Hannah and the staff did a fabulous job for us on the occasion of our friend’s 70th surprise birthday. The food was delicious, the service fantastic and the table setting beautiful!
The service was poor-- our waiter practically told us he couldn't wait to get out of there. The food had clearly been prepared ahead of time and then left out for a long amount of time before being served to us.
Had reservations for 5:30. Only one other table was seated and it took 30 minutes to get our table ready. We were seated and the server had to be located, but the norm us to order online. I saw no entrees listed online. 20 minutes later the server showed up and read off 4 specials she wrote down on paper, but they did not have a menu. We got up and left. The "restaurant" does not seem equipped for serving dinner. They do have a full bar for drinks though.
I made a reservation online through the website for 10 of us for breakfast. Upon arrival the hostess informed us that they do not take breakfast reservations to which I informed her was news to me since I had made one successfully.
After we sat:
· There was no coffee
· There was no orange juice
· There was no hot water for tea
· There were no water glasses
· We couldn’t get the online app to work to order our buffets and we asked the waitress (when she could stop running around like a complete lunatic long enough after exclaiming how she has not had to wait tables in 20 years) how we needed to work plates since the days prior you had to wait for them to bring you one. She pointed to the buffet in exasperation and said that the “plates are right there” like we were complete idiots (Ummmm.. sorry but we are not psychic and nothing was working like it usually did on other days process-wise so we figured we had better ask) . Of course there were a total of four plates for 10 people so we were still out of luck.
· When my husband tried to make toast the toaster would continuously shut off ..
· When four of us tried to get omelets and waffles the station kept losing power and they could not cook them
· Finally after 20 minutes of head scratching and chaos between the kitchen staff, servers and line of guests trying to wait for eggs and waffles, it was my husband that pointed out to them the direct correlation of the toaster which, when depressed, would blow the electrical circuit to the entire buffet thereby turning off the burners for the eggs and waffles. They never did anything about it but unplug the toaster and toss it into the window so of course, nothing could be toasted and who wants to eat raw bread or a raw bagel?? Additionally, our friends all gave up on omelets and waffles and just ate scrambled eggs out of time constraint and frustration since it had already been 40 minutes of chaos since we had arrived.
Amazing time. The staff was awesome, and we really enjoyed the food.
Food was just so-so for the Christmas Eve Buffet. It was mostly a self serve situation. Poor value for cost. Too bad really as the location was excellent and we would have eaten here more if the food was better.
I wish I could leave zero stars. The service was the worst I have ever encountered anywhere! Food was mediocre and pedestrian. I recommend this establishment be avoided at all cost!
When we arrived we were told that they do not accept reservations and had no knowledge of the one we had made. As the restaurant was basically empty there was no problem being seated. Menu was small, food okay at best. Tip was added to cost of meal and then tax added which included the tip charge. We were not happy with this place.
I was so dissapointed when I showed up to find that the restaurant was closed. I showed up for my reservation and come to find out the restaurant was closed for an event. Which was fine except I felt that they should have notified me in some way.
Food was average at best. the service was lagging and very little attention to detail. We will not be going back.
When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that a because of a surprise health inspection the kitchen was closed. About a year ago while staying at the adjacent hotel, we tried eat there and were told something in the kitchen was broken so they were serving a very limited menu of five items. We learned our lesson; we won't plan to eat there again.
The hostess seemed amused that we bothered to make a reservation. The restaurant certainly lacked in ambiance and the service was slow. The kicker was when the bill arrived, with an 18 percent "service charge" added to the meal- for two persons. Now, I always tip, but I don't like that decision made for me and there is no incentive for the staff to earn the tip.
I was never told a "service charge" would be added to the meal, before the order was made. The food was okay but not worth what we paid for it.
When we were seated, I asked for a Wine List, The waitress said,"we don't have a wine list"
these are the wines we are serving tonight. I then asked the manager if they still had Wente by the bottle he said no. I thought he would have said would you like to see a wine list? Which I did find out later they had one. It was noisey and I thought that for Valentines Day it should have been in the nice back room dining room? I would love more then anything to recommend the restaurant, but it is still very inconsistant. The lunch is great with great service, I don't know what the problem is for dinner? When we arrived I wanted to confirm that dinner was $75.00 for two, like stated in the paper. four course meal for two, for $75.00. They said that was a mistake. They did honor the newspaper price, if they hadn't we would have left. Two of my guests, one a chef and the other a past server and bartendar and couldn't believe the lack of communication. I love the location and the fact that Elevation is the only full service, ski in ski out facility on the mountain. It should be a four or five start hotel!!
We would not recommend this restaurant as it was super empty, the kitchen did not have many items on the menu available (curiously the most appealing items were not available), and what we did get because we figured they couldn't mess it up (nachos) had something that tasted like bleach on them. It's too bad that Mt Crested Butte doesn't have a very good dining scene, but I guess they can't compete with the Town of CB's dining options. But part of the reason they can't compete is that at least this option is a very weak option.
Excellent food for slopeside dining.