Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian
3690 E Monarch Sky Ln
Meridian, ID 83646Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twigsbistro.com/
- Phone: 2088950029
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Patrick Lutrick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Catering: Please contact us for details on offsite catering. We can customize a menu to fit your needs.
A word from Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian
Prepare for a unique dining experience that is casual yet memorable. Visit our locations and you will experience the perfect ambiance, making for a warm and inviting atmosphere. Food will tantalize a variety of palates. Experience your meal with one of our 36 Signature MartinisContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian - Best Restaurants in Meridian ›
Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (23)hot spot (21)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (19)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (13)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (7)Show More
- ............aaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 9/12/2014...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu needs changed fastbsonnikDined on 9/12/2014What a gem in the Boise market. However, if you really take the time to review the menu, it needs to be more focused and a stand out in the market. I see they took out the Curry dish, bad choice. Also, probably too much fried food items. Small plates would draw more folks. I just hate to see what a great place it is and fantastic wait staff and service get tanked by the menu. You need to understand the Boise market is very fickle when it comes to dinning out. Once you let your foodies leave in haste, it will be the death nail you won't be able to undue. You have the perfect location and staff. Just dig in and get the next level of food back before it is to late. Pander to the foodies and the rest will follow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We came here for our anniversary after hearing good things - the drinks and food were great, but the service was horrible. It took us 20 minutes just to get water and menus. We only ended up getting a drink each & dessert because it took so long. We were there for an hour and a half with our waiter only stopping by 4 times (give us water/menu, get our order, drop off our order, drop off our check). I am not saying we wanted someone asking every 5 minutes if we were doing okay, but I know we also would have ordered more if our waiter would have been more attentive. We do want to go back, but if we get the same guy again we will request to be in a different section.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner dateDatenightdinerDined on 8/30/2014Twigs is wonderful for the perfect date night. Amazing food, wonderful patio and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for happy hour pre-movieTripperDined on 8/29/2014We had a nice dinner/happy hour at Twigs before seeing a movie next door. We sat inside...but the floor to ceiling windows were open with a concert going on just outside. We had the house wine which was on happy hour and a variety of appetizers. The artichoke frites and Moroccan beef were very good. The bruchetta needed more tomato and basil. Service was excellent and the restaurant was attractive. By the time we left at 6:30 there was a wait so I recommend using Open Table and making a reservation.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!MepbDined on 8/23/2014Tasty choices during happy hour. Seafood pasta was great, Pork dish was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza!TSisu40Dined on 8/19/2014The Polynesian Pizza was the most incredible pizza I have ever devoured! The salmon was very flavorful & the service was great! Martins were excellent! A great experience for a first timer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsmartiniluvrDined on 8/15/2014Our group meets monthly for lunch and decided to give this a try since it is fairly new to our area. We all had a wonderful experience. We were offered outdoor dining but chose inside so we could visit with one another without distractions. The menu offered something for everyone in our group and none of us were disappointed with our selection. Our waitress was attentive but not bothersome. The martini listing is extensive as is the wine list. We will definitly return to try new things.Special Features:
- Off Night for TwigsstumpjumperDined on 8/11/2014I had been to the Twigs in Utah and had a wonderful experience so I thought I would take a group of clients to Twigs in Meridian based on that experience. Unfortunately, this experience was far below the experience I previously had at a different location. The server must have been new and didn't know the menu well and didn't even know what beers were available. Three of us in the group ordered salmon and it was dry and flavorless. Another person ordered the Mahi Mahi and also said it was too dry. The final person in our group ordered a steak medium-rare and he said it was overcooked. There were also flies everywhere in the restaurant, which made the experience even worse. Sadly, I can't recommend this location from this experience.
- DeliciousFreiFamDined on 8/3/2014This was the third time I've been here and I've loved every dish ordered. They have amazing desserts, I especially recommend the drunken doughnuts! We brought our baby, and the servers (and even the guests) were great with him. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Basically went for drinks but decided to eat dinner. The dish I got was fantastic. The salad my friend ordered, she raved about. But I was disappointed with the selection. I felt there just wasn't enough. I also think the prices were a little strap. $20 for a plate of food was the average.Special Features:
- Good FoodKarenMDined on 7/25/2014The server did a great job at getting us turned in time for our movie. The food was excellent. My Basil Kamikaze was not as good as I've had before - not sure what the difference was. The one thing that made this not a perfect 5 star was the way they treated the reservation. We had a 7:15 and arrived at 7:05. The hostess would not seat us until 7:15, in fact she me come back to the podium to check in again - and then she seated us at a table that I noticed was empty when we arrived. Other than that odd treatment, it was a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I have previously eaten at the Meridian Twiggs 4 times, with great experiences, however this time was very lacking. I made reservations a week and a half prior to our engagement. This was a special occasion for me, my family was here from out of town. We arrived about ten minutes early and was told we would be seated at 7. So we sat down and waited. At 7:20 we still weren't seated and I had to ask it our table was ready, it was so who knows how long it had been ready. I had requested to sit outside, which they said they couldn't guarenttee it, I would think someone with reservations would have priority over a walk in. the first 3 beers my son ordered they were out of, drinks came late in the middle of dinner. Disappointing experience.
- Excellent food, service, everythingBadHarryDined on 7/25/2014Make reservations on Fri nite at Twigs at The Village in Meridian or you might not get a seat. That's because Beach Boys and Eagles Tribute bands are playing right outside and the place gets very crowded. The wait staff is very friendly and accomodating. Food is excellent. I recommend Happy Hour from 4 - 6 pm on Fri, half off for appetizers and selected good drinks. We split 4 different appetizers and all were great. Go there. Do it! But not when I'm trying to make a reservation because I want to get there before you do... ha ha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Great drink list, friendly server and so many things looked good on the menu it was hard to decide what to order. The crab and artichoke dip was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingladolcevitaDined on 7/19/2014I recently dined at Twigs to celebrate my parents birthdays and anniversary. We were looking forward to a great meal and atmosphere at the Meridian Village location. The appetizer, ( calamari) was fabulous! But the entrees were lacking in flavor, and my pasta was mushy. Our server was pleasant and attentive, and the drinks were average. For the $200 we spent that night, I was very disappointed. I might try a lunch visit, but never again dinner. There are better restaurants in that complex.Special Features:
- Good "before the movie" food.melkay718Dined on 7/12/2014Slow service! Food was okay. Martinis were okay, but overpriced. Might be a better place for lunch than dinner.Special Features:
- Great Gluten Free OptionsInspiredKimDined on 6/28/2014I am gluten free and have a hard time finding restuarants that have tasty options. I was very nicely surprised at Twigs, there were many appetizers, sandwiches, entrees and even pizzas to chose from. And my entree was delicious, I scraped the plate clean. My only complaint here was, that we made reservations, and they did seat us right away, but it was a horrible table location. Half of our group had the setting sun right in their eyes the whole meal and the other half had the sun roasting their backs. It was pretty unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NMeridianDined on 6/25/2014Most of our food was very good but the fries were over salted to the point of being uneatable. Great martinis! Service was friendly but not around very often. Myhusband had to get up and look for our server 4 times :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTessDined on 6/21/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the Village. The martinis are always good and very reasonably priced and their dinner never disappoints.Special Features:
- The Best foodskbondDined on 6/21/2014First time at this restaurant, the food was outstanding. Had the Crab and Artichoke dip, Osso Bucco.... Just amazing food.Special Features:
- Twiggs is worth the trip.kapudeadDined on 6/13/2014A nice, surprising find in the Legends outdoor mall in Meridian, Idaho. This is a large space, but well done. Good food with a wide variety of choices and prices on the menu. Well worth a try if you a looking for something a bit different at the mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night outLove2dineoutDined on 6/11/2014The overall experience was great! Our server was very pleasant. She checked in on us just enough. The food and drinks were tasty, yet reasonable. I would defiantly recommend it to my other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealBethinbouseDined on 6/7/2014We had a great experience and we all had great food at reasonable prices. Appreciate the half size options. noise level was too loud at 8 pm for our party of five to communicate with each other unfortuneately, bummer during a family get- togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twigs week of 6/1/14BearickDined on 6/1/2014Went to Twigs after a movie that evening. Had reservation so easy seating. Wait staff very friendly. Martini menu very fun! My favorite is the Tiki Crush! On the down side the 6 of us had to wait about an hour for our meals and the place was not that busy. Had a threesome come in about 20 minutes after us and they had their food about 15 minutes before we had our meal. Pizzas were all very good. Fish and chips got a so-so rating and the deserts were very good! Also appreciate the staff knowledge on gluten free as one of our party is a celiac and can not do any type of gluten or they would react.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening with friendsBoisefitDined on 5/31/2014We had a great time here on a Saturday night. The food was very good and the martini's were delicious! Very fun atmosphere and the service was good. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great service,not so great food.ninabelleDined on 5/27/2014Our server Savannah was wonderful! she knows how to treat her guests. The only downfall was the food. Don't get me wrong.The food is eatable, but for the prices being charged I expected a whole lot more. The food experience reminded me of a TGI fridays. In my world that is not a compliment. In reviewing the menu prior to going to Twigs, my expectations were much higher. I knew what type of food to expect, but that is not was delivered. If you are looking for a girls or guys night out to have great drinks, this is the place. If you are looking for a great food dining experience, unfortunately this should be found somewhere else.Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar - Meridian reviews archive.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Our server was really nice and knowlegable about all the food on the menu. We asked for specific reccomendations and she gave us several to choose from. She was attentive, but not an annoyance. I feel like the food was a little pricey for the amount you get, especially the fries as an Appetizer. The amount we got was really equivelent to what a restaurant would serve as a side with a burger. They were delicious though although I would have liked a little more of that vinegar flavor that they are supposed to have. My steak was very tender and juicy. It was prepared Exactly right. I was dissapointed that bread does not come with the meal, nor does a side salad. You have to pay extra. But all in all, I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experienceHelpmanreviewDined on 5/17/2014Great location and a beautiful looking atmosphere. Food was good but not memorable. Staff was friendly but not experienced about the food or bar. Portions of salads and pasta were quite small and even my wife left still hungry. I would try to dress up the patrons so it is a more formal experience. No shorts, tank tops, and flip flops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food !Bigd54Dined on 5/17/2014The food was excellent cooked to perfection ! I would recommend the bread pudding for desert !Special Features:
- Ok but kind of a let downIdahoallieVIPDined on 5/15/2014I have eaten at Twigs before and really enjoyed it, maybe everyone was new this last time. First off, we waited for our reserved table for 10 min and the front desk was extremely unorganized and didn't seem to know what to do. We were then shown to a dirty table with sticky stuff on the chairs and French fries all over the floor. We waited a very long time for our water and our waitress. For dinner, I ordered a burger, medium and our waitress was confused how pink the meat should be. Needless to say, when the meal arrived my burger was rare inside. After a few great experiences, to have this kind of evening was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchLedZepDined on 5/11/2014One of feature items on the brunch menu was eggs Benedict. All four of us order them. All four of us agreed they literally had no taste. Worst eggs benidict we've had. Chocolate bar and creme brûlée French toast made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchKarenMDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation for the Mother's Day Brunch. Arrived 5 minutes before the reservation time and did not get seated for an additional 20 minutes. The variety of foods available were very good. Ordered the eggs benedict and an omelet from the kitchen - both were a bit subpar from our expectations. Most of the prime rib at the carving station was excellent (one piece my son received was beyond rare and just plain raw). The french toast was really good. Staff did a good job at keeping the trays full. Wait staff was a little slow in getting to us initially and then getting our check.
- What a date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have found our new favorite date night hang out. Great service, excellent drinks and even better drinks!Special Features:
- Always Great food and serviceWRBoiseDined on 5/9/2014We've been to Twigs multiple times and enjoyed everything each time. I would recommend to every one.Special Features:
- Great Dinner, again!2lunchersDined on 5/4/2014We really like Twigs because it is more quiet than the surrounding restaurants and we can enjoy great conversation with friends. Food and drinks are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average FoodWaytogoVIPDined on 5/3/2014This new arrival had average food and the wine list was below par. The Calamari had avery MAYo tasting dipping sauce UGH. The OSO Buco had very salty potatoes. The Beet salad where were the beets???Special Features:
- Twigs is a keeperShep1770Dined on 5/1/2014Great service, food and ambiance ! I'll be back. The drinks are potent, if a little pricey. Only complaint happy hour is too short 5-6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okLovetodineoutDined on 4/26/2014The food was not what we were expecting. About half our table liked their food, the other half did not. The fries are nothing spectacular, just plain old fries. Steak in Steak salad was chewy, Salmon was WONDERFUL... plate was gone. Cod (Fish & chips) was just ok. Very busy place with great atmosphere! Just wish we had liked our food a bit more.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I have ways wanted to try twigs. It was a pleasant surprise to see that they have moved into the boise area. Great food, excellent martins, and fair prices make this place a winner. It can be quite noisy on a weekend evening, but the comfortable atmosphere and the aforementioned perks more than compensate for this minor downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.