Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Four brothers and 30 years ago- a small Italian restaurant was born in Tempe, serving beef subs, Grandpa Cesare's sausage recipe, Grandma Cleone's spaghetti sauce, cheesecake, and our original deep dish pizza.
Our little Nello's grew into an award winning "Best of Phoenix" restaurant year after year, after year... after year. Family recipes, family genius and family drama all keep Nello's going 30 years later to new generations of pasta and pizza connoisseurs.
A FEW THINGS THAT MAKE NELLO’S AHWATUKEE UNIQUE:
We are the only Nello’s location to use a wood fire oven, which was imported from Italy.
Our pasta is made in-house daily.
We stretch our own mozzarella.
Some of our meats are smoked and cured in-house.
All desserts are made from scratch in-house.
We support local Arizona farms by purchasing their seasonal produce whenever possible.
Craftsman Distillers creates a wide range of high end, small batch, hand crafted spirits. We produce all of our products on a 300 gallon copper hybrid still built in Idaho. This hybrid still allows us to craft any type of distilled spirit we can dream up. Craftsman spirits are highlighted throughout our cocktail list.
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoA wonderful place to eat with family and friends! I would pick Galeto's anytime I want to celebrate or just treat myself! A warm environment with a luxurious atmosphere. If I want to be treated like royalty and dine like a king or queen then Galeto is where I will go!More infoGaleto Brazilian Steakhouse ChandlerPrice: Expensive• Brazilian Steakhouse• Chandler•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •8 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 12, 2023Pita Jungle’s food is consistently good. However this trip, 2 of 4 people who dined felt really awful afterwards. Would I go back, yes. But not for awhile. The service on the patio was good and the seating was comfortable and it was a beautiful night. However, and to no fault of Pita Jungle, cars driving by on a Saturday night were loud and obnoxious. We would sit inside next time. Everyone was super nice. I didn’t call to tell them we felt bad the next day. I should have. But like I said, they are consistently good so this must be a fluke?More infoPita Jungle - AhwatukeePrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Ahwatukee•4.5
- ATAzureT1 review5.0Dined on Nov 3, 2023Everything was wonderful, food and service. I definitely will go back and would recommend.More infoRA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Ahwatukee, AZPrice: Moderate• Japanese• Ahwatukee•4
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •11 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023First time having dinner here. Service was good but our mahi mahi came out undercooked. Staff made it right but wont be back as this happened the other time at lunch and the burger came out rare when ordered well.More infoCooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant - ChandlerPrice: Moderate• American• Chandler•4.6
- KMKaileeMPhoenix / Arizona •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Our waitress was absolutely amazing! Her recommendations were spot on and she was attentive without being overly attentive. I highly recommend trying the brunch!More infoPrime, A Shula's Steak HousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Chandler•4.4
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Phoenix
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in Phoenix
Urban sophistication and natural beauty make Phoenix ripe for romance. The city’s best date-night restaurants are experts at setting the stage for love whether it’s an easygoing evening or a once-in-a-lifetime occasion. White Louis XVI chairs and glittering chandeliers make a proposal-worthy backdrop at a stunner in Old Town Scottsdale. A modern brasserie in North Scottsdale draws couples for spirited sommelier competitions. This striking Sonoran metropolis is filled with places to celebrate your sweetheart. Read on for a guide to Phoenix’s 9 most romantic restaurants to book now.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in Phoenix
Despite triple-digit temperatures, summer is anything but slow in Phoenix. And the folks behind these six new dining and drinking establishments, where locals have been turning up with much enthusiasm, would agree. Get a respite from the heat at a fancy cocktail lounge in Old Town Scottsdale and cool off with refreshing salads at a pizzeria downtown. Or go the other extreme and embrace the fire—a new sushi and izakaya joint specializes in skewers cooked over Japanese charcoal, while a modern Indian restaurant dials up the spices on its lamb chops and seafood curries. These are Phoenix’s four best restaurants to book right now.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Phoenix
You’re meeting an old buddy for a sidecar. Or grabbing an after-work Manhattan with your boss. Or maybe your sister needs to bend your ear over a chilled pinot. Here’s the good news: Phoenix and its surrounding cities are bursting with great bars and cocktail lounges, suited for a range of hangouts. Here are 9 of the best for your consideration.
The Top 10 Spots for Outdoor Dining in Phoenix
Eating outdoors in the often-sultry desert isn’t just an option—it’s a pleasure. In Phoenix, many restaurateurs have ushered al fresco dining to cool new heights. Savor locally inspired plates with a view of the McDowell Mountains or sip sangria amongst the palms. Here are the city’s best restaurants for dining outside.
Phoenix’s 11 Greatest Restaurants
The Valley of the Sun is fast becoming a sought-after dining destination. People once came to the Sonoran Desert looking for saguaros and sunshine; today, they’re just as likely to be scouting out the perfect spare rib hoagie or sticky buns from a certain resort restaurant. Here is a microcosm of the Valley’s resilient and imaginative spirit— the best and beloved lunch and dinner spots in Phoenix and its surrounding cities.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Phoenix
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Ahwatukee, an urban village that is located within the city limits of Phoenix, Arizona, is a beautiful neighborhood nestled in one of the more mountainous areas of the state. It is also currently the world’s largest cul-de-sac. When it comes to a culinary experience, the village has several great options. You can choose from traditional tavern experiences, fried chicken and greens from a soul food place, pizza by the pie or slice, or feast on a more varied Italian cuisine. International foods like crepes and sushi are also on the menu in the restaurants of Ahwatukee, and Mediterranean fare like horiatiki salad is always served up with a fresh authenticity. If you’re looking for food that pleases a more experienced palate, then you have some great options here.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Ahwatukee is RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Ahwatukee, AZ
- 19th Hole
- Best Western Plus Tempe by the Mall
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chandler
- Groves Power Center Shopping Center
- Cesela Park
- Ramada Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall
- Tempe Sports Complex
- Raintree at Worldmark Phoenix South Mountain Preserve
- Tempe Municipal Golf Course
- Days Inn & Suites Tempe
- Nevitt Park
- TownePlace Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall
- El Paso Natural Gas Company Compressor Station
- Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler - E. Chandler Blvd.
- Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler
- SpringHill Suites Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe
- Hotel Tempe Phoenix Airport Inn Suites
- Foothills Park Place Shopping Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe