155 Alan White Road
Morris, CT 06763Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.winvian.com/restaurant.asp
- Phone: 8605679600x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch Saturdays & Sundays from 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Open for Dinner Wednesdays to Sundays from 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Eddy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Winvian
Chris Eddy, Executive Chef and founder of Winvian's food philosophy, prides himself as a culinary craftsman creating farm-to-table menus using simple, crisp and seasonal ingredients accented with unusual and fresh findings. Menu changes daily. To compliment our food program we have put together an extensive wine program of 500 labels from 13 countries 37 differnt regions, with the emphasis on USA, France and Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Winvian reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (8)scenic view (8)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpinionatedDined on 8/27/2014We chose the Winvian for our anniversary dinner. It was our first time there, and it was so great that we are planning to make this our anniversary spot every year from now on. First we went to a beautiful sitting room downstairs where we drank bourbon and leafed through Litchfield magazine. Then we dined upstairs in a very private, pretty room. Our waitress was friendly and engaging but also formal, very profressional. The GM stopped by several times to chat, and he was attentive and terrific. We chose the 4 course menu so we got to try everything. The dishes ranged from more conventional ingredients (scallops, octopus, beef, etc) to a little more unusual (pidgeon, rabbit). Each dish was wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfection in the CountryPampotVIPDined on 8/17/2014Although my husband and I know the Winivan owners, we did not identify ourselves either when confirming our reservations or during our visit. The meal, atmosphere and setting were superb! The service was seamless and comfortable. I'm delighted to think every diner shares our experience and is as eager to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMtroianoDined on 7/23/2014Everything was excellent from the food to the service. Even the foods I normally don't care for we're prepared to perfection and delicious, I ate every bite. Most upscale restaurants I leave still hungry and wanting more, I left the Winvian with a full belly. I have every intention of returning and highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to feel stiff? Dine at WinvianjohnDined on 7/19/2014The prix fixe idea doesn't work for people like us who are dessert-averse, particularly when the choices are so few and unimaginative. My wife found her plum sorbet closer to the taste of soap than any fruit. The first and main courses were excellent, marred by the very limited choice of only four of each kind. We dined in a tiny, elegant room with only two other tables and a regiment of male staff who hovered, insisting frequently that we tell them if we liked what we were eating. The over-all effect was of being spied on by not overly friendly snoops.Special Features:
- Farm to table heavenPintshirazVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is my second time dining at Winvian. This is a special occasion restaurant and each time a treat. We started with cocktails outside on the patio overlooking the garden and bucolic scenery. The interior is an elegant country inn. Each of the four courses chosen by my party of four was delicious and beautifully presented. All of the vegetables come from their own garden. The chef started us with stuffed squash blossoms and ended it with homemade sweets. All of the meat, fish and duck are locally sourced. You can't go wrong with the wine list. The service was impeccable. Loved every moment.Special Features:
- Perfect dining experienceTimandTorieDined on 7/2/2014Have dined at many restaurants in major cities throughout the world. Winvian ranks among the best in food, service and ambience. Its remote location adds to its charm. My new favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but blandDavstevVIPDined on 6/15/2014Very elegant setting on a beautiful country estate. The service was impeccable, the drinks excellent, but the menu was limited to 3 choices for appetizer entrees and dessert. That is fine if the food is amazing but what was delivered was quite bland and quite frankly boring. For the prices I would expect a meal to remember. Honestly I don't even remember what I had. There was a family dining that was apparently well known to the restaurant and known for their boisterous table manners (they told us themselves). With such a quiet evening and multiple rooms it makes no sense they seated us with them. It was not the dining experience I anticipated. I would give it another try but to enjoy the setting not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!KateDined on 6/15/2014The ambiance, service and food were outstanding. Wait staff could not have been kinder or more gracious. The food was a constant surprise - delicious carrot soup with a yummy, petite fried rice ball, duck confit with spring vegetables were thoughtfully prepared and presented. Bread was fresh baked and served with a wee EVOO bowl for each guest meant it did not run all over your plate! And, dessert! The lingering taste of the best chocolate, chocolate cake was unforgettable. Attention to detail was exceptional. Thank you for a lovely afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among best places in NW CTsmithhillDined on 6/1/2014We have recently purchased a vacation home in Sharon CT and have been trying the best rated places and so far this is the best, elegant and subtle cuisine, local and organic, attentive and knowledgeable service, unique ambiance of spa/hotel. Our main waiter was very generous and simply added a dish to our meal without charge (I guess we seemed to be enjoying it so much). A memorable meal for special night. (caveat: it is also the most expensive place we have eaten in CT).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was awesomereddogger69racingDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and everything went very smooth. The food was out of this world. Very impressed and cant wait to go back. By far one of the best restaurants in New England .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Winvian reviews archive.
- NurseShirleyDined on 4/23/2014A wonderfully romantic setting, with outstanding service and decadently delicious food. Perfect for a special celebration. They go out of their way to accommodate their guests. They provided a special dessert for my husband's birthday, without my even asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Class ExperienceGardenweaselVIPDined on 3/9/2014We opted for the 4 course dinner option for a VERYspecial birthday dinner. The fireplace dining room was quiet & romantic; all the tables were set for couples. Service was friendly & attentive. We started with an oyster amuse bouche, followed by warm mushroom salad, pasta courses (mine was gnocchi with pigeon), then we shared a cote de boeuf that was so drop dead delicious I may be dreaming of it for days. I couldn't wait to get home the next day to polish off the rib & leftovers! This was also served with roasted root vegetables & a potato tarte. Besides the apple cake dessert, a specially decorated pistachio cake + candle were quietly presented. Thankfully no birthday song! Worth every single cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.