577 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.billwhiterestaurantgroup.com/wahso.html
- Phone: 4356150300x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for the Fall Season. Reopening Dec 3, 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Asian
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact our Sales and Events Department for specific information. 435-649-7850 or Tracy Lee email@example.com
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Public Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid parking on Main Street from 11am-8pm, 7 days a week. Free parking in the China Bridge Parking Structure,four hour limits. Excluding Sundance Festival.
A word from Wahso
Warm finger towels, deep jade table settings, curtain booths, and attentive service call back the Jazz-era Orient. A collection of Asian art befits the artistic offerings that emerge from the grill. Start your evening off with a sake martini shaken table-side, followed by Steamed Pork Buns, Hamachi Tar Tar, or Red and Gold Beet Salad. For entrees, house favorites Miso Black Cod, Roasted Duck Breast, and Marinated New York Steak. Inventive desserts like the Coconut Creme Brulee, a freshly hallowed coconut creatively filled with fresh coconut, served with chocolate dipped macaroons, will temp you to linger. Fodor's Editor's Choice Award 2006 (Top Ten Restaurants in the World.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wahso - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Wahso reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (12)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)scenic view (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Not our first visit. An all timer.CoppercoupleDined on 8/31/2014This is one of our all time favorites. The food is truly great and the service is spot on. The steak was booked perfectly, the tuna was a wonderfully prepared appetizer. The chicken with pineapple over a curry sauce was very flavorful. Always get the blistard beans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WahsoStrokerDined on 8/23/2014Great meal at a great restaurant, service and food exceptional.Special Features:
- Beautiful Dinner on Rainy EveninghardaleeDined on 8/22/2014We wanted to eat out on the patio but the weather didn't cooperate. The booths inside are as private as possible in any restaurant and suited us perfectly. My wife had the Monkfish which was cooked perfectly. My sister and I both had the Duck Confit accompanied by slices of duck breast. It was exquisite. For dessert the three of us shared two Coconut Creme Brule's served in fresh half coconut shells. To us this is the restaurant's signature dish which keeps bringing us back here but this time the entrees were every bit as wonderful.Special Features:
- WahsoFrequentDinerDined on 8/14/2014Very limited menu. Seated next to table with four rowdy children. Not the restaurants fault but nonetheless left very bad experience in my mind
- "lost their edge?"SteveDined on 8/8/2014Table on balcony overlooking Main Street was very nice....balcony was full, however 90% of the restaurant was empty and the food although very good seems to have lost its edge....and the competition was packed"Special Features:
- Innovative cuisinePCWildcatVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Wahso many times. I am always intrigued as to what the chef might have as a special creation. The Chanterelles and Cream Corn vegetable side dish was truly spectacular. My daughter enjoys seared ahi and the dish was presented with a unique take on a warm potato salad that may have been the best feature of the night. The only unfortunate thing was there was no way to have dessert after such a meal.Special Features:
- Best AsianpearlpettyDined on 8/2/2014We have dined at Wahso a few times over the years when we visit Park City, Utah and have enjoyed it very much. The choices of fish, chicken, lamb, beef or vegetarian are all done with flair. The service is attentive but not clingy. Oh, and the martini's are the biggest and most interesting in the area. They have very private booths for a romantic dinner or dining on the patio that is beautifully lit overlooking Main Street. One can not go wrong dining here!Special Features:
- Loved it!risaDined on 7/19/2014We had a fabulous experience! Everything was superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Restaurant has become disappointing in the past few years. Very slow service and in general, the food was mediocre.Special Features:
- OverpricedxeaglemanDined on 6/28/2014Food was considerably overpriced particularly for the quality of the food. The Duck was probably the best meal for the price. If it weren't for the 2 for 1 coupon I would have been considerably more upset/disappointed than I already was. The atmosphere was very good and is probably what they are counting on. However, it did not make up for the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2014Had a group of 8 there to celebrate a birthday. Kara, the GM, did a great job of making the night special, beginning with setting us up at a nice outside table. She brought a few special items from the chef along the way. The food was excellent as was the wine and our guests, who had never eaten there before were duly impressed. Wahso is on our go to list every time we are in town and our last meal there reinforced why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Wahso reviews archive.
- Romantic and deliciousLadiesnightoutDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I went for Father's Day. We have been to Wahso several times. The food is excellent. Very expensive, even by Park City standards. My husband enjoyed the duck, I loved their signature Black Cod. We asked for a quiet table, and were seated in a private booth. Everything was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectLuvagoodmealVIPDined on 4/13/2014Wahso is my my favorite dining experience on Main St. Always perfect food and service. Romantic ambience, however I have seen larger groups dine there. Try the banana dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wahso Wahoo!!!kklikesDined on 4/11/2014Great food beautifully presented. A quiet private dining experience.Special Features:
- Phenomanal FoodDisappointedVIPDined on 3/30/2014Always one of my favorites places to eat when in PC. The Duck was outstanding as were the scallops. It is too bad the service is so spotty and prevented us from going back for a second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, the inattentivenessTimmyQDined on 3/13/2014Unfortunately, the inattentiveness and hubris of our waiter detracted from our experience. My wife and I had a wonderful meal and memorable experience dining at Wahso in March 2012. This too was memorable but for the wrong reasons.
- Unforgettable dining experienceStpetefoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2014One of the best meals in Park City. The black Cod is superb . Don't miss the coconut creme brûléeSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, excellent serviceAlaris7VIPDined on 3/9/2014This is not "Chinese food." It is haute cuisine, with beautifully paired flavors and imaginative dishes. It is, of course, commensurately expensive. A special occasion restaurant, or a vacation splurge, maybe. In any case, we loved the food and enjoyed the quiet experience in a curtained booth, the attentive and personable waitstaff that took care of us without interjecting themselves into our dining experience. Totally recommend, on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Probably notMikeVIPDined on 3/8/2014Food was good. Probably not worth the price though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitKathyMDined on 3/8/2014We were very happy with the ambiance, service, and food. Specialty drinks were great. Love the private booth we sat in. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey in PCKelSki26Dined on 2/28/2014While the food and the atmosphere at this restaurant are excellent, the service was mediocre, and the prices are really high. I will admit that each entree was plenty of food, but I find it hard to justify the prices.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.DaleDined on 2/27/2014Excellent food and service. Took out of town family and friends and all were dazzled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCelebrate35Dined on 2/22/2014We are local residents who received a gift certificate to use at any bill white restaurant. we choose to use it to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We really looked forward to the evening expecting an outstanding meal based on the prices. We realize this is park city and money is no object to many of the patrons but when you charge $50 for a meal it should be above average. My husband chose the ribs which were bones with greasy fat. No meat. He did not complain but did not enjoy his meal at all. To be fair, I had the duck which was good. We enjoyed the mussels as our appetizer and the almond joy dessert was very good but nothing was exceptional. We would not recommend this restaurant.
- Loved dinner! Great service!LovelifeDined on 2/21/2014Had dinner recently while on vacation with our children - our server was outstanding, the appetizers and wine were great, as was dinner. The pumpkin soup is delicious - I highly recommend it!! Our children were easily able to find several selections on the children's menu (but they also loved the potstickers on the main menu). The server was friendly, came back to check on us regularly (but not intrusive), and we got an amazing little booth to share with our family. It was a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected delightphinicky11Dined on 2/19/2014The restaurant layout is unique, we were seated in a charming semi-private, curtained booth that made the meal romantic and eliminated some crowd noise, although there was not much. Service was excellent, pacing was perfect. The steamed chinese buns are not the usual dumplings, but a flavorful filling served on something resembling a fluffy pancake. The tuna tartare is the best I've had in years. I can also recommend the hamachi sashimi and don't leave without trying the coconut brulee. This was our best dining experience during our four night stay. Our server, Sarah, was professional, competent and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fusionTam333VIPDined on 2/17/2014Very imaginative, well composed plates. I highly recommend the black cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park CityShellyDined on 2/17/2014My favorite Restaraunt in Park City. Great service, fantastic food, wonderful ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodSchmidtyNYCDined on 2/16/2014The food was great, the service was awesome, and the ambiance was amazing. They had little alcoves for two persons, which was very romantic. Loved the food combinations, and they made Asian taste spectacular. The wait staff was tremendous and made great recommendations.Special Features:
- TCG1Dined on 2/15/2014We heard this restaurant was great. We found it very crowded, long wait and very expensive for small portions. The food was delicious, but we thought it was overpriced.Special Features:
- Delicious with interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Delicious with interesting take on Asian food. Great from the appetizer through dessert. Small, private rooms with lovely decor and high ceilings for the claustrophobic.Special Features:
- ExcellentcolieDined on 2/13/2014I really had an amazing experience. Our server was knowledgable and friendly but I didn't feel like he was hovering. The food was to die for. I would recommend Wahso to anyone that wanted to go out to a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Asian Fusion at its bestLuvBlingVIPDined on 2/1/2014My star ratings say it all. We had a curtained booth which was private and quiet. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencekellyDined on 1/30/2014I had a fantastic dinner meeting here with a surgeon and his wife. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic dinner at WahsoGeneVIPDined on 1/30/2014While living in Park City we have the opportunity to try many wonderful restaurants. Wahso is our favorite for gourmet food and excellent service. Our recent dinner there was "over-the-top" with respect to the imaginative dishes we consumed and the unsurpassed service we encountered. Wahso is a must stop for the gourmands while visiting Park City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sundance no excusealwayshungryDined on 1/25/2014Wahso was recommended to us by friends . Menu looked fantastic. Food was very good to excellent but service was awful. Waiter was totally over his head managing 3 other parties. Took our drink order and then proceeded to disappear fro 10 minutes before re-appearing to take other others from neighboring tables.... delivery of watered down sake martinis was anti-climatic. Asked for a wine list which appeared 10 minutes later. Food was very good, but our experience was already on a downward spiral. Try the Cod! Price fixe was $80 and was not worth it for teh amount of food served. Appetizer and salads very small. Other restaurants with similar $80 served more food with MUCH better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced; food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/25/2014Over-priced; food was good but not in line with the check
- if you have the bucksskimdogDined on 1/23/2014Great ambience and service. The food for the most part was unremarkable, particularly considering the cost, it is park city so best to just embrace it all. My expectations were high considering some of the reviews, had I lowered them a notch and disregarded the cost it would have been great. $120 per person with one $50 bottle of waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love exoticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014I enjoy restaurants that specialize in cooking with a twist. The salmon I had with a crab cake baked on top with Horseradish cream spinach was amazing. Whoever thought of that combination is a genius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with WahsoPCGuestVIPDined on 12/26/2013Given that the restaurant was very busy, it still failed to meet even a rating of "average". Our waiter consistently failed to attend to basic requests; I had to remind him twice that I had asked for a sake and when he finally brought it, at least 20 minutes later, rather than give it to me, he left it at the far end of the table from where I was seated. Towards the end of the dinner, we were bombarded with requests to remove our dishes even though some of us were still not finished with our meals. This is just not up to the standard set by this particular restaurant chain.
- The food was excellent andByronDined on 12/24/2013The food was excellent and the service was quite good. We both had seafood, tuna and salmon, and both were prepared perfectly and very tasty. The sauces complemented the fish without detracting from its flavor. The desserts were very good as well. Wahso is an old favorite and it will remain a mainstay of our restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.