Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
2943 State St.
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Ibara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a wide variety of custom catering options and enjoy working with special requests. We are confident in preparing cuisine to your pleasure.
A word from Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
Nestled in the heart of downtown Carlsbad, Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana is the perfect spot for a quiet night out, with fabulous food and award-winning service. Enjoy an affordable lunch on our outdoor patio or start the evening off at our full-service bar then enjoy a classic Italian dinner and a great bottle of wine. Our daily happy hour is a favorite among locals. A great place for a romantic dinner, a family gathering, a company party or special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (35)romantic (28)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- creativecrosbyDined on 9/12/2014Two brothers and a sister and her husband went to dine there, didn't know anything about it except what I had read in the reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. The bar was great, we a had a couple of drinks there and then went to our table The service was fast and the food wonderful. I love the ambiance. My brothers liked it so much they went back the next night!Special Features:
- Pacific ViewPacificViewDined on 8/30/2014Food was just average and the noise level disturbing.
- Great place!MikeBDined on 8/29/2014We really like this place, always sit outside with our dog. Inside is alo very nice. Great food, great service, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Amazing service and foodPreciousVIPDined on 8/23/2014Came to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and was pleased with the service and food. Our waitress was very friendly and energetic. The filet mignon was very flavorable and cooked to a perfect medium rare. I'm very picky with my chicken piccatta and although it was good here, I've had better elsewhere but I do highly recommend the linguini with pink cream sauce. I also am very picky with my pink cream sauce and this was the best I've had out of all the Italian restaurants I've ate at and the linguini was cooked perfectly. If you have only one place to eat at in Carlsbad then this is the place you must go to. :)Special Features:
- wonderful pastalovetoeatDined on 8/23/2014We tried Vigilucci's for the first time before going to a play on Sat night. We were seated on time and everyone tried something different. We all agreed that our dishes were wonderful and portions were large. Tried the featured wine which was quite reasonably priced. Waiter was there when needed but not overbearing. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RavioliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The best homemade lobster ravioli i have ever had. Nice portion and as usual the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Un très bon repasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Un très bon repas italien. Assiettes copieuses. On était a 4 et on a tous apprécié le plat commande. Donc je recommandeSpecial Features:
- excellent!!HIMEDined on 8/12/2014I went there with my husband and my daughter to celebrate my birthday. Food and service are all great ! They gave us a dessert with a candle on top. it was soooo nice. We would like to come back again. Parking was not so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014We LOVE Vigilucci's. especially this location. However, I had lasagna and it was served lukewarm. Our waiter was in a hurry, and he rushed us through dinner, seemed very stressed and not happy. Maybe he was just having a rough day. However, we will return to this restaurant and hopefully will have a better experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing specialSandyDined on 8/7/2014Normally this is one of our favorites! We had friends whom were in the area, and asked us to pick the restaurant for them and their cousins. Upon arriving I did not know there were two well behaved kids. The restaurant did a fabulous job accommodating us and the kids. The service was excellent. I had the pasta special I which I thought was pretty good. But I'm sorry to say my husband had the sea bass, presentation was outstanding but fish was disappointing. Out host had the other special and it looked ok. We were surprisingly disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great food & service; nice ambienceDavidTDined on 8/4/2014Went there beginning August 2014 - had great service that was attentive but not rushed - great food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Took out of town guests out for dinner. We are all Italian, so thought we would try this restaurant. Fabulous food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to start...k00lDined on 8/2/2014This is the second time my wife and I have eaten here. The first time I thought the food was good but nothing special (at least my dish.) My wife however loved it. I tried a taste of her dish, and it was a lot better than mine. While deciding where to go and eat, my wife mentioned that she really like Vigilucci's. The food was served with a very short wait. This time both of our meals were delicious. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and and artfully plated. The strawberry gelato with yogurt was very good also. We will return, but we are thinking about trying their other Carlsbad location that specializes in steak and fish.Special Features:
- Our first visithlyhlyDined on 7/29/2014Spaghetti and meatball was one of the best I had and the tuna tartar was also good. Food was generally very tasty and portion was pretty generous. I would also recommend the house wine which I was surprise how good it was.Special Features:
- Really ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Everything about the experience was so reminiscent of eating in Italy. A terrific experience.Special Features:
- Great ItalianHarryZimmDined on 7/22/2014Good service, great wine list, great food. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayhammyDined on 7/20/2014It was ok, service was good, food was ok. But for the price I expected way better. I chose it over another near by italian place for our daughters 16th birthday. I wish I had gone to the other place.Special Features:
- AwesomeBobaManiacDined on 7/19/2014First timers...awesome experience from reserving for a pretty good size table even though we showed up a little late due to traffic our table was not given away. The food was amazing the wine even better and they even gave a little desert for the birthday boy😁 ...such a great experience we will definitely be returning. Oh and the staff did a wonderful job from recommending wines to serving 👍 thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsKTDDDVIPDined on 7/19/2014Nice menu. Our Artichoke appetizer was excellent. The pasta was good. The veal was only fair. There were several families but the ambience suffered due to unruly children and this was at 8:00 p.m. not a early dinner reservation. Tables were a bit crowded together. I was seated next to a small wine cabinet and the hot air coming out of the back made my seat a bit uncomfortable. Our Server was great though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusselsKathyBrooklyn2014Dined on 7/18/2014I asked our waiter if I could have mussels with spaghetti since it was not on the menu and he said he would do it up special for me, well I had a total of 8 mussels and 4 of them were not open, so I could not eat them. They should check before it reached your plate since it is very expensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014scallops with risotto and vegetables were fantastic!!Special Features:
- Great italianCanalgirlDined on 7/9/2014Very authentic. Loved every dish. Very welcoming to our family (2 yr old and 10 yr old). Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Italian Food+ Waiter!JanielDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Viggilucci's before, but in Encinitas. This one is even more charming with a little outdoor patio area. The darling Italian waiter whose language just made it all seem that much better. My mother in law ordered the special risotto with lobster and a spice sauce. Holy cow! The lobster was huge, intact, and they cracked it for her. It was marvelous! My mom ordered the eggplant parmesan, which was great and had a tied bouquet of vegetables with it. Really gorgeous presentation. I had the Veal Limone (Piccatta). Delicious. Seriously gorgeous food that was authentic and delicious. And we are Italian! The cappucino was the BEST.Special Features:
- Missed Special OccasionFoodieDined on 7/4/2014We celebrated our fiftieth anniversary with you and had a fine meal and excellent service. However, we were disappointed that no mention was made of our special anniversary even though we did mention it when we reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end italianLandcruiserDined on 6/21/2014If you're looking for some authentic italian, this is the place to go. The wait staff is attentive, very friendly and knowledgeable. The food is really what you come here for. After having been to Italy once, this place is the closest i've come to true italian cuisine. Its expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- ServiceAshleylopezDined on 6/13/2014Although the good was really good, the service was not. The man oy came over once to see how we were doing and all he said was "good"? I was not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVIPDined on 6/10/2014The pasta is made in house, very delicate and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian restaurant, butTomzmomDined on 6/10/2014We have been dining at Vigilucci's for years and it is one of my favorite Italian eateries in North County. The food is always delicious and the menu is varied. However, the last three times I have met a girlfriend there for dinner, the service has been poor. On the last visit we waited 15 minutes before someone came to take our cocktail order, and the service was spotty throughout the meal. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Almost horribleGregBDined on 6/7/2014Made a reservation through Open Table. Still had to wait 35 minutes! The server was too busy and made numerous mistakes. Expensive yet average food.
- Italiana.......OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2014When you walk into an Italian restaurant you expect one thing......Italians work there! The waiter had a great sense of humor! The food and price value was very, very worth it! We go back for our birthday celebrations!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceDiscerningdinnerVIPDined on 6/3/2014The Salmon salad I had was fair. Good salmon; limp greens and uninteresting dressing. The service was good and the place is nice. Okay but nothing to get excited about.
- Family friendlyFoodieFamilyDined on 5/31/2014We were excited to find a very nice dining experience that also worked well for our kids. We had a group of 8 and they had a great kids menu although we ordered for up boys off the main menu and they gobbled it up. Hard to decide what to eat, so many wonderful dishes to choose from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You call that a main dish?theiceweaselDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have been considering trying out this restaurant for quite some time and decided why not. We both ordered their house wine which was pleasant to the nose and to the taste. After hearing the specials we each decided on a different one, my wife a spicy seafood pasta dish and mine being a veal ravioli in cream sauce. While we were waiting we had some bread with oil and vinegar, and the waitstaff did an excellent job keeping the bread full and our waters full. When our dishes arrived my wife's dish was pretty tasty and was a fairly average size for what you'd expect in an Italian restaurant like this. My dish on the other hand was the size of an appetizer. Very disappointing!
- Good but...dmancDined on 5/31/2014Overall the food was good and the service was excellent. We stopped for dinner at the State St Vigilucci restaurant with our granddaughter on our visit to California. My wife and I ordered the day's seafood special, sea bass, which came with a magnificent risotto. Unfortunately, we were both disappointed with the bass which was dry, bland and a tad overcooked. The risotto was the best we have ever had. Our granddaughter's pasta dish was excellent and cooked to perfection. We ordered the seafood special without asking the price. We were surprised when we got the tab, the cost of the bass was $37, a little much for what turned out to be a rather tasteless entrée. Will never order a special again without knowing the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LocaleaterDined on 5/30/2014Had the salmon served over lentils. It was delicious. Had to make a last minute change to my reservation time on a very busy night. Staff was accommodating and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findlilacnpoundyDined on 5/24/2014My boyfriend and I took a trip to Carlsbad to enjoy a bit of R&R. As usual, we consulted with Yelp on our dining options and, once again, we were delighted. We shared a Caesar salad (tasty, but the rectangular plate made cutting the lettuce a bit awkward) and the veal tortellini special. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Friday night dinner in dt CarlsbadAndy123VIPDined on 5/23/2014Service outshined flood. Lasagna was just okay. Very sweet, as hey waived corkage we gave them the rest of our bottle.Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana reviews archive.
- daniflintDined on 5/20/2014very good italian food , a little bit overpriced, good service , nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Always relaxingCohnjunkiesDined on 5/17/2014The ambience, the food and especially the service made for a wonderful evening. The service people quietly moved around us to provide service without interruption. It was wonderful.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Went there for an office birthday. It was good. Service was a tad slow and our waitress tried a little too hard, so it didn't feel sincere, but overall we had a good time. Food was good, nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.