Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wheatfields.com/
- Phone: (518) 587-0534
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: monday -sunday 11:00am -2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Anthony Bifano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Allow WHEATFIELDS Restaurant & Bar’s skilled catering coordinator plan a fabulous event for you and your guests. On site or off the premises, WHEATFIELDS specializes in creating memories. Spectacular food augmented by outstanding service, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar is the perfect place for family events, for business functions, or celebrations of any nature.
- Private Party Facilities: Allow WHEATFIELDS Restaurant & Bar’s skilled catering coordinator plan a fabulous event for you and your guests. On site or off the premises, WHEATFIELDS specializes in creating memories. Spectacular food augmented by outstanding service, WHEATFIELDS Restaurant & Bar is the perfect place for family events, for business functions, or celebrations of any nature. Semi-private space available for up to 80 guests, or the entire restaurant for up to 200
- Private Party Contact: Kristen 518-587-0534x
A word from Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar
WHEATFIELDS’ Restaurant & Bar’s mission is to bring the finest local ingredients to guests’ plates. Proudly supporting New York farmers & wineries and serving regional products; WHEATFILEDS mission is in action. Pasta, Pizza & Breads are home-made daily, steaks are hand-cut & house-aged, Chef’s specials are offered nightly, impressive Gluten-Free menu, Carry-Out available, 2008 & 2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, acknowledged by the Wine Spectator for having a wine list of exceptional value, over 30 wines offered by the glass, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not the Wheatfields I rememberYummmDined on 11/1/2014It has been a number of years since I have been to Wheatfields. Back in the day I loved going their for their innovative pasta dishes. The dishes we had were less than exciting. The pasta seemed mass produced. It lacked good flavor and creativity. The conclusion of all was that it did not rise to the standard previously set for the restaurant and we didn't need to go back anytime soon. If I hadn't known the "old" Wheatfields it would have been okay.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014really enjoyed the restaurant and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Horrific ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014First time there, so not certain if this is usual. The food was fine -- nothing bad and nothing outstanding. However, the service was bad start to finish. Although we were a party of 6, we olny ordered 2 drinks -- 1 was brought over promptly and the other did not arrive until a 3rd request. Appetizers were brought out and a request for a second plate to share never arrived. Entrees were brought out about 5 minutes after the appetizers arrived and were only partially eaten. Server put the entrees down on the table anyway. Asked 3 perople for ketchup before someone finally brought it. Ordered 4 coffees, only 3 arrived. No apologies -- just a really bad showing by the staff.
- Cute restaurantluliebabeDined on 10/18/2014Cute restaurant but the food was mediocre for the price. $15 for a small portion of bland spinach fettuccine alfredo and then $3 more for 2 pieces of chicken that was okay was definitely not worth the price. The only thing we truly enjoyed was the herb butter they served with the bread. I would give this place another chance, but probably only for the pizza.Special Features:
- fun and good2and50Dined on 9/20/2014fresh pasta was wonderful, prices good, nice menu selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SaratogianVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was wonderful! Staff attentive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Not so good this timesqptDined on 8/31/2014Granted, a busy night. Still, service slow, food did not impress. On the plus side, manager very responsive.
- BeachcomberVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great location on Broadway for outside dining. Their homemade pasta dishes are always good. They have a delicious kale and spinach salad.Special Features:
- GoodMoveGoodMoveDined on 8/30/2014We love stopping in at Wheatfield's whenever we visit Saratoga Springs. The food, wine and service are always at a high standard. The only drawback is we like to make reservations and love to eat outside, which is not possible at Wheatfields. You can only make reservations to eat inside, Oh well.Special Features:
- John mJohnmDined on 8/30/2014Meal wasn't that good, buried in sauce was the entree. Sat us in the bar area not really the table for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- VAFTVIPDined on 8/23/2014I thought it would be hard to screw up pasta in a joint that touts itself for making it daily, but they did. Overcooked linguine and risotto, tepid meatballs, decent NY strip, kudos for good service on one of their busiest evenings of the year. But because of the mediocre food, not tempted to return.
- very reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We were there Friday night before traversing. Possibly their busiest night of the year. We were seated on time and served promptly. Everything came as ordered including my wife's gluten free stuff. My pasta was a little disappointing but I think I just made a poor choice. My wife loved her entree. We will go back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealLoveSaratogaDined on 8/22/2014Had dinner with a friend at Wheatfields Restaurant in Saratoga, and staff very nice, especially our waiter. We had asked for another table as the air conditioning was on too high, however, due to a busy night, they could not change our table (??) We were there at 6:30PM. But they did adjust the air, and it became more tolerable. Very good food, great bread, wine, etc. A bit on the noisy side, but then it was Travers weekend in Saratoga, and the town was packed. But overall very good experience.Special Features:
- Great SpothkfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Love dining here! Such great home made pasta! They have a nice wine list. The appetizers are great for vegetarians.Special Features:
- Always a nice meal2014RetireeDined on 8/16/2014Wheatfield's has delicious fresh made food and in particular, the pasta and Gnocchi are homemade. The menu has a decent variety of Italian and non Italian menu items. I have had many of the menu items in the past so I cannot really pick a favorite....it's all good. Wine list is expansive (not expensive) and well thought out. I highly recommend this reasonably priced restaurant. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the excellent service. The staff go out of their way to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We come up to Saratoga usually once a year and try to make stopping in at Wheatfields on Broadway a yearly stop. The food is always good, good value and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceMATravelerBOSDined on 8/13/2014Selected from a list of nearby restaurants on Open Table while in Saratoga Springs. I had the Linguine and Clams (made with fresh pasta) and my wife had the Shrimp Scampi with angel hair pasta. The food was outstanding. We shared the sweet and sour calamari and caprese salad, both were very good. The service was excellent. Lots of good dining options in Saratoga Springs, but we will definitely be back to Wheatfield's the next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestWestcoasterDined on 8/12/2014Pasta may have been fresh, but it was lumped together as if it had been sitting for an extended period after it had been cooked. Garden salad had significant amount of greens that were well beyond their 'best before' date - kitchen clearly did not pay much attention to what they threw in the bowl. Server was initially pleasant but did come by to solicit any feedback on our meal until it was too late to rectify.
- Group of 5OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Waiter was courteous, friendly and efficient. Took care of special requests with no hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastaCupcake22Dined on 8/8/2014The pasta was great...we had the pesto gnocchi and pasta with meatballs. The appetizers were mediocre... I had the spinach and kale salad and the greens were not tender at all, cut into huge pieces. The dressing was bland and barely there. The calamari were ok. The service was pretty bad. Our waiter seemed as though he hated his job, was not very friendly, did not ask if we wanted coffe/dessert just brought us the bill. Overall a pretty mediocre experience.Special Features:
- Great gathering placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner with an excellent table in the window (too sunny outside). Food was excellent with one exception...chicken was skimpy in the pasta dish. Service was very good, though there was a mix up with our second drink order which was taken by someone other than our waitress. We were just about finished with dinner when our second round of wine/beer arrived. Out of town guest enjoyed it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bartenders!SaratogaSummerDined on 8/2/2014They'll fix your drink your way. Very sharp and knowledgeable! BTW our server Bridget was the best! Great Pepperoni with great flavor on my personal pie.Special Features:
- gluten free menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The gluten-free menu was great! The gluten-free bread is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have loads of timeHungry12Dined on 7/30/2014Than this is a good choice. Food good but don't come hungry. It took way too long to be served
- Wonderful DinnerShellislandVIPDined on 7/28/2014Choose this Restaurant on a very busy strip of restaurants. Lots of gluten free options. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. The pasta choices were excellent, the sauces very tasty and the pizza delicious!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Post Track OptionWells0912Dined on 7/27/2014We sat outdoors, on a beautiful evening, after spending the day at the track. The service was efficient, although there was a bit of a language barrier with our main server. The food was very good overall. The only miss was the sauce in both the Chicken Parm and Eggplant Parm. Both myself and the person who had the Chicken parm thought the sauce did not have much flavor. We both decided a little crushed red pepper would take care of that, and it did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone enjoyed their meals alot!!WestsideBernie8VIPDined on 7/26/2014A group of six for dinner during race season .... so it can be hectic. It took a good while for us to be served but the wait staff was very nice and did his best. I had the crab mac n cheese - loved it. Some shared a pizza and like it too. The grumpy guy that ordered the crab cakes wasn't a fan but someone else ate them no problem. The meatballs with pasta was a big portion - three huge meatballs (seemed more veal or pork than beef but were still good). A great tasting tempranillo - I would say everyone was pretty satisfied only beef was the time it took coming out of the kitchen but with race season ongoing ... really not a big surprise there.Special Features:
- The following 329 reviews are from the Wheatfields Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The food and service are always consistently outstanding. Our server went out of her way to share favorite items. The sweet and spicy calamari proved to be an excellent choice. The pasta is always al dente and seasoned to perfection.Special Features:
- Don't miss this special place!!Conductor62Dined on 7/25/2014Our first trip to Saratoga Springs (for a concert) and did our homework on the internet to find the perfect restaurant for dinner....and boy, did we find it! Wheatfield's......homemade pasta daily.....wow!! Our waitress was awesome.....had a table in the front window and enjoyed the Main St. ambiance. It was a perfect start to a great evening. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy some outstanding pasta dishes!! Would come back here in a heartbeat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChris452Dined on 7/23/2014Great first time at Wheatfields. Food, service, ambiance a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find in a busy little cityDpot888Dined on 7/19/2014We reserved an early table prior to attending a concert in Sarstoga. We were greeted by a very pleasant server who was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient without being overbearing. Our wine, appetizers , entrees and shared dessert were all exceptionally prepared and delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very service orientedSaratoganewcomerDined on 7/19/2014From the start, I knew we were in good hands. The staff willingly changed our reservation to a half hour earlier! Service was excellent. The Caesar salad was scrumptious! Very pleased. Will recommend to others!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so fresh pastanot4uDined on 7/16/2014heard this was a good restaurant with fresh pasta. I have tasted better out of a box very underwhelmingSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Decor and Ambiance3KWCValleyDined on 7/15/2014This was my first visit to Wheatfields. Each person in my party was delighted with her/his entrée. We congregated from two opposite directions and had a lot to chat about. Even though we were taking pictures and laughing a lot I felt we were treated well. The service was amazing along with the food and ambiance. I would return whenever I'm in Saratoga for another delicious meal at Wheatfields.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointeddjkgDined on 7/12/2014Wheatfields is a place you can count on, it's consistent, consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjb49Dined on 7/5/2014Coming from Manhattan we were used to great dining experiences & Wheatfields was a great find for both lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Overall, the food was good to average. My gazpacho soup was extremely bland. My friend's crab cakes were fine. The pasta special (which we both had) was made with homemade pasta and the lemon caper sauce was tasty. The remaining contents in the dish were fine, but not exciting. The chocolate mousse desert was very good and the best part of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avid dinerFoodingerDined on 7/5/2014I have eaten at Wheatfields for the last 12 years and it is my favourite restaurant in the area. The one place I would never hesitate to bring an out of town visitor, first timers, friends and family. I love the food and the staff. Never had a bad experience in all the years of dining there.Special Features:
- Great gluten free options!jenivirgoVIPDined on 7/5/2014I was recently forced to remove gluten from my diet, so I was excited to see the many gluten-free pizza and pasta options. I went with the brown rice fusilla with pesto. It was delicious. The homemade lemonade and bloody marys were also a huge hit at our table.Special Features:
- Lunching with FriendsSusannaDannaDined on 6/25/2014Our first Wheatfield's experience was very fine. Pleasant atmosphere, varied menu selections, decent service, delicious food, reasonable prices. When the server learned it was a birthday party, she comped the desserts. Good place for people watching, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.