108 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vasoazzurro.com/
- Phone: 6509401717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Hasan Yildiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vaso Azzurro
We are known for our authentic and fresh Northern Italian fare made daily with only the finest ingredients. With a variety of satisfying and unique dishes, we have something for every type of taste preferences. Our "feel at home" staff and intimate atmosphere filled with upscale Mediterranean decor makes us a great place to take a date or the whole family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vaso Azzurro reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (14)special occasion (12)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fit for foodies?iolavolaVIPDined on 10/26/2014I went with a friend of mine and the service was very poor. She ordered iced tea, which the waiter forgot. Then she ordered a pasta dish, asked for fettucine and got linguini. The waiter didn't pay attention. My dish was good but made with butter, which I don't normally eat. It didn't say on the menu that it was made with butter. However, it did taste very good. I have been there several times and liked it very much. I would say the waiter was at fault.
- Great seafood specialJoelVIPDined on 10/12/2014Visited before theater and received terrific service from server and owner. Sea bass special and home made desserts recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible american italian foodmangiabeneDined on 10/4/2014You should know you are in trouble when they serve a bowl full of garlic with their olive oil for dipping that they are not going to serve authentic and good italian food - where less is more and taste comes naturally. Really awful place but ok for being next to train tracks and on the busy adolescent hangout which has now become Castro St. in Mountain View.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014The food was excellent. Don't miss the tiramisu. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a tryfredz9Dined on 9/27/2014Good value. Food was well prepared, good sized portions, good flavors. Saturday evening, 7PM. Resturant was full. Too much noise to have conversation. They should install noise absorbing panels on ceilings and walls. Bar was ok, no draft beer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoChadVIPDined on 9/22/2014The service was excellent, the staff was very attentive, gave great recommendations, however, I was less impressed with the food. It was really "just ok", nothing spectacular. I had the Penne Con Pollo. There was not enough cream added to the sauce so it had an over acidic taste to it from the tomatoes. The bread that was served was warm, soft and delicious. Probably not a place I would return to, but it was worth a try.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerelaineKOAVIPDined on 9/20/2014Sometimes you forget how wonderful a neighborhood restaurant can be. Aside from a noisy crowd of celebrating female athletes on Saturday night the dining experience was great. Service was efficient. Both of the specials, the scallops and duck entrees were attractive presentations and delicious. The veal scallopini was a very large portion with a great sauce. We split salads and felt that they were generous in giving us more than we expected. Prices were moderate considering the quality of the food and variety offered. We appreciate the warm welcome that Vaso Azzurro provides each guest. They have outdoor, curbside dining as well and it was very popular.Special Features:
- Serviced to rushed!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014Reservations at 8:00 Sunday, looks like they close at 9:00 I was constantly being rushed, food was good, about 50% of tables occupied. Recommend not dining within one hour of closing !!
- Lovely DinnerKonnieKattDined on 9/14/2014A friend from out of town and I had a delightful meal on a pleasant Sunday evening. It was quite pleasant at one of the sidewalk tables. The food was well prepared and promptly served. Waiters were attentive without hovering (a problem in some restaurants for those of us who like to eat early, before the crowds arrive).Special Features:
- disappointingMaritaDined on 9/13/2014This used to be one of our favorite pre-theater restaurants. No longer. The noise level was atrocious - we had to shout to each other, increasing the noise more. It took a very long time to get served, even though most patrons were already served when we got there, so the kitchen couldn't have been overburdened. Folks who came in after us were served a full fifteen minutes before us, even though they had ordered the same food. We never saw our waiter again after he took our order, although the owner did come by a few times to see why we didn't have our food and to apologize. Too bad - we really used to like Vaso Azzurro.
- Food =10. Service= 1DIDO44Dined on 9/13/2014Arrived 4reservation, were told to wait while he took this other tables order (6 people). 5 mins later took to table in rear, center of door to kitchen, We moved. 10 mins later flagged person to take order. Had to get bus boy to get our salads and then 20 mins later we asked the bus boy again to get our main course. Waiters (3) were waiting on tables outside & inside, with no real assigned sections, so Service was deplorable. The opera singing was fun, but it kept the waiters up front of restaurant. Food when we got it was really good . The Gamberonia w/ Crispy crab stuffed polenta cake was exceptional! Lambchops tasty. No time with this 2 hour dining delay experience to have dessert. VERY disappointing!Special Features:
- So so food served too quicklyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Our main courses were served before we had finished our appetizers, leading to a very full table and slightly cool main courses.
- Good Northern ItalianAHreviewVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a great dinner before the theater at this popular restaurant. I had scampi with polenta and my friend had lamb chops. Both were generus portions and were very tasty. It was my first time here and I expect I will come back as the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Delicious!ChrisDined on 8/26/2014The food was fabulous and the service was wonderful, but the restaurant is very noisy, which is hard for the older and hard of hearing group.Special Features:
- Eh !XYZ123Dined on 8/25/2014I work on Castro and we had a new hire at our office, so we took the new hire to Vaso Azzurro for lunch because we heard they have great food. Yes, the food is great, but the service is poor. The waiter seemed bothered to have to wait on us. The food was good though. The waiter had to be asked 3 times to bring the final check to us. The first time he ignored me, the second time he pretended he didn't hear me and it took another waiter to practically raise his voice to him to get him to bring our check. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This restaurant is not cheap. If i'm going to pay that much for food, the service has to be top notch. I will not be returning to this restaurant.
- OutstandingEsmeraldaDined on 8/21/2014It was my first time at Vaso Assurro and the food was excellent, the service outstanding, we meet the owner that was very friendly, It was three of us and we all loved our food. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian food over zealous waiterAllergy2peanutsDined on 8/14/2014Food was pedestrian and the service was over zealous. Finally had to tell the 4 th waiter to come up to us with the specials that I wanted to look at the menu. Way too noisy to have a conversation. Did take my allergy seriously.
- Charming neighborhood restaurantNum2NumDined on 8/14/2014Our dinner was quite enjoyable. The polenta starter was a delicious surprise with mushrooms and gorganzola. The veal piccata and chicken were good - loved the sauces. The staff are charming and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never returningFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Never going back. Completely disorganized. Sat at the bar for 15 minutes without ever being greeted. Never returning. Going out of my way to unrecommend this place to all my coworkers in mountain viewSpecial Features:
- A Good Restaurant in Mountain ViewRDB27Dined on 7/27/2014This was our second visit to Vaso Azzurro. We were celebrating an anniversary and were seated at our requested table. However, the food came much too fast. When it came, my veal was swimming in sauce, although it was tender. They sang to us and we were presented with a complimentary chocolate decadence dessert with a candle. Unfortunately, they forgot to credit us on our Open Table account, even though I gave them the copy of the reservation, which was returned to me. Since the restaurant was not that crowded, these problems could have been avoided with a little more attention to detail.Special Features:
- I Love Vaso AzzurroMelCDined on 7/19/2014Vaso Azzurro is one of the best Italian restaurants in S.F. bay area. Food is surprisingly delicious. We ordered Bruscetta Napoletana, Bocconcini Di Mozzarella Alla Caprese, Linguini Azzurro, and Carre Di Agnello. Carre Di Agnello is grilled lamb chops to desired temperature over shiitaki and green peas-risotto in a brandy cream demi-glaze sauce. Tender lamb chops with juicy risotto, I love it! Linguini Azzurro was full of mussels, big scallops, baby shrimps, clams. The dish was tasty. My friend ordered red wine, he liked it. I ordered mojito, tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014so yes it is a casual place and we don't expect outstanding food. However with the pricing of the entrees, I don't think we had for what we paid. My dish was good, however the pasta my ordered were very regular and the tomatoe sauce was not great.
- Good foodMarybelleanneVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food Vaso Azzurro is a cut above most Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- A favoriteKittyDined on 7/2/2014We can always count on Vaso for a great meal and a fun evening. The owners and staff are very welcoming and make an effort to know their customers. In the evening there is often live music. It has a great vibe and of course the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Vaso Azzurro reviews archive.
- Slow friendly service, food greatlsusieDined on 6/26/2014We thought the servers were friendly and trying to please but fell short on getting meals to us because other groups were coming in. We left plenty of time but if you are in a rush, I would not recommend going there. The food was very good. I would go back becaude we go to events in the area but I would leave plenty of time to be patient with service.Special Features:
- Love the food service was too slowVishDined on 6/20/2014Food was great but the services was too slow from getting drinks, adding fir heater. I had to go and tell the server multiple times just get one thing.Special Features:
- Loved It!Love2eatDined on 6/11/2014Some of our dishes were delicious and some were so so. The services was, as always, outstanding! We sat for the first time outside. I have to say with the trains going by at regular intervals, it was too noisy for me. The ambiance and noise level is much better inside. We'll be definitely back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesNewExperiencesVIPDined on 6/7/2014The atmosphere is wonderful. You've got some musicians and a man singing authentic Italian tunes throughout the restaurant. The food was hit or miss. I think two people at our table loved their meals, the 4 others thought it was eh.Special Features:
- Great First ExperiencePVBuddyDined on 6/7/2014We ordered the salmon, flat iron steak, and two chicken dishes with a carpaccio appetizer. All were excellent. Service was a little spotty, our waiter seemed distracted. Clarinet and bass player by bthe bar played jazz standards softly and well.Special Features:
- Family Style ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2014Family style Italian restaurant locating in downtown of mountain view. Great food and atmosphere as long as you don't mind the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Great find in Mountain ViewPeterVIPDined on 6/3/2014We eat out often and it's always nice to find an exceptionally good restaurant in a convenient location. We ended up all having the Salmon (I normally never order fish but wanted something light) all of us agreed it was one of the best meals. The coffee and desert were excellent and the wine list was very reasonable. All in all it's definitely a place we'll return to.Special Features:
- Italian ambianceVdayDinersDined on 5/26/2014We always enjoy the food and friendly service at Vaso. The staff is helpful at recommending dishes if you are vacillating between selections. The wine list is appropriate for the dishes and a reasonable value. Though the outdoor dining is on the street, it is a pleasant oplace to while away a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so noisy and disruptivenothingfancyDined on 5/17/2014Owner is friendly. Waiters look cranky. When the wrong salad was brought out, the waiter questioned us then it took 15 minutes to get a Caesar. We asked for bread 3 times and were told it was baking even tho atleast 5 baskets came out before ours and it was cold. Really? The food was ok. Not worth the price and the online menu was so much lower than the actual. The freaky part was when this old lady came out and interrupted our dinner to gush over us and freak out my 92 year old mother by kissing her. Might be ok for regulars but we won't be back.Special Features:
- FOOD NIGHTiolavolaVIPDined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed the food very much and the service was really good. However, the owners were a little too visible, visiting tables and proclaiming "love." Just a little too much and it interferred with our dining somewhat. However, we will go there again and have been there before. Liked it then, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IsaacDined on 5/11/2014Mid level italian restaurant. Friendly stuffs but the food wasn't great.
- Singing owners!OpsmanDined on 5/11/2014This is a great place for a date or special occasion dining. We love to go here. The owners are very nice and the staff is extra attentive. Often there is a two piece sax and base band playing Italian songs and the owners or staff love to join in and sing. Fun night for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy in Mountain View!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Wonderful! And when you are there on a "special night" the owner is known to provide a great touch of entertainment, Italy brought to you......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shirlVIPDined on 4/27/2014another nice dining experience, although disappointed in the quality of the veal. unusual for me at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDiningdiva24Dined on 4/27/2014Love the friendly service, the pretty atmosphere and tasty cocktails. The food is very good but oh so salty. Otherwise, a wonderful experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Dining in Mama's HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was fantastic, and Mama came around frequently to make sure you enjoyed your meal and were getting everything you asked for. There was a tad bit of confusion when we arrived, as the earlier tables were lingering (so we had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation). The hosts were very apologetic, and what's a few minutes when you'll be getting an outstanding dinner? My husband got the roast chicken special and I got the lamb chops. Both were cooked to perfection and absolutely to die for. The garlic/olive oil bread dip was delicious as well. Other customers were eager to share their favorite dishes with us (mushroom ravioli with pink sauce), and everyone was so friendly. It was our first visit there, it won't be our last.Special Features: