Saybrook
- Saybrook Station Historical
- Old Saybrook Town Green
- Connecticut Auto Mall
- Towne Center Plaza Shopping Center
- Essex Saybrook Antique Village Shopping Center
- James Gallery And Soda Fountain
- Saybrook Point Inn and Spa