Wit & Wisdom
200 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Wit & Wisdom
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.witandwisdombaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4102231456x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am (Mon-Fri), 7:00am - 9:00am (Sat-Sun)
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Brunch Buffet: 9:00am - 2:00pm (Sat-Sun)
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (Sun-Thurs), 5:30pm-10:30pm (Fri-Sat)
Bar open daily from 11:30am-12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zachary Mills
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant's Events & Sales Manager, Shannon Toback, for any catering assistance. Shannon can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 410.223.1464.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Wine Night: Every Sunday in the dining room from 5:30 PM - 10 PM all full bottle purchases are half price! Explore our list of American wines with European accents.
- Cross Street: President Street
- Public Transit: The Charm City Circulator has a stop directly outside of the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. The bus is complimentary and has stops throughout the Inner Harbor and beyond.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Validated valet parking is available through the hotel, self parking is also available in the parking garage below the hotel. There is also limited open air parking around the entire Harbor East and Little Italy neighborhoods.
A word from Wit & Wisdom
Wit & Wisdom, by Michael Mina offers a modern American tavern menu of comfort food classics with Eastern seaboard influences. In addition to a spectacular view of the waterfront, guests at Wit & Wisdom will dine in full view of the kitchen's live-fire grill and rotisserie while enjoying classic handcrafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wit & Wisdom - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Wit & Wisdom reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)fit for foodies (92)special occasion (90)vibrant bar scene (68)great for outdoor dining (58)romantic (56)hot spot (56)notable wine list (54)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (22)late-night find (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Brunch at Wit and WisdomtrgoldyDined on 10/19/2014This is an extremely pricey brunch; however well worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion. The choices are fantastic and quite different. The pancake is hands down the BEST pancake I've ever had.Special Features:
- Good food, sub-par serviceF00disG00dDined on 10/18/2014The food was decent and the service ok. But what was really great was the overall feel of the restaraunt. Great view and very classy, but still energetic. Thats why I'll be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nose in the airtag8Dined on 10/18/2014Upon arriving early to our reservation around 8:15 for an 8:30 reservation, we were told quite rudely that we would be seated closer to our reservation time. We were not invited in, as the hostess looked back down. We stood at the bar for about 15 minutes without one bartender looking up and passing us by after various attempts to get one's attention. At 8:30, we tried to get seated and were told it would be another 15-20 minutes at least. I understand it is not the fault of the hostess about our seating times, but after being rudely spoken to before and after what seemed like we were invisible to the other employees, we ended up leaving & going to celebrate my boyfriends birthday at another restaurant in the area that was happy to have us.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Attended the restaurant for dinner. Was seated 5 minutes after reservation. Hostess, sommelier, waiter, chefs, and waiters were all very friendly and hospitable. Food was delicious. Prime skirt steak was seasoned perfectly. The different flavors within each entree complimented each other wonderfully. The Baltimore dessert Bar was delicious. Craft cocktails were excellent. Definitely would eat there again. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!!Special Features:
- Great bar but don't stay for dinnerYoungatheartDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed going to Wit and Wisdom for our anniversary. We enjoyed the bar scene, but we did not enjoy our table. We were very late being seated (8:15 for our 7:30 reservation), sat at a table sandwiched between two other tables for two where we ended up talking to the other couples because we were so close to them. We also were not thrilled with the menu and the prices are ridiculous. We decided we probably would not return for dinner but we will stop there before a dinner reservation and enjoy a drink and a plate of oysters!Special Features:
- Delicious Entres; ok Service & Appsbr0scDined on 10/18/2014The experience fell a little short of my expectations. The service was just ok, the appetizers were just ok. The entrees were delicious, but feel I would have enjoyed one of the specials. I found out that there were specials when I heard them read to the table beside us; after we ordered.Special Features:
- Good Food and great viewBWDoverDined on 10/16/2014Throw in attentive service and a nice wine list and you have a nice package. The attached lounge had some loud music so the noise was a little mor than i would have liked but otherwise no complaints. If you are in the Harbor East area of Baltimore it is worth a visit.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysCharmCitySarahVIPDined on 10/15/2014Wit & Wisdom never disappoints. I have dined here on several occasions and, each time, the food is spectacular. This particular evening, we were celebrating my dining companion's birthday, and the only less-than-great aspect of our evening was that there was an event in the bar area for Baltimore Style magazine. As a result, there was loud, club-type music thumping away for most of our meal. Other than that, we had a fantastic evening. The staff is very knowledgeable and passionate, and I always feel that, though I spend a decent amount to eat there, it is well worth every penny!Special Features:
- Wise ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014What a gem -- competing with and surpassing many of Harbor East's top spots for creative, flavorful courses that just amaze the palate! It's refreshing to go to a fun place with friendly, upbeat servers and an exceptionally knowledgeable and totally unstuffy sommelier! We began with Michael's Ahi Tuna Tartare which is mixed tableside and so fresh that it squeaks! The crab salad that was a specialty for the evening and our entrees were the Red Snapper and Golden Tilefish - both served with Kushari, marinated cherry tomatoes and Michael's black pomodoro sauce....the meringue on the lemon desert is totally unexplainable and exquisite. Michael Mina's innovative menu leaves you wanting to come back and sample every dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, options not as muchDisappointedVIPDined on 10/11/2014Living in the area walked down to celebrate our wedding anniversary for casual yet high end fare. At 8:30 pm on a Saturday we were surprised to find that our number one selections from both the appetizers/starters and entrees were both sold out, all this after the head sommelier recommended the entree strongly. Otherwise the food we did order was ok. We should say that the sommelier was very pleasant and did upgrade our wine by the glass selection when they no longer carried the first wine we ordered. I was generally surprised at the lack of inventory for what we considered an elite hotel dining room with a well regarded head chef. Otherwise the ambiance and the table service were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!LoveToEatOutDined on 10/11/2014Wit & Wisdom was truly outstanding. The service was excellent, hardly any wait for a table. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was superb! Every item was served exactly as described and tasted great. The view of the water was the extra cherry on top. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KVPRKVPRDined on 10/10/2014I was in Baltimore for business and decided to make a reservation at Wit & Wisdom for dinner. Have to say that the food and service were both amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant not only for the quality of the food but also for the incredible service.Special Features:
- AwesomebarbarapioVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great location......fantastic food. Truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kirk DTallFoodieDined on 10/10/2014The food was pretty good but the view of the water were AMAZING. A great place for a night on the town with someone special or for a first date.Special Features:
- InvitingSavviLiciousDined on 10/8/2014Our dining experience was delightful. It was the first visit for my guest. My guests were extremely pleased with the attention by staff and the personal attention. Ambience was stellar.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014This place was absolutely awesome! The best restaurant I've ever been to in Baltimore. Great steak! Great Seafood! Great apps. Great decor/atmosphere. I will go back EVERY time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:
- shorebrealDined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch as the Four Seasons "Wit and Wisdom" was amazing!!! We are going again, and again and again, etc.Special Features:
- Poor Service, No RecommendationFallstonDined on 10/5/2014Worst service we've had at any Four Seasons restaurant. My dining partner ordered cappuccino and received a cup of latte. New order placed- this time instead of skim milk, they used soy milk and she couldn't drink it. The table next to us ordered iced coffee and got hot coffee. I ordered water. They brought water for my friend, but not for me. Items on the buffet were continually empty. Water glasses never refilled. Plates not cleared from the table until we asked. Dined in the restaurant but were charged for room service on our tab. It took 20 minutes to get a corrected bill and my credit card has been charged for the incorrect amount. I asked the server how a $49 breakfast could cost $59 and she said it must be tax. Really?
- It was OK, wouldn't go backSundayDinnerDateDined on 10/4/2014I went to Wit and Wisdom with my date. I heard from a friend of mine that this place was good for date night. I made a reservation for 2 at 830PM but when I got there the table was not ready. We had to wait for a table for 20 min. The ambiance was good and the service was very good also. We ordered two glasses of wine and had bone marrow for appetizer. Wine was great but the bone marrow was too greasy and it was not cooked all the way through. For the main course, I had the albacore tuna and my date had sunburst trout. The tuna tasted a bland and felt like I should have had it as a sushi. I tried my date's trout and that was much better. I think she enjoyed her dish better than mine. Overall, I was good fine but I would not go back.Special Features:
- 7th Wedding Anniversary celebrationBondsman1983Dined on 10/3/2014The food was great. Donnie and the team of staff were on the same page.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Disappointing. No longer have their terrific a la cart brunch menu. Just a buffet. I won't go back. Great, thoughtful waitress had kitchen make us omlets.Special Features:
- bettyjoDined on 9/27/2014One of the best dining experiences in my 35 years in Baltimore, with one drawback. Outstanding food and wine; excellent and considerate service (surprise individual and yummy birthday cakes came with candles after I off-handedly remarked that two people were celebrating, plus a non-dairy dessert for one of our party). Spectacular sunset view, comfortable and attractive interior. But the music was way too loud and didn't match the ambiance ("Born to Be Wild," etc.). Granted, it was a Saturday night, but we were in the dining room, not at the bar, and it was still hard to hear each other talk. But that's easy enough for Wit & Wisdom to remedy, so I would highly recommend the restaurant for all the other things they got so right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceswandDined on 9/23/2014Chose this spot for a birthday dinner for my husband and I. First time diners and we will ABSOLUTELY be back. Had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not for BrunchEatalotDined on 9/21/2014I had heard great thing. We had a fantastic dinner elsewhere Saturday night but thought we would try Wit and Wisdom for Sunday brunch. Baltimore has great brunch options and Wit isn't one of them. The space is nice and the service was adequate but the buffet would have been overpriced at $30 let alone the $50 charged. It was geared toward hotel guest with no imagination or pizzaz. Bloody Mary was quality. I suspect they are better suited to dinner.
- Bad Timing?IrisVIPDined on 9/20/2014Not sure if it was because there was a wedding happening at the same time but the staff and restaurant were not equipped to do both at the same time. No one asked if we ever wanted drinks or checked to see if we were doing okay. It took an 1 hour and 15 min to get our main course after appetizers and the food came out cold. I watched my dad's burger sit in the kitchen for 20 minutes before it was served to us. All in all it was a bad experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceCJOMDined on 9/20/2014Been twice and loved it both. The service from the moment you arrive is the best in Baltimore. Amazing special touch of hand written birthday and anniversary card signed by staff on table when seated for those in the party celebrating, very classy. Sommelier was exceptional and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dining at W and WMrAccomodatingDined on 9/18/2014I took a group of 8 food business execs there. We are all very involved with food and appreciate quality and innovation. We were well pleased with the menu and the dishes, but a pall was cast over our evening due to poor planning by the restaurant. We had ressies for 8 PM and at 9 we still had no table but were drinking at the bar. A few of the people wanted to leave so we started to order from the bar waitress. The food came promptly and everyone enjoyed their meal, but some of us ate standing up since there were not enough stools at our bar table. My impression was that the management was clearly at fault for not organizing their reservations properly. Michael Mina would not be happy with the way we were treated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre.AllyDined on 9/17/2014This restaurant was mediocre at best. The food and ambiance was good but they are way overpriced. Especially their wine list. The service was fine for a pub but not even close for an attempted upscale restaurant. I will not return and will not recommend.Special Features:
- Good food Good serviceMikeDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner and breakfast at this restaurant; although on our next visit we may try a restaurant outside of the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wit and WisdomJeffWDined on 9/14/2014Great atmosphere -- right on the water of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Liked how they had a blind down to cover windows to keep the sun out and then put it up after sun went down behind a building. Food was mostly great but disappointed in $39 rib-eye steak which was half fat and cooked rare instead of medium rare as requested. Service was great. Wine was overpriced ($69 cheapest) --four times the price on line. Luckily we were there Sunday for half price wine night which was a much more reasonable price. Great overall experience on a special occasion evening for us. They gave my wife a nice chocolate mousse dessert with a candle in it for her birthday. Also, gave her a card signed by the entire staff working that evening--nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wit and WisdomFoodiesnob66Dined on 9/11/2014Celebratrd a birthday dinner here. The view of the inner harbor was wonderful and the atmosphere is intimate. The service was good and so was the food. It was not the best food I have ever had however. I do recommended the lobster pot pie. My only complaint is the dessert menu. It was confusing because you didn't understand what you were ordering just by reading it. We had to have our server explain each dish. Not your usual or familiar desserts. All in all it was a lovely dining experience , I definately recommend this restaurant and I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it was betterNsb66VIPDined on 9/6/2014While we were waiting 45 minutes at the bar for our reservation, we couldn't help but notice the skimpy drinks that the bartender poured. When charging 12-17 dollars a drink (which should have been comped because of our wait) you expect to get a healthy size drink. It is such an insignificant cost to a bar to pour with a heavier hand. You can't help but feel ripped off right from the bar at the beginning of the night. When we finally sat for our reservation, the waiter was kind and knowledgable. Food was fine, nothing great. The view and bar scene are good enough that I may go back at some point. Had the bartender took better care, I would have definitely gone back.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The prices were almost that of Charleston restaurant but without the details to service of quality of food. The atmosphere was too bright, the wait staff was good but not excellent. The wines were far too overpriced. Overall good food, fair atmosphere, and far overpriced.
- food a disappointmentNyceats1Dined on 9/6/2014We went here for our daughter's birthday dinner. The ambiance is wonderful, we sat right next to the open kitchen and there was an amazing lightening storm going on outside which was fully visible from every table in the restaurant. Our waitress was okay -- considering the price of the food, we expected a bit more professionalism. The food arrived and looked good, but none of us were thrilled with our dishes. The chef seems to under season, leaving the food a bit tasteless. My husband had to send back his soup as it wasn't hot. My daughter had the tuna tartare to start and that was the best dish of the evening. Her lobster potpie was $51 -- so make sure you ask the market price. Pork duo dish looked grossly undercooked. Fish bland.Special Features:
- Don't bother...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014unless you're on an expense account or an unsophisticated glam-seeker! Drinks and food are ridiculously overpriced because of the location in the Four Seasons, and bang for the buck was sorely lacking. Cold and indifferent atmosphere and service only added to the sense of being ripped-off. There are much better restaurants very close by that for the same or less $$ provide a far more enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Date night dinnergreekfamDined on 9/6/2014What a wonderful meal! We completely enjoyed the eclectic menu and our server was attentive without being annoying. Loved the appetizer Tuna Tartar. We enjoyed our meal during an amazing thunder and lightening show. Hopefully next visit we will be able to sit outside.Special Features:
- Memorable!kathrynDined on 9/6/2014We met friends at Wit & Wisdom for a special dinner. The atmosphere was amazing -- we watched a thunderstorm roll in and out over the harbor over dinner and wine. Just beautiful. Was very impressed with the bar service and the attentive wine suggestions from the sommelier. The food was beautiful, and very tasty -- especially loved the bison and the truffle mac & cheese. And, the grilled bread for the table and the ricotta marscapone honey spread was a wonderful touch -- we usually skip the bread basket. Not this time. Also, the drink for the bar, the House Cup, was perfect for the steaming hot weather. We felt welcome to linger over dessert and coffee, and enjoyed people-watching. A real treat, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014The hostess shared info that my friend show was meeting me was running a few minutes late due to traffic with the waiter. In less than a minute he was over to see what I needed while I waited. He was knowledgeable about the wine list and the food. The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. The view of the sunset out the window we were seated by was spectacular. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It is a bit pricey but worth a splurge.
- Superb lunchcamkingVIPDined on 9/4/2014W&W must be a totally different place in the evening compared to lunch time when I dined there, going by other reviews. I had the gunpowder bison carpaccio, BBQ brisket, and brownie ice cream sandwich - all of which were beautifully presented, and very tasty. The portions were right-sized, in a fine dining style but the total cost was only $41+tip+drinks - which I thought excellent value. The service was professional, friendly and well-timed. N.B. 1: the dress code: it says "smart casual" - maybe for evenings, but for lunch, it definitely seemed more like "smart business" and I felt way under-dressed. N.B. 2: dessert menu was a restricted menu at lunch time (3 choices, but all tempting)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchtasticCptSkyeDined on 8/31/2014Lovely buffet with a nice view of the Inner Harbor. Our server was charming and did a nice job. Most of the food was very good though there was a strange Middle Eastern station with mysterious stews that were a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.