White Oak Kitchen + Drinks
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
White Oak Kitchen + Drinks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whiteoakhouston.com/
- Phone: 7139606588x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am -11:00am, Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a meeting or simply having an office party? We provide a full range of catering services. Our professional staff will deliver and set up everything, eliminating the stress and easing your day!
A word from White Oak Kitchen + Drinks
Food that has simple ingredients with a modern twist. Whether you are indulging in breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will find your new favorite dish! You will love our style of traditional breakfast and don’t miss out on the appetizers for lunch + dinner!Continued
Located in the Houston Galleria, level 2, near Neiman Marcus.
Located in the Houston Galleria, level 2, near Neiman Marcus.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
White Oak Kitchen + Drinks reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (25)great for brunch (22)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A surprise. Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We tried during restaurant week and had the brunch. Best fruit salad I have had in a long time also Huevos Rancheros were great. The best of all was the warm cinnamon roll was fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I went to try this restaurant because of the restaurant week offer and the food was fair. It was not anything that blew me out of the water, but it was decent. I am sure lots of people enjoy this restaurant, but I am more of an adventurous eater and the menu was a little boring for me to want to come back to try something new.Special Features:
- Not badalchsDined on 8/21/2014Never knew this place existed. Found it for Houston Restaurant Weeks. Food was good for the lunch experience. Service was only okay.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedHappyFirstDined on 8/20/2014We were sat in a 70 percent empty restaurant and yet waited 15 minutes to order drinks. After ordering we waited 40 minutes for our dinner. My steak was overbooked and the fries looked like the nights ectoderm with Parmesan cheese. I asked for balsamic on the side and I got two containers with cheap oil and wine vinegar.
- Good experienceMissMarVIPDined on 8/17/2014Came here for brunch and enjoyed it- though driving and parking in Galleria is not the best. The buffalo truffle burger was VERY good. You could share it because it's big. The agave kale salad was super. Ended the meal with their organic cinnamon roll...yum! I'd return, but probably won't go out of my way to get there-only if I was needing to be in the Galleria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Brunchlovefood02Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant was nice. The service was not good. I had to get our menus because the server never came back to the table. I wish we could have adjusted the 20% auto gratuity. He simply did not deserve that much. 8 tickets at a minimum of $40. The food was REALLY good despite the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicekaseysDined on 8/14/2014A friend and I tried this spot for the first time as part of HRW. We went for lunch and both got the truffle burger. It was good, a little too crisp on the outside for my taste, but the inside was as ordered. The pot stickers appetizer and the cinnamon roll desert were by far our favorite part of the meal. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014It was a slow Wednesday evening at the place. Service was excellent. Food was good and happy hour lasts until 8. Awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston Restaurant Week-BrunchKK26Dined on 8/10/2014A couple of my girls got together and we went to have Brunch. Everything we has was delicious and worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KPC234Dined on 8/6/2014I made the reservation for Houston Resturant Weeks and the hostess asked us if we just wanted a menu for HRW. We said yes and we all felt that she made a face, that she was not happy that we only wanted the $20 lunch It was during lunch time and they were a little busy but service was really slow. It took us about 20 minutes to get our appetizer. When I got mine, the zucchini fries, there was a hair on my plate. the waiter brought back a new plate with the fries. It wasnt until then that the waiter and what appeared to be the manager, where now more attentive. The food was great. The best were the chicken dumpling pot stickers. I probably wont go back just based on the service which is unfortunate since their brunch menu looked great.
- They weren't ready for HRWStaceyDined on 8/3/2014I went to White Oak Kitchen for Sunday brunch during Houston Restaurant Week 2014 and the service was extremely slow. I don't think they were prepared to have that many guests. The food was bland and not very good at all! I had the tortilla soup, chicken and waffles and cinnamon roll. This was my first time there and I was excited to try a new place. Their menu looked really good but needless to say, I will not return to this restaurant.
- Stellar food, terribly slow servicebrunchismyfavVIPDined on 8/3/2014Start with the good... the food was awesome! Generous portions, great flavors, well balanced plate. On the other hand, the service was awful. We went for HRW and we were there for THREE HOURS. It was almost an HOUR between our first and second course, and then a good 30 minutes between finishing the second course and receiving our dessert. Since we had come for Sunday Funday brunch, I didn't necessarily mind the pace, but my constantly empty water glass and parched throat weren't too happy. I'd go back again for dinner, but if the service is as slow as it was for brunch, that would probably be my last visit.Special Features:
- 50bdayexperienceDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant was great for brunch! They had amazing hand made sangria and great mimosas. The service was outstanding and there was no wait. Although it's located right in the Galleria, we were able to valet park with the hotel and then get it validated. Overall a great experience for brunch with some friends!Special Features:
- Houston Food Weeks referralVaVoDined on 8/2/2014We came in this past Saturday for the special Houston Food Weeks brunch menu. We were surprised that they had already run out of lamb for their Lamb Sliders, and we did not receive all of the items on the cheese platter. Other than that, the server was attentive and apologetic, and the food was delicious, especially the buffalo burger with truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #HEWDonnaLouiseDined on 8/1/2014We had a great time for Houston Restaurant Weeks! Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!!!!BobbyDined on 7/30/2014Great spot!!! Food and service always great. Can you comp me two lunches and I'll bring a crowd? Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKmaybenexttimeDined on 6/12/2014The location is great for people who office in the area, but service was incredibly slow. The food was ok, nothing spectacular, definitely not worth an extended wait. I would expect with this great location, service would be impeccable, especially given the hotel affiliation, but was disappointed. Our server also started taking desert orders while half of the group was still eating and clearing the table was slow and inconsistent.
- Mother's Day BrunchFoodieAlertDined on 5/11/2014I treated my Mother-n-Law for a beautiful morning brunch! This was our first time at the White Oak Kitchen and we were very pleased with the service, the delish food and fab mimosas! We both can't stop raving about the dessert that we received to all of our friends and family. I will be returning with friends and my Mother-n-law!Special Features:
- The following 82 reviews are from the White Oak Kitchen + Drinks reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The meals we had were good but nothing I would go out of my way for. Going for Easter brunch at a restaraunt in the Galleria I expected a bit more class. The place was not busy but it seemed like they took forever to serve us our entrees. The staff was not that friendly and no specialties were suggested and in a way I felt it was a bother that we were there. When we did get our food, the portion was fair but there was no wow factor with the taste or prestation. I chose a smaller place thinking it would have a more personal touch and was dissapointed that it did not. The High Light was the Bananas Foster.
- Lunch hour is from 2-4 versusRobertoDined on 4/14/2014Lunch hour is from 2-4 versus standard restaurants from 12-2. Doesnt really benefit individulas who work in the tower and want a lunch hour menu.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD BREAKFAST AT THE WESTINPETERMEXVIPDined on 2/19/2014The Breakfast at this place is really good. Benedict's Eggs with Salmon one of the specialties . They served Starbucks Organic Coffee with many refills, and that's an extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE SEAFOOD RESTAURANTPETERMEXVIPDined on 2/18/2014The food is good the place is nice and the service can be better. In Overall a great place to eat and have drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected delightIncidentalTouristDined on 2/16/2014We chose to go there because of the good reviews. We were definitely not disappointed! Staff was pleasant and service was excellent. This one of the few restaurants I've been to where I ask for a tonic water and lime and actually get one the first time around (most places send me a club soda). The pricing was moderate, a nice touch. But the food... I ordered a falafel salad, not really knowing what to expect. It was delicious. But the kicker was my wife's meal (it is rare for her to like restaurant food). She ordered wok seared marinated beef with rice and she absolutely loved it! Wouldn't share any of it with me! Will definitely go back when I am in Houston again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD BREAKFASTPETERMEXVIPDined on 2/16/2014The Breakfast was Fantastic. Benedict Eggs with Salmon. Good and friendly service. In overall good place at the Westin Oaks in the Galleria. The oatmeal also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2014The food was good, but not excellent. The ambiance was loud and busy, but it is in a very busy mall, so that may be to be expected. And the service was mediocre. The surprise was the bill...for only 6 people for breakfast, the cost was $200! No alcohol or anything...and they added in the tip for a table with only six. I think I know why.
- GOOD HOTEL RESTAURANTPETERMEXVIPDined on 2/15/2014Is a nice informal place to have breakfast, lunch or dinner in your hotel. Westin Oaks with friendly service and good food. You have a big window so you can see people walking in the galeria.Special Features:
- Valentines DiningPhoenixlovesDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was superb at the White Oak Restaurant. However, after making a pre-registered reservation; numerous dining couples that arrived on time were kindly asked to wait at the bar for 30 min until a table becomes available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Everything from the food to the service was fantastic!Special Features:
- Reservation=FAILQtaylorDined on 2/14/2014We had an 8:15pm reservation for 2, we were not seated until 8:50pm, after we repeatedly saw people after us being seated. Once seated the waiter offered us the vegetarian option of the menu which only included a "tofu salad". Luckily the hostess agreed to let us order from the main menu and I was able to order a couple of sides. Not sure if we caught them on an off night or what but was not impressed :(
- GreatFoodie87Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent and very reasonably priced esp for valentines day. Service was good as well. Def a place that I would come to againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Taste like frozen fish. Chef Ramsey would have a field day.
- Again?? Doubtful .....briarwildDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good. And the décor is beautiful. But we went on Valentine's Day and they couldn't handle the amount of customers. Slow service is a pet peeve for me. The prices weren't horrid but they were high enough that I expected better service, even on a holiday. $10 for a glass of house wine. $3.75 for a soda. $17 for a hamburger. $47 for a steak. This restaurant is in the Galleria Mall. The only way I would go again would be if I was already in the mall. I wouldn't seek the restaurant out.
- They gave us ice creamClassyClouseDined on 2/14/2014Delicious ice cream, truly. Topped with brownies, peanuts, the usual good stuff. My anticipation grew as I perused the plate. However, I payed not enough attention to the placemat right in front of me, where I had just been handed a fork. Why? Why would you do this to me, White Oak?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've ever hadBenMDined on 2/14/2014That's pretty much it. 3 courses. Champagne. Best meal I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise LevelSomewhatDisappointedDined on 2/14/2014We were in a smaller room which was nice but the doors were left wide open & there was ton of noise coming from a large group of about 15 - 18 people seated right outside the doors. Was hard to carry on a conversation at our table...
- Valentine's DayJackiejoDined on 2/14/2014I've been here before with my mom and the brunch was to die for. Just recently went back with a friend for a valentine's day dinner and the website hadn't made it clear that the only option was their 78$ dinner for two. We were limited in our options and forced to spend more on stuff we probably wouldn't have gotten (ie. dessert, appatizer). Good food but was definitely a little peeved. I wasn't planning on spending that much and the portions weren't very big so just keep that in mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerJakeDined on 2/14/2014Had an early Valentine's dinner and the steak was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicelrojas215Dined on 2/14/2014The service was outstanding; however, the food was alright for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceAndyDined on 2/12/2014Its been a while since I have been treated so well in a restaurant. The food, the service , the place, the people were all outstanding. I pray that they can keep this quality of dining experience no matter how crowded or busy they get. They have certainly hired the right people to run this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute Christmas DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The place was busy, the food was good, and the service was about what i expect on Christmas Day. I am just thankful they were working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.