Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar
207 North Presa Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zincwine.com/
- Phone: (210) 224-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Manny Elizondo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Zinc offers private dining in our wine cellar. A staircase from the street-level semi-private reception room leads to the wine cellar. Wine crates and barrels, wine tasting tables, ceiling-to-floor wine racks housing over 7,000 bottles of wine, and a beamed-ceiling with grapevine and twinkle lighting accent this room. From VIP board of director's dinners to rehearsal dinners to vintner-style dinners, this one-of-a-kind venue is the perfect setting for a memorable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Boone 210-224-1313
A word from Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar
Our chefs have painstakingly created a menu of wine-friendly fare consisting of old world hors d'oeuvres and regionally inspired tapas. From baked Texas goat cheese with kalamata olives to fresh chocolate covered strawberries, the menu caters to the diversity of the food enthusiasts. Charles Court, at the rear of Zinc, is a truly serene gathering place for a rare outdoor experience. The private, spacious courtyard makes for a quiet sanctuary from the clatter of downtown city streets and the Riverwalk.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (19)special occasion (18)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- think zincdiningfineDined on 11/9/2014A wonderful place to go. The food was great. I had the portabella melt. Delicious! Reasonably priced for a downtown restaurant. Nice seating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outinSAVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very good quality for the price. Friendly and open allows for an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- It's OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I found this place to be pretty nice, interesting and cozy. The meal was very flavorful but seemed a bit luke warm at best. Definitely wish it was served hot, maybe on hot plates even. For such an "intimate" setting we were a bit disappointed with the paper cover on the tables. This definitely took away from any classiness or chicness that decor was trying to achieve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedlaughingbuddhaDined on 10/27/2014Horrible food, horrible wine list and horrible service!
- Eclectic, Cool, ChicGirlsnightoutDined on 10/24/2014This was my second visit and it topped the first (which was great as well). The salmon salad is extraordinary! For two friends that eat super healthy it was a huge hit! The service was top notch and I am a restaurant owner, so that is saying a lot! Love the ambiance, and the style! Our waitress had great wine knowledge and amazing suggestions! Very informative and fun! It made girls weekend perfect! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nvr2FullDined on 10/24/2014Was a great place to dine and the food was awesome !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great priceLAS212Dined on 10/17/2014We really enjoy the food and drinks served at Zinc. The prices are very reasonable and the food is delicious. Their mojitos are one of the best I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/12/2014After hearing great things, especially being a sister restaurant to Boudros, we expected more. The guacamole was overly acidic, with too much lemon and lime, the chips were very generic and one of the featured beverages "was not frozen" and not available. The shrimp po'boy was not served hot. The shrimp were greasy and not crisp. $1.50 was ridiculous for a basket of basically crackers. Although our server was amazing, the food did not live up to the hype. We should have gone to Boudros.
- Pay attention to your seated guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2014I would have loved to have rated this higher but............ We were seated immediately but after 10 minutes with no contact from anyone - no waiter, no busperson, not even a glance to acknowledge us, I had to get up and go back out to the bar to track down the hostess. Apparently a large party had arrived in the bar area and all attention was taken from the seated clients. Our waiter did finally come over to our table and apologized but it was clear that he had too many tables to handle. I can't fault the waiter as he was trying. Drinks and food (once our order was finally taken -almost 30 minutes after being seated) were very good. When we are back in the city, we may give it a 2nd chance.Special Features:
- First-timers / good experienceWhoIsTheRockmanDined on 10/10/2014Friendly staff, good food, quick service, but loud inside due to the acoustics (all hard surfaces). Nice selection of cocktails, but stay away from the coffee drinks post-dinner (not worth it, as we had very unremarkable Irish Coffees). The table-side guacamole is a good starter, though our server did go overboard with the lime, and not enough heat for my liking. All in all, a recommended restaurant that's away from the usual Riverwalk tourist traps. Solid 4 stars.Special Features:
- 2nd time was not as goodMskaiDined on 10/8/2014What a difference a day makes! My first visit was so enjoyable... the service was great and all that I decided to come again the next day. What a disappointment! From the service to the food! Even my Cosmo was different. HmmmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & good serviceEnjoyDined on 10/4/2014Birthday dinner out of town and was looking for a nice, affordable place to dine. Zincs was close to the hotel, had a great wine list and a lamb dish that was excellent. Guacamole appetizer made at the table was wonderful. Macaroni and cheese dish was smooth and delicious. Service, while enjoyable and professional, was slow. Waiters supported each other, but even with that, food was coming out slow. I recommend Zinc, but be prepared to have a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Overall, a good place.rhodesDined on 10/4/2014Food was good. Service was a bit frazzled and missing. Loved sitting outside on a beautiful day. Prices are moderate to expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014delicious food, great service, love the courtyard! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surprise!mightymouseDined on 10/1/2014I can't think of anything even remotely suboptimal about this place. We went there for lunch on a Friday, and the food, ambiance and service were all excellent. The portions on the lunch specials were just right for us, but I imagine they might be a little meager for bigger eaters. The 3/4 lb burger with bacon and cheese should be enough for any football player, though. We will absolutely go back next time we're in San Antonio, which is saying a lot since there are so many other wonderful restaurants to explore there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zinc BixtroKathyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Sat outside in a beautiful space. Food was delicious and the waitress was wonderful and helpful.Special Features:
- ZincKeeKeepmrDined on 9/14/2014Had a wonderful evening on the patio. Great bottle of wine, Zinc salads, Sausage pizza and bread pudding and Pumpkin creme brûlée that was the best! Always enjoy eating here out on the patio and we got to see the wine cellar this time! That was very cool! Great service and food, so we will be back next time in San Antonio! Waitstaff are always friendly!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!BeckyDined on 9/6/2014The food is out of this world. However, we got stuck in a totally different building where it was obviously "date night" and a little uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Cozy with Good FoodbigbadbedDined on 9/6/2014Not a "monster" restaurant, with a pleasing atmosphere & ambiance. Prices were surprising reasonable & the food was very good. Loved the crab cakes...& the great Prickly Pear Margarita. Most definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Never disappoints, kind ofEmiratesHornDined on 8/25/2014I love Zinc and go often. Wine list is impressive, and they carry my brand of scotch. The food is generally outstanding. The table-side guacamole is fantastic, and the grilled shrimp is as well. Others in my party have been very impressed with the crab cakes. However, on my last visit, I tried the fish and chips, and it was well below par.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The Mac and cheese was out of this world! The prickly pear was pretty good too - as the signature drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for solo diningBMMBMMVIPDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed my solo visit to Zinc while attending a function downtown. Excellent food at very reasonable prices combined with very friendly staff. Good location, too.Special Features:
- Great wine list; reasonable pricesKathleenDined on 8/10/2014Great wine list with a range of prices and options. Our waiter was pleasant, but not terribly knowledgable about the wine list. My husband had the lamb and I had the short rib sandwich. Both good choices at surprisingly reasonable prices for the quality of the food, but we both loved the rib sandwich best. It was truly "melt in your mouth"! We ate outside, but inside options include a bar area with tables and a separate quiet dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- variety & flavorenjoyamealVIPDined on 8/9/2014From steak frites to grilled shrimp, pizza or a lamb burger, zinc serves up well. We grazed on the truffle fries (wow) while watching our server prepare our table side guacamole. I had a pasta with mushrooms and chicken in pesto sauce as my entree - delicious! I love Zinc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014I love this place, great wine, although the waiter we had this time didnt seem to knowledgeable and at one point brought us the wrong glass. Margherita pizza is phenomenal as is the cheese plate. Nice European style dining, outdoors and slow and simple. Food is well priced but wines can be pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Food & ServiceSueDDined on 7/31/2014Zinc is one of my downtown favs, whether just for after work drinks or pre-show dinner. Last Thursday (7-31) I took a friend how had never been to Zinc before and she fell in love with it. We had an early dinner, following which we were attending the inaugural YOSA event at the Tobin Center. What a fine start for the evening. The food is outstanding, the service impeccable, they do not mind people sharing plates (some restaurants still look slightly askance at a request). My friend was so impressed, she is going to recommend Zinc to other friends.Special Features:
- The following 301 reviews are from the Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Customer service and foodHockeyDined on 7/23/2014Our waiter was attentive and charming, everyone was exceptionally friendly. The food was a great surprise. Fresh with fresh flavor, spicy sauces, fresh cheese. Reasonably priced too. I highly recommend the chicken Caesar salad. Blackened chicken was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Friends, what a treat!WelovefoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014Wow, what a great place off the River Walk. The tableside guacamole was awesome! Everyone enjoyed their entre' and the service was very good. Combined with a reasonably priced wine list, what's not to like. Would definitely dine here again when visiting San Antonio.Special Features:
- Good place downtownrtpivVIPDined on 7/9/2014Zinc is a couple blocks off the RiverWalk and seemed to be frequented by local people at lunch. It was a nice alternative to the touristy places in the area. The menu offered a good selection and the food was well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rofoDined on 7/5/2014Waiting could be better. Waiting was good, but the restaurant atmosphere dictates it should of been better. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We were surprised at how affordable it was considering how much and how good the food was we were served. Wasn't busy, but we were dining while the July 4th fireworks were going off. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014I went to Zinc the first time about 2 years ago. I came because of a write up in the local paper that claimed Zinc was one of the top 10 destinations in the city of San Antonio for the best burger. I went and they where right. I have come back frequently for the burger. I expanded to eating dinner on various occasions, using it as a downtown location to enjoy a unique meal and drinks with friends for an evening out. My last two visits have been disappointing. The quality of the food has slipped as has the service. It is still a great place to eat (lunch or supper), but if my 3rd visit also represents a decline from my expectations I will be crossing Zinc of my list.Special Features:
- NiceLunchMarkandMaryJoDined on 6/25/2014Good wine list. Very good food. Don't miss the Texas Chopped salad - wow! The lamb burger with fig jam and brie was amazing.Special Features:
- sweet16Dined on 5/18/2014We had dinner on the sheltered patio which was perfect since it was a windy day in San Antonio. Out of the 4 of us, 3 had the Zinc burger and said it was one of the best they have had...especially their spicy "secret" sauce. I had the blue crab cakes and can truly say they were the best I had ever had. I would definitely dine there again and recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent burgersSAFoodieVIPDined on 4/30/2014We came to Zinc because of Tanji Patton'a write up on the burgers. Both the beef and lamb burgers were excellent! The bun on the beef burger was a little thick - but overall - the beef burger was tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/26/2014Dissapointing - they call themselves a wine bar, yet the white wine we ordered was to chilled so they attempted to do a quick chill and wine got too warm very quickly. Then we ordered the Pinot and it too was way to warm. A wine bar should have a temperature controlled area for their wines. Food was basic.
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014I love Zinc! Every time I go I am never disappointed. Such a great atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- This is a wine bar?AnnieBVIPDined on 4/12/2014When you dine at a wine bar a minimum expectation is that the staff be able to recommend a wine to go with a particular dish. At Zinc this didn't happen. Our server had no clue what to recommend. The appetizer we ordered was okay but nothing special. We left after the appetizer and went to another place for entrees.
- Nice find in San Antonio!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We took a chance on Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar and had a great experience. Near River Walk in downtown San Antonio the food was better than expected, the waiter was great and the wine list was solid! We had an overall great dinner with great drinks at a fair price. Very nice find in San Antonio!! I recommend as a solid choice!! 4 overall stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GuacamoleGoodEatsVIPDined on 3/30/2014Great Food, Great Wines, Great Service, Very reasonable ! The tableside made guacamole is a must try ! Ask about the specials, they change daily.Special Features: