Beautiful restaurant but unfortunately the $30 mahi mahi was raw in the middle. The waiter did not check back on the food until everyone was done, and at that point it was too late to bother to have it replaced. The waiter and manager were apologetic, but not a good dining experience.
Crème brûlée au lilikoi absolument parfaite. À tester
The ahi special had a delicate sauce. The poke and sashimi were top quality. The outside seating and the view of the bay made the evening special. Would have been triple the price further up the coast.
We had a party of 13 and they gave us a large nice table. Everything was done well. The only negative was there were very few other tables occupied so it was a bit of a downer. Maybe it’s busier on weekends.
There is not enough room here to tell our story but suffice it to say the following:
-food was excellent
- bathrooms were filthy...shockingly so
- the Restaurant was empty and yet service was horrible for the price we were paying
- got served a glass with lipstick marks on it
- waiter got the order wrong
- we had to leave our table and go to the bar to get our drinks as they just sat on the bar, already made but not delivered, for 20 minutes
- waiter told us that they were out of one of the dishes we ordered so he and the chef decided to give us something else...not like “we are out of ribeye so we substituted New York strip” but like “we were out of the pasta so we substituted the fish”. What the heck? Why would you do that?!?!
- waited for him to come by so we could ask for the check...table was cleared, drinks were empty, restaurant still rather empty, and we are just staring at each other waiting for him to reappear for around 20 min.
Such a shame...they have a great breakfast buffet at Honus but as locals we will NOT be returning there for dinner.
My boyfriend and I came here for dinner while staying in Kona for their weekend buffet. It was $50/person and they had a decent amount of options. There were 2 types of sushi, 1 chicken dish, 1 pork dish, 1 fish dish, crab legs and the beef roast. There were also 3 sides and a pasta/salad station. The servers were so nice and quick to help you, the view was also beautiful. Only reason I give it 4 stars is because it was a little pricey in my opinion for the number of options. But all delicious.
Amazing fresh fish buffet on Friday and Saturday. Beautiful ocean front outdoor seating. Romantic. Great service. Friendly staff. Best value in Kona by far.
Our family enjoyed a great buffet dinner here with a lovely view of the ocean. It seems to be a favorite place for local families as there were lots of groups of Hawaiians at the time we were there. The crab legs were delicious and so were the desserts. An excellent selection of foods overall, and a nice pasta bar too. Recommended for anyone!
I would not recommend this restaurant at all it was very disappointing there was no you could display on Ice there were flies crawling across the food the oil for the was disgusting. The pasta was tasteless there was a crowd of people way too far online in front of us and all of the food was empty in the warmers. I will never go back
Not a solo in the place on the busiest week of the year. Ironman world championships! The resturant is horrible interior. There are a few tables outside but inside looks like dennys.