Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Lady Mendl's is an unconventionally chic tea salon housed within a Georgian brownstone in the Gramercy Park neighborhood of Manhattan. An opulent five-course tea is served in an eclectic and whimsical parlor by a doting staff. Patrons sip tea from hand culled vintage Wedgwood teacups as they nibble dainty finger sandwiches and house baked scones.
***WE DO NOT OFFER VEGAN OR GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS.
CHILDREN UNDER 12 ARE NOT PERMITTED.***
***Keeping our guests and staff safe is our number one priority.
We are strictly following CDC, OSHA and NYC Health Department guidelines.***
For delivery & takeout, please call us at (212)620-0225 or through Ubereats, Grubhub, ChowBus, and Doordash.
FUTAGO is Japanese style BBQ steakhouse established in Tokyo in 2010. We developed a unique FUTAGO style ; concept, which is selecting the best quality meats and serving it in smaller portions so that more varieties are enjoyed. We operate over 80 locations worldwide, including Hong Kong and New York to spread the Yakiniku culture around the world. There is a 15-minute grace period for your reservation. In order to satisfy as many customers as possible, we would like to keep our dining hours to a 90 min maximum. We also have a strict policy for NO PETS in our facility.
Tarallucci e Vino Union Square is our flagship restaurant. This location is home to our bakery, event spaces, cooking classes and team building workshops. Our restaurant provides an authentic Italian experience in a rustic setting, bringing the ease and casual elegance of Italy’s bars and “caffe's” to New York City. Our housemade pastries, fresh pastas and greenmarket inspired dishes embody our standard of Italian cuisine. Our versatile wine list, featuring family owned wineries in Italy, complement our dishes and create an authentic dining experience. Enjoy outdoor seating, business meetings, romantic dinners, casual gatherings at our daily happy hour and weekend brunches with family and friends at Tarallucci e Vino Union Square. Open for breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner.
With a lifelong dream to share the vibrant flavors of their homeland, three friends from Hong Kong united to open Xu's Public House in Union Square. Guided by a skilled chef who traveled across China, they curated a menu that showcased the essence of Cantonese cuisine, while their elegant glass-ceiling dining room added a touch of enchantment. Xu's Public House became a symbol of Asian dreams fulfilled, delighting guests with an unforgettable culinary experience.
Our cocktails are made with refined and elegant elements, infused with top-shelf liquor of your choice. Come experience the gilded and traditional Xu’s Public House experience.
BARN JOO (Barn - An agricultural building used for storage, Joo – Drinks in Korean) The meaning of Barn Joo in Korean – Accompaniment in Music / Drinks accompanied by your meals. We want to create a warm and welcoming venue to eat, drink.
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAn amazing meal. The Japanese Snapper served sashimi style was miraculous (recommended by our server Corey). So happy we selected this set up. The Alaska Black Cod was equally spectacular with wonderful savory slightly sweet contrast. Corey did a fabulous job and walked us through all fresh fish offerings, sides and pairings. Can’t wait to be back.More infoOceans - New YorkPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Union Square•4.8
- PPerl54New York / Tri-State Area •10 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe food is wonderful. We had delicious humus with bread, fantastic branzino and an absolutely delicious lamb dish. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere has a great vibe. Highly recommend !!!More infoBarbouniaPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Gramercy / Flatiron•4.6
- RGRGCCvipIndiana •12 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Excellent food. Service was average.More infoCasa MonoPrice: Expensive• Spanish• Union Square•4.7
- DJDJKarkidNew York / Tri-State Area •16 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023A wondeful meal served with style. Beautiful hiogh ceilinged interior.More infoBoucherie - Union SquarePrice: Expensive• French• Gramercy / Flatiron•4.4
- MBMichaelBNew York / Tri-State Area •16 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food and service! Plan to be back as soon as possible!More infoMax Brenner - Union SquarePrice: Moderate• Comfort Food• Union Square•4.2
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Discover Union Square
Over the past decade, Union Square has gained popularity for its outdoor farmers market (called greenmarket) and nearby cafes and restaurants. A main connection point for Brooklyn trains, Union Square is also a thriving hub for students and young professionals. Casual lunch spots, hip bars, and outdoor patio dining are all options to checkout in the Union Square area.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 10, 2023 there are 27 restaurants in Union Square (New York City). Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Mexican, Comfort Food, Seafood, Italian, Spanish and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Union Square (New York City) who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Union Square (New York City) either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Stuyvesant Square
- 14th Street Union Square
- GRAMERCY PARK SPACIOUS 1 BR APT
- Augustus Saint Gaudens Playground
- Irving Plaza
- Peters Field
- Third Avenue Canarsie Line
- Two Bedroom Townhouse - East 15th Street
- Union Square Park
- Luxury 2 Bedroom in Gramercy/Union square
- Webster Hall
- Hyatt Union Square New York
- Hotel 17
- Stuyvesant Square Historic District
- W New York - Union Square
- East Village Apartment Share
- Seafarers International House