680 Mall Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zealforfood.com/
- Phone: 8479950188x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11 am-12am
Saturday 4pm - 1:00 am
Live Music Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Chef Vince Pecora
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ZEAL can cater your event from 10 to 10,000. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events. Call for 847-995-0188 for details.
- Entertainment: The bar/lounge hosts live entertainment on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Music ranges from easy listening to pop, and there is a cozy little dance floor for those who want to dance the night away.
A word from Zeal
Zeal is a new restaurant in the Woodfield-Schaumburg area that serves great mix of Italian, Steaks, Chops, Tapas, and Seafood. Everything is Homemade, all from the finest and freshest ingredients. Experience Chef Vince and his unique take on food. Chef Vince Pecora has been serving great food since 1990. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events, and even the President of the United States and Air Force One. The bar/lounge area serves fantastic drinks including specialty martinis and hosts live entertainment several nights a week. There is also a cozy dance floor for those who want to dance the night away. The personal touch of a family-owned restaurant and over 50 years of experience in the restaurant business is what makes Zeal unique to the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Zeal reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (42)vibrant bar scene (42)romantic (27)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food fun atmosphere the stuffed melrose peppers were soo good and we have been here many times never had a problem the entrees are amazing Love it here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014I had zuppa di mare. OMG! It was the best! Tender calamari, not tough rings. Wonderful fresh seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Fun and interesting menu. The gnocchi and pork wing appetizers are amazing. Don't miss the sea salt caramel gelato with the popcorn mix in for dessert. Tables are close together and the restaurant was loud and lively.I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious italian, great servicecarolineDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious with options for whatever kind of Italian you're craving. My husband and I ate here two nights while staying in Schaumburg and tried chicken parm (big serving, great sauce), Zuppa D'Mari (great shell fish and seafood, I ignored the linguini), lollipop lamb chops (small serving, perfectly cooked), porcini bags arribiata (large serving, comfort food). We also had sea salt caramel gelato and a cannoli and enjoyed both desserts. Service was very friendly and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Zeal is outstanding!jecamiDined on 9/12/2014I can't say enough about Zeal! From the moment we walked in until we left, the staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The owner, Vince, came to our table and reviewed the specials with us. I know there are many Italian restaurants in the Chicagoland area, but Zeal seems to be a step ahead with its menu; many combinations of pizza, meatballs served on polenta, fresh seafood dishes. The food was outstanding and the portions were generous. I haven't been around Woodfield in a while, but this is certainly worth the trip.Special Features:
- Hidden Authentic Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Zeal had great authentic Italian food and great service. It is definitely a very loud atmosphere though but that's part of what I liked about it, made me feel like a typical Sunday dinner in an Italian family.Special Features:
- ZEAL is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Zeal is a new restaurant for our family. Now that we have found it, we have eaten here on numerous occasions. Everybody leaves full and satisfied. Don't forget your leftovers! The staff is welcoming and always ready to make outstanding recommendations. The specials are always appealing but I prefer my go to dishes. Try the short ribs and lamb chops, both outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Food--Great SaladsBarbaraVIPDined on 9/6/2014Typical American/Italian food. Lots and lots of food. We took friends out to dinner to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary.The food was good. The salads are huge, four of us split two half orders. The salads were very fresh and excellent. My lamb shank was excellent, the skirt steak a little too chewy, the beef was prepared correctly (the second time---wrong order went to the wrong table). We had to wait for the correct order to be prepared. We had no room for dessert which was OK because the noise level was so high that we couldn't hear what was being served. We sat next to a large table of friends that got together for a celebration. They had a great time but our table could not really visit because of the noise.Special Features:
- Excellent MealluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014There were 4 of us in our party, it was our first time there and we all ordered very different items from the menu. My husband was initially concerned about the broad menu and whether they could do a good job. Our meals were excellent and the waitress was very attentive (and they were busy, it was a Saturday night). We all declared we will return!Special Features:
- Delightful nightRayCVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our server was attentive and actually got everything right about our orders. The food was plentiful. Braciole was very good. I had the lingiuni and meatballs. I couldn't eat it all. It was very good. My girlfriend had a small salad and it was also plentiful and flavorful. The staff is very friendly here and the food was above average in taste. Make sure you are hungry when you go there as you get a lot of food. Even the small plate of Braciole was a lot of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with live entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This place has great food, tasty pizza, pastas, sandwiches & deserts. If you're looking for an inexpensive place with good food this is it. Chef Pecora has been doing this years, & knows how to kept his customers happy. This is one of the best restaurants in Schaumburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!ColleneDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the service spectacular! From the cheesy beef egg rolls to the prime rib lasagne, pure perfection! My son loved the battered, deep fried Oreos!! I highly recommend Zeal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurantem11w273n2480Dined on 8/22/2014They didn't have items that were listed on the menu but did have items that were not listed. We had 2 different waitresses waiting on our table, each one didn't know what the other one had taken care of so had to ask us each time they came by if the other had helped us. The bathroom stuffed up while we were there so we had to wait over an hour to use the bathrooms. The food we good, but the restaurant appeared disorganized. They had a band which played too loud for dinner time. This place is better for the late night crowd. I would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Inside sales repSHERRIDined on 8/21/2014This establishment is 2 mi from my work, have met friends, co worksers, there. Never disappointed! Service and flavors outstanding . And great variation of price points.Special Features:
- A Must see & do...KennethVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to dinner after the track. Menu is outstanding. I ordered the Double Stuff Prime Rib Lasagna.. Are you kidding me!!!! That was the BEST meal I've ever had. Bar scene is fun and the people are great to talk and mingle with. Of course we'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJLSVDined on 8/15/2014We went to Zeal for the first time with out of town guests. Chancing it, I know, but we all absolutely loved it! The food was terrific and the wait staff was fabulous - very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed. Will definitely be going back and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Identity confusedKiltedHopBrewingDined on 8/15/2014From outside appearances, Zeal looks like a nice restaurant but once inside, they are confused. The dining room, while trying to be upscale, is filled with TV screens showing sports. The atmosphere is noisy. The decor is quirky with quotes written on walls and the light-up menus. The menu is gourmet Italian but then the appetizer list has a giant hot prezel on it (bar food). The wine list is confused with wines listed as light body, medium, and full but these are really price categories as some of the actual wines belong in different categories. Two meals at our table were sent back twice "botched" and the chef finally came out with replacement meals to take home. The other meals were mediocre. Overall, a disappointing dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a very good meal with each one of the four in our group ordered something different. The salads are huge so split one salad with four is more than enough. Server was fun and attentive. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- local gemSandim25VIPDined on 8/12/2014Chef Vince provides a varied menu with choices for everyone's taste. The dipping oil and balsamic is delicious. We've been several times with friends, and no one has been disappointed. Can't wait for the patio to open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KarinBDined on 8/11/2014This family owned restaurant is a keeper! The menu choices are excellent, the food is fresh and tasty, and the service is friendly.Special Features:
- Love the light-up menus!austinitesDined on 8/11/2014Overall the food was very good. The bread and olive oil/balsamic is delicious. I would say it was too noisy and tables squished together too tightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenVIPDined on 8/11/2014We've been to Zeals many times and enjoy being there every time.
- RoyWDined on 8/9/2014We will be back soon. My wife had Spaghetti and meat balls and said the meat balls were some of the best she has ever had. I had the chicken parm and was also very good. server was friendy and attentive,Special Features:
- Great food. Ok service. Very loud.SteveSkoDinesDined on 8/8/2014Because the dining room is a bit small, the room is very noisy. The food is great and we will be back. The specials are delicious and decently priced. My girlfriend and I are a tad bit picky and Zeal accommodated all out wishes no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZealAshZDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant ambiance was good, we went on a Friday night and there was live music that we enjoyed. Food was overpriced for the quality. We ordered chicken primavera (the special for that night) and the chicken was a processed patti as opposed to an actual chicken breast. The dish was $22 and I would not pay more then $7 for the quality of it. Other dishes tried included the shrimp ceviche (tasted too fishy to even eat once it came out) and the braised short ribs (very bland. I had to add a Ton of salt and pepper and I HATE having to do this). Our waitress could have used wine knowledge. It was clear she had no idea what we were ordering or what would compliment out dishes. We might go back just to visit the parlor and hear the live music.Special Features:
- KarenVIPDined on 8/6/2014Linda is a very good attentive server. We have been here many times and have great experiences each time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!sweenseatsDined on 8/5/2014Had a girls night out and food and wine was delicious. We had a great time and Chef Vince could not have been nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreDinr42Dined on 8/5/2014Was excited to try out Zeal, but really expected a better outcome. The decor is bland. Wasn't sure why they had tv's strategically placed throughout restaurant as not a sports bar or pub. Menu was diverse. Wine selection was adequate. Nothing really stood out - just ok. The acoustics are poor, esp as more people come into restaurant so can become difficult to have conversation. I would say worth a try, at least once.Special Features:
- Food,service reviewlouev123Dined on 8/2/2014We ordered five different dishes, braciole, grouper francaise, chicken parm, baked ziti, and stuffed meatball. All dishes were good except the braciole, it had a sweet taste which was not suited to our taste. The baked ziti could have used more ricotto cheese. The waitress Mary was a delight and it was nice to meet the owner. It is very important for someone to check the dishes before they leave the kitchen. I will go back to Zeals for I feel there were a lot of positives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaJamaicajoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Don't forget zeal for their pizza! Nice thin crust- split a sals and you've got a good dinner. Wine is on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luncheon @ ZealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great for business lunch. Ample portions, great salads and desserts to share. Enough to take some home. will returnSpecial Features:
- ehthorDined on 7/26/2014Every blue hair in the western suburbs must have been there. ..no one under 50. No cocktail menu. About 7 wines on the wine list. 4 beer taps. Service was deathly slow and the waitress was obviously overwhelmed by her job. Food was better than expected, especially considering the tacky decor. Overpriced for what you get. I think all of the excellent reviews must be a reflection of the clientele's low expectations and not the actual restaurant.
- New addition to the Favorites ListAngelaTVIPDined on 7/25/2014Liked it so much, I brought my family the next day, and they all LOVED it. Not an easy crowd to please, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great frest FoodDiKTVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have loved the last few times we visited Zeal and it is now one of our favorite restaurants. The one distraction was the Colossal Pretzel which was not fresh but the cheese sauce was good if you like cheese fondue. That is how I considered the dish was a cheese fondue. I will be back to try their outside seating and different appetizers.Special Features:
- Yummy & Don't Skip Dessert!!!!eatitupDined on 7/19/2014We went to Zeal on a recommendation from a client. Heard great things about the service and food. We were not disappointed! The service was great the food was outstanding. But then we got to dessert and we were blown away by the Choc Chip Gelato with Carmel Corn and Salted Carmel. Chef Vince came to our table an the onset and pointed out the most wonderful things. Downside it was hard to choose what to try we wanted it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very loudalr3Dined on 7/15/2014The staff is very friendly, the food was good, but I wish I'd tried something other than the Braciole, which was not pounded as thinly as I'm used to. The lobster options were intriguing; next time. It seems as though they're still in the throes of remodeling; it would be very good if they figure out a way to put some sound-dampening on the walls.
- Excellent food, great chef.Service?Paul820Dined on 7/12/2014Once you get over an overly crowded dining room, and slow service, the food is terrific. The tables were very close to each other, even the servers had a hard time getting from table to table, thus leading to slow service. Saving grace was that Chef Vince walked the dining room and was genuinely concerned with everyone's dining experience. His recommendations were spot on, and his favorite dessert was simply decadent!! If they could find a way to reduce the noise level at dinner, this would be a must stop among all the restaurant choices in Schaumburg. As it is, we would not hesitate to recommend Zeal to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're hereSandim25VIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been twice and have brought 4 other couples all together. Everyone has enjoyed the food (and Linda's service) and plan to return. Chef-owned local places are our favorites. Welcome to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Cool MenusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014This is a solid restaurant overall. The ambiance is a little nicer than a sports bar, the service is fast and friendly for the most part and the food is well-prepared. The new light-up menus are cool and are much easier to read.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gelatoAnonymousVIPDined on 7/2/2014Salted Carmel gelato was AWESOME! Everything else was pretty mediocre.