Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Perfect for date nights, celebrations, birthdays, and casual drinks late into the night.
A true Melbourne experience with expansive views of the Yarra river and mesmerizing city lights.
Take in the stunning Melbourne sky line whilst enjoying our finest seafood and oysters expertly sourced directly from some of Australia’s best producers.
We are dedicated to the “sea to plate”, with daily visits to the market, selecting the very best oysters, pristine shellfish and the freshest local seafood.
Our “paddock to table” philosophy ensures we only source the highest quality of meats, bred from local Victorian farmers.
With over 100 years in hospitality, the Zampelis family welcomes you to enjoy a unique dining experience.
The modern Australian menu, with its emphasis on fresh seasonal ingredients, offers both small and larger dishes to be shared and enjoyed with friends. Choose from a well-considered wine list with prominence to local winemakers, an exciting range of craft beers and ciders, or a distinct selection of cocktails and small-batch Australian gins and single malt whiskies.
The world of booze, bubbles and beers is ever-changing and The Barre is excited to also offer a range of alcohol-free options.
From a pre-show sparkling with a share plate, a meal with a fine wine or a mellow late-night drink, we invite you to join us at The Barre.
Whether you choose to pair your culinary experience with the stylish atmosphere of our elegantly modern dining area, or the laidback ambience of our open-air, riverside terrace, you will soon discover why many customers refer to us as the best seafood restaurant in Melbourne CBD.
A fresh seasonal produce driven menu inspires our ever-changing Italian cuisine with plenty of vegetarian and Gluten Free options. The theatre itself remains constant, but the food and the menu are constantly evolving. Why not enjoy the stunning views of the Yarra River whilst indulging in some Chianti & dessert on Southbank Promenade.
- PBParisB1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoExcellent! My boyfriend has a peanut allergy and he could try Pad Thai for the first time in his life (and it was genuinely delicious). Everything was so tasty and the $49pp menu was a generous amount of food for two people. I'd 100% recommend Cha Ching to everyone, especially people with an allergy that want to try new foods!!More infoCha ChingPrice: Expensive• Asian• Melbourne CBD•4.4
- JPJamesPMelbourne •9 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoAnother very enjoyable meal. before going to see Swan Lake. An all round great night.More infoYASSAS The Greek Way - SouthbankPrice: Expensive• Greek• Southbank•4.2
- MMMoyraM1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoThe young staff at Teatro are wonderful . Nothing was too much trouble . We had the half grilled chicken and the pasta with lamb ragu plus a cherry tomato salad . All fresh and delicious. Half the price of Sake next door and a much better experience .More infoTeatro - SouthbankPrice: Expensive• Italian• Southbank•4.1
- NMNMarelj1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoGreat Food and service, went beyond our expectations. Only thing was the pizza was slightly cold when it came out with the hot pasta. Didn’t change the flavour and was still great!More infoDOC Pizza & Mozzarella Bar - SouthbankPrice: Moderate• Italian• Southbank•4.4
- SDSamDMelbourne •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023AMAZING STEAK ,plus the cocktails were so damn good on yesterday's heat. Pricey ,but worth every dollar. And the service was absolutely top notchMore infoThe Breslin Bar & GrillPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Southbank•4.3
The Diner Reviews are in: 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in Australia for 2023
Food is its own love language, but when it’s served in a cosy room or a candlelit booth? Guaranteed fireworks. For those looking for a quintessential Valentine’s Day dining experience, start with the most romantic restaurants across Australia, created by analysing over 350,000 diner reviews.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 22, 2023 there are 14 restaurants in Southbank. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, Seafood, Greek, Contemporary American, Modern Australian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Southbank who deliver with Uber Eats, Deliveroo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Southbank either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- City Oasis Private Room Shared Apartment
- Piper - Beyond a Room
- Julian - Beyond a Room
- Crown Metropol Melbourne
- River - Beyond a Room
- 28 Nights Apartments
- Oaks WRAP on Southbank
- Cityviews - 3 Bedroom Apartment
- Southbank Apartments 28 Southgate
- Platinum Apartments at Freshwater Place
- Indiana - Beyond a Room
- Lena - Beyond a Room
- All Nations Backpackers - Melbourne
- Urban Central Accommodation
- Southbank Apartments Eureka
- Dali - Beyond a Room
- Cityviews - 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, Northbank