- OTOpenTable DinerBaltimore / Maryland •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoSpectacular night of great food and service. The whole team made us feel special.More infoPeninsula Grill$$$$Price: Very Expensive• American• Downtown Charleston•4.7
- CBCraigBWashington, D.C. Area •9 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAnother wonderful meal at CU. Creative updates to the menu, which we loved. Wait staff was fantastic, thank you!More infoChurch and Union - Charleston$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Downtown Charleston•4.4
- KBKathrynBvipDetroit / Eastern Michigan •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat food and very friendly service! Will definitely return!More infoIndaco$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- LMLisaMAtlanta Metro •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoEverything was super! Delicious oysters, perfect Martini, excellent service, overall it was a great experience. I just hate how much the cost of dining out has gotten for two people. $200 bucks out the door. Can break the ole bank ya know.More infoThe Darling Oyster Bar$$$$Price: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- GgreyfoxSouth Carolina •29 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 13, 2024We have been dining at Rue de Jean every few months for years, and especially like the Tuesday half price mussels. It is one of the few good, bustro atmosphere, high quality restaurants left in Charleston. No food gimmicks, just a reliably excellent menu and good service.More info39 Rue de Jean - Charleston$$$$Price: Expensive• French• Downtown Charleston•4.2
12 quintessential date-night restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s cobblestone streets and candlelit verandas scream romance, and that Lowcountry charm also defines its best date-night restaurants. Window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date nerves at an oyster bar. For dinner and dancing, there’s a multi-level hotspot with killer sunset views. Proposals mean a nautical dining room at a waterfront beauty. This guide pairs Charleston restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are Charleston’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Situated near charming, historic and unbelievably beautiful Charleston, Edisto is known not only for its visual beauty but also for its excellent restaurants, which serve a range of culinary styles that provide a festival for the taste buds. Because it sits right along the coast, it stands to reason that seafood menus would top the recommended choices. Enjoy some fish, shrimp and clams pulled directly from the Atlantic in Edisto's eateries. Also available are traditional American choices and grill-type restaurants as well as Italian and French cuisine. Many restaurants are located in historic buildings and picture-perfect quaint settings ideal for showing off delicious meals.